Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Since you live in nyc, compare murano leases at several nyc lease brokers who post on swapalease. If you search dealer only suv's all vehicles you will see a list of murano's and other comparable trucks. Scroll through and look for zero down options and call the dealers for quotes. When i get ready to turn mine in I am definitely going to give them a look. The deals are much better than local stuff -- not sure about the murano but audi/mercedes/lexus/acura are very competitive. 2010 lexus rx 350's look great. Check it out.
  • nickmaxnickmax Member Posts: 9
    I got exactly the same car on Long Island with $3,000 total out of pocket with 15,000 miles, $380 per month
    So zero out of pocket would have been 463 -- 36 or 39 months? My 09 sl awd roof leather premium was 480 36 month last year.
  • daz499daz499 Member Posts: 9
    What was the breakdown for that $3000 out of pocket? Can you explain how much was tax and what fees they charged.

Your numbers sound very nice.
  • coldharborcoldharbor Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

This is my first lease vehicle and the term is almost up, so I would like to get your advice on what to expect when I return the '06 Murano. First the bad: I can't locate my maintenance records so I am not sure how much of a problem I'll face trying to return the vehicle. Also, a small dent in the rear bumper and some minor scrapes on the body. On the plus side (for Nissan/dealer), the car runs well and I am probably going to be about 10K miles under the lease limit - I changed jobs, which negated the need to commute.

Any advice you can provide would be great appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Scott
    If youhad the oil changes done at a dealer it is available. Whereever you had the work done should provide you with info. Not a big issue -- the damage is. You will be responsible so get it fixed or they will charge you to fix it.
  • whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    Two questions, first is WILL they cut any slack due to the low mileage? Essentially he/she only used 2/3 of the lease, that should be worth something.

And the next question is SHOULD they? I think they should because the residuals and lease payments are calculated based on the expected mileage of the car at the end of lease term. I think leases should have something built in the same was excess miles are. It could be a small amount, but it would provide some incentive to turn it in, assuming that's what the dealers want. AND it should be credited against damages, though they''d probably look even harder for damage.

Low mileage is why I'm buying my car. I have only 25,000 on my 39 month lease. I am paying it out this week. If they offered cash for those unused miles I'd have considered buying new, but I didn't want to get into that runaround, so I didn't even ask. 19k fits my budget way better than 33k right now!
    If you are buying the murano then you don't need to do anything to the vehicle -- just pay the price and drive off. The low mileage won't help you at all -- the buyout is the buyout --nissan won't negotiate. The nice thing about buying the lease is that there are no issues with condition.
    Does anybody know the money factors and residuals for the month of October?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mgoldstein. Nissan may be running some sort of official early lease termination program on the Murano. If so and Nissan itself is waiving the final two monthly payments on your current vehicle to get you into something new, then there's nothing wrong with leasing a new vehicle a month or two early.

If on the other hand, Nissan is not running an official early termination program on this car and the dealer is absorbing the cost of your final two payments to get you into a new vehicle now then you would be better off waiting to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi whitall. Five years is the longest term that NMAC publishes residual values for. Its current 60-month residual for a 2009 Murano SL AWD is 35% for leases with 15,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi daz499. I've seen the info that you're looking for, but this vehicle's lease program varies by term, mileage allowance, and trim level. You never mentioned what any of these variables are, so I'm going to have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Nissan Murano S AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • wnukwnuk Member Posts: 40
    Just got this quote from a dealer on an 09 Murano S AWD.
    MSRP: 30940
    Sale Price: 29000
    Rebates: 1250
    Trade Allowance: 7700 (06 Dodge Grand Caravan, 63K miles)
    Balance owed: 8357
    Taxes of $1253
    Fees: $178
    Down Payment: $1000 (out of pocket)
    1st month payment due at signing

Dealer quoted money factor of .00164 and 16707 residual (same as car man quoted). His lease price for 39 months was quoted at $414.35

When I run these exact numbers through the lease calculator here at edmunds it gives me a payment of $370.75. A difference of $43.60 monthly or $1700 over the 39 months. Any explination or is he giving me a marked up deal somewhere? How do you present this to the dealr in a "tactful" way.

TIA
    Thanks Car_man,

I'm actually looking for the rates of an 09 Murano SL AWD 39 month lease, 12k miles a year.

Also you know how much total cash back is available? I know there is $750 but another dealer said Nissan came out with an additional $1250 over the weekend? This is for the northeast region, NY.
    Take your calculator and numbers to the dealer and sit down with the rep and do the lease. Then you can see why the numbers don't match. Easy.
    Update: Went back to the dealer with my calculations. The salesman looked confused at first so I sat with the finance manager to review their quote and my calculations. Their initital offer was $1000 down, my trade and a payment of $414.35 (see my last post for specifics).

After going over my numbers (finance manager offering no explination as to why they were different to begin with) he relented to $1000 down, my trade, and $377 per month. A difference of $37.35 per month or $1456.65 over the 39 month lease.

