Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• dmthorntondmthornton Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Could someone tell me if this sounds like a good deal. We live in the Austin, TX area and are trying to lease a 2007 Murano SL w/Touring Package. First time leasing and don't exactly feel comfortable.

Thanks,

Dave

MSRP: $35,380
    Sale Price: $32,395 (Invoice price... supposedly)
    Term: 39 month
    Residual: 48% or $16,982.40
    Money Factor: .00033
    Cap Costs: $ 777.05 ($594.83 acq. fee + 182.22 lic fee)
    Down Payment: $0
    Tax: $0
    Total due at signing: 431.67

Monthly Payment: 431.67
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Looks like that deal is a straight up no [non-permissible content removed] deal.. Only place it could get better is if you can get below invoice in your area.. Check the prices paid forum to see. There is 1500 rebate but dont know if you can use that with the special lease rate. If you can you should be able to get it off that invoice price.
    I'd take the deal! Especially if its with 15k per year..
  • joemorenajoemorena Member Posts: 4
    Mocachina
    I am totally with you on how bad Westbury Toyota on Long Island is as a dealership. I know exactly how you felt too. I had an awful experience with the manager! How good can the dealership be?
    He was constantly raising his voice and trying to seem self important and trying to force me into the purchase.
    I had read a few reviews online about how bad they were. It is truly something else to experience it first hand.
    Then there's the issue of them raising prices once you get there by adding certain additional "fees".

You put it so well, "You are in control, not them!"
  • geeman1021geeman1021 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for some feedback on this deal. Can I do better?

2007 Murano SL AWD with G04 Touring Package and a MSRP of $36,610. 39 mos lease with 12k miles a year. $320 fees (lic. & doc fees)down and $415/mo plus tax.

Your thoughts are appreciated and if I have left out anything that would be helpful for you to provide then let me know.
  • speed1269speed1269 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Just some quick info..received Nissan tent litrerature from dealer and had read Nissan Murano reviews and took a shot. Salesman was a friend(bad move) which gives me poor parameters to discuss with you. Had a 2004 Murano lease with 3k left to pay...was looking for termination and perhaps a few months forgiveness.. Found AWD SL for 36,820. They wanted 1000 down, pay off lease and 589 for 39 months,all in. Didn't make the deal after considering.Thoughts?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello Dave. Dealer invoice is a pretty good selling price for a leased 2007 Nissan Murano. It is really equivalent to a price of around $500 over invoice once the $500 cash incentive that is available on leases of this model through Nissan Motor acceptance Corp. is taken into account. You can double check that the selling price that you were offered really is dealer invoice by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with NMAC's buy rate for the '07 Murano SL. Overall, I would say that this is a pretty good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello geeman1021. The best way to evaluate this deal is to take a look at the selling price that the dealer is trying to charge you for the Murano that you want. Keep in mind that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is, it is difficult to see how much of a discount you are being given on it. I will gladly give you my opinion of this deal if you tell me what the selling price is. At first glance though, $415 per month with essentially nothing down looks pretty reasonable to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings speed1269. The best way to evaluate a lease is to get as many facts about the deal as possible. The most important numbers to focus on are your vehicle's selling price and the money factor that are being used to calculate its monthly payment. These are the two main profit centers for dealers on leases. Let me know what these numbers are and I will gladly give you my opinion of this deal. At first glance, the monthly payment that you were given, $589, looks a little high to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • geeman1021geeman1021 Member Posts: 2
    The dealer is quoting $32,944 as the selling price for this vehicle (MSRP of $36,610 - incl. touring package G04). Hope this helps.
  • speed1269speed1269 Member Posts: 2
    Speed1269 again...

As a followup, did a little internet shopping and found the same Nissan with an additional Vehicle Dynamic package for a total of 37,695. This dealer, being the last day of the month, offered 42 months, 15K lease, will pay off the 3200 outstanding lease, no money down other than 1st payment and 350 security deposit, and the same 42 months for 499/month.
    I told him to put it in writing and I'd answer quickly.Seems much more palatable!
    Me again still searching around...
    Do you have the November MF + resid for Murano AWD? I would like the 36/39 and 24 month numbers with 15000/yr .
    Thanks in advance...
    Is the MF different for S,SL and SE models?
    I was intrigued by the rogue but think I may be able to get more bang for the buck out of the Murano right now...
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    car_man

but what is includes in the "inception fees

Inception fee's are 1st payment, Dealers doc fee, and registartion fee.

in other words:

1st payment: $316
    doc fee: $195
    Total inception fees: $597

Of course this differ from state to state and dealer to dealer.

