Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gtraub. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

In your state, Florida, Nissan is providing $1,500 on leases of the 2010 Maxima right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • fsrtwofsrtwo Member Posts: 12
    Thanks Car Man,

I live in Maryland. What are the lease fees besides tax and DMV fees.
  • azax456azax456 Member Posts: 27
    Around $900-1000
  • bearstearns1bearstearns1 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

Would you be so kind as to post the MF, residual, and cash incentives available on a 2010 Maxima SV with Premium Package @ 36 Months with 12K miles. Also, does NMAC typically charge a bank fee?

I live in New Jersey.

Many thanks
  • mook12mook12 Member Posts: 61
    ok i need some advice i worked out the monthly payments with this dealership in nj and i was going to sign the contract tomorrow but the maxima in crimson black that i wanted sold so they told me they could get another one from another dealer but i have to put a deposit. why am i putting money down if i dont have a product in return. i know they probably just want me to sign even though i would get my deposit back but how long am i to wait for the car that i want. Right? any thoughts guys?
    ok i just leased a maxima s for 39 months 12,000 miles

msrp: 31530.00
    $309 per month
    $1700 out of pocket for tax, plates, first payment, doc fees
    negotiated selling price is $27447.82
    residual/buyout is $16710.00
    i got july money factor and they paid 8payments off my altima lease
    at $279.00 a month.
    Car man can you or anyone who knows the lease calculations if this was a great deal. thanks
  • gs42gs42 Member Posts: 54
    That is less than 0% interest after paying off your 8 payments if I calculate correctly. Great deals can be had if you are in the right place. Sure beats my Nov 2008 deal. 1800 less residual, 1300 less out of pocket PLUS you got your old car paid off. You should be smiling!!
    thanks gs42, with the residual as low as it is, I plan on buying it after the lease is over. I appreciate your feedback and I am very happy with the deal. July was a great month for maxima leasing. Good luck with your next car and thanks.
  • mdxfan3mdxfan3 Member Posts: 17
    Hi CarMan,

I'm looking at leasing a 2010 Maxima 3.5 SV prem+tech by Aug 2 (if possible). Can you tell me the current residuals & money factors for the following lease terms:

12K / 39 months
    15K / 39 months

Thanks!
    One more thing, has anyone in the "Midwest" gotten below invoice lately???

Today I was quoted what appears to be just about invoice from two dealers--about $3600 off of a $40K car not including the rebates. But I noticed in current posts on the "prices paid" Maxima forum, some have gotten $1000-$2000 under invoice in the last month. So am I missing something or is this how the Midwest is selling them these days?
  • midastouchmidastouch Member Posts: 5
    mdxfan3,

I live in Ohio and just leased a Maxima yesterday.

MSRP - $37,870
    Selling Price - $32,985
    Cap Cost Reduction(lease Incentives) - $2,000
    Net Selling Price $30,985
    Money Factor - .00047
    Residual - 52%
    39 Month Lease/12k per year
    Monthly Lease Payment - $375.00 including tax
    Paid $375 at signing(first month payment)
    Midastouch,

Thanks so much for the helpful info! That's exactly the kind of deal I was looking for. Would you mind sharing the dealership's name and salesman's initials? I'm just outside Chicago. Ohio is a bit of a hike, but to save an extra $2K, I could see doing it. And who doesn't love a Saturday road trip after all? :)

Or if you'd prefer, you can email me directly at: key002 at gmail dot com.

Even if you don't, you've given me hope. Thanks Midas!
  • bballa21bballa21 Member Posts: 4
    These are the numbers I received from my local dealership..

MSRP 39,5XX
    I receieved no selling price
    I have a trade in that they would value at $3,000 that covers taxes and fees
    $410 a month
    He told me that they could not issue the Residual Value which I know is bull.
    $500 Deposit
    15k MIles
    You're welcome, fsrtwo. At lease signing most banks charge vehicles' first month's payments, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, and a bank or acquisition fee. I believe that NMAC is currently waiving its security deposit requirement on leases of this model. Its acquisition fee is $595.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, bearstearns1.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Maxima SV with the Premium Package and 12,000 miles per year are .00047 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

NMAC charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
    They want you to put a little money down because the dealer has to spend time and money to swap for the exact car that you want for you. Suppose that they jumped through all sorts of hoops to get your car and then you backed out of the deal. Deposits on swaps are a fairly normal request.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings mdxfan3. Here you go.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Maxima 3.5 SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00047 and 52%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Nissan is currently providing $500 bonus cash on this car that you should make sure to take into account during your negotiations. It has another $1,000 cash incentive on leases on top of that in certain areas. I can tell you if this additional cash is available in your area if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
  • azax456azax456 Member Posts: 27
    Just got a Maxima SV w/ Sport and Tech

