Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• wtywty Member Posts: 4
    I thought Nissan was providing a few thousand dollars in incentives to move the 2006. The $33,435 price seems not to include the incentive, just a negotiated sales price. Without the year end incentive, might as well get a 2007. Anybody know how much the dealers are getting to move the 2006's.
  • ec99ec99 Member Posts: 4
    Asked dealer for an 06 Pathfinder SE 4x4 with Comfort and Premium package. MSRP is 33,625, selling price is 31,059. Dealer quoted me a money factor of 00029 for a 39 month lease, 12k miles per year, 0 down. Is this a good deal and how can I calculate the monthly payments based off of this? Thanks much!
  • nomatternomatter Member Posts: 36
    ec99, I think your payment should be around 375+tax. This is including $550 Nissan's acquisition fee, $599 dealers' fee and
    $18157 residual. The residual amount should have been given to you by the dealer.
    Thanks nomatter! I'll try to find the residual out, what the dealer was quoting me for that lease ($31,059 selling price, 0 down, 12k miles, .00029 money factor) was $429 per month plus tax - not sure how they are getting that number when you're getting $375. I replied and asked for a lower selling price and to give me the residual info. So just to sum up, and thanks for the education, it's always in my best interest to find a lower money factor and higher residual? Thanks again for your help.
    ec99, yes, lower money factor and higher residual is what you want.

Money factor is published by the bank that you are leasing through and I believe the lowest possible money factor you can get from Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. is .00029. Dealers often mark money factors up to add additional, hidden profits.

Residual value varies depending upon how long you lease the truck for. I do not know exactly NMAC's residual value for a 2006 Pathfinder SE 4x4, but I am guessing it is 54% of MSRP
    or $18157 in your case. If I use 53% residual, then I would expect your payment to be around $385+tax. The numbers I was given for 06 Pathfinder SE 4x2 were 0.00029 MF and 53% residual.

At signing, you would have to pay first payment, security deposit (if required), and title/license fees.

You might want to ask them what the adjusted capitalized cost is as well. I have used 31059 selling price + 550 Acq fee + 599 Dealers fee - 0 Down = 32208.

Good luck.
    Thanks nomatter, this forum is great! I appreciate your help.
  • kristytkristyt Member Posts: 10
    I went to the dealer today and they did not quote me anything near what I expected. They were in the $500.00 range. I was expecting $305.00 plus tax. They would not tell me the money factor or residual so I left. Any ideas on how I should handle that in the future?
    kristy, I have a feeling they have used the MSRP price, and not the negotiated selling price, in their calculations. They should use the negotiated selling price. If they did not tell you the money factor and residual, I'd say you did the right thing by leaving. How is your credit rating? Did they check your credit history? If you have good credit (720+), you should be able to get the best rates.
  • bsh88bsh88 Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone tell me exactly how NY calculates a lease. I have the initial offer in hand from the dealer. The dealer tells me that the state of NY gets the sales tax up front and is inclulded in the Cap Costs. I can't make sense of this. Can anyone tell me how this is done based on the following:

MSRP 30005

Sell price 31900

Adj Cap Cost 32521.06. This appears to include the $550 aq. fee +101.06 gov fee - $30 first year fees.

Cap Cost of 32521.06
    + Sales Tax 1428.94
    - Cap Reduction 2535.48
    = Net Cap 31414.52

Residual @ 52% = 17162.60
    Term Depriciation = 14251.92
    Monthly 365.43
    Lease Charge = 14.09
    Payment = 379.52

I can't figure out how to re calculate this if Invoice was used at 30276 and 0 cap reduction. There is no dealer fee only a $55 doc fee.
    bsh88, is your MSRP 30005 or 33005?

EDIT: Some states like Illinois, Ohio, New Jersey and Texas, collect sales tax on the lease upfront, while others, like Florida, and Georgia, collect sales tax on a monthly basis. I've read that in New Jersey, you have a choice of paying up-front taxes on either the full purchase price or the total of lease payments. I do not know much on NY or NJ sales tax law, maybe someone else can confirm this.
    Sorry. The MSRP = 33005 and the MF is .00029.

