Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• sweeney4sweeney4 Member Posts: 17
    I got the deal in NY, Nassau County, Garden City Nissan. Dealer is tough to deal with but if you are persistent you can do well.

MSRP 34,500 (SV model, includes splash guards, floor mats)
    Invoice 31,627

Price of car 28,127 - includes ($1,500 cash back nissan for lease, and additional $1000 cash back from nissan, plus I paid $1000 under invoice).

Negotiated price of the car - $28,127

Residual - 19,320
    Money factor .00125

Tax rolled in, bank fee rolled

Due at signing, first month, MV fees, tax on cap cost reduction, doc fee, inspection,
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    I know that Infiniti offers a leasing option for Multiple Security Deposits which lower your Money Factor. Does Nissan offer the same option on Nissan leases...e.g. a Maxima?
  • asdfghjklasdfghjkl Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone leased a Maxima S lately? Just wondering what kind of prices are out there.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi asdfghjkl. The dealer invoice price of the car that you described is around $29,100. In all of the country, Nissan is providing a total of $1,000 in cash incentives on leases of this car. There's an additional $1,000 on top of that in certain parts of the country.

The selling price that you were quoted, $26,630 appears to be below invoice minus all of the available cash incentives, which needless to say is a very good deal. The money factor that you were quoted looks about right as well. I'd say that you did a very good job. Enjoy your new ride...I love the Maxima.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey gperr. NMAC's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Maxima SV Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00100 and 55%.

I'm not sure if NMAC offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year on Nissan division vehicles, but if it does they would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sandianasandiana Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2010
    I'm in Illinois and may be leasing a new SV tomorrow morning and would REALLY appreciate your input tonight if possible ... MSRP is $35,600 -- Internet Price is $28,449 (including all current incentives, which I believe equal $2,250). I have exceptional credit. Lease term is 39 months/15K mileage. I am trading in my vehicle (say they're giving me $11,500) and getting back $8,000 cash ... so putting down roughly $3,500 total. The payments will be $315/mo. I'm trying to figure out if there are any hidden costs and if I'm truly getting the price I'm being told for my trade and new car. Does this add up? Please advise, thanks.
    edited June 2010
    I'd also appreciate if you would point out anything else I should know about -- such as 'fees' to watch out for, etc. Thx!
  • jcohmanjcohman Member Posts: 1
    Car_man, I had same/similar question and was led here. Are you basically saying for each change in the lease term (months) the residual % changes by 1% - so from 36 to 39 = 1% decrease? What about from 24 to 36 - just a 1% decrease?

Is it similar logic for mileage/year - 1% decrease/increase for going to the next higher/lower mileage point (ex: 12 to 15 or 15 to 12)?

Lastly, how do the options/pkgs change the residual - for ex. Maxima SV with Cold & Monitor Pkgs. I assume the Maxima SV base has a given residual and money factor and the residual changes with added pkgs?

Thanks! :)
    I just got home with my new Maxima and absolutely LOVE it so far! I was tempted to just keep driving instead of coming home, and might go out a bit later for a cruise. The dealer was great -- were up front re: everything, zero pressure, zero negotiating. In & out in less than 2 hours total. Here's my deal:

SV w/Monitor Pkg, Cold Pkg, Floor Mats/Trunk Mat & Splash Guards
    MSRP: $35,600
    Price: $31,849.09 (below invoice)
    Minus Rebates: $2,000 rebates
    Actual Price Paid: $29,849.09
    $3,000 down + 1st mo payment
    $315.00 @ 39 mo / 15K miles yr

(I have very good credit, so got .00100)

I live in the Chicago burbs. If you live in the area and are interested in a similar deal, plz let me know, as I would get a free month's payment if I refer you.
  • hoosier203hoosier203 Member Posts: 9
    ok looking for some feedback here.

i have a deal on the table and here is what the lease quote is on.

i have a 2008 2.5 SL altima with 22K miles (i can put up to 39,000). i have 8 payments left at $480.39 (i rolled a previous car into this payment) . the residual at end of the lease term is $15,723 and the payoff today is $18,977. the car has low miles and has about $1,000 in body damage.

i have Tier 1 credit with NMAC and they have already pre approved me up to $700 a month. i am wondering if i burn out this lease and stay in the altima or if i have a good (early) deal. i dont want to be rolling negative equity into my new lease (or a minimal ammount would be fine).

deal:
    MSRP: $39,720
    39 months, 12,000 miles a year
    get out of my altima early and dont have to fix body work
    $479.23 a month
    state - illinois
    zero down (except first month payment, dock fee, and plates ~$800.

