Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• gstangstan Member Posts: 3
    I was about to sign a lease today for a 2006 Murano SL 2WD in the Miami area but I pulled out at the last minute. Here is the following information and let me know what you think about the deal.
    MSRP-$36,805, term of 39 months at $466(pre tax) a month, with a purchase option of $17,577, with 18, 000 miles a year. Money due at inception- 1st month and license for a total of $734 with taxes. It seemed like a great deal at first but when compared to my purchase option below I was skeptical. They wouldn't give me specifics on the lease unless I spoke to the financial manager. I wanted the acual cap cost.
    I also negotiated a purchase option of $32,599 (about $750 below invoice) which is why I thought they were taking advantage of me on the lease option quote. I am thinking in a few weeks or so I can get a better lease price. I haven't tired to beat this deal yet. They also beat my CarsDirect purchase price quote by $1200.
  • salty600xsalty600x Member Posts: 3
    Where is carman getting the 0 down? My wife and I have been to 5 different nissan dealers in the NY area the past 2 days and the best deal I can find is with my IBM X plan, 1000 down and 460 per month on a 15K mile p yr lease on a fully equiped SL. Is this a good deal? We decided to take the deal since they were gracious enough to take our gas guzzler expedition in on trade. We had to pay money to get out of that truck but it is what it is I guess. All other dealers wanted to low ball us on the trade and lease payments were nearly 550 per month :confuse:
  • emailscottemailscott Member Posts: 5
    I was quoted a 39 month lease for a Murano S FWD. The MSRP of this Murano is 28,205 and I was quoted $390 for the lease with 12,000 miles per year. I think that this seems way too high. Is it?
  • alex12354alex12354 Member Posts: 7
    Today I leased a Murano S (base model) for $389 per month (includes taxes) with $1200 down (includes all fees and last month payment). The lease is for 39 mnths with 15k miles a year. It sounded like a good offer after negotiating...but now after reading this forum I feel like I may have gotten ripped off.
    Could I have gotten the same deal with the SL? I didnt really need all the bells and whitles since the base package is still pretty nice..... but if I could have gotten it for the same price and all It would have been nice.
    Would appreciate some feedback. Thanks! :(:(
    So confusing UGH!
    I'd hate to upset you more, but after further negotiations I have gotten a quote of $360.25 per month, 15K miles, Base S model - no options, zero down, first month payment only due at signing, all fees waived.
    WOW! That stinks for me!
    What state if you udont mind me asking?
    Also is that $360 with taxes included?
  • mocachina113mocachina113 Member Posts: 3
    i have a 2003 altima with approx 26k miles on it and paying $360/month on 62 mo/loan. im considering trading it in to lease either a 2006 murano sl awd with/out sunroof option or for another altima.

my ultimate goal is get my payments down to $300/month or less and drive something newer. the first lease deal i was offered (no real negotiation) is:
    2006 murano sl awd (no sunroof)
    msrp $31645
    12k miles/yr
    first mo pymt
    no security
    taxes etc $2471
    monthyly pym $376

now this is obviously higher than i want to pay. is it realistic to think that i can get a murano sl lease for 39/months for closer to $300/month or should i just go with another altima?

thanks for your feedback!
    Yes. All taxes, fees, etc. are included.
  • mocachina113mocachina113 Member Posts: 3
    don't do it. don't know if you have already, but if not, don't.

(1) i purchased my altima sl from westbury nissan and didn't like them and felt that i got taken afterwards. if you don't feel comfortable with your salesperson or the dealership, take your business else where. you are in control, not them.

(2) driving an altima sl and going to a murano s is going to be a bit of culture shock. there are only a few options on my sl i am willing to part with: heated seats, leather, dimming mirror. everything else you'll probably miss when there gone. if you want comprable, go with the murano sl base level and add whatever options you want.

i just got a quote for a murano sl (base level) awd 39/mo lease for $376/mo. and the murano s (base level) awd came in at $353. if you can afford the difference, go with the sl. you'll be happy that you did.

hope this helps any.
  • lehmanrlehmanr Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,

Can you tell me what you think of this deal. My calculations show something is off...