Thanks for the help. It doesn't seem to matter how I do the calculation, I can't come up the sales tax figure they gave.

Thanks again.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    NY.. I think they charge sales tax on the entire payment.. So... payment X term X tax% = Total tax.. Then, that amount is collected upfront..

I tried to re-create your payment from the figures given, but I get a payment $30/mo. higher... So, something doesn't look right..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• michele302michele302 Member Posts: 8
    Nomatter...sorry for my delayed response.

I realized that I typed the MF and Residual incorrectly - I didn't mean to say that the MF would equal the Residual percentage - sorry.

Well, I am supposed to meet with the dealer tonight - but I did find out that they only have '06 LE's, they haven't gotten their inventory of '07's in yet {which I think is strange}. I did let him know I was interested in the '07, but might be able to work out a better deal with the '06.

I will find out the MSRP and Selling price/Cap cost that they used to figure out their $498 price, as well as whether it is a 2x4 or 4x4.

I will post tonight after meeting with them. I will also use your MF and Residual numbers - do you know if there is much of a difference between the '07 MF and Residuals you provided of .00029 and 53% and whatever the '06 would be?

Again, thank you for all of your assistance regarding this. I do appreciate it.
    Michele, good luck with your meeting. My deal for 06 Pathfinder SE 4x2 was $127 below invoice including dealers fee, excluding $550 Nissan's acq fee. I thought it was an OK deal for South Fl.

For 39mo/12Kmi lease I was given 0.00029 MF and 53% residual. For 15Kmi, the numbers would have been 0.00029 and 52% (1% less).

I am guessing for 07 models residuals would be 1% higher, 54% for 12Kmi and 53% for 15Kmi. Then again, this is just my guess. 0.00029 MF corresponds to 0.7% interest rate, I do not know if Nissan would provide the same rate for 07 models. Maybe someone in this forum knows exactly what
    these numbers are for 07 models.
    I went to another dealer yesterday and leased an '06 Nissan Pathfinder LE. The final price including tax was $351.00. I feel like I got a great deal. thanks for all of your help nomatter. I couldn't have done it without you.
  • wtywty Member Posts: 4
    Anybody have a good experience with a New York dealer?
    Hi Kristy. Glad I could help. Enjoy your new Pathfinder :)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, nomatter. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00029 and 53%, respectively. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $31,000, and a selling price of $28,000, I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $310.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • sitara24sitara24 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Kristyt,

I am in the market for leasing a 06 LE. Yours was a great deal, did you put any money down, was it a 36 or 39 month, and what is your yr mile?

Please let me know, it would be a great help.
  • michele302michele302 Member Posts: 8
    Nomatter...thanks, again.

I ended up going with another dealer. Got things in the works last night - left the downpayment of $850 {that's the agreement} and all I am putting down for the truck. The dealer is trying to find the color I want - Granite for '06 Pathfinder LE w/Nav. The one he thought he had ended up being a dealer demo and they weren't comfortable since they didn't know the condition of the car and would rather havae me in a new one. If he can't find the Granite, I told him Silver would be ok. Payment of $459 p/mo incl. tax. Didn't sign any of the papers yet - just the credit app {which was standard}, but I already had my pre-approval from Nissan & when the dealer saw what my pre-approval amount was, he said you have this much...why did you beat me up so much..LOL I said just 'cause it says that much doesn't mean I want to pay that!!! LOL :P

I was hoping to have the truck tonight, but...still waiting.