Pay off on trades fee.... would be if there was a trade any money going to pay off the trade or if they owned the trade any money that was getting cut back to the customer for equity in the trade or if no trade at all any money being cut to the customer for what ever reason.

Hope this is helpful :)
    Greenpee,
    Do you think 500 below invoice is good right now on 07 Murano SL lease or should I be holding out for lower?
  • chilas01chilas01 Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan
    Please, let me know if the following lease for Nissan Murano is a good deal:
    MSRP : $34770
    Selling Price: $31,790
    Term: 3 years
    Miles: 12000/year
    Money Factor: 0.00160
    Residual Price: 16689
    Monthly Payment (pre-tax): $425

Thanks in Advance
  • kramgkramg Member Posts: 7
    sounds like a great deal to me but if you wait till the end of the month it might even get better with the new 2009 Murano due to come out in January.
  • bpd196bpd196 Member Posts: 9
    I am negotiating an 07 SL AWD with touring package, I have a quote of 31798. Right now I have an 04 sl awd and am waiting to hear back from Nissan on a early lease termination payoff. Can you tell me what the MF and resid should be. The payoff that they give me is going to be good for 30 days, do you think I can get a better price if I wait till the end of the month?
  • p547dvp547dv Member Posts: 3
    If delivery charges have been included into car price, should I pay bank fees at inceptions? Isn't it the same?
  • bratliffbratliff Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

Just looking to see if I am getting a good deal on this Murano:

Cap Cost: $26,961
    MSRP: 30,470
    Residual: 15,235
    Money factor: .00033
    Terms: 15K year/39 months
    Payment: 334.59

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks in advance.
  • gtrom23gtrom23 Member Posts: 4
  • gtrom23gtrom23 Member Posts: 4
    hi car man,
    can you please give me a quote for a new nissan murano s plus convenience package and a nissan murano sl plus convenience package.please include all taxes and costs for me.this car is payed cash.thank you !
  • stevenj815stevenj815 Member Posts: 8
    With the specials going on this week I can get you down to $398 a month for 39 months on the exact Murano you are looking for with no money down on the lease. Your money factor is 0.000330, Cap cost of $33,204.36, selling cost of $31,599, and a residual of $17,894.40. We're here 9-9 all week and 9-5 Saturdays. What day is best for you?
  • justinytjustinyt Member Posts: 1
    Is this a fair deal?

2007 Murano SL AWD with G04 Touring Package MSRP $36,425. 39 Month Lease with 10k miles a year. $409 a month. The 8.75% tax is included. Due at signing: First $409, Bank fee $595, $250 fees (lic. & doc fees). = $1254

When I asked about what price this was based on they kept saying it's a $36,000 SUV for $409 a month. What they wrote up states that all Incentives and rebates to dealer.

If this is fair? I will need to negotiate to make it 15K per year. Any idea what an additional 5K per year should add to the monthly lease?

Any thoughts? Anyone? Thank you in advance for your time and wisdom.
  • joerareyjoerarey Member Posts: 6
    This is the deal I made Fri evening Dec 21 at Jeff Schmidt Nissan in SW Ohio...
    Sunset Red Murano SL AWD
    G04 SL Touring Package
    R92 Roof Rail Crossbars (Black)
    M94 SE & SL Splash Guards (Set of 4)
    S92 Sunroof Wind Deflector
    L92 Carpeted Floor Mats
    N93 Cargo Area Protector

MSRP: 37,080
    Negotiated Price: 33,607
    Net Trade: -3,100 (from trade on my 05 FWD SL with 53k - gross trade of 17,500)
    Rebate: -500
    Acc Fee: +595
    Adjusted Cap Cost: 30,602
    Residual: 18,169 (49%) <= New Rate -
    Money factor: .00011 <=New Rate (free money)
    Terms: 15K year/36 months
    Payment: 350.73 + Local Sales Tax :shades:

A very good deal, but I still felt afterward I left just a few $$ on the table. Not that I am complaining. Sales manager said the 09s are on the trucks and headed to dealers. He thought he would have his first ones Sat or Sun.

I was ready to deal because of all the info on this great forum. Thank you all! I had a very good salesman but he handed me over very early to the Sales Mgr. This made for very quick face to face negotiations.

Happy Muranoing!