one dealer quoted me $525 and i walked out - they were the deal i got the altima at and called me to come in. another for the same car quoted $479.23. do you recommend i make the deal or wait? beat them up a litte more? what would the lease payment be for this same car in january if i burn the altima lease further? will it be $50 to $100 less a month? nissan dealer says they will be buying my altima from NMAC. i do realize i am getting a much better car with a lower payment (by $10 a month) without having to fix the body work.

let me know thoughts and what you think i should do. also, let me know if you need any additonal information.
    I posted a couple times and didn't get any responses, so figured I'd at least reply to yours. You'd be upgrading from a 2.5 Altime to a 2010 3.5 Maxima SV ... is that correct? At a lower payment. If so, they are doing some MAJOR magic with their numbers, and it seems like a no brainer to me assuming there are no other hidden costs anywhere. My guess is that you may have overpaid on the Altima (your current payment seems very high for that car, IMHO, but I don't know what addt'l debt you may have rolled into it), which is how they're able to eat those costs. Sounds like a great deal compared to your current one. I've only had my Maxima SV for 2 days now, but I absolutely LOVE it. And, I was coming from a car that already had a powerful V6, etc. The difference between your 2.5 Altima and a Maxima SV is going to blow you away.
    Hi, I'm obviously not "car man" but I saw your post and wanted to let you know what my understanding is, given my personal experience this weekend. My residual (on an SV with Monitor & Cold Pkgs, plus mats & splash guards and an MSRP of $35,600) went down to 54% when I increased the mileage to 15K. Was still a great deal for me, especially since I plan to turn the car in vs. purchase when my lease is up.
    sandiana.
    yes i lease the altima now and it doesnt come due till january and would be now leasing a 3.5 maxima sv.

i did overpay on the altima and i rolled some debt into that payment. i just want to make sure i am not rolling more debt again into the maxima. i jsut want to be 'free'. what i was getting at was if i did wait, would my payments for the same car be much lower than what they are quoting?

thanks for the help!
    Yeah, I would think that they're definitely rolling that debt into the new/proposed lease. I just leased an SV with an MSRP of $35,600 -- I put down $3,000 and my payment (39 months @ 15K miles/yr) is exactly $315.00 with top-tier credit. That was with paying $712 under invoice PLUS getting another $2,000 in rebates ... so getting it for $2,712 below invoice. Your payments would certainly be lower if you waited, assuming similar incentives/rebates are being offered at that time.
    I should have clarified ... it does seem like they have to be eating SOME of the outstanding lease to get you into so much nicer of a car and for your payment to go down, but I can't imagine that they are eating it ALL. If you plan to continue leasing as the years go on, it seems like a good deal. If not, and you truly want to be "free", buying a car and keeping it til it's paid off is obviously the only way to do that ;o)
    the MSRP on mine is $39K. the car is loaded with everything except the premium package. i would be putting zero down except first month payment and few other fees ~ 800. do you think the payments will be much lower if i wait? the risks are will the rebates still be available and will the '11 lease for a little more than the '10s.
    With basically nothing out of pocket, that honestly sounds like a killer deal to me. It's always a little bit of a gamble, as there's no guarantee there will be as good of incentives come January -- they could be better, they could be worse -- so, I would say that as long as you're absolutey sure you want to lease your next car vs. turning it in and buying in '11, I would go for it! I don't see any downside, given the info available.
  • eka1eka1 Member Posts: 41
    Why you keep on saying you love your Maxima. Last time I checked a car doesn't love to back. Unless your a little on the ......... side
  • eka1eka1 Member Posts: 41
    Good Luck with your car, but why you keep on saying you love your Max
  • siraskalotsiraskalot Member Posts: 10
    I'm an avid reader of these forums, this is my inaugural post.

I'm in queens NY and am looking to lease a new Maxima ASAP. After serious discussions with the dealer my final offer was as follows.

'10 Maxima SV with premium/tech &spoiler

39month lease 12k 55%residual .00100 MF

MSRP 39,950 Neg Price was 35,500
    1500 down off my trade + 430 first month/registration fee =1930

395/month thereafter any thoughts? Should I continue shopping? I'm supposed to sign the paperwork tomorrow

Thank you all in advance!
  • sweeney4sweeney4 Member Posts: 17
    I think it is a reasonable price - you might be able to do approx $10 per month better but the $395 price per month is fair.
    I assumed that includes all fees rolled in?
    premi package too? or just sport/ tech/ winter? how much are you putting down?
    They are taking the 500 from my trade toward the bank fees. Essentially I was getting 2k for my trade. Pull the trigger?
    No Sport, Premi/Tech Package w/ spoiler added.
    edited June 2010
    Ok the deal is sealed and is as follows... Feedback is definitely appreciated!