I feel like a horrible Mom, but my son, who's 8, has been wanting a truck for forever. I told him it's between another Maxima or the truck - whichever they give me the best no.'s on - he thinks it's gonna be the Max...I just wanna surprise him :)

Anyway, thanks again and good luck with your new Pathfinder.
    Here you go, Doug. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00029 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 Pathfinder LE 4WD are .00029 and 50%. I posted these trucks' 39 month programs because they are MUCH more attractive than their 36 month programs. The $500 customer cash that Nissan is providing on the '06 Pathfinder right now is not compatible with NMAC's special lease program. However, Nissan is providing its dealers with $500 "sell down certificates" for remaining 2006 model year trucks that dealers have in inventory. Taking this $500 into account, you should be able to lease an '06 Pathfinder at pretty close to dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi twinbladesz. You can lease a Nissan for 60 months if you really want to, but that is really too long to lease for. A lot can happen during the course of a 60 month lease to make one want to get out of it early, which is usually very expensive to do. For example, you could just get sick of your vehicle, your family needs could change, your commute could change causing you to go way over your mileage allowance. Furthermore, Pathfinders only come standard with a 3 year / 36,000 basic warranty. If you lease one for 60 months and something that is not powertrain-related breaks you will have to pay out of your own pocket to have it fixed. One of the nice things about leasing for 36 to 39 months is that any problems that your vehicle has will be covered under warranty. Not to mention the fact that Nissan's money factors are much more attractive for 39 month terms than they are for 60 month terms.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Kristy. There's nothing wrong with trading in your minivan when leasing a new vehicle. However, it is in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making down payments on leased vehicles. The main reason why I do so is if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. If you really want to put the proceeds from your trade towards your lease, you would have to subtract the trade-in value that you are given for it from the selling price of your new vehicle.

You can find out how lease payments are calculated by checking out the following articles: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be like on this truck right now. Nissan's most attractive lease program on it is currently 39 months. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD with an MSRP of $36,545 and a selling price of $33,298 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $401.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello wty. You never mentioned the selling price of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the truck that you are interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Unfortunately, wty, you are mistaken. Nissan is not providing thousands of dollars in incentives on the 2006 Pathfinder. It currently is only providing $500 customer cash on this truck. Not only that, but this cash is not compatible with its special lease program. The only other cash incentive that is available on the 2006 Pathfinder right now is the $500 "sell down" certificates that Nissan is giving its dealers on select leftover 2006 model trucks. With this dealer cash you should be able to negotiate a selling price that is right around dealer invoice if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for this truck lately: "Nissan Pathfinder: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ec99. You can use the formula that is outlined in the following article to calculate your vehicle's lease payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is right in line with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate for it. This is always a good thing. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks reasonable to me as well. It's dealer invoice is probably around $30,800 and change. If so, this means that the price that you were quoted is only a couple hundred dollars over invoice.

Both of the main profit centers for dealers, this truck's money factor and selling price look good to me. Let me know if you need any help calculating its lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Sitara24,
    I did not put any money down. Just the first months payment. It is a 39 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. Hope that helps,
    kristyt
  • wvualum1994wvualum1994 Member Posts: 2
    Sticker price 28630

lease 39 months / 15,000 yr

0 down - 358 tax included

Does this sound right? good deal? I think it sounds pretty good.
    Thanks
    I got a lease on a 2006 LE 4WD with an MSRP of a little over 36,000 for $351.00 with tax. No money down. I think they are charging you too much. What is the negotiated price of the vehicle? Don't pay the full MSRP for a lease.
    kristyt
  • wvualum1994wvualum1994 Member Posts: 2
    Was that for 15,000 miles a year/ 39 months
    I got 12,0000 miles per year at 39 months.
    kristyt
  • sasukesasuke Member Posts: 77
    wow, that deal is amazing. I was offered 394/month for 39 months, not including taxes..taxes up front..where did you get this deal?
    Last week I leased a Pathfinder SE with Comfort, Premium, and Leather for $370.00 per month for 39 months @ 15000 miles a year. The MSRP was over $34000 and I paid $2500 down which paid the tax, Aq fee, plates, and doc fee. I offered them $365 per month, which would have been invoice price, and they came back at $370. $300 over invoice seems fair to me.
    My negotiated price for a Pathfinder SE with Comfort and Premium was 27800. MSRP was 31000. They added 499 dealers fee and 550 bank fee. It seems it is impossible to negotiate them out in S.Fl. With 0 down, my monthly payment is 350, tax included. I just paid first months and DMV fees upfront. This is for 39mo/12Kmi lease.
    I got the deal from a Joh Elway dealer in Colorado. They still have 30 Pathfinders on the lot. Maybe they really wanted to move them. Good luck. kristyt
  • bmw3434bmw3434 Member Posts: 64
    Hello.

