Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• mobster75mobster75 Member Posts: 2
    Hey folks,

This past weekend, I picked up a lease on a 2007 S AWD w/ Convenience Pkg and carpeted floor mats, splash guards, cargo area protector, and roofrail crossbars (basically everything avail for S but tow pkg) for $356/month (+sales tax) and $500 down for 39 months. Basis price was $28,550. Resid value is around $16,700.

They tossed in free car washes for entire lease and free oil changes for 1st year (yeah I know its cheapie stuff for them, but has value to me) and allowed me to transfer my vanity plate instead of getting a random plate. Is this in-line w/ the typical deals or should I be concerned? I'm located in MA and the AWD is really the only choice w/ our typical winters (which we haven't seen yet this year....)

Thanks for the feedback!
    mobster75
  • krishnamkrishnam Member Posts: 29
    Looks like this car is selling below invoice. I just called an dealership and they offered the car $200 below invoice without any negotiations.
  • shannonlinyshannonliny Member Posts: 6
    Well I picked up my car last night and went over the paperwork that my husband was suppose to do and questioned why the MSRP was different that what was on the sticker? He said to make the deal work they put a lower figure. ok, so you tell me if this was a deal or if I got tossed a beating.

07 Murano SL AWD- Touring PKG- 36,800
    GrossCap Cost: 34,172.43
    Invoice Cost: 32,556.43
    Residual: 18,778.20
    Agreement Value: 33,622.43

Out of pocket: 3,625.00
    Payments 379.97 for 39 mths 12k yr.

What I don't get is Under Rent Charge : 1040.00
    and Acquistion Fee 550.00

Can anyone explain this - and did I get hosed on the lease?
    They threw in the cargo protector and front mats ( Big deal)!

Please advise your thoughts..
  • rpdrpdrpdrpd Member Posts: 36
    Thanks for your help Car_man. We agreed to the deal last night, but also agreed that we will take delivery in February (when my current lease is up). Dealer will honor his offer, but will adjust to my advantage if any incentives, etc. come out in February.

However, I now see that Murano's might be had for less than invoice. I'm not sure if I would try to squeeze $200 off the invoice; I 'll just see what happens in Feb.
  • emc17emc17 Member Posts: 26
    I have 6 months remaining payments on a Highlander lease totaling $2520. I am looking into leasing a Murano 07 w/touring package w/XM radio, navigation, sun roof, leather, etc. The car MSRP is $37.100. They are giving me a deal of $1500 down and 38 payments of $499/month including tax. The dealer will pay Toyota de remaining 6 months. Should I wait till the end of my lease in 6 months or is this a fair deal? Please answers asap.Thanks!! :shades:
  • ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    Do you have any miles remaining on your Toyota lease? How many miles are your getting on the Murano?
    Yes, I still have plenty of miles remainig on my lease. I
    am getting 12.000/yr. on the Murano. I dont use my car that much. :)
  • langcidlangcid Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease the following Murano in Southern California. I am a also first time car buyer and I am not 100% sure how the residual plays against the lease price, so I'd appreciate any feedback on the lease and residual information I have below. Thanks.

The car I want is a 2007 Murano SL, FWD with cloth and sunroof package and a couple of small add-ons. The MSRP on this car is $32,860.

I am trading in a car valued at $3,900 as a down payment and it will count for the first month payment and total drive off including all taxes.

The monthly payment offered is $383/month total which includes taxes. It is for a 39 month lease.

That means the total payments and trade in value after 39 months is $18,454. And the residual on the Murano is around 55%, so that value would be $18,073. That adds up to $36,527.

Does this residual math make sense and does this sound like a fair deal or is it high?
    Hi, I was wondering if your monthly payment includes sales tax or before. Thanks.
    This was the total cost out of pocket per month. no tax will be added.
    In looking at your deal on the previous pages, it seems like you got a more expensive version of the Murano for a lower total cost.
    I would recommend that you keep the Highlander. Your lease payment increases by $65.00 a month just to pay off your existing lease. If you do not want to wait the 6 months,at least wait another 3 or 4 months. The only way it would make sense to turn in your Highlander now would be if you were over your mileage. Good luck in what ever to decide to do.
    I am ready to pick up my Murano (see post from 3 weeks ago). I see there is a $1000 rebate for February, but the dealer tells me this does not apply to lease customers. Is this true?

