Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited January 2014 in Nissan
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Nissan Murano. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• igorkigork Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman. I got a deal on a lease, could you tell me if I get a fair price.
    Murano S AWD + Conv pack.
    MSRP $30600
    Selling $27168
    Monthly payment came out to $288 + Tax, 42 month, 12000
    The following I have to pay at inception:
    1st month payment, tax, $300 security deposit, $550 Bank Fee, O down
    I do not know how much is money factor but residual is %59
    Also could you tell me how much disposition fee should be.
    Does it make any difference that lease is not from Nissan Finance but from some independent company.
    Sorry is too many questions, thanks in advance.
  • ozzynycozzynyc Member Posts: 31
    Carman,

I've received this quote from Nissan dealership in Brooklyn, NY. Pls let me know what you think about it. Murano 2005 SL AWD with Touring Package. 42 months, 0 down, 0 up-front, sign and drive $370+tax. One problem i am thinking about is the warranty periord. It's only for 36 months from Nissan. Does this mean i am screwed if it brakes after 36 months? This kills the deal. 36 months lease will be an extra $40 a month.

Please let me know ASAP, since i am anxious to get it soon before they run out. OR do you think i should wait for 2006 models? I still have 3 months left on my acura 2003 TL, but i am afraid that the new 2006 lease won't be as good and will cost me about $60 more a month (as per dealer). Thanks!

:confuse:
    Carman,

I've received this quote from Nissan dealership in Brooklyn, NY. Pls let me know what you think about it. Murano 2005 SL AWD with Touring Package. 42 months, 0 down, 0 up-front, sign and drive $370+tax, for 36 months it would be $410+tax. Howerver, i offered them $2K down and the payment for 36 months came down from $435 ($410 w/tax) to $379/tax incl. Do you think it's a great deal?

When are the 2006 coming in? I want to wait until end of October before i get this car, but afraid they will sell out. THX!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi igork. The selling price that you were quoted for the Murano that you are interested in looks reasonable to me. You may want to stop by the following discussion to compare your selling price to the prices that others have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Nissan Murano: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Using the prices that you provided in your post and Nissan's September lease program for this vehicle, I estimate that your 42 month, 12,000 miles per year zero down, pre-tax monthly payment for it should be around $276. I used a money factor of .00067 and a residual value of 55% to arrive at this payment. You mentioned that the lease that you were quoted is through an independent bank and not Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. By leasing through an independent bank, you are able to take advantage of the $500 customer cash that Nissan is currently offering on the '05 Murano. This incentive is not compatible with leases through NMAC. Adding the $500 back into the cap cost for the NMAC lease that I just calculated, I now come up with a payment of around $288 per month which is what you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello ozzynyc. If you are interested leasing a vehicle that comes with a 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty for 42 months, then you will have to pay for anything that breaks on it out of your own pocket for the least six months of your lease. If you do not have any broken items properly repaired, you may end up having to pay a penalty for excess wear and tear on your vehicle when you return it.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the truck that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the Murano that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

It is difficult to say what the lease program will be like on the 2006 Murano when it arrives. I suspect that it will initially cost more to lease than the 2005 model does right now, but I doubt that it will cost $60 per month more.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the info Car_man!

I've got some figures from the dealer. The invoice price for Murano SL AWD + Touring Package + destination is $32,345 (got that from edmunds.com). Dealer said that the money factor is 0.000131. The residual i was given is $20875 (weird that it had no %). So my payment will be $350 + NY tax = $379/month for 36 months with $2000 up front. Pls let me know if this is a good deal since the dealer mentioned that it's only a few hundred dollars above invoice.

Ozz
    Oh yeah....They also promissed to make one payment on my lease that is about to expire (another $400). I think it's too good to be true...
    No problem Ozz. A few hundred dollars over invoice is a good price for a Nissan Murano. The lease money factor that you were quoted for this car is a little high though. NMAC's buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2005 Murano SL AWD is currently only .00095. I still can't give you my opinion on this deal though without you telling me this vehicle's full MSRP and selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • cdr226cdr226 Member Posts: 2
    Can you please give me the formula for computing a lease? Thank you. :confuse:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    Hi cdr226,
    You can find that info right here:
    The Return of "How to Calculate Monthly Lease Payments"

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Hi Car_Man,

MSRP is $35,380. Dealer said the selling price is $32,500. He said no matter what the money factor we'll use, he won't sell this car for less than $350 a month (plus tax) with $2K down for 36 morhs. He got pretty pis*ed off when i called him the 4th time :), but so far that's the lowest anyone gave me by at least 60 dollars a months! Thanks!
  • dimarmassdimarmass Member Posts: 3
    Hello Everybody.

