Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new car, Jeff. Nissan was providing an extra $500 cash incentive on the Maxima for Labor Day. That's why dealers wanted you to finalized your deal last weekend.

$380 under dealer invoice after the deduction of all the available cash incentives is a very good deal. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ahpillahpill Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at the Maxima SV with Sports package .... the dealer has the 2011 available and will locate a 2010 if I want ... now I'm trying to figure out which will end up as a better deal for me.

Does anyone (Car_man) know the October residuals, & money factors for a 12K lease on the 2010 vs 2011?

Also what are the current incentives/dealer cash (in New York)?

Thanks for much for all any/all info.
  • bneely1bneely1 Member Posts: 2
    Not sure where this question falls, but was hoping someone could answer.

I recently leased a 2010 Maxima and Nissan mistakenly put my name and info on the car title and sent it to me instead of NAC and keeping it.

Based on this being their mistake, and me having the title in my name, am I still obligated to pay the lease?

I'm sure it comes down to them having the signed paperwork saying it is a lease, but curious if I could perhaps work out free maintenance or incentive for me to cooperate with them in getting the title back.

Thanks in advance.
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    You are now technically the owner and have full liability of the amount owed. You might want to correct it quick.
  • bneely1bneely1 Member Posts: 2
    But if I already have the Title, doesn't that mean that I already "technically" paid the amount owed?
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    You know, you might be right. But still, you have an open loan that needs to be paid.
  • bmkjbmkj Member Posts: 22
    I am in the same boat. Trying to decide on 2010 vs 2011 for a SV with Premium and Tech. October residuals, money factors and incentives/cash for both 2010 and 2011 would be a great help. 12K per year lease.

Thanks
  • ahpillahpill Member Posts: 2
    bmkj,
    Went into a dealership near me the other day ... they had a limited stock of Maxima SVs - & did not have the '10 or '11 sport ...so ended up talking to them about the a base '11 SV that they had available (with monitor and cold weather package MSRP $35,730) - was told on the 12K lease the residual is 60% & the money factor was .00194. Their current leasing incentive on '11s is $1,000, and the impression I got was he still had another $1,000 in cash back on the '10s, but they didn't seem too into giving me info and numbers on cars they did not have ... was told the incentives are the same on SV base or sport ... but did not confirm if the rest of the numbers were the same

I realize not exactly on point but hope it gives you some idea of where the numbers are going.
  • bmkjbmkj Member Posts: 22
    Thanks.
    I have been dealing with salespeople on the phone and the difference for comparably equipped 2010 vs 2011 is anywhere from $10 to $80 per month depending on the dealer. Not sure who to believe, so trying to get real numbers to do my own calculations before making a final deal. More 2011's to pick from, but is it $10 more or $80 more? Big difference.
  • kem5882kem5882 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Can someone please provide me with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of the 2010 Maxima S and SV's? Also, what are the current cash incentives Nissan is offering in the Carolinas?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi ahpill. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Maxima SV Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00028 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00194 and 62%.

In the New York area, Nissan is currently providing a cash incentive of $1,000 on leases of the 2010 and 2011 Maxima through NMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, bmkj. NMAC's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Maxima SV Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00028 and 53%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00194 and 63%.

See my previous post for the information on the cash incentives. Nissan's cash varies by region, so if you're in a different state let me know and I'll tell you if it makes a difference in the program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello kem5882. NMAC's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Maxima S with 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 Maxima SV are .00028 and 50%.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that Nissan is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the Maxima in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • edcrewguyedcrewguy Member Posts: 5
    I've learned a lot from this forum, so I wanted to 'pay it forward' with my own experiences:
    I leased a 2011 Maxima 3.5 SV with monitor package, spoiler, and cold package in Smithtown, NY on October 15 2010. I had 5 remaining lease payments on my altima. I put $0 down and payments are $365/month (39 months). Dealer also threw in free oil changes for the first 30,000 miles of the car after I asked for it.
    Overall, I'm very happy with the deal. Hope this helps others!
  • soulchildsoulchild Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2010
    Car_man... could you possibly provide me the money factor, residual value, and incentives for a 2011 (and 2010) Maxima 3.5 SV with Sport, Monitor, & Technology Packages on a 36mos / 45k lease in New Jersey? Thank you.
    I'm glad that you've found this discussion to helpful, edcrewguy. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, soulchild. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2011 Maxima 3.5 SV Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00194 and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00028 and 51%.

When negotiating your deal on either of these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of them in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • angelmay321angelmay321 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    I was wondering if this is a good deal. I have been reading around but still not sure.

Lease 2011 Maxima S
    I have 8 payments left on an Altima they are taking over (comes out to around $1700)
    $3200 down total (taxes, fees, dmv, etc)
    15K miles/yr
    with rear spoiler
    $319/mo for 39 months

I appreciate any help on this. I received a great deal on my Altima but not sure about Maxima deals.