Joe
  • mtj1989mtj1989 Member Posts: 1
    NW Nissan dealer in Las Vegas was good to deal with, imo.
    $400/mo for generous mileage lease on on a Murano SL with sunroof, sound and premium pkgs. $1K down plus 1st month did the deal. I'm leaving out neglibible trade details and brief confrontations, so don't expect this deal to come easy, but they worked with me very directly to negotiate and finish an equitable deal in 2 hours. Best car buying experience ever.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Yes regarding the 09's, We were going to buy a 07 Murano but instead bought a 08 Rogue SL FWD. It came down to price. We were goin to buy Murano S FWD, but we worked out a better deal on the Rouge, But I'm sure there well be some outstanding deals on Muranos in the coming weeks as the 09 are on thier way or some dealers have gotten some already...
  • stevef7stevef7 Member Posts: 1
    Msrp on 07 murano awd SL is 36.9k. Can buy for 33.5k . Lease is $454/ 39month, zero down. Good or bad deal?
  • tazgirl3tazgirl3 Member Posts: 43
    :confuse: Hi,

My lease comes to term in April of this year. I have a 2005 Maxima with 34,000 and dont want to go over the 36,000 so I want to turn it in now and get a new car. I am thinking about getting a Murano. I am not interested in purchasing the vehicle I currently have. This is my first lease so I am not sure what to expect. I have gotten some papers in the mail that state that some dealers will waive the fees incurred with a lease if you stay with a Nissan product. So, when I go to trade this car in what happens and how do I know I am not getting a raw deal? The car has a few dings on it from parking lots but nothing major. interior is clean. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.
  • didigetscrwddidigetscrwd Member Posts: 1
    We live in Virginia. We just had a baby and decided it was time to trade in my 2005 Subaru Impreza with just about 80,000 miles on it... Here is the deal:
    $7,500 for our trade in = about 2,300 neg equity
    Leased a 2007 Nissan Murano SL AWD with CVT and Touring package and Nav system -and it had 1,000 miles on it.
    We both have credit in the upper 700's and got a 4.9% rate. We put $1,000 down and first car payment... our payments are $629 and some change... We just drove it home about an hour ago and my heart is in my stomach after reading some of the posts on this site... We're young and new to leasing and i'm just wondering if they saw us coming from a mile away or if the #'s really make sense... I love the Murano but miss my Subie already. Can someone please be totally honest with me and let me know if there's something we should do if possible??

Thanks for your time! :confuse:
    well, I think the 4.9% is high. To buy an 07 they have1.9% to 3.99% depending how long you want to take the payments for. Also, if you buy they have $1500 cash back incentive. I went to lease an 07 Murano and I had $3,000 in negative equity in my Maxima. they wanted 1,000 down and the first payment the rate was 000.16 which is bascially 0% percent. my payment for 36 months was $594.20 I did not lease the vehicle because the negotiated purchase price was too high. it was new there was like 10 miles on it. they wanted to charge me $35K for the 07 with the same features you have on yours. Being an '07 that price should have been at invoice or several hundred $$$ under invoice. I am so confused now I dont know what to do so I did not buy anything! I dont know if this helps or not :confuse:
  • rgustafsrgustafs Member Posts: 35
    Anyone have any idea on the MF and residual (2yr/12K) on an 09 LE with Nav and dual moonroof? I am now debating between this, the Pilot EX-L nav and the MDX.

The Pilot is almost free these days, but I want to be sure I am fully informed about the Murano before I pull the trigger on a Pilot.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    So why is the Pilot almost free these days, Oh that is right, because in 09, an all new one shows up. I was at the Detriot auto show and saw the 09 Pilot. I dont like it. It well be cheaper then a 09 Murano LE. The base MDX wont have all the bells and toys as the Murano LE, and to get all the toys you are looking at almost 10 K more.

Nissan isn't dealing on the Murano as far as lease speicals or low MF, so if you have to be the first to own the 09 Murano you well bite the big one on MF...

tony
  • tigger5753tigger5753 Member Posts: 43
    Anyone know the MF and Residual on an 2009 Murano LE and SL?

I've been offered 39, 48 and 60 month lease options, but would like to know the info to crunch the numbers.