Nissan has promotional for lease Nissan Murano 2005
    $1999 money down
    and Lease for 42 month

for SL AWD + Touring package

We were looking some dealerships and had plan to put $5000 total down

We got month ago:
    Murano SL AWD

Touring package,
    VDC package - very important for me personally
    Navigation package w/assistant camera(Versant Technology Edition)
    Chrome Wheels
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    Splash Guards
    Sunroof Wind Deflector
    Roof Rack Crossbars
    Cargo Area Protector

MSRP price was $40.340

We got with $5320-including 1 month payment for $320 month tax included for 15000 miles/year
    In my understanding this best deal what I could get from MA dealers
  • jzcarr25jzcarr25 Member Posts: 26
    Can someone please post the Sept MF & Residuals for the Murano SL and SE. I am mostly interested in the MF & Residuals on 24-month leases. Thanks!
    Thanks for the additional information ozzynyc. OK, according to my calculations if you were to lease a 2005 Murano SL AWD with an MSRP $35,380 and a selling price of $32,500 through NMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $403.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you are looking for, jzcarr25. If you were to lease a 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00119 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2005 Murano SE AWD should be .00119 and 63%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jzcarr25jzcarr25 Member Posts: 26
  • lindaw2lindaw2 Member Posts: 12
    I just leased a 2005 Murano SL AWD with a selling price of $33,200 (It has touring package, a few miscellaneous add ons and XM satellite radio) for 42 months with 12,000 miles per year, zero down for $416/month including taxes. I looked at the lease calculator and it seems like I did ok. Just not sure about the "money factor" figure. How do you think i did as far as the monthly lease payment goes?

LindaW
    You're very welcome jzcarr25. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi LindaW. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this lease, but in order for me to do so it would be a big help if you were able to provide me with your Murano's full MSRP. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • kvaidkvaid Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

A local dealer (SF Bay Area) is quoting me invoice price for a 05 Murano (one of the last ones on their lot). Here are the options on the car:

MSRP Invoice
    SE FWD $29,600 $27,220
    SE Touring Package $4,250 $3,687
    Chrome Wheel Package $1,200 $878
    Dynamic Control Package $750 $651
    Roof Rail Crossbars $190 $146
    Splash Guards (set of 4) $110 $82
    Carpeted Floor Mats $90 $68
    Dest charge $580 $580
    =================================
    Total $36770 $33312

With all the above features and cap cost still at invoice, sounds like a sweet deal.

For a 36 mo /12000 miles lease, what residual should I assume for this? And what would be the current NMAC money factor? Lastly, what would the monthly payment come to with the numbers for given residual and MF? (assume no money down for simplicity)

Thanks,
    KV
    Hi car man, the MSRP on my Murano was $35,850. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks...
  • tsandovaltsandoval Member Posts: 7
    Interested in a new 2006 Murano, however we currently are on the 3rd year of a 4 year lease of a 3.5 Nissan Altima SE.

The car is worth about 4k more than the offical pay-off (verified NADA and Kelly BB).

So far - So good. We found someone interested in buying our Altima. We called Nissan Credit so we could pay off the vehicle and sell it to this private party then transfer title of the car to the new owner. Per my experience the private party would then pay the Colorado sales tax on that sale.

Unfortunately Nissan Credit told us we would have to complete the pay off with a Nissan Dealer. We called a Dealer, they told us we would need to pay them sales tax on the transaction (15,000 payoff 6.97% sales tax) plus they charge a $450 fee for the dealer to process the "paperwork". The dealer told us that the private party buyer would also have to pay sales tax on the transaction as well.

I don't understand why we need to pay the sales tax and or the fee. I have leased then bought and sold 2 Subarus vehicles in the past, never had this issue.

Please be careful when dealing with Nissan Leases, you could find yourself in a bad situation if you want to profit from the high resale value of your leased Nissan Vehicle.

Even the Tribeca Subaru is a bit underpowered, this leasing issue with Nissan Credit has convinced us to stay away from the Murano or any leased Nissan vehicle

Can someone explain this to me?

By the way no fees or tax are charged if we simply "give the car back to the dealer" and lease another Nissan. Then they get all of that residual profit when they put this car back on their used lot.