Nissan Murano AWD w/Touring Pkg + XM + Rails + Mats & Splashguards

Cash Down : 0
    MSRP: 36,525
    Negotiated Cost : 33,897
    Lease Term : 39 Mo
    Miles: 12k/year
    Residual : 51% / $18,993
    Money Factor : .00058
    Lease Payment : $412.83 (w/o Tax)

Misc Fees:
    Acquistion Fee: $550
    Fees & Ins: $255.50
    Tire Tax: $12.50
    Cash down Fee (?): $46.06
    Additional Miles : .015

My calculations show the lease payment should be $397.097, but he came up with $412.83... not sure why...

I would greatly appricate if you could tell me
    a) if this is a good deal
    b) if his number looks right
    c) would it behove me to wait to get a better lease deal later in the month etc.

Thanks so Much!!
    I did forget tto mention I got the convenience package with my car...roof rails, cargo protector etc... I don't know if that makes that big of a difference though, surely not an extra $29 a month.
  • roncoronco Member Posts: 6
    This is the current lease offer, taken from the Nissan website:

2006 Murano SL AWD w/ Touring Pkg, Splash Guard, Cargo Protect, Sunroof Wind Deflector & Mats Lease - 39 MONTHS - $359/MONTH - $2,999/INITIAL PAYMENT

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $2,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $2,640 consumer down payment, $359 first month payment, $0 security deposit).

2006 Murano SL AWD w/ Touring Pkg, Splash Guards, Cargo Protect, Sunroof Wind Deflector & Mats model 7816 subject to availability to well qualified Tier I lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $36,335 MSRP includes destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $31,761 includes a $550 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $14,001.00. At lease end, purchase for $18,894.20, plus $150 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. See participating Dealer for details. Offer ends 9/05/2006.

This actually seems pretty solid to me. What do you guys think? When we get into August, is it likely we'll see anything better?

By the way, the nissanmurano.org forum has some specific lease info here: http://nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=b60494764bf382175f41da8c88ad39f4- &threadid=7356
    What I find strange is that the Murano S I just leased came i with crossbars & 6 cd changer. These are not standard are tehy? So I guess I payed extra for those in my lease as well. :blush: I don't mind some of the extra options, I didn't realize that was not standard. Ilove the car though, rides great!
  • starrchstarrch Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman
    I am close to leasing a 06 Mrano SL w/ sunroof package,cloth interior, 2wd for 39mo, 12,000 mi. The price i am paying is 49% of 30845. Tax is 7.5%, money factor is .00058. My monthly payment is $445. I want to do it but it looks like @ the country (I'm in OH) people are paying less. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I sure do, kptaylor. Here you go. This vehicle's lease program varies depending upon which trim level you get. For now I will assume that you are interested in leasing a 2006 Murano SL AWD. Let me know if you want a different version of this truck. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of the 2006 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 62%, respectively. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that NMAC publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi salty600x. Consumers are free to lease any vehicle they want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. Of course, your monthly payment will be higher for a zero down lease than it would be for one that you made a down payment on. Still it is in your best interest as a consumer not to put money down when leasing. I say this because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered your down payment essentially disappears. At lease signing all you need to pay are your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, NMAC's $550 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. If you want to cut down even further on the amount due at signing, NMAC will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00015 in your vehicle's money factor and you can roll the acquisition fee into your vehicle's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello emailscott. You never mentioned the selling price of the Murano that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to share my thoughts on this deal with you if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey mocachina113. Your Murano's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you negotiate on it. You should be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this vehicle right now by visiting the following discussion: "Nissan Murano: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have any approximate selling price, let me know and I will tell you what I think of it and use it to estimate what this vehicle's lease payment should be. I think that your target payment of $300 a month with no money down for an '06 Murano SL AWD is a little overly optimistic though.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi lehmanr. According to my calculations, if you were to lease an '06 Nissan Murano SL AWD with an MSRP of $36,897 and a selling price of $33,897 through NMAC right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $412.83. As you can see, I agree with the payment that the dealer that you are working with came up with. The selling price that you were quoted for this vehicle looks reasonable to me and the lease money factor / residual value are right in line with Nissan's current program. If you like this vehicle, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi starrch. The money factor that you were quoted to lease this car is right in line with Nissan's current buy rate for it. This is always a good sign. Are you saying that $30,845 is this vehicle's selling price? If so, what is its MSRP? This number will show me how much of a discount you are being given and will enable me to estimate what your vehicle's lease payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • csmith3nyccsmith3nyc Member Posts: 2
    Car_man:

I have a question about Nissan's current lease offering, SL AWD w/ Touring Pkg for $359/mo (pre-tax) with $2999 down (includes 1st month) for 39 months.

Nissan's website says that MSRP is $36,355 and that Net Cap (which accounts for the $550 Acquisition Fee and the $2640 downpayment) is $31,761. Other research reveals that at this time Nissan has set the residual at 51% and the money factor at .00058 for a 39 month lease. According to Kelley Blue Book, the invoice for this exact same package as is offered in the special (w/ the MSRP at $36,355) is $33,151. If you subtract the downpayment and add the acquisition fee, you get a Net Cap of $31,061. Essentially, the special is for $700 over invoice. When broken down, it is a fairly good deal, however, the downpayment is significant.

My question is, since this is the deal offered by Nissan and you could go to any dealer and request this deal, do you think it's possible that dealers will be willing to make a better deal so as to get you to acquire the Murano through them? I worked out the numbers at just $249 over invoice ($33,400) as a possible offer and it only gets you down to $356/mo (pre-tax), a $3/mo savings. Is there anyway to do better?

What about offering at or slightly below invoice and then mentioning (if challenged by the Dealer that he would not make a profit) that he will get pure profit from the Holdback if you order a particular color and interior because the ordered car would not be on the lot at all?

Thanks.
  • vesinesvesines Member Posts: 3
    This is the offer i received from local dealer. Can you give me advice on this deal??/ Thank you

$300 a month payment for a 39 month lease on a SL AWD you'll need around $3,400 down, that would include the first months payment, so you won't have to make a payment until the second month.

The national lease offer is a great special for a SL AWD w/ touring package (includes a sunroof, leather and heated front seats, so at least they won't be cold in the winter!) at $359 a month 39 months and $2,999 down which does include the first months payment.

The SL 2WD costs about $1600 less than an AWD. Is AWD something you must have? Afterall, it doesn't rain or snow very often in Vegas.

If your budget will not allow fifty dollars, you'll need about $400 more on the down payment. If neither of these options are feasible for you, the Murano SL 2WD is what you should consider.

If you decide the touring package is not a necessity you can save up to $4,600 on the price of the Murano as the touring pkg. has heated front seats, heated outside mirrors, leather and sunroof. If you decide to go with cloth, heated seats are not as important and it doesn't really get cold enough to need heated outside mirrors, also you can get a sunroof without getting the touring package or leather if a sunroof is a criteria.
  • dan73dan73 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,
    I am ready to go ahead with this deal in Southern California.
    What do you think?
    2006 Murano SL
    Touring Package
    Navigation
    Pre-wired for Sirius
    Cargo package
    $36,635 MSRP
    $33,300 Adjusted Cap Cost
    $32,750 Capatalized Cost (selling price)
    $22,714 Residual Value at 62%
    $925.00 Drive Off
    $549.00 per month including tax
    24 months with 15,000 miles per year.
  • ildarad0ildarad0 Member Posts: 24
    Hello Car_man and everybody else.

I need help and quick if it is possible.

I'm trying to lease a Nissan Murano S AWD 2006 with "C" package.