Also, any info on current lease factor?

I am seeing Muranos here being had at less than invoice, but my dealer won't go below invoice.
  • bj4everbj4ever Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I were offered the following deal and would like to know your opinion...

07 Murano SL
    MSRP 34000
    Zero Down
    12K/yr
    325/mon
    39 Month Lease
    Residual 15K
    Thank you. That's exact what I am going to do. Appreciate your response.
  • kenziezachkenziezach Member Posts: 5
    Hello, this is my first message. I am in the process of looking into purchasing a new Nissan Murano. I've fallen in love with these vehicles. If anyone has purchased a new Murano in the area of Omaha (Nebraska) let me know what kind of deals are out there. I am looking for a 07 Murano SL AWD with the touring package, and possibly the DVD entertainment for the rear. Thanks for all of your help.
  • shannonlinyshannonliny Member Posts: 6
    EMC17,

Mine didn't include taxes- I put down 3k. 379.97 a/mth was a sweet deal. I love my truck! :P
    So, your monthly payment is $379.97 + sales tax?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks for the additional information, pidoublet. OK, so you're interested in leasing a 2006 Nissan Murano SE that has an MSRP of $39,750 and a selling price of $34,279. This truck has a spread of around $2,400 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add the $500 lease cash that is currently available on it to that and you have a total of around $2,900 to play with. You were quoted a discount of $5,400 on this truck. If you can actually get one for that low a price, you are getting an outstanding deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Nissan's 39 month current buy rate lease money factor of .00023 to calculate your lease payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings Larry. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current Murano lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Some very knowledgeable community members frequent that discussion and they are often kind enough to give others their opinion on vehicles' values. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, rpdrpd. Let me know if you have any questions about this truck's February programs.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi emc17. The Nissan dealer that you are working with cannot make your Highlander's six remaining payments magically disappear. They only way they can get you out of your current lease early is to purchase your leased vehicle from the bank that you are leasing it through or make your remaining lease payments. Either way, it is likely going to cost money to break your lease now. This money is going to cut into your ability to get a good deal on your new Murano. You will likely be much better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your current lease to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings langcid. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I see that you are considering trading in your current vehicle when you lease your new one. There's nothing wrong with doing so, but it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease.

I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but in order for me to do so it would be a big help if you would provide me with this Murano's selling price first. This is a very important number for you as a consumer to know anyhow because the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Yes Car_man, I am very interested in hearing about the February particulars on the Murano. Thanks.
  • hertz555hertz555 Member Posts: 1
    I just got this quote from a local dealer here in Houston. This is cut and pasted right from their email...

HI......HERE'S THE INFO YOU REQUESTED....

07 MURANO SL WITH :
    LEATHER/SUNROOF PKG
    CARGO PROTECTOR
    ROOF RAIL CROSSBARS
    SPLASH GUARDS
    SUNROOF WIND DEFLECTOR

MSRP...................................34080
    INVOICE/SALES PRICE....................31117

15K MILES PER YEAR

MONEY FACTOR WITH NO SECURITY DEPOSIT .00067

WITH ZERO MONEY OUT OF POCKET

PMT IS 458 FOR 38 MONTHS

IF YOU WANT TO PAY THE UP FRONT FEES.....

600 OUT OF POCKET....

PMT IS 444 FOR 38 MONTHS

WE HAVE MANY COLORS IN STOCK....

LET ME KNOW IF I CAN DO ANYTHING ELSE...