Thanks!
    Hi KV. Given the fact that Nissan is not currently providing any sort of cash incentives on leases of the 2005 Murano, if you are able to get one for dealer invoice you are getting a good deal. If you were to lease a 2005 Nissan Murano SE FWD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00095 and 54%, respectively. Using these figures, an MSRP of $36,770 and a selling price of $33,312, I estimate that this truck should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $425.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the additional information, lindaw2. OK, so you leased a 2005 Murano SL AWD with an MSRP of $35,850 and a selling price of $33,200. I don't know this model's exact full dealer invoice price, but I suspect that this is around $1,000 over invoice or so, which is a reasonable deal. Using these numbers, I estimate that this truck should have a 42 month, 12,000 miles per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $373. I arrived at this payment using the current October lease program, if you finalized your lease in September the program may have been different.

Car_man
    Host
  • tuttlettuttlet Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man
    What should I expect for a 05 Murano SE AWD with a MSRP of 36,040. Have not received a purchase price yet but would like to lease 39-42 month 15,000 mile term. At this point in the month, what should I call a deal?

Todd
    Thanks Car man. With tax that $373 payment would be about $400/month. I'm at $416...so I'm pretty happy with our deal :-)

Linda
  • cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40
    Car_man,

The 42 month lease of LindaW looks pretty good. What is the residial and money factor for a 42 month lease for an SL AWD w/ touring. Are the rates any different for the base S AWD?

Thanks.

Chris
  • nissanrocksnissanrocks Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

Just curious - for a 2005 Murano SL AWD with an MSRP of 36,500, what kind of lease should I expect on a 36 month, 15k miles, $1000 down lease using VPP pricing? I believe that VPP selling price should end up right around/just under invoice. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

RG
    RG-

I leased a Murano today from Rosenthal Nissan in McLean, VA. Mine had an MSRP of $35,660 (base ($32,250) + touring ($4,550) + floor mats ($90) + splash guards ($110) + cargo area protector ($80)). I ended up getting the thing for $31,985, which is below invoice and better than you will do with VPP. I owe it all to Car_man and LindaW. I printed out their exchange in this forum and handed it to the dealer and said, "LindaW got this deal and I want it too." LindaW's "deal" was a zero-down 42 month/42,000 mile lease for approx $375 per month pre-tax. Mine is at $377 per month and I paid only sales tax and the first monthly payment. I am not sure what the published Nissan Motor Acceptance rates are for October, but they used a 42/42 residual of 53% and a money factor of .00082. I am sure that I will find out that they marked up the money factor on me, but I am pretty happy with the deal and I am not going to worry about. I looked at other SUVs in the same price range and I think I found the best deal in the month of October. A comparably equipped Highlander was $100/month more (mf = .00204). An 06 Pilot can probably be had for $375/month, but by comparison to the Murano seemed to be much less of a vehicle. I must also say that I was impressed with the guys at Rosenthal. If anyone in the DC metro area is looking for a Nissan, I suggest checking them out.
    Forgot to mention that I leased a 2005 SL AWD.
  • nissanrocksnissanrocks Member Posts: 2
    I believe that the Oct NMAC VPP residual on a 39 month, 15k Murano SL AWD is 54% and the money factor is 0.00074.

Unfortunately in IL Sales Tax is by law applicable on the entire selling price for a lease, plus there is a 2% Use Tax for those in Chicago, so as far as the tax goes, pretty much screwed! :cry:
  • sbuvelsbuvel Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2005 SL AWD, Touring Package+ w. MSRP of $35,940. Went to 3 different dealerships in area to broker the best deal. All 3 dealerships used Nissan Money Factor = 0.00074 and residual value of 54%. Negotiated purchase price of $31,580 (2nd best offer was $31,900), 39 months, 15K. I did have a trade-in of $2500 (a great deal b/c my car had 150k miles and was in need of serious service -- I was happy to unload it) so my monthly was brought down to $338/mo. All 3 dealerships were in southern New Jersey. Due to the trade-in, my numbers are skewed compared to others on this forum, but I still think I got a great deal and want to thank the people who have posted.
    Hey there. I just read your post. Glad carman and I helped you out with your Murano deal! lol. Like you, I paid only my first monthly payment up front. You did great! Enjoy your new car. I love mine so far.