Just need the base money factor and 15K mile residual on a 2006 Pathfinder S Model.

Thanks in advance

bmw3434
    I live in NYC and got this offer for an 06' Pathfinder LE:

MSRP: 36,625
    Residual: 51%
    Money Factor: .00029
    Monthly Payment: 406.70 (not inc. taxes)
    0 down, only taxes and 1st month due at signing: 1735.08
    12k Miles
    What do you guys think?
    sasuke, what is the selling price? It looks like it is around 34000 including all fees. I do not know about others but I'd say it is a good deal.
    On the paper, it says "Purchase Option", if that's what selling price is, is 18,828.75
  • phantom5phantom5 Member Posts: 22
    hi luis from northern nj. Trade in a audi a4 with 64k and i owe 14800 on the car, looking to lease a 06 pathfinder with comfort and leather pacakge.Im on the low six on my credit score. The deales was asking for high five on the payment on the lease with 39mo. lease. msrp 34659 on the pathfinder. what should i expect on a lease payment? thank u 4 ur time
  • jkdcranejkdcrane Member Posts: 1
    I am looking into leasing an 06 Pathfinder LE w/ DVD system. Sticker price is around $38,882. I am having them buy out my lease on an 04 VW Touareg. The amount of the buyout is just under $22,000.
    They are quoting me a 39 month lease 12,000 miles with no money down, only 1st payment and license transfer at $598/mo. This seems high to me, what should I be aiming for? Thanks, jkdcrane
    sasuke, 18,828.75 is the amount you can buy the car for at the end of the lease, if you decide you want to purchase the car. It includes a $150 purchase fee that Nissan charges. On the paper, is there an entry for gross capitalized cost or adjusted capitalized cost? Also, is this for a 4x2 LE with navigation?
    It's the 4x4 LE with No Nav..

and no, there's no entry for those..just the MSRP, money factor and residual that I got.
    sasuke, I have a feeling they are selling it $100 over invoice (at around $33950), including the bank fee and the DMV fees. I'd say it is a good deal.

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD
    FLOOR MATS & CARGO MAT (5-PIECE SET)
    SUNROOF WIND DEFLECTOR
    MSRP: $36,625
    INVOICE: $33,849
    jkdcrane, the MRSP I get for 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD w/DVD, floor mats & cargo mat, splash guards, and sunroof wind deflector is $38,365 (notice the difference with yours). The invoice is $35,345. The money factor and residual are .00029 and 50% for this model. Assuming they will sell it at invoice, with $0 down, I would expect a pre-tax monthly payment of $470.
    Thanks...I'm gonna try to get them to go from 406 to 390 a month..would make me feel better lol
    For the Pathfinder LE, Black on Black..I got a quote for $385 a month, 0 down except taxes, plates and NISSAN AQUISTION FEE? What is an aq fee? Can I get out of that you think?
    sasuke, the acquisition fee of $550 is charged by Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. for doing the paperwork on every vehicle that it leases. I do not think dealers have the authority to waive this charge, but you can negotiate with them to cut the price that they are charging you by $550.
  • jslandersjslanders Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease a 2007 Pathfinder SE 4x2 with SE Comfort, SE Premium, and Leather Package. The dealer has given me a price of 27,999 + TTT. Taxes are 7% tag is $45. What can i expect to pay for a lease on this? My credit rating is a 630. I live in Georgia. Any assistance would be appreciated.
  • illinisigillinisig Member Posts: 3
    Hey Carman,

What is current MF and Residual for a 2006 and 2007 Pathfinder SE 4WD on a 36 and 39 month lease with 15,000 miles/year?

MF/Residual 2006 (36 Month) = ?
    MF/Residual 2006 (39 Month) = ?
    MF/Residual 2007 (36 Month) = ?
    MF/Residual 2007 (39 Month) = ?
This discussion has been closed.