Thanks!
    Hello tazgirl3. Unfortunately, Nissan is not running any official early lease termination program that I am aware of on the Murano right now. This means that Nissan probably will not let you out of your lease early for free. To get out of your lease now, you are going to either have to make all of your remaining lease payments without the benefit of actually driving your car or purchase your leased vehicle and trade it in or try to sell it on your own. Chances are that both of these options will be fairly expensive. If I was in your situation, I personally would probably continue to drive my Maxima, being careful to limit my mileage as much as possible.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi didigetscrwd. Wow, $629 per month sounds like a lot of money to pay for a leased Nissan Murano. Unfortunately, it doesn't really pay to research your lease after it has been finalized. Doing so will only cause you agony. I highly doubt that you will be able to get out of this deal if you have signed a lease contract and physically driven off in your Murano. Enjoy your new ride and vow to thoroughly research your purchase or lease prior to visiting any dealers next time.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rgustafs. Nissan just rolled out its lease program on the new 2009 Murano a couple of weeks ago. Through February 2nd, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Murano LE AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00285 and 64%, respectively.

In my opinion, the Honda Pilot is by far the best overall value in terms of leases of SUVs right now. That is the truck that I would go with if I was in the market for a new vehicle at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tigger5753. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Murano LE AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00285 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00285 and 42%. 60 months is way too long to lease any vehicle for.

NMAC's current 39 month, 15k numbers for an '09 Murano SL AWD are .00285 and 54%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00285 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Carman. Thats what I decided to do. You know these dealers are so shifty telling you they will payoff your lease when in essence they are just tacking the remaining payments onto the new vehicle you buy! I'll probably go over my miles. I am at 35,000 and I still have two payments left. I drive it every day to and from work so that stinks but what can you do! :shades:
  • tigger5753tigger5753 Member Posts: 43
    Thanks Car_man....

Does the residual change for 12K per year instead of 15K?

Thanks!
  • 7magic7magic Member Posts: 9
    Car man,
    I have looking at all of your posts. #630 stand out,"With the specials going on this week I can get you down to $398 a month for 39 months on the exact Murano you are looking for with no money down on the lease. Your money factor is 0.000330, Cap cost of $33,204.36, selling cost of $31,599, and a residual of $17,894.40. " I am looking at an 07 sl w/ touring ,leather and dynamic traction control. Msrp about $37600, residual $17700, money factor of .00016, 39 months w 15k/yr.,nothing down, my dealer wants 489/month. 8.25% tax is included in the payment. This is about $100 higher than your price. Is your $398 legit? Time sensitive please respond quickly. Thank you.

Mgcmn
  • rgustafsrgustafs Member Posts: 35
    My brain is with you on the Pilot. I just have to talk myself out of liking the Murano, and the pricing and financing may make that happen. But until then...

What about leasing a Murano through a non-captive finance company? You think they are giving better deals on MF or do they typically follow the lead of the captive finance guys? I qualify for super-preferred financing if that makes a difference.

I am aiming for 09LE with navi and dual moonroof for 12K/36 months, not the 24 months you mentioned. I assume the residial will be different...

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE, ALL!
  • skoobydooskoobydoo Member Posts: 4
    ...I wish I would've found this forum before I leased the car. Now I think I want to get rid of it.

I leased it on Sep 1, 2007.

The vehicle:

Silver 2007 Nissan Murano SL AWD, leather, sunroof, bose.
    (Agreed upon value of the vehicle) is this the MSRP?: $35,550
    Selling price: $33,311
    Title/Req/Aquisition fee: $611.25
    Total Gross Capitalized Cost: $36,543
    Rebate: $500
    Down payment: $3,500 (includes first month payment).
    Residual Value/Purchase Option at end of lease: $16,764 (is this good?)
    Mileage: 12k/year
    Vehicle had 4,984 miles on it at purchase (they used it as the test driving murano).
    Lease terms: 42 months
    Monthly payment: $449.46 (includes sales tax)
    Free maintance is included in the deal.

Thanks for any input.
  • skoobydooskoobydoo Member Posts: 4
    The previous question is for car man. Thanks dude!
    I would not have leased for any more than 36 months. most car warranties are 3 yrs or 36,000. If you keep the car for 42 months you will be without factory warranty for one year and if something goes wrong with the car then you have to fix it and likely buy it at lease end so you dont loose your shirt. Just my opinion.
  • jmpage2jmpage2 Member Posts: 268
    I'm interested in leasing my wife an '09 Murano LE AWD, 36 months, 36,000 mile lease.

The dealer had told me that residual value for this lease would be 59% but I'm skeptical, they did not tell me what the MF would be through Nissan financing.