LindaW
    Hello Todd. I am not sure what the market is like for the Nissan Murano in your area right now. You may be able to get a good idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck by visiting the following discussion: al63017, "Nissan Murano: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 26 Jan 2003 7:21 am. As far as the lease program for this model goes, if you were to lease a 2005 Murano SE AWD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00059 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease should be .00067 and 51%. You can used this information, along with the selling price that you find out to calculate an approximate lease payment for the vehicle that you are interested in. I can calculate a lease payment for you to as long as you give me the selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome Linda. Enjoy your Murano.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Chris. If you were to lease a 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00067 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '05 Murano S AWD should be .00067 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nissanrocks. It would be a big help if you told me what the exact VPP price is for the exact model that you want as you want it equipped. Once I have this number I can tell you what sort of lease payment you can expect to pay.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow, cagorm, congratulations on getting your Murano for below invoice. That is a heck of a good deal. Enjoy and thanks for taking the time to come back and let us all know how everything turned out.

Car_man
    Host
  • urburb Member Posts: 17
    I am looking at leasing a 2005 Murano S AWD + conv. package (MSRP $30,600). The initial price offered is $28,300 a little over invoice. Before I go back, I am trying to figure out what areas I can negotiate, like the fees associated with a lease (Acq., Doc., etc.). Are any of these negotiable? What has been your experience?

Urb
  • jasonp1jasonp1 Member Posts: 1
    I am thinking of leasing a 2005 Murano SL AWD and here is the deal I have been offered:

MSRP - 35,940
    Sale - 32,361

3500 down
    39 months/12k miles/$343 a month.

Is this a good deal? Thanks for any insight.
  • timmyrich1timmyrich1 Member Posts: 2
    I currently have the following deal on the table, but have not accepted yet: 2005 Murano SE AWD with Touring Package

MSRP - 36,500
    Sale - 34,500

2500 Down
    42 mo/15k miles/$400 a month

I'm also wondering if this is a good deal and wondering what the dealer is doing with the MF and Residual value? Does anyone else kno MF and RV% on this model in November? Thanks!
  • nj80nj80 Member Posts: 1
    hi car_man

looked @ 05 Murano SL AWD

MSRP 40210
    nissan lease 1999 down
    42mos/12K miles/398 mo.

is this deal ok? any help is greatly appreciated!!! :)
  • jbuchs1jbuchs1 Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man,

I wanted to check and see if I got a good deal on a Murano lease. It is an SL AWD, MSRP = 35,680. The lease is for 42 months/17K miles a year. I going to put $4,000 down ($2500 towards cost reduction; $1500 to cover initial costs, registration, first month etc.). I will be paying $360/month. How does it sound? Thanks.

Jason
    car_man,

The $360/month I gave in my last post includes all taxes.
    Hi Urb. A little over dealer invoice is an excellent price for a leased Nissan Murano. The only other item that is sort of negotiable with your lease will be its money factor. I say sort of negotiable because dealers do not have the authority to lower banks' published lease money factors, however they are often allowed to mark them up to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. If you let me know how long you are interested in leasing your Murano for I would be more than happy to tell you exactly what its money factor should be right now. The other fees that are normally associated with leases, like the security deposit and acquisition fee are not negotiable. You can usually have them waived in exchange for a slight increase in the money factor that is used to calculate your vehicle's lease payment though. The other fee that you mentioned, the doc fee, is not required and is completely up to the dealer that you are working with. Doc fees are really nothing more than a way for dealers to pad the profit of deals. Sure, there is some work involved in registering your vehicle for you and getting your plates, but many dealers charge doc fees that are just too high. You need to look at your deal on your Murano as a whole. If you feel as though they price that you are getting it for, including the doc fee, is less than or comparable to the price that you would have to pay at another dealer then don't worry about the fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello jasonp1. Assuming that the selling price that you mentioned is not after the deduction of your down payment, this is an excellent price for a Nissan Murano. The one thing about the deal that you mentioned that I don't like is the large down payment that you are making. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your Murano would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $3,500 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

I will estimate what this truck's lease payment should be for you using Nissan's current lease program and no down payment. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD with an MSRP of $35,940 and a selling price of $32,361 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $368.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings timmyrich1. Nissan's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month, 15,000 miles per year lease of a 2005 Murano SE AWD are .00050 and 51%, respectively. The selling price that you were quoted for this car is not as low as the ones mentioned in the previous two posts, but still reasonable at what I estimate to be around $500 over invoice. The one thing that I don't like about the deal is the $2,500 down payment that you are making on it. Take a look at my previous post for the reasons why I think it is not a good idea to make down payments on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nj80. You never mentioned the selling price of the Murano that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Jason. You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the Murano that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    The selling price on the Murano is 32K. What do you think about the lease deal: (summary - 42 months / 17K miles; 4K down; 360/month including taxes). The 4K down includes all of the initial start up fees(1500) . Thanks.

Jason
This discussion has been closed.