MSRP 39,6XX, over 40K with dealer add on's
    39 month, 12K
    Top tier credit
    Not a SINGLE penny down
    All taxes (9.1%), fee's rolled in
    $440 month
    Congratulations on getting your new Maxima, azax456. Great car. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • almbflalmbfl Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man,

Can you please share the Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Maxima 3.5 S with 12,000 miles per year. Also, is Nissan currently providing any incentives in South Florida?

Thanks in advance.
    Hello almbfl.

NMAC's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Maxima S with 12,000 miles per year are .00093 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 bonus cash and $1,000 lease cash that are currently available on leases of it in Florida.

Car_man
    Host
  • carzcarz Member Posts: 26
    Nemet, see Brian D, I just got a Silver SV from him.
    It is true, there was in July a $3000.00 lease rebate. It may still be available. I got my SV lease in July for $331.00 + $500.00 down, 39 months, 12,000 mi, all taxes and fees included in the payment. The car is equipped with:

Monitor Pkg
    Cold Pkg
    Spoiler
    Mats
    Mud Flaps
  • r_sankar_sanka Member Posts: 3
    Car_man

What are your thoughts about this deal? I’m trying to make heads or tails of it but the terms are a little different than what everyone else is posting… not to mention the payment. I did have some negative equity so that might explain the payment. Did I get taken?

2010 Maxima – MSRP $37,850
    Tech Pkg
    Monitor Pkg
    Cold Pkg
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats
    HID Headlights

Gross Capital Cost - $40,311
    Capital Cost Reduction - $1,468
    Adjusted Capital Cost - $39,437
    Residual - $19,303
    Rent Charge - $1,076 (??)
    39 Month Lease/15k per year
    Paid $478 at signing (Excellent credit)
    Trade in (08 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS – (owe $18,000, they said they would give me $12,000)

Monthly Lease Payment - $576 (including tax)
    :shades:
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited August 2010
    r sanka,

I'm obviously not Car_man but let me throw in my two cents. It's hard to say whether you got taken or not because you didn't provide enough information. The two most important items in any lease transaction are the selling price and cost of money (money factor/interest rate). The payment of $576, including tax, doesn't help at all unless you disclose your state and sales tax rate.

Have you signed a lease agreement? If so, do you have a copy? If the answer to both questions is yes, then all relevant numbers (except money factor and residual factor) should be disclosed. If no lease agreement exists, then I suggest that you ask the dealer for a copy of their LEASE WORKSHEET. This is a computer generated document that discloses all pertinent information including all items listed below. The beauty of this document is that it never lies.

Ball park or rounded numbers don''t cut it. Every number disclosed must be to the penny. For example, is your payment exactly 576.00 or is it 575.91 or 575.72 or ... ??? ... Every lease has the following components. It would be helpful if you could fill in the blanks with exact numbers.

MSRP........................................................ 37,850.00

Sell Price................................................... _________

Amounts Financed
    Negative Equity.......................................... 6,000.00 ? (18,000.00 - 12,000.00)
    Anything Else?.......................................... __________

Gross Cap.................................................. 40,311.00
    Cap Reduction............................................ 1,468.00
    *Adjusted Cap............................................. 38,843.00 (Something is wrong- see below)

Residual Factor.......................................... 51% ???
    Residual Value........................................... 19,303.00 Is this exact???

Money Factor............................................. ________
    Term.......................................................... 39

Monthly Payment with or without out Tax..... _________
    Sales Tax Rate.......................................... _________
    State........................................................ _________

You also need to itemize all items paid at lease signing. Acquisition fee? Doc fee? DMV fee? Are these paid at lease signing or are they financed in the lease? How could you pay only $478 at signing IF your monthly payment is $576?

* You've indicated the following...

Gross Cap.................................................. 40,311.00
    Cap Reduction............................................ 1,468.00
    Adjusted Cap.............................................. 38,843.00

Gross Cap - Cap Reduction = Adjusted Cap

40,311.00 - 1,468.00 = 38,843 not 39,437.00 What's going on?

A NOTE ON CAP REDUCTIONS...

