Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• ajs2002ajs2002 Member Posts: 1
    I’ve been looking at the Murano’s a lot on line. (I currently lease a Pathfinder.) What's a good deal or what should I expect to pay monthly for a Murano S AWD, 39 months, 15k a year with $1,500 down? I’m located in Massachusetts. Thanks for your help.
  • thenestcafethenestcafe Member Posts: 3
    Good point! time to negotiate for extended warranty! Thank you.
  • bmc2bmc2 Member Posts: 3
    Went shopping for a lease for the first time- usually buy cars

2009 Nissan Murano Sl Awd, Leather, DVD, Tech,and Premium

The deal was:

2,800-includes taxes, first payment, and bank fee
    450 a month for 39 months
    12,000 miles a year
    State- NY
    MSRP was never discussed

Is this a good deal? Not sure. Thanks for any help you can give.
  • mgc611mgc611 Member Posts: 2
    $429 a month with nothing down.

SL AWD with Leather package & Premium package
    12K a year
    Does that include the taxes?
  • mgc611mgc611 Member Posts: 2
    yes, it includes taxes.
    wow a lot better deal then I got.
  • tfcassidy803tfcassidy803 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man- do you have the resid and mf for may on the 09 Murano SL FWD with 12Kmi per year?

Thanks.
  • jamrimanjamriman Member Posts: 14
    Greetings,
    My lease is up in Sept. on my 06 murano. Car has 13K miles. Residual (payoff at end of lease) is $19K. Do you think NMAC will negotiate? Thanks
    I
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    They won't negotiate. Leasing mgr at my dealer said that no matter what the auction prices are they will require you to pay the residual. Your murano with 13k will sell fast at a premium. The residual is too high justifying your purchase. Just turn it in and go.
    Thanks Jayrider, so your saying even though it has low miles for an 06, its still not worth $19K? Many thanks!
    It may be worth 19k retail or more but since the residual was high on the muranos you would have been better off purchasing it instead of leasing.What was your original purchase price? Add all your lease payments together and add it to 19k plus sales tax twice and see what you actually will pay for the truck. The auction prices may be 14k and if you could buy it for that then great. Nissan will make money on your low mileage car.Lease another new one -- extra savings if you re-lease.
    I see your point. Better off putting that 19K towards another car or lease. Many thanks for your advice!!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello garymor. Here's the info that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Murano S FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 54%, respectively.

Nissan is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car in select regions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi thenestcafe. Do you know the MSRP and selling price of this vehicle? I ask because these are very important numbers to find out when leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let me know what they are and I'll be happy to tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • indianriver13indianriver13 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman:

My Murano 2006 lease is coming to an end on July 15. Due to unforeseen special circumstances, I am over the mileage limit by approx. 26,000 miles (0.20 cents for mile, approx $5,000) These same circumstances make my husband and I impossible to pay for this right now. Will Nissan Motor Acceptance work with us on this, like giving me a new loan for this amount? By the way, my credit that was great when I bought it, is terrible now.
    Of course I will return the car.

Please help!!!! :cry:
    Hi indianriver13. I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation. It is tough to say whether NMAC will be willing to work with you. Your best bet is to call then directly and see what they say. I would not be surprised at all if they allowed you to pay off the $5,000 a little at a time in some sort of installment plan, but I don't know that they will be willing to do this for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • mshalo18mshalo18 Member Posts: 4
    My lease on my 2006 Murano is up in December. I would like to lease a new Murano within the next 3 months. Has anybody tried to this lately? Am I wasting my time even trying at this point in time? Any suggestions are appreciated.
  • indianriver13indianriver13 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman!!!

I called NMAC following your advice. Their policy is after returning the car I have 120 days to pay for miles, damages, etc. After this time the balance goes to collection with no chance of instalments. They wont help in any other way. :mad:

I hope this information is helpful to others in similar situations.

Thanks for your advice, at least now I know what it is going to happen.
  • eardoceardoc Member Posts: 4
    Leased a 09 Murano - when signing the lease noted a disposition fee of $395 if car not purchased at end of lease. Never seen this before(have leased 3 Nissans and 1 Infiniti before). Was never informed abouth this by the salesperson(who actually told us he did not know about it himself - poor salesmanship or just a scam?).
    Comments please
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,098
    Disposition fees have pretty much become the norm for most leasing companies the last few years.. Some captive finance companies have had them for a long time (BMWFS, for example), but it seems they are all jumping on the bandwagon..

Like the acquisition fee, it's generally non-negotiable..

I'm not surprised your salesperson didn't know about it.. especially, if the change is recent for Nissan..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• petrus36petrus36 Member Posts: 20
    I got 09 SL AWD with leather package, premium package, panoramic roof, tech package, 39 months, 15k/year, $2,000 total drive off for $429 including tax in N.H.
    Hey indianriver13. Sorry that NMAC wasn't willing to do more for you. Thanks for taking the time to report back and let everyone know how everything turned out.

