Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• britinnjbritinnj Member Posts: 2
    Hi Guys. JUst want to check if this is a good deal. I have the offer to lease a Nissan Pathfinder 2007 LE. The only two optional extras are the DVD in the back and the navigation system. I am not interested in the DVD for the rear seats.

I was quoted: 39 month lease, 12,000 miles per year, $380 per month includes tax. Only the inception fees, registration, dealer fee, DMV charge. zero down payment.

This doesn't include navigation. How much extra would that add ?

This is for NJ btw.

I have a Nissan Maxima to get rid of. The dealer said I would get top dollar for it approx $8000. And would also qualify for some Nissan cash back up to $1500.

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you. Nick
  • js76js76 Member Posts: 4
    wow...how much do you owe on your maxima...i have some negative equity to tack on to my lease...sounds like a great deal...what is the dealers name...think i might need to check them out. thanks.
  • mwood1mwood1 Member Posts: 1
    i've been looking for a pathfinder lease for a little while, and settled on one dealership. they offered me this:

MSRP - $33,500

Invoice - $30,500

Sell @ $30,000 (including cashback and college student cashback). This is exclusive for Costco Wholesale Club members. Not sure what the residual on it is, but I had a tradein as well:

2000 Pathfinder SE, Leather, Moonroof, Heated Seats / Mirrors 91,000 miles. They gave me $6,000 for it, and my payoff was $2100

That leaves $3900 less $450 inception fees (tax title reg i think), which leaves me with $3450 roughly. My payment without rolling the $3450 downpayment in was $410ish, and $311 including tax if I put that down.

It has the Luxury and Premium Packages, only major thing is it doesn't have Leather.

Is $311 a good payment? They eat the first payment (there's only 35 payments) and there is no security fee or anything, also a $500 credit for excess wear and tear.

Thanks guys!!
  • vrynicevrynice Member Posts: 22
    Got a price today for a 2008 LE 4x4 every option except for Nav and DVD) in south NJ
    Total out of pocket is 3k (which I think is a little high)
    12k miles per year for 36 months
    $499 including tax
    I still think this is a little high. Any input would help.
  • britinnjbritinnj Member Posts: 2
    thanks for your response

don;t owe anything on the maxima

i am going to the dealership on thursday (i think) so will let you know the outcome

cheers
  • claytonbonjeanclaytonbonjean Member Posts: 1
    Car man,
    I can lease a new 2007 Pathfinder LE 4X4 no nav and no DVD with XM for $500 down and $496 a month total with tax etc. Is this a good deal for Florida. This is the best I have been able to do. Also, 15K miles

Thanks,

Clayton
  • jodymcdjodymcd Member Posts: 1
    I need to get a lease for 12 months. I also need to roll everything into the payment, meaning nothing up front. The only dealer that I've been able to get to do it has offered me this:

$889/mo. with 15,000 miles
    Cap cost: $25,248
    Residual: .79

What should I do? Is this a fair price? As far as I know they're using the 12 month Nissan guidelines that were faxed to them earlier today. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    You'd be way ahead by just buying a slightly used car, then selling it after 12 months... Over $10K to drive a Pathfinder for a year?

Very few banks offer good lease terms for only 12 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• leftylangleftylang Member Posts: 5
    Here is the deal- never neg. a lease so your opinions would be appreciated for the car in the title. This is a 39 month 15k per year lease.

MSRP = 35810
    Invoice = 32,943
    Cap cost = 32,500 - below invoice on an '08
    Fees = 1,600 - tags /acquisition/first month /reg etc.
    Deposit=2,000 - Trade in
    Net Cap cost = 32,100
    MF = .000209 or 1% - This is excellent
    Residual Value = 50% ?? This is what seems odd to me as this value should be 53-56%?
    tax rate = 7% New Jersey
    Monthly with Tax = $411