I do not advise making a cash down payment (i.e., cash cap reduction). A car is a depreciating asset and is purchased for consumption; and so, it's an expense and not an investment. No savvy investor would ever invest in stock that they know will depreciate or lose value over time. Also, if the vehicle is lost or stolen and never recovered, the insurance carrier will only pay ACV (actual cash value or est. market value). If your lease balance exceeds the ACV (called the GAP), your GAP protection will cover the difference. This GAP narrows the larger the down payment. Large down payments can cause the ACV to exceed the lease balance (negative GAP). In such cases, you necessarily risk losing part or all of your cap reduction if your car is totaled or stolen but never recovered.

A NOTE ON MONEY FACTORS...

With excellent credit, you should get the money factor with 0% reserves which means zero dealer financing profit. It's the lowest money factor that a fund providers offers to those with outstanding credit.

Hope this helps.

John
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    I think most people's opinion on this deal is going to be he same. Don't roll $6,000 of negative equity into a new car. Hold on to your current car for a couple of more years.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    edited August 2010
    John a.k.a delta,

Thanks for the reply… your post was very helpful!!

This is my first time leasing, I’ve always bought in the past instead of doing the lease thing. Since I’m new to leasing I did my homework and searched the internet, but when it came down to talk numbers the dealer started throwing out terminology that I wasn’t familiar with and the numbers to me don’t add up. When they go over the numbers it makes sense and of course they add up.

I 100% agree that I shouldn’t roll $6k negative equity into the deal but… with a growing family the two-door convertible wasn’t a great option and we figured in 39 months when the lease was up we can walk away and not have any negative equity towards the purchase of our next car and have the four-door family car in the mean time. They said they couldn’t show negative equity on the lease so they would pay off the trade without discounting the Maxima.

The numbers in the previous post are the numbers and terminology from the lease agreement. To my understanding ‘Adjusted Capital Cost’ is the same as ‘Sell Price’. They never mentioned ‘money factor/interest rate’ and the payment of $576.51 is based on $543.88 (base monthly payment) + $32.63 (tax). I’m located in Pensacola, FL and the tax rate is 6.5%.

How do you figure out the ‘money factor/interest rate’??

According to the lease agreement, the $2,000 rebate and the $478 I paid went for the registration fees, first month’s payment and towards the negative equity from the trade in.

I typed the wrong number last night for the Gross Capital Cost, it should be $40,906.65 not $40,311.65 (Agreed Vehicle Value).

Numbers according to the lease agreement:
    Gross Capital Cost - $40,906.65
    Capital Cost Reduction - $1,468.68
    Adjusted Capital Cost - $39,437.97
    Residual Value - $19,303.50

Does it make sense now??

I appreciate you take the time and explaining the numbers!

Thanks,
    Ron
    edited August 2010
    Hi Ron,

With $6,000 worth of negative equity I was wondering why you just didn't "hang-in" a while longer but figured you had your reasons which are generally personal in nature.

You made the statement....

"To my understanding ‘Adjusted Capital Cost’ is the same as ‘Sell Price’."

There are four basic lease formulas...

(1) Selling Price + Amounts Capitalized (financed) = Gross Cap
    (2) Gross Cap - Cap Reduction = Adjusted Cap
    (3) Residual Value = Residual Factor x MSRP
    (4) P = F x (C + R) + (C - R)/N
    P = Base Monthly Payment
    F = Money Factor
    C = Adjusted Cap
    R = Residual Value
    N = Term

Just plug in the numbers for any 4 of the 5 variables and solve for the remaining one. Using some algebra, we can solve for the money factor, F, as follows...

F = [P - (C - R)/N] / (C + R)

Substituting all known values, we get F = 0.00047. Not bad! This equates to an interest rate of about 1.128% (24 x 0.00047) suggesting that it (money factor), in all likelihood, reflects the buy rate which is the fund provider's lowest rate offered to those with excellent credit. So, I'm comfortable with that.

Now, let's try to fill in some of the blanks from my previous post...

Sell Price (S)............................................. _________ ???

Amounts Financed

????????????.......................................... __________ ???

Gross Cap.................................................. 40,906.65
    Cap Reduction............................................ 1,468.68
    *Adjusted Cap............................................. 39,437.97

Residual Factor.......................................... 51%
    Residual Value........................................... 19,303.50

Money Factor............................................. 0.00047

Base Monthly Payment (pre-tax).................. 543.88
    Fla Sales Tax Rate..................................... 6.5% should be 6.00% ???
    Monthly Lease Payment............................. 576.51 (This is based on 6.00%)

As you can see, the most important item is still missing, namely, selling price. This is identified in the lease agreement as the "Agreed Upon Value". If they didn't discount the vehicle, then the selling price must be at least equal to the MSRP of 37,850. So, the strongest statement that I can make, regarding selling price, is that it must be somewhere between 37,850 and 40,906.65 inclusive.