Car_man
    Host
  • dsn187dsn187 Member Posts: 1
    I currently am leasing a 2007 Maxima SE with 19,500 miles. I have a 39 month lease and have 15 months remaining. My residual amount is 14, 487 and my payoff is 22,450 - my current payments are 544 a month (a high payment because I traded in a car that I owed money on). I do have a dent in the bumper - very easy to fix (no paint damage - will just need the bumper taken off and it pused back out) Anyway, is it possible to get out of the lease early and get a lower payment? I'm looking to lease a 2009 Murano - open to options. Should I just hold on to it until the lease is up?
    Any advice would be great.
  • basslerbassler Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at 2009 AWD LE fully loaded but no DVD or Nav.
    I have been give a price of $36,000 and a lease of 39 months 12,000 miles a year.
    I would put 0 down and pay $599 a month including tax in the Orlando FL market.
    Do you think I could do any better?
    Easy decision -- wait. Used car values are rocketing. You may actually have some trade in equity when you get a new one.What is the buy out listed on your lease contract?
  • geenicegeenice Member Posts: 2
    I am coming to the end of my lease on a 2006 Murano S and plan on entering into a new lease for either an S AWD or SL AWD within the next 6 weeks. Can someone provide me with some ballpark figures as to decent monthly payments in NJ, assuming $0 down (other than required payments, such as 1st month payment, registration, etc.)? Thanks in advance.
  • aznightshadeaznightshade Member Posts: 4
    Hello everybody! :)

I have 2007 Murano SL (leather, dual zone a/c, sunroof) w 11,150 miles and $0.00 total damage assessed by AiM =Alliance Inspection Management. My Payoff quote is $21,323. I’m planning to lease 09 Murano for 3 years by the end of this month.

Do I have more negotiating power when I return a car like this to the dealership I will be leasing a new one from or they don’t really care? Thank you!
  • soylentgreensoylentgreen Member Posts: 62
    Only if the your car fetches MORE than you're payoff (residual value) that the leasing company has set initially. If you do get some equity out of it (which I highly doubt you will in leases), you can use that towards your new lease.
    Real world wholesale value on your car is several grand over 21k. If you go to a dealer now -- doesn't have to be nissan-- they may want your car bad enough to offer you more than the payoff. Sell it to them - payoff your lease and keep the difference toward a new whatever.You can sell it yourself and get 2-3 grand over 21k Trust me -- your murano with only 11500 miles will hit the used car lot for 27-28k and sell. That is a very hot suv. If you wait until lease end -- you are stuck and won't get a dime for your creampuff. Play one nissan dealer against another if you want another murano but don't wait -- get busy. Some might say I'm crazy but you can prove it one way or the other by shopping it around. Good luck.
  • whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    I like my 2006 SL AWD Merlot Murano w/leather, sunroof, XM radio, heated seats etc. I lease it for $399 for 39 months and it's ending in October. I have 22,000 miles. It has no damage other than a few tiny stone chips in hood edge. I worked the lease based on a price of about $200 over invoice. I think the sticker was around 35,000 and my price was around 32,500 (not sure at the moment). The residual was around 50%, the residual I remember is 16,900, so that is my buyout correct? (plus NJ tax). It seems like a good deal to me to buy it since I am still happy with it and am not wanting to lock into another lease because in 3 years I may not be ready to keep paying...

Looked up values on Edmunds and they show a trade in of 20,600, private of 22,800 and retail of 24,777. I don't think I can buy a good used car for less than 16,900. It would seem I could buy it out, then trade it in, and I'd do better than if I just turned it in. Is that possible?

Realized I threw a lot at you all, just wanted to see what everybody thinks about my situation.

Still think I'll just keep it, but always thinking and wondering.......
    I am an idiot....my buyout is 19,000. The msrp was 36685 inc destination and my agreed upon value was 32638. payments of $391. I stupidly gave them $2000 down for first monthly payment, reg + doc fee and capitalized cost reduction ($1100 of the 2000) Not sure how they ended up with $2000 from me....anyway. My buyout is still less than Edmunds shows for trade in. Don't know where else to invest my 19,000 (going to pay half and finance half). If I re-lease or buy new I'll have either 6 years of payments, or another 3 years of lease and be looking at another lease buyout dilemma. Have a son going into junior year of high school.........