I tried to get an 2007 with same config but they are all gone in the color pref the wife wants. BTW the Residual for the 07 is the same??. I think this is a good deal but I am concerned about the fees and the Residual value. Any help / advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mwood1. The selling price that you were quoted for the Pathfinder that you are interested in looks very attractive to me. I see that you are considering making a $3,450 down payment on your lease. It would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making down payments when leasing because those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Nissan's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Pathfinder SE 4WD is .00018 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi vrynice. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Clayton. If you have shopped around with a couple of dealers and this is the best that you can do on this truck, it is probably a pretty good deal. Still the best way to analyze it is to take a look at its MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. These numbers will show you just how much of a discount you are being given and if there is possibly any room left for negotiation. Let me know what these numbers are and I will be happy to tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jodymcd. I completely agree with my esteemed co-worker kyfdx. You probably should just pay cash for or finance a used vehicle and them sell it privately or to a dealer after a year. I don't believe that Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp., Nissan's captive finance company, even offers 12 month leases. If it does, I haven't seen one. The shortest NMAC lease that I have seen is 24 months. Perhaps they were able to work up a special 12 month lease for you. Even if they were, leasing a new vehicle for such a short term will be very expensive because new vehicles experience their most rapid depreciation during the first year of ownership. Generally speaking, the longer a lease is, the more payments there is to spread out the large initial depreciation hit out over, and the lower the monthly payment will be.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi leftylang. Since you have never negotiated a lease before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Despite your lack of experience in negotiating leases, it looks like you did a very good job. Not only did you get all of the important information that you need to decide whether this is a good deal, you actually got a good one. A selling price of below dealer invoice is great for a leased 2008 Pathfinder.

The lease program that you were quoted for this truck looks a little strange though. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of an '08 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this program to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • rickabe7rickabe7 Member Posts: 1
    A local dealer is advertising a 24 mo. lease at $99.00/mo. + tax on 08' Pathfinders. Drive off is $3999.00. Would this be considered a decent deal or not?
  • couggatorcouggator Member Posts: 4
    What is the residual and money factor for an '08 SE v6 FWD leather, dvd, third row? 12k miles? 15k miles?

This site is great. Thanks for the help.
    I just leased an '08 Pathfinder with leather, DVD, premium package.

Sales Price $32,681
    Residual 59%
    Money Factor .00110
    12k miles
    36 months
    First payment down
    $419 a month
  • njsknjsk Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_Man, does this sound like a good deal or not ?

08 Pathfinder LE 4WD V6:
    MSRP base $37,000
    Floor & Cargo mats $240.00
    Moonroof deflector $100.00
    Destination $705.00
    MSRP $38,045
    Agreed price $36400.95
    Selling price $38590.47 (Tax,Title,Acq,Doc, and 1st month included)
    Money factor .0016
    Total out of pocket $0.00 (sign and drive)
    Residual value $20163.85 or 53%
    Lease term: 39 mos, 15k miles/year
    Monthly lease pymt $566.49 x 38 which includes everything
  • yepjimmyyepjimmy Member Posts: 7
    Please let me know where did you get this deal.
    I believe it's a great deal.
    Thanks!

(I just leased an '08 Pathfinder with leather, DVD, premium package.

Sales Price $32,681
    Residual 59%
    Money Factor .00110
    12k miles
    36 months
    First payment down
    $419 a month )
  • yepjimmyyepjimmy Member Posts: 7
    Also $419 including tax??
    McKinney, TX. $419 is everything. Only thing I put down was first payment.
  • nyadjnyadj Member Posts: 13
    I live in Long Island and I was looking at a 4WD "S" model tonight. The salesman stated that the residual is 60% and I'm trying to verify, now that we're in October, if this is correct. All the posts in this forum to date are for September. He also told me that the money rate for the 39 month, 12K per/yr lease, is .00135. What I need to know is, are these figures correct?

I may be looking to lease an "SE" model instead. Would the money rate still be the same as quoted for the "S" model, and more importantly, would the residual be the same as an "S" model as well. I'm very curious and just want my math to be correct so I can verify any payments quoted to me. From what I've seen on this forum, the residuals tend to be lower on a percentage basis for the higher priced trim levels and if that's the case, I can't see why. Maybe there is an explanation for it?

Lastly, there is a rebate for purchases, do you think there are factory rebates for leases as well? And if so, how are they applied to a lease? I am assuming they essentially are free down payment money the factory applies to the negotiated capitalized cost, no? Thanks for all your help.
  • douglasnydouglasny Member Posts: 10
    Hello,

What are the money rates and residual on a 2007 Pathfinder S 10,500 miles per year - 39 month lease program

Thanks
  • dwwsdwws Member Posts: 14
    Hi Leftylang:

I am possibly in the market for a 2008 Pathfinder. Do you mind telling me where you leased yours? I am in Manalapan, but I would travel for a good lease deal.