Your statement...

"According to the lease agreement, the $2,000 rebate and the $478 I paid went for the registration fees, first month’s payment and towards the negative equity from the trade in."

begs a lot of questions. For instance, what happened to the remaining negative equity and exactly how much is it? What are the DMV/registration fees? How much was the doc fee and acquisition fee and how were they paid; upfront or rolled into the lease? You still need to itemize all items paid at lease signing as well as all items capitalized and account for every penny. Your lease agreement should clearly show all of these items and how they were paid.

Although we've made some progress, there still remains unanswered questions. Until those questions are answered, I can't determine whether or not you got a good deal.

John
    John,

They didn’t give me the final numbers for my trade-in. At first they said I had about $6k in negative equity but the payments were going to be around $675 per/m with $1,000 down on a ‘cloth’ Maxima with no packages. The next day they came back with a Maxima that was equipped like we wanted (the one we ended up getting). They said they would have to pay off my trade-in since they can’t show any negative equity on the lease. My pay off was $18,800… I looked up trade in value and it is about $14,000 while retail was about $15k. While shopping around most dealers were offering us wholesale $11k - $12k.

Here are some more numbers off the lease agreement.
    Capitalized Cost Reduction - $1,468.68
    First Month Payment - $576.51
    Registration Fees - $271
    Tax on Capitalized Cost Reduction - $88.12
    Sales Tax Paid in Advance - $5.19
    FL Fees - $68.50
    Total - $2,478 Due at signing ( - $2,000 for the rebate) = $478 down

The Agreed Upon Value - $40,311.65

Would ‘Total Gross Capitalized Cost’ be the same as amount financed? If so that is $40,906.65 (agreed upon value $40,311.65 + acquisition fee $595.00)

Does that help?

Thanks again for your time!

Ron
    edited August 2010
    Ron,

The dealer's claim that they can't show negative equity is hogwash. I can't stress enough that you must hold them accountable for every penny. Their Agreed Upon Value most likely includes negative equity. And so, you have no idea what the actual sell price or negative equity amounts to because I think you're taking the dealer at their word. The only thing you know is that the sell price plus negative equity = 40,311.85. You need to know both sell price and negative equity to the penny.You get those by relying on yourself; not the dealer.

You need to determine you loan payoff and the trade-in value of this vehicle. The difference is your net equity. DO NOT rely on the dealer to get the payoff. I always keep spreadsheets of my loans so I don't have to rely on anyone to tell me the loan payoff. You also need to research the selling price by checking Edmund's invoice pricing and incentives as well as overstock at zag.com for competitive low pricing in your area. In the meantime, I'll make up a selling price of $34,000 for sake of argument. I'll also assume a trade value of $12,000 and a loan balance of $18,000 yielding a negative net equity position of $6,000.

Once you get exact info, you need to construct a one-page lease proposal similar to the one below. Otherwise, the dealer is going to continue to control the deal and you're going to continue to be in the fog.

So, here is a hypothetical lease proposal. Notice the flow and how it's constructed.

Sell Price (S)............................................. 34,000.00

Amounts Financed
    Negative Equity......................................... 6,000.00
    Acquisition Fee......................................... 595.00

Gross Cap.................................................. 40,595.00 Sell Price + Amounts Financed
    Cap Reduction............................................ 1,400.00
    Adjusted Cap.............................................. 39,195.00

Residual Factor.......................................... 51%
    Residual Value........................................... 19,303.50

Money Factor............................................. 0.00047

Base Monthly Payment (pre-tax).................. 537.53
    Fla Sales Tax Rate..................................... 6.00%
    Monthly Lease Payment............................. 569.78

Amounts Due at Lease Signing...

1st Month's Payment................................. 569.78
    Cash Cap Reduction..................................1,400.00
    Sales Tax @6.00% on $1,400 Cap Reduc... 84.00
    Registration Fee....................................... 271.00
    Fla Fees.................................................. 68.50
    Sales Tax @6.00% on $2,000 Rebate....... 120.00
    Cash Rebate Credit.................................. (2,000.00)

TOTAL DUE............................................ 513.28

Gross Cap is Sell Price + any amounts financed such as negative equity, acquisition fee, etc. The adjusted cap is the gross cap - cap reductions.