I get VPP pricing so the cap cost on the vehicle would be close to invoice. Invoice on the base LE + moonroof option would be about $34,000 with an MSRP of about $37,000.

What are the MF and residual for this lease from Nissan? My wife's current lease is not up until May, so hopefully some improved promotions become available from Nissan financing.
  • azpackfanazpackfan Member Posts: 2
    I received the following quote
    SL/FWD/Prem Package/Leather Pkg/Tech Pkg/Moonroof/splash guards/floor mats/cargo net/roof rail cross bars/ Platinum Graphite w/Black int

MSRP $34825 Selling price $32169
    24 month lease with $5K down
    Lease payment = $480.23 including tax

36 month lease with $5K down
    Lease Payment = $484.70 including tax

I would appreciate any feedback on these quotes.
    Lease payments on the Murano appear to high right now. You could lease an entry level MDX for under $600 a month with no money down. You should never put money down on a lease as all you are doing is making payments in advance and if the car was totalled or stolen you would never get that down payment back from insurance.

Hopefully this spring and summer inventory will start to build and we will see Nissan offer some more attractive lease deals on the '09 MO.
  • therose400therose400 Member Posts: 20
    What should the residual and money factor be on an '09 SL with only the Leather Pkg and moonroof as options? Thanks for your response!
  • 09muranosales09muranosales Member Posts: 16
    For every $1000 you put down or don't put down on a lease, adjusts the payment about $30 a month. The 2009 Murano is a premium SUV, has the VQ Engine, which "is" one of the Top 10 best engines in the world, and now officially the safest SUV getting TOP PICK for safety by the IIHS. I think paying taxes up front is a great idea. The best lease deals on this are at 39 months.

You can do a lease with Nissan from 12,000 to 25,000 miles PER YEAR!! The difference from 12 to 15 is only $11 or so.
    Since all you do on here day in and day out is push the Murano (astro turfing) let's talk shop a bit, shall we? The residual on the '07 Murano at this time during the model introduction was about 55% and money factor was similar (or better) to what it is now even though interest rates have fallen.

Putting money down on a lease is STUPID. You are effectively making "payments in advance" to try to get a lower monthly payment. You will never see this money again if the car is lost or totalled. Only suckers look at their monthly payment number when making a car buying decision.

You can look at leasing two ways. It lets people drive a car they can't really afford, or it lets people who CAN afford to buy the car but would choose to do other things with their money, drive a nice car every few years. Every sales person that I run into insists leasing is a great deal because it makes THEM more money as that customer will be back again and again to lease new vehicles.... assuming they don't go over mileage cap and end up owing too much at lease end that they have to purchase the car outright.

If Nissan wants to move more Muranos they will bump the residual on all models to 55% or better and they will drop their money factor to .0002. This would allow for lease payments on Muranos of $400-$500 per month with no money down, depending on model and negotiated cap cost.

If Subaru can do a .00175 residual and 56% residual on an Outback and Acura can do a 57% residual and .002 money factor on an MDX, then Nissan can do better than 50% residual and .00285 money factor if they want these cars to sell.
  • mikefurmmikefurm Member Posts: 6
    Dear Carman:

Desperatly need your opinion and advice.
    I have been offered a lease for 2009 MURANO SL AWD with following options:
    Premium Package, Leather package plus small stuff like Roof Rack, Splash guards, Floor mats for $30856, which is $350 over invoice. Seems like not a bad price, so I desided to lease, given, as the dealer offered: 36 mo., 12 K,
    Interest rate of 2.68%, which makes MF=0.00112 and Res. value - 53%.
    (Finansial Manager said this lease program was just offered by UBS bank).
    After crunching the numbers the result was: $513/mo (I`m rounding to the nearest $) with &2864 out of pocket (includes: 1st Paym., $108-Title & Registr., $1095-Bank Aquis. Fee and $1148-Down Payment). I think, that is all info I have.
    It seems to me the montly payment is awful hi, because when I tried to calculate
    using Edmunds Lease Payment Calculator it gave me $422/mo; and with $0.00
    Down Paym. - $457/mo ($1660 out of pocket). All taxes and interest included in
    monthly payments
    Why is there such a big difference, who is right?
    Why is Bank fee so unusually hi?
    This dealership is located in Queens , NY.
    I`m also trading in my 2004 MURANO SL AWD, 44.5K miles, with all options, except NAV., in good condition - for $15400.
    Thanks in advance; All opinions and suggestions are welcome
This discussion has been closed.