I went to 2 Nissan Dealer ships so far

1. Bay Ridge Nissan
    2. Nissan in Manhattan on 57th Street and 11th ave

3. Also I when to company called Leasing star, they do not have a show room and cars, however they saying their cars are some where in garage.

okay Bay ridge Nissan gave me price for lease on this car $269.00 + tax. nothing else except a WIN number of the car so I can get an insurance quote. When I used this WIN ensurance company tolled me it is SE model not S.

Second Nissan in Manhattan told me that Nissan Bay ridge always does it and at the end they will bump my price up.
    and gave the price for S model with "C" pkg. $340.00 + $1000.00 down + tax.

company number 3 is telling me more info but still a problem so here I need YOUR HELP PLEASE!!!!
    they telling me that invoice price $27,600
    and MSRP = $31,800 also he is telling this price is not negotiable!!!! Is it true???????
    than he is giving me residual 54%
    Bank fee or Delivery fee $550
    lease term is 12,000 miles 39 months (when I asked if there is any difference if I'll go with 10,000 miles he said NO) Is it TRUE????
    okay the final price he gave me $350 including tax with no down payment.
    or $315 including tax with $1000 down payment.
    please Car_man or any one else HELP I have to go back on tuesday. :sick:
  • maxglobinmaxglobin Member Posts: 2
    To anyone who can help:
    I'm trying to lease a 2006 Murano SE fully loaded (touring package, dynamic countrol & navigation) for a monthly payment of under $300, hopefully somewhere around $200. Considering I have great credit and will bargain for a low selling price, high residual value & low lease factor, how much am I looking to put down for those low monthly payments?
    Right now I'm able to put down 5-6K... Any suggestions?
    Thank you!
    Btw, I'm located in Brooklyn, NY.
    hi,

with fully loaded car you will not be able to go below $300.00 in monthly payments
    I went to 3 dealerships so far and will go to King's Nissan today.
    if you know your cars MSRP and invoice price you can calculate it your self.
    http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasing/articles/48365/article.html
    as I said I went to 3 of them so far and they think they smarter than you are. however do your home work and go back to them.
    here is a link with current programs on all models of Nissan Murano. do the math and good luck!!!

http://nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=b60494764bf382175f41da8c88ad39f4- &threadid=7356

by the way I'm in Brooklyn as well so do not go to BAY RIDGE NISSAN!!!
  • maxglobinmaxglobin Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the replies...
    I've been to Bay Ridge Nissan before when I was looking to lease a Maxima and was quoted a price of $210 per month with 5K down for a 24 month lease, fully loaded without nav. Seemed like a reasonable price and the sales rep & manager were not pushy at all but were just trying to do their job and SELL. Overall my experience was positive with Bay Ridge Nissan based on that one visit.
    In response to the two previous posts which seems were deleted: I personally know Dave from Kings Nissan; he's a good guy and runs a nice & friendly sales team. Your personal experience in no way reflects the dealership as a whole. It really comes down to who you speak with at the dealership and how you are approached that determines whether you have a pleasant shopping experience or not.
    On a side note, what are the prices for a Maxima with 5K down payment?
  • terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    Better to ask in the Maxima forum, not the Murano one. ;)
    Hi csmith3nyc. $700 over dealer invoice is a pretty good deal on a lease of a 2006 Nissan Murano. Given the fact that this is the deal that Nissan is advertising on this car I suspect that you should be able to do at least this well with the dealers in your area. In fact, would not be surprised if you were able to beat it by a couple hundred dollars. Mentioning dealer holdback to dealers never helps negotiations. They know its there and they know what they are willing to sell vehicles for, there's no need to remind them how their business works. In fact, mentioning holdback in negotiations usually just annoys them. I would not be surprised if you were able to get this vehicle for the $250 over invoice that you mentioned, but I doubt that you will be able to find many dealers that are willing to go lower than that. For additional feedback on how much you should pay for this vehicle right now, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Nissan Murano: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello vesines. This vehicle's MSRP and selling price are never mentioned in the offer that you were sent. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this Murano's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings dan73. I believe that this truck has a spread of right around $3,200 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. Taking this into account, the price that you were quoted is very attractive. I just used Nissan's actual lease program to calculate a lease payment on this truck and according to my calculations, a 24 month lease of a 2006 Murano SL with 15,000 miles per year, an MSRP of $36,635 and an adjusted capitalized cost of $33,300 should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $509.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Car_man, hello!