What is

"Sales Tax Paid in Advance - $5.19" ???

This makes no sense.

I never ever allow a dealer to "run numbers" or control the deal. I do the research and, then, email them a one-page lease proposal. I don't want them to give me numbers or show me their invoice because I couldn't care less as it's totally meaningless and most likely a bunch of horse dump. The only thing in my proposal that I'll likely need to negotiate is the sell price. I've got my spreadsheet fired up and ready to rock 'n roll. And, with just a few keystrokes, bing-bang-boom, Im done!

The biggest mistake that people make when leasing is that they allow the dealer to dictate terms and control the deal. By doing so, they're basically allowing the dealer to play offense which puts them on defense. You're not going to win a football game if the other team always has the ball. They have put you in the position of having to ask how they got this number or that number. And, that's how they nail you.

John
  • nojalopy1nojalopy1 Member Posts: 14
    Please share lease cash, bonus cash deals in Georgia.

Does anyone have experience with 20K/year leases? I have a dealer quoting a lower lease-end value for a 20k lease calculated as $0.15/mile for 16,250 miles ($2437.50) with 15K numbers for initial LEV. Seems I should take a 15K lease and pay over-mileage, since it will drop my lease pymt by having a higher LEV.
    Hi Car_Man,

Need to know whether $1000 lease cash is available in Georgia, in addition to $500 Bonus Cash.

From previous posts, I see that for 39 month, 15K miles on 3.5SV, money factor = 0.00047, 51%. Still accurate? Thank you
  • eagle40beagle40b Member Posts: 13
    CarMan, or anyone with insight-

My current Nissan lease is up in 4 months, and Nissan is offering current lessees the opportunity to turn in leases within 3 months of termination and not be responsible for the last 3 payments, so long as we get into another Nissan.

My question is: Do I jump on the incentives that Nissan's offering right now (a total of $3000 cash that expire at the end of August) and eat 1 payment or do I wait and hope that the incentives are either the same or better in September?

Is there any historical information that shows what month is better one way or the other? Is Nissan sitting on a lot of 2010 inventory (specifically of the Maxima) that they want sold?

Thanks!
    You won't get the full incentives on a lease. Depending on state, $500-$1500.

I've asked Car_Man for the total in Georgia, I think it's $1000.
    I took adavantage of this program. I got the $3000.00 lease incentive. I was able to get an 2010 SV for $331.00 p/m (taxes and fees included) with $500.00 down, 39 months 12,000 miles per year. I got the car in July. Here is some basic info the car:

Sticker $35,980
    Cold Pkg
    Monitor Pkg
    Spoiler
    Floor Mats
    Mud Flaps
  • eagle40beagle40b Member Posts: 13
    Carz, what was the Cap Cost (sell price) that you agreed upon? Also, do you remember what the residual value was and what the money factor was?

Thanks!
  • smartensmarten Member Posts: 2
    Went in to see about a lease on a 2010 Maxima. Loved the car. We wanted the SV with the premium package. They only had cars with premium and tech. We don't want nav but like the premium package. They tried to get us to take a car with the cold package and monitor. The interior is not as nice and some of the creature comforts we really like but they told us that most cars didn't come with the premium package w/o nav. I think it's probably not true but it probably is a very popular car and they don't have any left. The sales guy would not do a locate.
    After doing the math (would not answer my specific questions about residual and money factor they came up with monthly payments that were too high on both models.

I'm done with that dealer and moved on to another who will do a locate and tell me all of the numbers. They even told me on the phone what the final price could be which is very deeply discounted. Confirmed that the customer cash is $1750 but I saw another $500 on Edmunds. Wonder what that is? They haven't called me back yet. I imagine this car is hard to find.

So am I realistic to think that I could lease this car for 39 months for under $400 a month if I pay all fees up front like tax, bank and 1st?

I see some other folks have gotten pretty decent deals.

If not maybe this is just too much car for me. My calcs based on what I think the numbers could be come really close.

Thanks
    Susan
  • midastouchmidastouch Member Posts: 5
    You should be able to lease this car for under $400 with only the first payment due at signing. We bought this exact car at the end of July. See post #886.
  • smartensmarten Member Posts: 2
    Thanks midas-I guess the difference is NY and July vs August. That is a ton of cash off the msrp. That is exactly the deal I want however they made it impossible to do anything without answering my questions. Still haven't heard from the other dealer yet and of course they said that I would have to seal the deal by tomorrow. Well, I can't drop everything if they aren't getting back to me. I assume that if they still have the car Tuesday, they will have it Wed and if they want to get rid of it they will do what they have to do.