I'm in New York. Went to a couple of dealerships around Queens and Long Island. This was the cheapest price I received.
    Hi angelmay321. The easiest way to tell how good a deal you are getting on your Maxima is to look at its selling price in relation to its full MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • aces_fullaces_full Member Posts: 16
    Hey edcrewguy,

Thanks for the info on your deal. Was it for 12k mi/year? Also, did you do a real "sign and drive" meaning the up front costs were rolled into the payments? Sounds like a great deal if so.
  • themrodthemrod Member Posts: 3
    Car man,

I have been trying to lease a nissan maxima sv with sport pack and rear view camera for a while now, my situation is not the best because I currently owe $12,300 on my hyundai tiburon 2007 with 54k miles on it, and I have only been offered 8500 for my car. I have been at different dealerships here in tampa florida but all of them have given me different amounts for my payment... I have AAA insurance prefered pricing so I can get the price of the car down to $32,500 from $38k. The options I have chosen are Maxima 2011 SV sport package, monitor package, splash guards, floor mats. Exaxtly the same at the dealer's tag......the payments they all have given me are all ok n the high 500's but I dont wanna be above $450 on a 36 month lease with 15k miles per year.....I know all this is a dilema, but the worst part is that my friend just got a premium maxima, no trade in no money down same tier one credit for same typw of lease, for $475 per month and the car was more than my aaa price and my upsidedown car together....

Pleasd help me....I dont know what to do and I want to get a car before year ends...

Thank u
  • dabommadabomma Member Posts: 2
    Car_man - can you provide me the money factor, residual value, and incentives for a 2011 Maxima 3.5 SV with Premium Package on a 39mos / 52.5 lease in the Philadelphia PA area? Thanks!
  • edcrewguyedcrewguy Member Posts: 5
    Taxes on the car were NOT rolled into the payments. Up front costs (taxes/fees) came to $3500.
    Hi themrod. The $3,800 that you are upside down on your Tiburon puts you in a difficult situation. If I was in your shoes, I personally would either drive the Tib until I was less upside down on it or pay for the negative equity out of my own pocket and start by lease on my Maxima with a clean slate.

Nissan is currently providing a total of $1,500 in cash incentives on the 2011 Maxima in certain areas. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus all of the available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, dabomma.

NMAC's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Maxima 3.5 SV Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00028 and 50%, respectively.

In your area, Nissan is currently providing a total of $1,500 in cash incentives on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • easyrider08easyrider08 Member Posts: 10
    Just leased. Zero down. 365.00 month w/out taxes. Cold package, splash guards, 5 piece floor mat set. I'm in southern CA.
  • nattylifenattylife Member Posts: 7
    hey guys, this place has been extremely helpful in making leasing decisions. i was wondering if any1 can give me some advice. i got a quote for a 2011 Maxima 3.5SV with the sport/nav package(R01, U03).

12k miles, 36 month lease
    MSRP: 39090
    cap cost: 34033
    residual cost: 23364
    MF: 0.00175

for 3k down, monthly is $419.

is this a good deal?

does that sound like a good price?
  • themrodthemrod Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the response car man
    Hi nattylife. The money money factor that you were quoted is right in line with NMAC's buy rate for this model. That's a good thing.

Let's take a look at the other important factor...this car's selling price. This Maxima probably has a spread of around $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it and we're talking about a total of around $4,500 to play with during negotiations.

Assuming that the cap cost is before any down payment, you are being given a $5,000 discount on this car...which is a very good deal. If the money that you are putting down is being taken into account then you likely are paying several thousand dollars over invoice, which needless to say is not nearly as attractive.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum</i
    You're very welcome, themrod.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum</i
  • nattylifenattylife Member Posts: 7
    thanks so much car_man. from what i gather, the 3k down is after the cap cost but ill talk to them again to verify. i appreciate the advice!
  • angelmay321angelmay321 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your response. I ended going for that deal and I love my Maxima!
  • tclantontclanton Member Posts: 15
    Can I get the numbers for a 2011 3.5SV for 36 months @ 12k/yr? Also, do you know how much incentive money there is in NC?
  • tclantontclanton Member Posts: 15
    Can I also get the MF, residual and rebates for 15k/yr for 36 months?
  • rdel1rdel1 Member Posts: 21
    Looking to lease a 2011 Maxima SV, cold package, monitor package - Crimson Black with Charcoal interior.

Current deal on the table is zero down (all taxes, rebates title and fees included - $389 a month, 39K miles 3yrs, 3 months) - Bergen County NJ -

Is this the best possible deal for this car with those options?
    Edcrewguy

thanks much for your post. I am shopping for the identical car in NJ - crimson black with charcoal interior.

was that for 12 or 15K miles a year? did that number 365 a month include all fees, taxes, etc?
    Hi - Did this also include the monitor package?