I typically pay cash for my cars. Is there any real advantage to leasing them over buying them outright, if one can afford a cash deal? Is it dependent upon if one making "x" amount, a certain age?

That is a question I have never had answered, believe it or not!
  • absolutboy20absolutboy20 Member Posts: 24
    I leased a Murano SE 06' AWD platinum a few weeks ago and just wanted to put out my numbers. The exact numbers are in the car, so I can run down and get them later if you want, but I agree with the consensus that it would be difficult to get a loaded Murano for under $300/month. My deal is for a 39 month lease/15k a year, I think MSRP was around $39k, but the cap cost was around $36k. Total drive off $1300 including first month's rent, GAP insurance, and acquisition fee. My monthly with tax included is $481.

I thought about putting down money to lower the monthly payments, but then I was informed if the car were totalled, I would not get any of that down payment back. Therefore, I decided against that idea. My vehicle has the Vehicle Dynamic Package, Tech Package, Navi, crossbars, sunroof deflector, and mud flaps. It took me a month to get the vehicle with the specs and price I wanted, and I was finally able to lock in a car before it arrived at port. I don't know the status of 06 shipments at this point, but I doubt there are any incoming vehicles for that model year now. Good luck and if you want the exact numbers, I'll get them for you.
    here is my numbers on 36 month term

MSRP - $31700 (is this price negotiable?)usually it is $31075
    Residual - $17118 (54%)
    Invoice - $27600 (is it possible?)
    Depr over 36th months - $10482
    Monthly depr payments - $291.16
    Money factor is - 0,00120
    money factor payments - $53.60
    so total monthly payment is $344.76 + tax (CT 6%) + 550 bank fee + first month payment + DMV fees
    Could any one tell me if this is sound like a good deal or no?
    please? :confuse:
  • absolutboy20absolutboy20 Member Posts: 24
    He Ildarad0,

Have you looked into a 39 month lease? When I leased my Murano, the difference between a 39 and 36 month lease was over $50 a month, with a residual of 51%. I know that was a special lease rate that they were offering at that time but it may be something that you would want to look into.
    Carmen hello
    I heard that nissan program has be changed as of today is it true?

any one????
    Hi terry92270. Paying cash and leasing are both good ways to obtain a new vehicle. The only time that there is an advantage to leasing over paying cash is when a manufacturer is providing a substantial amount of lease support on a vehicle, but no cash incentives on it. That actually is the case with the 2006 Murano right now. Nissan is not currently providing any cash incentives on it, but it is providing a decent level of lease support. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '06 Murano is .00058. This is equivalent to an interest rate of around 1.4%. If I was in the market for a new Murano, I personally would rather lease than pay cash.

As far as who is approved to lease goes, most manufacturers' captive finance companies are fairly lenient about who they approve to lease vehicles. As long as your credit is not really messed up you should be able to take advantage of the aforementioned special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello ildarad0. Vehicles' MSRPs are not negotiable, but their selling prices are. Dealer invoice is a very good selling price for a Murano. I am not sure if you will be able to get a Murano for dealer invoice, but if you can you will be getting a very good deal. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for their Muranos lately: "Nissan Murano: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