Seems good but I believe the money factor is too high, please let me know what you think! I would be willing to pay the security deposit if it would reduce the money factor.
    Thanks
    Hi rpdrpd. Unfortunately, what the dealer you are working with told you is correct. The $1,000 customer cash that is currently available on the Nissan Murano is not compatible with its special lease program. NMAC's current 39 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 Murano SL AWD are .00052 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome kenziezach. I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment you can expect to pay on the Murano that you want. In order for me to do so I need some information from your first. This info includes the MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact Murano that you want as well as how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. You can find this truck's MSRP by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. You should be able to get a good idea of how much you should pay for it by visiting the following discussion: "Nissan Murano: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know what these numbers are and I'll work up a sample lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi hertz555. As you suspected, the reason why the money factor for this deal is slightly higher than the lowest possible factor for this truck is that this deal includes a waived security deposit. On vehicles that it is not running a special security deposit waiver program on, NMAC increases the money factors of vehicles with waived deposits by .00015. If you pay one on this deal, the money factor that is used to calculate your monthly payment should drop to .00052.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    New Jersey

2007 Murano SL AWD w/Touring Pack (no GPS or DVD)
    39 month lease w/15k per year.
    MSRP: 36,820
    Invoice: 33,568
    LEV%: 50%
    LEV: 18,410
    Selling Price: 33,568
    Acq Fee: 550
    Factor: 0.00052
    Payment: 460.80

Out-the-door:
    1st pymt 460.80
    Sec Dep 0.00
    DMV Fees 307.50
    Total 768.30

Got the Murano at invoice, no security deposit.

Thank you car_man and everyone else for your help.
  • dohmaidohmai Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I'm currently looking to lease a 2007 Murano SL w/ Touring and Navigation, but I'm new to the leasing process and would appreciate any advice provided!

This is the quote I've been given from a local dealer (So. Cal):

2007 MURANO SL FWD SUV CVT

BW9-G
    MIDNIGHT BLUE, CHARCOAL

Invoice MSRP
    BASE $26,945 $29,300

CGO $59 $80
    CARGO AREA PROTEC
    FLO $69 $90
    FLOOR MATS
    NAV $1,561 $1,800
    NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    TR5 $4,381 $5,050
    SL TOUR PKG-XM SA
    WDF $61 $90
    SUNROOF WIND DEFL
    50S $0 $0
    50 STATE EMISSION
    Freight Charge $650 $650
    Total $33,726 $37,060

Your price is $34,026. Your lease pricing with $2,500 drive off is $385 plus tax for 39 months.

EDIT: No mileage was mentioned, but I assume 12k/yr.

I've read through the last several pages here to get a general sense of the current leasing prices, but would still appreciate anyone's input on if this is a deal worth pursuing.

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • ymflymfl Member Posts: 10
    I'm ready to make the lease deal 28062.00 ($4000 down) 286.00 monthly for 39 months. 12,000 miles
    Is this good - :confuse:
  • whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    no. Why do you want to put 4000 down on a lease? Remember, if anything happens to the car, you are probably out the 4,000. If you were purchasing it would make sense to have sucha down payment. I got snookered into 2000 down, but much of that did end of going toward fees and stuff. I'm sure somebody here will explain it to you. Meanwhile, ask the dealer what your payment would be with the minimum down (first payment and fees). Put the rest of it in a money market account (ING direct has good interest) and earn up to 5% interest.
  • ymflymfl Member Posts: 10
    The reason for the large down was to bring the monthly under $300. Thanks. :confuse:
    So put the $4000 in a money market account and take out $100 a month form the MMA and you accomplish the same thing without risking your $4000 down payment.
  • dohmaidohmai Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I posted a lease quote given to me above to see if anyone could give me feedback about how good of a deal it is. I've since contacted another dealership who offered me this:

Murano SL FWD w/ Touring, Navigation Packages
    39 month, 15k/year, $2500 drive-off, inc. 1st month

MSRP: 37010, Cost: 32,206

Lease quote: 407 (inc. tax) / month

I'd appreciate any thoughts about this lease!

Thanks!
  • kenziezachkenziezach Member Posts: 5
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am interested in an 07 Murano SL AWD with touring package, and navigation. I ran the information through the New Vehicle pricing section of Edmunds.com and came up with the following numbers.

Invoice Pricing on a 07 Murano SL AWD with touring package and navigation is $34,704

MSRP Pricing is $38,050.

I am looking to lease for 39 months and am looking for 15,000 miles per year, but 12,000 would be fine.

Thanks for all of your help.
  • jtg752jtg752 Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone help me determine if this is a good deal on a Murano:

Sale Price: $29,000, including tax/lic
    Cash Down: $1500
    The dealer to payoff my trade-in at $2373
    15,000 miles

Residual is $16,573

Monthly payment = $370
  • gloucestermangloucesterman Member Posts: 1
    i just leased a murano and wanted to see what folks thought of the deal.

i’m located in CT.