This is a 2009 Murano S with convenience package.

MSRP: $30940
    Selling Price: $19243 (This breaks down to $28493 selling price minus $8000 for trade minus $1250 in rebates.)
    Residual is $16708 and Money Factor is .00164

Add back in the buyout on my trade ($8357, net loss of $357 on trade) and $1000 due at signing. Nissan is charging a $595 origination fee for the lease which is included in the lease payment. All taxes and fees are included in the $377 payment also.

I did not commit to the deal yet but I think it is very good. I'm trying to decide between the Murano and a Traverse LT1. Two different vehicles, I know. Best lease deal on the Traverse so far is $443 with $1800 down for 39 months or $425 for 48 months.
    Hope this helps some of you. The value of doing the research and calculating the payment yourself is well worth the time to learn how to do.
    Most everyone who knows leasing would tell you to take the 8k trade as a cash check from the dealer and put it in the bank. Use it to supplement your higher monthly payments. This way you have no equity in the lease should the vehicle be totaled. If not -- make sure you have gap insurance to cover what you put down. I think nissan includes it in their leases.
    jayrider-you may have misunderstood. I still have a loan balance on my trade of $8357. I couldn't do what you suggested, thought I fully understood what you were getting at.
    Ok --- understood.
  • mikewebmikeweb Member Posts: 2
    I signed a deal last night and didn't notice the dealer stuck in a $395 disposition fee. When I went back they were closed. I haven't picked up the murano yet. Can I get them to take it off before delivery?
    By the way my deal was:
    2009 Murano sl awd, leather premium, 360 package.
    List $36,100
    3k at signing, $399 per month 39 months tax incl in NJ
    deal wasn't as good as my 06 with the money factor being the difference. Best was .00164
    Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,826
    Most leases now have disposition fees.. It is a requirement of the bank that writes the lease, and likely isn't a negotiable item with the dealer...

Until you actually take delivery, you can always stop the deal.. But, you aren't likely to get that item changed.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mikewebmikeweb Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I was curious. My credit score was 784 but when the dealer ran the money factor I saw he had me in a range of 700-739 with a money factor of .00164. he said the top two score levels got the same money factor. Don't they give a better credit score a lower money factor?
    Would I be able to do better than .00164 with a 784 credit score?
    Thanks
  • captain_ocaptain_o Member Posts: 1
    Can someone tell me if this is a decent deal in NYC.
    2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD 360 Package ( Lease )
    around $3,800 total out of pocket
    $409 a month
    39 month lease
    12k miles per yr.

The dealer was charging an 800 destination charge fee, is this fee normal?
    My understanding is that disposition fee is charged only at the end of the lease if you don't get another vehicle from nissan, at least thats what the finance guy told me. I don't know how that works if you choose to buy the vehicle at lease end.
    The $800 destination fee is normal. When you price the car, its already included as part of the MSRP.

What are the deatils of the deal? What was the MSRP and what was the selling price?

Here's what i ended up getting. Murano Sl With the usual Packages. MSRP $35,925

12k, 39months, $398 a month, $3300 total out of pocket. Now looking back, i could have done a little better on the monthly payment i think. Here's why. After looking over the lease i realized they capitalized the acquision fee so that adds a few dollars. In fact that changed the price of the car that we agreed on. This was our first lease so we learned a bit and next time will be more careful.

Make sure they give you the full rebate amount, right now it should be $1250.
  • mezztro113mezztro113 Member Posts: 11
    Received the following quote from a NJ dealership:

$2999 down
    $319/mo + tax
    39mo/12k

This seems to be in line with what I am seeing on this board. Any opinions?
    395 zero down plus tax. You want to roll the 3k into the lease. Tax too if possible. Didn't post your numbers but folks have been getting that payment for a loaded sl awd so I think you can do better. Tell the dealer you want an sl with leather - 360 pack- roof for that money -- see what happens.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    regarding your lease, you should never put extra money down on them to just lower your payment, remember you are just renting the Murano. The only money you should put down is tax's and fee's.
    flightnurse -- you busted my chops last year when I posted my lease deal with a bunch of money down. Rookie mistake -- see the light. The new meds help too. :)
    I want to get them down to $2000 out of pocket, $319/mo + tax. They have only sent internet quotes, so we haven't started to haggle the Sale Price at this point. Their quote at least gives me a starting point. I will ask them to add in incentive dollars to reduce the $3k, and also to reduce the Sale Price which will help reduce the out of pocket to stay in line with the $319.
  • mgoldsteinmgoldstein Member Posts: 58
    Can someone confirm the October lease rates (money factor, residual, etc.) for:

Murano SL AWD 360
    Murano LE AWD

I have been looking at 39 months, 12K per year.

Also, any idea if it would be better to wait for the November rates?

Finally, today I was told there is a $750 Nissan rebate available on the Murano leases.

Thanks.
    Signed a deal today for pickup Friday.

