Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi shark6996. You never mentioned the selling price of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

For now I can tell you that $3,500 is too much money to pay at signing for a lease. It is in your best interest not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make large cap cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jhauck1622jhauck1622 Member Posts: 5
    What are the current money factor and residual values for a 2007 Pathfinder LE lease - 39 months?

Anyone know when the 08's will hit the lot?

Thx.
  • jackel142jackel142 Member Posts: 47
    Got an LE with Nav last month for $489.00/month, tax included with a total of $1k down. 15k per year.
    Sticker was 39,???.
    I was holding out for a V8, but was told 6 months before the dealerships will see them. I'm happy with the 6.
  • mwmakingmwmaking Member Posts: 1
    Can someone help with the current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease for a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x2 (12,000 and 15,000 miles)? Trying to do a little leg work before heading to the dealer. Thanks!
    I stopped at a dealer yesterday and they quoted me the following:

Pathfinder LE 4x2, 39 month lease

12K miles - 51% residual, .00078 money factor
    15K miles - 50% residual, .00062 money factor

hth
  • 50k50k Member Posts: 10
    I was surprised to find an 08 Pathy at three of my local dealers today. The salesman said they came in un-announced.

They were not suppose to be in until August.

Nissan tells me that an 08 lease out better than an 07?

Any experiences
    The dealer i went to said he had one 08. It was the v8 model. Same deal, he said they just show up randomly mixed in with the 07's. Said they wouldn't be budging much on the price. Maybe he just wanted to move an 07 off his lot or not.

Anyone care to share their recent lease experience on an 07 LE?
  • parkrangerparkranger Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I have a noob question about pathfinder lease. Is lease qualified for those "cash back to customer" rebates? '07 Pathfinder has like $2,000 cash back, which can change my lease payment a lot.

Thank you
    PR
  • jackel142jackel142 Member Posts: 47
    I don't think Nissan motor credit is yet accepting the rebates for the lease, but what I found was "other lenders" that the dealer may deal with will accept them for leases, and it does make a major difference in the payment.
  • ocanycocanyc Member Posts: 3
    2007 Pathfinder LE.

taxes,dmv,first payment down = $2200.

Monthly payments = $474.

Was this a good deal? I surely hope so :)
    I was told the rebate only applies if you purchase through Nissan. In other words it doesn't apply to a lease.

Just picked up an 07 Pathfinder LE:

$0 down
    $460/mo (including tax)
    39 months

And they through in a dvd player.
  • ocanycocanyc Member Posts: 3
    Btw, LE was fully loaded and its a 39 month lease,15000 miles/yr.
  • 50k50k Member Posts: 10
    I had a similar experience. After visiting two Nissan dealers, both had the brainy idea that they could lease me the Pathfinder @ MSRP. Neither would budge on price, I thought toyota was not flexible on price... SUV's in general are down in sales as is Nissan's truck sales for the last 6 mo.
    The average Pathfinder spends 98 days on the lot vs. the industry average of 60 days. What is with these guys ?
    Maybe I will have to look at alternates.
    there is a new man in charge of North American Operations for Nissan, bet that this is his rocket science idea to keep prices up ......
  • bcrandbcrand Member Posts: 2
    Just leased an 07 LE, no nav or DVD, 15k miles/year for $440 down $428/month for 39 months. I had 2 dealers give me the same deal over the phone, neither would budge another cent

gross capitalized cost was $31472 after $595 acq. fee

Thanks to carman and this site for helping me find a great deal.
    Hi jhauck1622. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00040 and 50%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 lease cash that is currently available on it.

The 2008 Pathfinder is scheduled to be one of the first '08 Nissan models. If it isn't at dealers yet, it will be in the near future.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, mwmaking. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00040 and 51%, respectively. This truck's 12,000 mile per year residual value is 1% higher. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 NMAC bonus cash that is available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi parkranger. The $1,500 customer cash that Nissan is currently providing on the 2007 Nissan Pathfinder is not compatible with its special lease program. However, Nissan is providing a special $500 NMAC cash incentive that is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ocanyc. Congratulations on getting your new truck. It would be much easier for me to give you a detailed analysis of the deal that you got if you were able to provide me with your truck's MSRP and selling price. These numbers will show me how much of a discount you were given and they will enable me to use Nissan's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on getting a great deal on your new truck, bcrand. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • magichatofmattmagichatofmatt Member Posts: 2
    Hey everyone,

It's my first time leasing a vehicle. I currently own an 03 Altima SL, fully paid for, that I'll need to sell. Will the dealership take a trade in for a lease, or do I need to sell the car on my own?

I'm looking at a Pathfinder, probably the SE. I just noticed the 08's came out, and my town has a few in stock already. I'm open to the 2007 or 2008, V6 or V8.