2010 Maxima SV, with Pemium Package, Tech Package and Factory Spoiler.
    MSRP 39,950
    Adj Cap Cost 34,414 (includes 1500 nissan rebate)
    55% residual(NY), .001 MF
    $2375 out of pocket (incl trade) covers fees first month etc.

Monthly Payment $375/ 39 months, 12k

Any thoughts on this deal?
  • asd302asd302 Member Posts: 65
    MSRP $39950
    Base cap $34650
    Rebates -$2250
    ADJ CAP $32400
    residual 54% $21573
    MF .00100
    39mo/15k
    9% pa lease tax
    Payment is $363 tax in, with $600 due at signing
    This is for a loaded SV Premium/Tech in Crimson Black
  • ogstewogstew Member Posts: 12
    Same exact MSRP and color as mine. i dont have premium but I do have the sports package, I put 1k at signing plus first month...395 a month is what I pay and I think I got a good deal...your 363 is one of the best Ive seen in this forum
  • bike350bike350 Member Posts: 1
    This is a great deal
    Can you share dealer and sales person?

I was just given $395 for same car and 36 months with $2500 out of pocket and a $2000 rebate
  • mook12mook12 Member Posts: 61
    hello i am trying to return my leased 08 altima which still has 9 payments total of $2500 and get into a 10 maxima s with basic options. i have shopped around and the best deal i got was $339 per month with 2000 out of pocket that includes tax and fees and they pay everything with the altima. if i wait till november to get a 10 maxima while the 11 maximas are in will i get a better deal than right now. The salesperson told me the 10 maxima will have lost its residual by the end of the year. i dont believe it but please let me know what you think. thank you
    Sounds like a great deal to me! I believe I got a great deal last weekend, but yours sounds even better. My MSRP was quite a bit less -- $35,600 @ 39 mo/15K miles & same residual & MF as you. I got mine for $712 below invoice plus an addt'l $2,000 off in rebates, so $2,712 below invoice. I put down $3,000 and my payments are $315. Your deal sounds extremely hard to beat!
    9 months is obviously a lot of payments to roll in to the new deal, so the deal they're offering you sounds pretty good to me. However ... before you make any decisions, you may want to get a quote on a Maxima SV. Based on info from my dealer, I think the residuals may be higher on the SV's with packages. So, for the heck of it before making any decisions you may want to get a quote on one -- you might be surprised how much more car you can get into for a similar payment. Good luck!
    A dealership in nj is offering me $2250 in cash incentives that will almost take care of $2500 owed from the altima and then they told me the invoice is $29450 and they would bring it down another $1500 to 27000 so i should be in the low $300 per month range with very little down but this was over the phone so we ll see what they say when i walk in but i dont know how to use the leasing calculator to find out before i go there. if you can help me i really appreciate it
  • azax456azax456 Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2010
    That looks like a crazy good deal! My dealer in AZ is telling me there is only $500 available in rebates on the Maxima. Is that really true? Everyone here appears to be getting around $2000. This is obviously for a lease. I'm looking at a SV w/ sport and tech - $39090 MSRP
    they are lying go to different dealerships. Nissan has a $1250 cash back plus $500 bonus cash and then some will throw in another $500 for being a loyal customer so all together it adds up well. I just hope i could get them to lower the selling price and keep the residual high so my payments are low
    If you're BUYING vs. leasing and taking advantage of the 0% financing, then what they're telling you is the truth ... it's only $500-$1,000 in rebates (maybe the extra $500 is only available from some dealers or in certain states?) The full $2,000-$2,250 is definitely only for lease or if you finance on your own -- not combined with special financing.
    Thanks for the quick response guys. Do you guys know of anywhere online I can see these rebates which outline who can get them? I would like to take it into the dealer and show him how brown his eyes are so we can just do a deal already.