2009 S AWD w/convenience package
    $2500 Out of pocket
    $345/mo (NJ tax included)
    12k/yr
    36 or 39 month lease?
    39 months
    lPuts you out of warranty for 3 months. You can pay extra for coverage or pay a bit more per month for 36 months. See which is cheaper.
    Also on top of the $750, there is the tent sale which is another $500.
    What's the deal with NMAC? The residual factor on the LE is 4% LESS than on an SL. That means Nissan is making you pay the entire $3500 MSRP difference between the two (e.g. SL 360) in the lease. The lease end value on the two cars, despite an MSRP difference of $3500+, is virtually identical.

Any idea if this will change?

The LE residual factor basically makes the LE lease more expensive, or perhaps equal to, than an Acura MDX base.

I am conflicted on what to do. Running out of time and need to make a decision soon.

Mark G.

ALSO, ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH LEASE RATES AND REBATES IN NOVEMBER?
    Easy answer to your question. The LE's residual is lower because it depreciates more. Cold hard facts. If RV is a concern just lease an SL with lots of extras. As you say -- there are other choices for you to consider. Acura-lexus-audi. The biggest concern in your lease payments should be selling price. Good lease terms are offset by puny discounts. If you can negotiate a bigger discount on the LE than on the SL, the higher rv may not be as big a problem. Good Luck.
  • daklydakly Member Posts: 3
    Is anyone having a hard time getting a Murano in the NJ area? I have contacted several dealers in the NJ area and was told that there is a problem with the assembly of them, they are coming from Japan and not available for another month or two the earliest.
    I am looking for a SL AWD with the Tech package.
    Right. I am just comparing a lease on an LE (with out nav) to an Acura MDX base. I can get the two for roughly the same price. I am leaing toward the MDX as I think it is a better vehicle than the Murano. However, I would have no problem with the Murano LE if there were some savings, but the crazy residual drives the cost up.
    I am having the same issue in PA. Muranos are in tight supply. I was told that Nissan drastically decreased the Murano production in 2009. Then when they started up they were shipping more SL-360s than anything else. The 2010s are just now starting to hit the dealership lots.
    The mdx is bigger--more cargo space. More conservative appearance. I think I would go mdx or even base rx 350 - mazda cx-9 awd touring. Nothing more from me re this comparison -- don't want to get in trouble for posting in the wrong place. :P
  • hondo55hondo55 Member Posts: 3
    Please help me ASAP. I am about to lease the above mentioned vehicle in central Massachusetts. I'm trying to ascertain if I am getting a good lease deal.
    39 months
    12K miles per year
    Approx. $1500 in upfront "fees" which I will pay at time of delivery.
    No money down for price reduction money on vehicle.
    MSRP of vehicle $38K with a $750 rebate.
    Lease price $459 per month which includes monthly Massachusetts 6.25% sales tax.
    Your help is greatly appreciated
    Since it includes tax --decent deal. You might consider a 36 month lease. Keeps you in warranty and won't be pushing tire replacement. On the other hand, you can turn your murano in 3 months early for something new without much trouble. I paid 480 for 36 months with tax so you are fine with that deal.
  • boston76boston76 Member Posts: 3
    If the msrp is 38k than you are getting a good deal. I might close on a deal today too. msrp 36,060. 12k 39mths 1000 down total to drive off, including first month payment.
    $419 with tax included. SL 360
    Thank you for your response. It is appreciated.
    Thank you.
    You have been helpful!
    You're welcome, daz499. Here's the info for the terms that you mentioned. Through November 2nd, Nissan Motor acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00164 and 53%, respectively.

Nissan is providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle, but only in certain parts of the country. Fortunately, the New York ares is one of them. From October 9th through the 18th, Nissan was providing another $500 "Tent Sale" bonus cash on this truck. On the 19th, the bonus cash was replaced with a stairstep program that provides dealers with a variable amount of dealer cash, which increases as they sell more vehicles. It is probably safe to assume that most dealers are getting $600 through that program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mikeweb. I don't know the exact cutoff for NMAC's credit tiers off of the top of my head, but I suspect that anybody who has a score of over 700 will qualify to lease using its best available money factors. You wouldn't get any additional bonus for having a score in the high 700s.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings mgoldstein. Through November 2nd, Nissan Motor acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00164 and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Murano LE AWD are .00164 and 49%.

Nissan is providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle, but only in certain parts of the country. From October 9th through the 18th, Nissan was providing another $500 "Tent Sale" bonus cash on this truck. On the 19th, the bonus cash was replaced with a stairstep program that provides dealers with a variable amount of dealer cash, which increases as they sell more vehicles. It is probably safe to assume that most dealers are getting $600 through that program.

It's difficult to say what Nissan's November incentives will be like for this model. From what I have heard, its "Tent Sale" has been pretty effective in boosting the company's sales. As long as its inventory is at a manageable level, I don't anticipate Nissan making any enhancements to its November program. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that it will take a breather in Nov. and then crank up its support for one more push at the end of the year. Of course, it is difficult to say exactly what automakers will do with their future programs.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.