Thanks,

David in NJ
  • douglasnydouglasny Member Posts: 10
    MSRP 29,425 - Pathfinder S + Airbag Package and Mats
    Cap Cost 27,800
    MF .00135
    Residual 60%
    Lease Term - 39 months, 12,000 miles per year
    Fees - 745 Dest, 595 bank, DMV 275, Tax Rate about 7.5%

Downpayment - 640 (1st month & DMV)
    38 remaining payments of 365

Lemme know if you guys think I should hit it

FYI on the 2008 SE model the residual is 54% & money factor is .00135 (same as the S model)
  • nybrokernybroker Member Posts: 25
    David

I am also looking at the Pathfinder dont know if I want to lease or buy depends on the numbers I suppose and am 5 min from Manalapan. Perhaps we can help each other have you bought one yet.

Rob
  • mkill2001mkill2001 Member Posts: 7
    Hey Carman,

I just recently leased a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder with a MSRP of $33,960.00... i paid $4,800 @ signing includes all taxes and all other fees... 15k miles per year for 36 months... $330 per month

Did i get a good deal? (yes, i know i shouldnt have put that much @ signing, but i wanted too anyways- aside from that is it a good deal?)

Thanks in advance!

Mike
  • 06asmsi06asmsi Member Posts: 12
    Just thought I'd post up the deal I got on an 08 Pathfinder S. 269.00 a month for 39 months 12,000 miles a year. First payment and tag fee due at signing. 285.14 a month in Georgia.
    No thoughts on the deal?? any one? car man?
  • wormhole34wormhole34 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I was hoping to get some help. I'm looking to lease a Pathfinder 08 S 4x4 for 39 months, 12,000 miles.

Car man do you know the current money factor and residual value on this vehicle?

Also, is it possible to lower the 12,000 miles to get a better deal. I only average about 9,000 a year.

Any other suggestions, as I have never leased a vehicle before would be appreciated. I have read the articles on edmunds.
    Thanks!
    Hi rickabe7. $99 per month for only two years for a Nissan Pathfinder is pretty hard to believe. Nissan's official advertised lease payment for a pretty basic 2008 Pathfinder (S 2WD) is $249 per month for 39 months with a $2,750 capitalized cost reduction. While it is often possible to beat manufacturers' advertised payments by a little bit, I highly doubt that you would be able to beat it by that much.

I would be happy to use Nissan's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment for the exact Pathfinder that you want would be like right now. I just need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm glad that you like this site so much, couggator. Here is the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 58%, respectively. The residual value for a lease of this truck with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi njsk. I don't know what the exact dealer invoice price is for the truck that you are interested in, but it appears as though you were quoted a selling price of around $1,000 over dealer invoice. That isn't terrible, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition I personally would not be surprised if you were able to shave a couple hundred dollars off of its price. Try stopping by the "Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately.

Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are happy with, have the dealer that gives you it calculate your truck's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 Pathfinder LE V6 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nyadj. The lease money factor and residual value that you were quoted are correct. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 Pathfinder SE V6 4WD is exactly the same, but its residual value is slightly lower at 56%. The $1,750 cash incentive that Nissan is is currently providing on 2008 Pathfinder V6 models is not compatible with this special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, douglasny. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Pathfinder S 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00295 and 48%, respectively. I don't believe that NMAC offers leases with only 10,00 miles per year to Nissan customers.

As you can see, the '07 Pathfinder's lease program is not very good. This is because Nissan is no longer providing lease support on it. That's the bad news. The good news is that this lack of lease support means that you can sue the $3,000 dealer cash that Nissan is currently providing on this truck to negotiate an attractive selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi douglasny. The lease program that you were quoted is right in line with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current numbers for this model. That is a good thing. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks pretty good as well. If you like it, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi, here is the best offer I got so far. Can anyone let me know if I should go ahead with it. Thanks a lot!

2008 Pathfinder S 4x4 Airbag Package and Mats
    39 months, 12,000 miles
    MSRP - $29,380
    Invoice - $27,490
    Cap Cost - $27,564 includes $595 Acq. fee.
    Money Factor - .00135
    Residual Value - 60%

7% tax in my county. Has anyone ever heard of a 3% usage tax? That would make for 10% tax on monthly payments. I'm in Allegheny County, PA.