Thanks again!
    Hey guys, this dealer is just outside of philly and for some reason they really want to move this car, and I am A-OK with that. I started with pricing from www.amexnetowrk.zag.com of which they are NOT a partner dealer but they dont want to lose any business so they beat it slightly. Then I said that I may want to do a loaded V6 altima instead because it was gonna be about $290/mo but they were going to have to go get one, so they sweetened the deal by a couple bucks on the Maxima. To be fair I do know the sales guy, he used to work for me, but I also am best friends with the owner of a different Nissan dealer that said no way to the deal so..... They also tried every trick in the book like adding profit to the MF, not allowing rebates, giving me quotes at 12k when I asked for 15k etc... I just kept "correcting" their "mistakes"
    Nissan's website lists the current incentives, and you can also find on Edmunds. It may depend on your zip code.
    I found that but it only explicitly says "lease deals" on the $500 cash. I can't find anywhere that says the $2000 rebate is good on lease deals.
    Some of the rebates were specific to the Maxima. I pulled it up the other day, and was pretty sure they were in effect until 6/30.
    Heres what edmunds shows:

$2000 Cash to Customer start: 06/02/2010 end: 06/30/2010
    Restrictions $2000 Customer Retail Cash may not be combined with 0.0% APR - 1.9 % APR and vehicle must be financed through the manufacturer's captive finance company.
    Comments Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

$500 Cash to Customer start: 06/02/2010 end: 06/30/2010
    Restrictions $500 Bonus Cash is available to customers who finance or lease through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation. Cash can be combined with all existing offers. Please see your dealer for details.
    Comments Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

$500 Cash to Customer start: 06/02/2010 end: 06/30/2010
    Restrictions $500 Bonus Cash is available to customers who finance or lease a new and unregistered 2010 Maxima or 2010 Rogue. Please see your dealer for details.
    so what was the deal they gave you. I'm going tomorrow to a dealer in woodbridge nj i wanna be at $300 with $1500 out of pocket nothing more if they cant do it i ll shop around or just wait for november maybe i could get a 10 maxima cheaper since the 11 maxima will be in
    I got $2,000 in rebates on Saturday -- I'm in Illinois.
    So they told me today that only the $500 is available at MF of 0.0010. They said if I wanted to take a higher MF I would get full rebates. Here is the deal they are offering...please tell me they can do better.

3.5 SV Premium Tech
    MSRP: $39,950
    Invoice: $36,305
    Sales price: $35,305
    Drive off fees: $1,475.91
    Acq fee: $595
    Adj cap cost: $37,375.91
    Payment with tax: $495.43

This deal is ZERO down, everything rolled in. 39month/12K

Thoughts please!! I'm in AZ, PHX area.
    I got .00100 along with the $2,000 in rebates, so that doesn't sound right. I qualified for top-tier credit, though. If you have great credit, I think that's BS.

I copied this from an earlier post ... exact same MSRP as yours and a quite different payment:

MSRP $39950
    Base cap $34650
    Rebates -$2250
    ADJ CAP $32400
    residual 54% $21573
    MF .00100
    39mo/15k
    9% pa lease tax
    Payment is $363 tax in, with $600 due at signing
    This person got an additional 3200ish off the MSRP which with some work I can hopefully get. That car has an even lower residual with the 15K miles and a 1% higher tax rate I'm really trying to figure out how they got that low. Even with the $600 down, thats maybe a total of $4000 difference in prices, I don't think that would make a $136 difference in monthly payment...I'm confused :/
    Yeah, I thought that seemed like a crazy good deal, too -- good for him, but I'm not sure how he got such a great deal, either. I posted my deal details -- feel free to refer to that (a little higher up in the postss), as it's probably more in line with the 'norm' of someone who shopped around a lot and got a good deal. I'm happy with the deal I made, and I know the deal I got was the best available to me in the area, as I got quotes from several dealers. Good luck to you! Will be interested in hearing where you end up. The good news is that you still have 5 days til these particular rebates end, which gives you time to shop around at other dealers.
    I think that person got a steal of a deal if its true but high 400's is alot even for a loaded maxima try to get within low 400's or even the 300's. Does anybody know when a dealer tells you that he is losing a negative amount of money and even tries to show you on the computer if this may be the truth or just lying
    On paper, my dealer lost money, too -- but, they wouldn't stay in business if they truly 'lost' $500-1,000 dollars on every car they sold/leased, so I'm thinking there must be some manufacturer to dealer incentives that aren't visible to us. Or, there's a way for them to write it off and come out ahead on taxes. I asked how they were making money on my deal, and they said they weren't but that each sale contributes to their bottom line -- bonuses based on volume, I'm thinking. You'd probably have to talk to a finance guy working at a dealership to get the straight story. Personally, knowing that I got a car for $712 under invoice plus another $2K in rebates, I'm pretty happy. If someone gets a better deal, I'm also happy for them, but I still feel good about mine :o)
    Hey guys, they are selling me the car for $32190 after all the rebates, thats how the payment is so low based on the .00100 and 54% and 39mo, the $600 due at signing is just 1st month and dmv stuff
This discussion has been closed.