Your suggestions on how to obtain the best deal are appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
  • oscarroscarr Member Posts: 4
    I just leased an 07 Pathfinder LE with Navi (sticker price around 39K) with the following deal:

$1000 total at signing
    $418 per month (includes tax of 7% in my county)
    39 months
    12K miles per year

I got mine at Team Nissan in Marietta. Did I get a good deal?
    Welcome Matt. Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You definitely can trade in your current car when leasing a new one. There is nothing wrong with doing so, but it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your Altima rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments when leasing. Those who make them risk losing all or part of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

The best way to get a good deal on a lease is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price. Once you find a price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that gives it to you calculate your truck's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. The Pathfinder's lease program varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. If you let me know what these variables are I will be able to give you an idea of what money factor to expect.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi oscarr. It would be much easier for me to give you my opinion of this deal if you were able to provide me with your truck's selling price. This number will show me how much of a discount you were given on it. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • magichatofmattmagichatofmatt Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_man,

Thank you! I'll read the articles right away. I'll do some more research and get a good idea of what I want to buy. I'm thinking a pretty base V6 SE. Is there a way to get more mileage allowance than the typical 12,000 or 15,000 miles? I plan on driving a lot for business, so I may exceed the 15,000. I realize it will likely add more money to the lease, but that's not a problem.

Thanks,

Matt
    Hi car man:
    The sticker price was $38,875 due to the wheel locks, the sunroof visor, lo-jack, etc that the dealer had added.
    Thanks for the opinion.
  • scottinkyscottinky Member Posts: 194
    Nope, you could have done better, probably by 2-3K. But, if you like the truck,
    enjoy it!
    Sticker price was $38,875
    Cap cost = total price paid was $33,400
  • multiplechoicemultiplechoice Member Posts: 113
    Hi Car_man, I'm looking at the '08 Pathfinder LE V-8 (AWD). Can you tell me what the lease program is on this vehicle is for 36mo. 15K/yr? I'm in southern california. As always, thanks for your help.
  • jdmichjdmich Member Posts: 2
    Is this a good price? I am thinking not because I am seeing leases for the LE above at lower prices.

This is what I was quoted:
    36 month/12,000miles (no dvd) $441.78 with $464.78 due at signing

36 month/12,000miles with dvd $468.36 with $491.36 due at signing

Price of Pathfinder = 31655.00

Money factor = .00025 with a residual of 52%

This is for a fully loaded SE with and without the DVD packages.

If not where should I be? Would it be better to upgrade to the LE?

Thanks.
  • jdmichjdmich Member Posts: 2
    I think I got a pretty good deal. Can Car man or anyone verify and make me feel better?

07 SE, comfort package, premium package and aftermarket DVD installed at dealer.
    MSRP $33,200(before DVD..not sure what that cost)
    Neg price $30,400

$700 due at signing, $404/mo. 12,000 miles/yr 39 mo.
  • vapors1vapors1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello!
    My wife just got a company car, so we've got to eliminate 2 vehicles for 1! We're looking at an '08 Pathfinder LE V8. Is there some good advice, resources or anyone out there that help us figure out the best case scenario with our "realistic" trade values, and what we "should" pay for the Pathfinder? I don't want to get the shaft!
    Pleas help!
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Trade In #1: 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    Mileage: 54,565
    Color: White
    Interior: Beige
    Pay Off: $ 17,927.49
    Non-Smoker, great condition, no dents, dings, scratches

Trade In #2: 2004 Lexus RX 330
    Mileage: 49,528
    Color: Bamboo Pearl
    Interior: Gray
    Pay Off: $27,760.56
    Non-Smoker, great condition, no dents, dings, scratches

DEALER'S RESPONSE:
    I found the vehicle you are looking for. We do not do any business hardly with 2 wheel drives. This pathfinder is a 4x4 white le with caffe latte interior./ It has dvd and nav with floor mats. It has an msrp of 43945 and invoice of 40953. I would be willing to sell it for 500 over invoice. On your trades I will talk to my used car buyer tomorrow and ask him what the values he would be willing to put in them.
  • footwoodfootwood Member Posts: 16
    This is for a Pathfinder the 07 for 36 mos has a res of 52% money factor of .00025 39 mos is 57% .00042

The 08 for 36 mos is 58% and .00177 39 mos is 57% and .00209
  • leejenleejen Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man
    Hey everyone

I got 27,632 Cap Cost
    .00057 Money factor
    53% Residual 39 mo lease on 2007 Pathfinder S 4x2 w/ absolutely nothing in it but mats.
    0 down and 350 a month plus tax. Can i do any better than this? This deal doesn't look too good to me

Also i'm not sure if anybody else asked this, so i apologize in advance. What about lease deals through nissan website with 2,999 down and 289 a month on a pathfinder or 2,999 down and 299 on murano
    The 2008 LE pathfinder with dvd mats and wind defl has a MSRP of 39560.00 and a invoice price of 36618.00 which would make the selling price 36418.00.