Thanks for confirming what my imaginary numbers said.
  • wiscottwiscott Member Posts: 1
    First time leaser & thank you all for your posts. I came across this site last night & read every post from the last couple months.
    Per your advise I got the dealer to give me a $4k check for my 02 passat trade - with the gap insurance included, why take on the risk of a big down payment right.
    Here are the terms:
    2010 premium pkg with technology & navi, mats & guards (paddle shifters & zenon came with it), bought 9750 extra miles for 18k/yr.
    MSRP $39,590
    Gross cap $35,663.50
    Cap reduction $2414.77 (told me there was a $2k rebate)
    Adj cap $33,248.73
    Cash our of pocket $850
    Residual $19,215.90
    MF .00047
    Term 39 mo
    Pmt $406.00
    Thanks again!
  • fsrtwofsrtwo Member Posts: 12
    Car Man

Are there any special lease incentives for Labor Day. I noticed dealers are advertising deals lower than August. Also, is .00047 and .52% still good for a 2010 SV for 15K/39 months. Any idea what the current lease incentive is?
  • beck2012beck2012 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I was wondering if people on this forum would be able to tell me if what I will be paying for my new Maxima is a "normal" payment. I will be leasing. It is clear to me also that after reading posts on this forum from various people there is tons more I need to learn. I go back to the dealership after work today to either accept the deal or not.

The car is a 2010 maxima sv with the sports pkg and the backup camera. I am putting $1,000 down. Here are the basics.

Payment Details
    Term: 39
    Base Payment: $350.53
    Purchase Option: $19,287
    MSRP: $37,230.00
    Miles : 15,000

I was just hoping I am not getting gouged as far as my lease. To me it seems like a pretty typical Maxima payment, but know people on this forum would know much better.

Thanks!
  • jgreenbergjgreenberg Member Posts: 35
    Carman,

Can you please tell me the money factor and residual for September for a Maxima SV for 39 months and 12K miles.

Jeff G.
    Car Man,

The delaer just emailed me the 2010 Maxima SV money factor of .00028 and residual of 51% for 39 month and 12K miles. Is this accurate based on your current info.

Jeff
    Just made what I believe to be the best deal available this weeken from DCH Nissan in New Jersey. Here is the deal:

2010 Maxima SV with (1)premium pkg, (2) Technology pacakage, (3) mats & (4)splash guards.

MSRP $39,590 (Invoice $36,099)
    Agreed upon selling price(gross cap): 35,724
    Following items added into CAP:
    Acquisition fee: $595
    Taxes: $1,188
    DMV fees: $274
    Doc Fee: $249
    Tire Fee: $7.50
    First Month: $420
    Rebate: ($2,500) - included $500 holiday bonus cash for labor day
    Adj cap $35,958
    "Sign and Drive" - Zero out of pocket
    Residual at 51%: $20,191
    MF .00028 ( .67%)
    Term 39 months, 12K miles per year (total miles for this lease 39,000)
    Pmt $420.00

Car man - I dont think I left much on the table at almost $380 under invoice. There must be some other hidden incentives the dealer is getting on the 2010 leftovers as I had two dealers willing to do it at this number this weekend only.

Jeff
    Hi nojalopy1. I love your username :).

Unfortunately, while the $1,000 cash incentive is available on leases in Florida I don't believe that it is available in Georgia.

There is $1,000 NMAC bonus cash in your area that is available on leases of the 2010 Maxima however.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi eagle40b. While it is impossible to tell exactly what an automaker's future incentives will look like, I personally would not be willing to eat a payment on current car to get into a new Maxima right now.

The beauty of the early termination program is that you have the luxury of getting into a new car any time in the fourth quarter.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome wiscott. You definitely made a wise move by having the dealer cut you a check for the equity that you had in your trade instead of using it as a capitalized cost reduction.

Congratulations on getting your new Maxima. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2010
    Hi fsrtwo. Nissan was providing an additional $500 bonus cash on select models, including the Maxima, for Labor Day. Unfortunately, the extra cash has expired.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a base 2010 Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00028 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

As far as cash incentives go, Nissan is currently providing $1,000 NMAC bonus cash on this car in all regions plus an additional $1,000 on leases in select regions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jeff. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

NMAC's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15k resids.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.