Thanks for you help.
    Hi Mike. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal. It would be much easier for me to do so if you were able to provide me with your truck's selling price first. This number will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it. Let me know what the selling price is and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wormhole34. Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Basically, the best way to get a good deal on the vehicle that you want to lease is to negotiate the lowest possible selling price on it and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00135 and 60%, respectively. I don't believe that NMAC offers leases with less than 12,000 miles per year, but it wouldn't hurt to ask the F&I person at the dealership that you are working with just to make certain.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again wormhole34. I see that you have now been given an offer on the truck that you are interested in. For someone who has never leased before, you are doing a great job at getting all of the important information that you need to analyze this deal. The selling price that you were quoted looks very attractive to me. Furthermore, the money factor and residual value are right in line with NMAC's current program for this model. This looks like a great deal. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man, thanks for the quick response. I now have the dealer down to a selling price of $26,605 + the $595 destination fee. I'm waiting for a response from him today to see about $26,000 + $595. Either way after hearing from you, I'll go ahead with this deal. Thanks!
    Car man,

I believe the selling price was $30,819.91. The residual is $19,017.60. How did I do?

Thanks!

Mike
  • amg61amg61 Member Posts: 18
    Carman,

Do you have the October numbers for an '08 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD V6? I need the current money factor and residual value numbers for a 36 or 39 month lease with 12,000 or 15,000 miles. Thanks so much. Also, do any of the rebates apply to the lease deals, and do you think any of these numbers will be changing in November (only a week away)?

Thanks !!!!
  • amg61amg61 Member Posts: 18
    Sorry, I meant the '08 Pathfinder LE 4WD V6 numbers, not for the SE version. I see you mentioned the SE version numbers for October already. I was trying to find out the residual value and money factor numbers for the 2008 LE 4WD V6 version with either 36 or 39 months and 12K or 15K miles.

Thanks!!!!!
  • jskidderjskidder Member Posts: 5
    i'm looking for the current residual and money factor for a 24 month 12K mile lease on a 2008 Pathfinder LE 4x4 V8. thanks!
  • linebacker68linebacker68 Member Posts: 5
    My wife and I are looking at either buying or leasing a 2008 SE Pathfinder 4x2 with Premium pkg, mats, deflector.

I'd like to run accurate numbers through the lease calculator. What is the current Nissan money factor and residual % for this model on a 39 month, 12K miles a year lease?

Thanks!!.
  • grramsgrrams Member Posts: 1
    Inquiring about current incentives on the 2008 Pathfinder SE. I am seeing conflicting info regarding $1750 incentive on whether it expired on 12/3/07 or 1/3/08. Does this incentive apply to leases also?

What money factor should I expect on a 36/39 month lease on a new SE?
    What are the residuals for the '08 Pathfinder SE?

Does anybody have any advice or insight on leasing year-olds? i.e. expected Money Factors and residuals
  • linebacker68linebacker68 Member Posts: 5
    The $1750 cash-back doesn't apply to leases or if you opt for the special finance rates.

I'd have to look at my wife's '08 SE (w/ Premium pkg, mats, XM and deflector) V6 2WD lease to be sure, but I think that the residual is 55% (15,000mi/yr, 39 months) and a money factor of .00150.

With a price just under invoice, and a $317 factory warranty extension to 39 months/49,000mi, her lease payment ended up at $428.55 with nothing up front except the first month payment.

She's very happy with the '08 Pathfinder.
  • srbarnes4eversrbarnes4ever Member Posts: 4
    We currently have a 2005 LE 4x4 Pathfinder leased for 39mos/39k miles. The lease expires Sept 2008 and my wife would like to move from a lease to a new vehicle (purchased this time). My question is how to approach this with a dealership so that we don't get shafted too badly. The vehicle is in excellent condition with only 18000 miles on it. The residual value is 22K and payment is $425/mo (tax not included). I'm hopeful -- but not certain -- that with the low mileage it would help reduce the gap between payments remaining (9 @ 425/mo). Can someone advise me how to proceed? The new vehicle would be either an 08 Pathfinder or 08 Armada.
    Thanks in advance!
    Stevie B.
  • sbuhlersbuhler Member Posts: 122
    I would recommend posting detailed information about the vehicle in the Real-World Trade in Values forum to get an accurate trade-in value. If the vehicle is leased through NMAC give them a call (or online) and get a payoff quote. This would give you an idea of how much the difference would be from the payoff to the trade-in value. One sold recently on ebay for 21,000. It was an LE, 4X2, 30K miles for 21,000. My best guess for a trade-in would be about 20,000 or so, but check with the online real-world trade in value forum who can look at the auction reports. You most probably could get an awesome deal on an '08 Armada if you purhcase. Most probably around 76-78% of MSRP if you buy.
This discussion has been closed.