I see that you are considering leasing your Murano for 36 months. You may want to consider leasing it for 39 months instead. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s 39 month lease program for it is much more attractive than its 36 month program. Instead of the .00120 factor that is used for 36 month terms, NMAC's 39 month money factor is only .00058.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Nissan did publish its new September lease program yesterday, ildarad0. See my previous response to you for its new September money factors. Let me know if you have any other specific questions about its new lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Car-man----thank you very much for your prompt reply. ;)
    I went to Auto Tech Nissan in Manhattan today very good people.
    here is what they offer.
    Murano S AWD 07616 4dr Wgn S w/ac, automatic.
    term 39 - 12000 miles
    MSRP $31,075.00
    Selling price $28,506.00
    monthly payment is $336.20 w/o tax
    could you please let me know if this is correct. please include your residual and money factor.
    thank you. :)
    And I'll hope this is my last dealer ship visit I want this car please help?????
  • jgood1jgood1 Member Posts: 1
    Great site here!
    Wondering how this lease deal looks...This is for a 2006 S series FWD Murano with "conveince package". 12k/year
    MSRP is 29,205
    Sell price 26,700
    O down payment...Only tax, title and tags due at signing which is 1,142.
    349/month for 39 months.
    I then brought up my trade in, trying to get payments closer to 300/month.
    With trade in payments would now be 318/month for 39 months...I feel the trade in price was generous as the car does need some work.
    Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
    Read the post directly above yours, #245, and you decide.

I would go to NYC, if you are somewhat near, and lease the better car, with AWD, etc. ;)
    deal is not good i will tell you right no. $245 is my reply i got my car for 39 month lease AWD, CONV package for 350 including tax. plus got a full gas tank from the dealer.
    you can go it is located on 57th and 11th ave, placed called Autotech Nissan, guys name is Jack Littlefield.
    he will do any thing to make you happy. he is very good guy. you can tell hi that Ilda and Alina got this deal and you want better one he might give oyu if not you will get the same as I got. Good Luck!!!!!! :shades:
    forgot to mention NO down payment no trade in. :shades:
    You're welcome ildarad0. The selling price and monthly payment that you were quoted for the Murano that you are interested in look good to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • clueless_girlclueless_girl Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car man,

I was wondering if you can tell me if this is a good deal. I've been shopping for a 2006 Nissan Murano for quite awhile now, but still can't make up my mind :)

06 Murano SL AWD, with Sunroof/Leather package. Lease for 39M, 12K miles / year, 1.37% interest rate, $1500 down (that includes fees/taxes/license/ first month/security), payment $402. The MSRP of the car is $35,240. Residual Value $18,325 (52%). Money factor .00057

If I can come up with $700 more for a cash down, the payments will be $380. Do you think this is a good deal?
    Is there a way to negotiate the MSRP price with a dealer? Or is it set price that will not change? I want a Murano so much, but I can't affort more than $400/month payments...

Thank you very much, your help is appreciated!!! :)
    Car Man...

At that price, shouldn't she be able to negotiate one that includes the stability control package as well? I believe it to be absolutely essential on the Mo.

Clueless, there is a post in this forum, or the Prices Paid one where another forum user from NYC posted a dealer with damn good prices, better than most in your area. ;)
  • jamrimanjamriman Member Posts: 14
    Heres my experience. I negotiated Tax and title fees=$2789. 12000mi/yr 39mo. at $370/mo. At time of pick up I was sent to the idiot who offers the extended warranty etc.. I guess hes the finance person. He tried to tack on a $500 nissan lease fee. Non-negotiable. I asked him why wasn't this told to me by the salesperson? He told me that the sales people aren't told about this. What a load of BS! I told them it was dealbraker and of coarse got my way. I'm filing a complaint with nissan even though its futile. Hope this helps someone. BTW its Star nissan in Bayside, queens, NY.
  • nomatternomatter Member Posts: 36
    jamriman, are you talking about Nissan's $550 acquisition fee?
    I thought this fee was non-negotiable. I am in the market, I always include the $550 acquistion fee and the $599 dealers fee in my calculations. Unfortunately dealers in my area are greedy: They want the 2%holdback plus the $599 dealers fee.
This discussion has been closed.