I am in the process of leasing the SV with cold and monitor package along with a rear spoiler. 380 a month no money down includes taxes, DMV, bank fees, etc.

Bergen County NJ
    Yes, included the monitor package.... No spoiler tho :( We love the car.
    so how much did you put down (taxes, fees, etc....

my payment is set at 380 (up from 375 to accomodate the spoiler cost) nothing down other than the first payment so i have 38 left once i get the car.

39 months 39000 miles - crimson black, cold and monitor package with the spoiler. ( doubt it will have the splash guards and mats but who knows. He didnt have it on the lot he has to find it.

Supposedly i will ahve it tomorrow. - We will see. If so seems like I git a decent deal - total cost end of lease is 14,820.
    Zero down ! Nothing, noda...... first payment due dec 15.... Just drove it from LA to Vegas... lotsa power!
    seems like you got a great deal.... only difference is the spoiler which is like 400.00

All in all very happy with deal - now lets see if he delivers the car as promised tomorrow.

Thanks for the info

Cheers
    So the wife changed her mind - decided on a 2010 SV premium with tech package, fully loaded all options... 403 a month plus 1600down for taxes, title a 1 st month payment.

So total deal cost would be 16914 39 months 39000 miles

MSRP 39,000

seems most maximas with 39K miles 3 yrs old are selling for around 18 - 24K - so i think it seems like a decent deal

thoughts?
    Without all the numbers to calc your lease deal, it doesn't seem bad at all. I heard from quite a few dealerships before I closed my sale and your deal looks great in comparison. Bottom line is whether you're satisfied. Good luck.
    I tried to understand the lease factors such as MV and residual value.... but it seemed a bit complicated so i went with what others appear to be paying, hte Dealer vehicle cost and assumed total cost of the leas should not exceed the approx purchase value of the vehicle after three years.

so 39K dealer cost should be around 34 -35K assuming it depreciates in value by 50% over three years leaves 18 or 19K. A loaded 2007 with less options sells fo approx 19 - 22K

Not sure if that was the best way to figure out the deal but based on your research it seems I did ok.

thanks for responding. I pick the car up tomorrow and this is her second Maxima so i know she likes the car.
    You're very welcome, nattylife.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, angelmay321. The Maxima is a tremendous value. I'm glad that you like it so much.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, tclanton. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Maxima 3.5 SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 62%, respectively.

I believe that Nissan has a total of $1,500 in cash incentives on leases of this car in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    You certainly may, tclanton.

NMAC's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Maxima 3.5 SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 60%, respectively.

Again, in most areas there's a total of $1,500 in cash incentives on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man could you assist me with this deal or what the residual aAnd MF for 2010 would be?

Looking to lease a 2010 SV tech and premium package with floor mats, etc. MSRP 39590
    Negotiated price 34000

The business manager gave me a MF .00028 and a residual of 53%
    39 months 1000 mile per month.

first payment down leaving 38 payments
    425 a month all taxes & fees included

425*39 = 16,575 total cost of lease deal

Hoping to complete the transaction tomorrow.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    edited November 2010
    Price sounds good but I would avoid the 39month/39k mile BS Nissan tries to sell with their leases. Keep in mind, after 36 months, your out of warranty on a lease vehicle which God forbid something happens, your paying for repairs on a vehicle you don't even own. Second, the 3 extra months they like to tack on is going to cost you extra on registration. Here in NJ, where I am as well, you have to pay for 3 or 4 full years of registration. If you go the 39 month way, your paying for registration for 9 months on a vehicle you won't even have anymore if you decide to return it in at the end of the lease, if the buyout is fair mind you and in my case I got hosed in that regard so don't make the same mistake I did on a bad buyout b/c now I have to return the car. The buyout is just as important as the lease itself so make sure you negotiate on it or walk b/c its nice to have the option to buy the car at the end of the lease if you really liked and feel in love with it! I recommend doingonly 36 months and 12k (best option) or 15k if you know your going to put miles on the car.

This way, you only pay for registration for 3 years (only the time you have the car) and you won't be out of warranty on a lease vehicle which is in essence why you lease so that your always under warranty. Just keep in mind, that if you do put miles on the car and do the 15k a yr thing, after 36k miles you'll be out of warranty the other 9k miles your allowed and like I said before you never know when something could happen and when your out of warranty your responsible But if you know you need the extra mileage then its worth it. Luckily 12k a year was more then enough for my needs. I'd rather have the 15k for 36 months then the 12k for 39months

If you think about it, all the other mainstream companies do 36 month leases, Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, Subaru, Mazda, Hyundai, VW, etc. Nissan is the only one I know of that does the 39 month BS when they know their warranty is only for 36 just like the other manufacturers, well except Hyundai. Only time 39, 42, or 48 month leases are okay are on the luxury company vehicles since their warranties go for that long!
This discussion has been closed.