36 mos 12k per yr is 548.00 plus tax and mv res is 21758.00 and money factor is .001170

39 mos 12k per yr is 542.00 plus tax and mv res is 21362.40 and money factor is .002090

36 months 21362 residual and monthly payments of $568
    15,000 miles per year on the last payment
  • alliyoungalliyoung Member Posts: 1
    Ok.. Ive never leased a vehicle before, but heres the deal. I currently have a 2005 Nissan Xterra that has 67,000 miles on it. We are about to start a family and would liek to upgrade, but I still owe about 14K on my Xterra. We really liek the Pathfinders. The best they said they could do is 569/month on a purchase. But, they said that we could lease it for 489/month... The MSRP is 29,995. They say that they are paying of my Xterra for me. Are leases a bad thing? Im completely lost! Please Help!
  • yepjimmyyepjimmy Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man,
    Please let me know the current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2007/8 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD with 36k miles/36month lease.
    Thanks a lot!
    You're very welcome, Matt. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Pathfinder SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00025 and 51%, respectively. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that NMAC publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks for the additional information, oscarr. The selling price that you were given on this truck is outstanding. It is below dealer invoice. It looks like you got a good deal to me. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site to share your thoughts on this dealer with everyone.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey multiplechoice. Here's the info that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE V8 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00177 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings jdmich. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Nissan's current buy rate for this truck. That is always a good thing. It is difficult for me to tell whether the price that you mentioned is this truck's MSRP or its selling price, but a base 2007 Pathfinder SE 4WD has a spread of around $2,100 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus, there is $500 NMAC bonus cash on it. This gives you a total of $2,600 to play with. Shoot for a discount of $2,000 or so on the Pathfinder that you want and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    This does indeed look like a good deal, jdmich. Congratulations. Make sure to stop by the new Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site to share your thoughts on the dealer that you leased from with others. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Hello vapors1. Congratulations on your wife getting a company car. While I love cars, my motto has always been a free car is a good car. Having a free one lets you get something that you really like for your second vehicle.

The following articles will show you how to get a good deal on your new lease: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Basically, you want to negotiate as low a selling price as you can on the Pathfinder that you want, and then see what the dealer will give you for your trades. Keeping the transactions separate makes things less confusing. $500 over invoice isn't bad for a lease of an '07 Pathfinder, but keep in mind that it really amounts to $1,000 over invoice once the $500 NMAC bonus cash is taken into account. It wouldn't hurt to try to shave another couple hundred dollars off of this price.

When you trade in your current vehicles, make sure to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in them rather than using the proceeds from them as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leases. Those who make them risk losing part or all them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Once you have arrived at a selling price and trade in values that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using Nissan's buy rate lease money factor. NMAC's current buy rate for a 36 month lease of an '07 Pathfinder is .00025 for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey footwood. The money factors that you were quoted are right in line with NMAC's current buy rates for the Pathfinder.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi leejen. The dealer invoice price for a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder S 2WD with no options but floor mats is only $24,800. As you can see, the capitalized cost that you were quoted is way too high. It looks as though it's even higher than this truck's full MSRP. As you suspected, this is not a very good deal. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Nissan Pathfinder: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". In an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of dealer invoice to $500 over. After the $500 NMAC bonus cash is taken into account, this is more like $500 to $1,000 over invoice.

Like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments, I suspect that the deals that Nissan is advertising on its site aren't terrible, but that they can be beaten by savvy consumers who comparison shop.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello footwood. The selling price that you mentioned is $200 under dealer invoice, which really amounts to $300 over once the $500 NMAC bonus cash that is available on this truck is taken into account. That's a very good deal. The money factors that you mentioned are right in line with NMAC's buy rate for this model as well. This looks like a great lease. If you like the truck, go for it. If you end up taking this offer, make sure to stop by the following discussion to share your thoughts on the experience with everyone: Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome alliyoung. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The most important number to focus on when leasing is your vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around for the lowest possible price on the Pathfinder that you want and then have the dealer that gives you the best price calculate your lease payment using Nissan's buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, yepjimmy. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 2008 model (V6) are .00177 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • no5solono5solo Member Posts: 1
    I recently leased a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder. I wanted to know if I got a good deal. Here is what I got at Weston Nissan, South Florida:

2008 Pathfinder SE With Leather Package & DVD Entertainment System Bose System as well.

36mo.
    675.00 Total Out Of Pocket.
    469.00 Per Month (Tax Included)

Please comment on this deal. Thanks for your input.

Alex
  • ejr1217ejr1217 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2007 Pathfinder Le from a dealership in Massachusetts. The dealer quoted the msrp of $36,880 and dealer cost of 35,000. The lease is for 39 months for $399.00 month with $1776.45 due at signing (tax, title, reg, doc, acq fee, first payment, sticker). Basicly wondering if this is a good deal. i do not plan on purchasing the motor vehicle at the end of the lease. Is gap insurance including in it? thank you
This discussion has been closed.