Also considering the extended warranty, gold preferred for $972 through an online Nissan dealer. It's a Nissan warranty. I'm going to try to get my local dealer to price match. I don't trust that backup camera/radio/climate screen not to go out on me. I have 3 weeks to decide on the warranty, 3 months to decide on the car.
    Take your car all shined up and see what they will give you in trade after you negotiate the price. If you get 20-21k they will take it - contact nissan and you get a grand or two toward a new ride. 19k is way too much to pay for a car you leased. Add up all you put down and all the payments and then add 19k and see what you paid for the truck. That makes the most sense but do whatever -- its your $.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Wow that deal sucks! Have you even read any of the posts here?
    Did some math, does it make sense or is my logic wrong?

Lease payments totalled 16349 including 1100 cap cost reduction. The buyout is 20222 including sales tax, for total payment of 36569 if I buy it out. If I put 10k down to buy it out and finance the rest I'd pay another 1k in interest for total of 37569.

If I had bought it up front for 34597 (including sales tax) and put 10k down, I'd have paid an extra 2,000 in interest, or a total of 36597.

So, it seems to me I paid 1,000 more to lease it. I had thought it was 500 when I did the deal, but probably forgot tax. OR I was figuring that my 10k down payment was in the bank, hoping to earn interest--which it did for a while locked in a CD of at least 4%., and my payments were lower.

I just wanted to know if I figured that right. I was hoping I did well on my lease. I know it was a low money factor and a good sales price, so I hope I"m right. I was willing to spend that 500-1000 for the security of being able to walk away if i wanted to. In essence, I took a 3 year test drive, and I liked the car!

PS. Real interest amounts may be different, but I used the same rate for both scenarios.
  • mikereynomikereyno Member Posts: 8
    My wife just got a Marano S with Convenience Pacage, Floor Mats, and Splash Guards ( + Destination charge of 745) that had sticker of $29,535. We drove the vehicle away after paying a $403.69 first payment and now have 38 more payments of $403.69. We purchased just across the river in PA but were tied to the NJ taxes and fees that were included in the total lease.
    Can anyone confirm if the 2009 Muranos come with power adjustable pedals just like in the MY 06-07?
  • mikemartinmikemartin Member Posts: 205
    I've been through an education on the Murano the last couple of days as my wife wants one.

It's the worst time to buy one because prices are high and dealers aren't budging that much because Nissan literally shut down production since last year (not totally, but more than 60% offline). The even bought out employees at their plant in Georgia that worked on the truck & suv lines, as demand for larger vehicles had sunk dramatically, and they wanted to focus on smaller cars.

So, dealers wanted more Muranos not because demand was so strong, but because they shut production down so dramatically (there was still some Murano demand, obviously). I was specifically told some dealers had not received any Muranos in the last two months - not one.

They are now ramping production of the Murano way up again. I was also specifically told there will be a large allotment of Muranos shipped at the end of July. I can see paying way more now than in a few months, further exacerbating the depreciation. Ughhh.

My wife wants a Murano at the worst possible time. I'm trying to steer her to well-stocked competing vehicles.

Wish me luck.
    Hi dsn187. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi aznightshade. Unfortunately, the fact that your current Murano is under its allowed mileage and in good condition probably will not help you to get a better deal on your next vehicle. The only way that it would is if your truck is worth significantly more than its purchase option price at lease-end. That usually doesn't happen. If that is the case, see if you and the dealer can work something out.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new Murano, mikereyno. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Real world examples like this are always helpful for others who are in the market for similar vehicles. If you haven't already, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • tspaventatspaventa Member Posts: 18
    My 09 does not have the power adjustable peddles like my 2006 did. I can't say I even miss it. My LE still has all the power seat adjustments and two separate modes (two people can save their own settings).
  • rockernjrockernj Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have accurate info on the current breakdown of lease rates on a 2009 Murano SL AWD (Money Factor/Residual broken down by lease term)? Please factor for Nissan Tier 0 returning customer.
  • thenewlewthenewlew Member Posts: 10
    CarMan Where are You?

Do you have the August MF for a 2009 Murano SL FWD. Also, the residual for 36 months and 15,000 miles/year?
    If anybody has this it would be very helpful. Thanks :confuse:
  • thenewlewthenewlew Member Posts: 10
    SL FWD = 36 months at 49% / .00270 MF (for 15,000 miles)

S AWD = 36 months at 54% / .00164 MF (for 15,000 miles)

In California.

Do these seem acurate? And if so, why the big difference, my wife really wants leather and I can't believe the difference I will end up paying. Should I wait a month or two??

Please help.
    .00270 MF = 6.48%! That MF is high! With a 49% resid on the SL, I'd be better off on the S.
    Hello rockernj. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 53%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm here, thenewlew. I just went away on vacation for a little while and I'm catching up. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Murano SL FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey thenewlew. The information that you posted is not correct. Please see my previous post for the latest lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • brit67brit67 Member Posts: 18
    Car Man,
    What are the money factor and residuals for 2009 Murano LE AWD for a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles/yr. What would the factors be for a 48 month lease.
This discussion has been closed.