2007 Murano S AWD
    Convenience package, floor mats, splash guards, rear cargo mat, roof rail crossbars

39 month lease
    15k miles per year
    $2000 total out of pocket
    covered acquisition fee, 1st payment
    reg fees, dealer convoy fee, vin # etching
    no sec deposit, no last payment

sticker $31,270
    cap cost $27,499
    lease $299 + tax

interest .00052
    residual 52%

dealer said he leased me car at $1204 below invoice ($27,499) but i always find that hard to believe. I’m sure they are making $$ somewhere

let me know what you think of this deal and if you think it is really $1,204 under invoice...
    Car Man or any of you leasing experts:

Can you negotiate a lower residual value?

I know that I will be over the allowed mileage so I plan on purchasing the vehicle for the residual value at the end of the lease. A lower residual value price will result in a lesser amount to finance at the end of the lease. With the low interest rate factors being offered (.00052 on the Murano =1.2%) as opposed to financing a used vehicle the increase in payments for the lower residual could be financed at the favorible lease rate.
  • jtg752jtg752 Member Posts: 3
    Here's what Edmund's says on a car with the options you mention:

2007 Nissan Murano
    S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

MSRP: $31,270
    Invoice: $28,690
    What Others Are Paying: $30,634
  • pidoubletpidoublet Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the advice Car_man. I actually pulled the trigger on the deal before seeing you response. Makes me feel a lot better about it since you said it was an outstanding deal. Love the Murano so far (other than a cracked winshield, but that would have happened to my old one). Plenty of room and fun to drive. Glad I didn't miss out on an outstanding deal on an outstanding vehicle.
  • jamrocjamroc Member Posts: 2
    I've been quoted for a Murano S $3000.00 down w/payments of $338.00/mth.+ tax for 39 months for 15,000 mls per year.(my request). I see advertised today $26,595 net cost at the same dealership in Oceanside, CA

I have 2 months left on my leased Honda Accord $239/mth and dealer has verbally agreed to get me out of it with nothing owed after seeing my current resdidual.

What would be a decent lease agreement with this situation?
    I'm anxious to close on this
    Thank You!
  • rnmomrnmom Member Posts: 32
    I have one quote on a 2007 Sl for $419 with $2000 down $1400 is ny tax first month and motor vehicle FOR 39 MONTHS AND 1OK. The dealer did say that the loan was with a primary bank and that is why 39 months. Ihave looked at other vehicle in the same price range Acura RDX, Subaura Tiberica all with the same range but for 36 months,
    We have ruled the RDx due to the Turbo, and some poor reviews on the Tiberica. Anyone have throughs on any other vehicles in this price range.
    Congratulations on your new Murano, rpdrpd. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome dohmai. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

So it looks like you are being sold the Murano that you are interested in for $1,000 over invoice, which isn't bad. Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $37,060 and a selling price of $34,026, I estimate that your 39 month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $415. I used a money factor of .00033 and a residual value of 50% to arrive at this lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, kenziezach. Let's say that you were able to get this truck for $750 over invoice. That means it has an MSRP of $38,050 and a selling price of $35,454. Using these numbers and NMAC's current lease program, I estimate that this truck would have a 39 month, 15,000 mile per year monthly payment of around $440. With only 12,000 miles per year, this payment would drop to around $430.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jtg752. What is the MSRP of the Murano that you're interested in? I ask because it will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it and it will enable me to use Nissan's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ronaldc. While I have heard about consumers who have negotiated lower residual values on leases, I suspect that NMAC probably will not let you do this. It never hurts to ask though. In my opinion, you would be better off just keeping the normal residual value and paying for less depreciation over the life of your lease. Sure your lease-end purchase price will be higher, but the amount that you pay each month will be lower. By keeping the normal residual value and having a lower monthly payment you protect yourself in the event that you decide not to purchase your truck at the end of your lease because you just plain decide you don't like it, have problems with it, or it ends up being in an accident and has diminished value.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, pidoublet. I'm glad that you like your new Murano and that you got a good deal on it. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings jamroc. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Murano that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.