Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• mattywmattyw Member Posts: 6
    Returning a lease requires an inspection.
    On our paperwork from NMAC they are of course offering us incentives to lease a new car.
    In the material they mention a $500 "Owner Loyalty" credit for us.
    I want to be clear here: this is not the same as the $500 so-called wear-and-tear credit is it?
    I want to make sure they don't just "take" the $500.

If we pass the lease return inspection without any actionable exceptions, it stands to reason that the Loyalty Credit is ours to use in the next lease transaction, no?

I was under the impression that the lease inspection transaction was between us and the leasing company, and the dealer has nothing to do with it.

I am concerned that there is some intermingling going on here that is not supposed to happen.

Are we on the right track here?

Thanks!
  • mattywmattyw Member Posts: 6
    Car_man - just got a bunch of email from one of the local dealers (SF Bay Area) and there were a bunch of lease offers, some that looked like pretty good deals.

Nothing on the Pathfinders however. They obviously want to sell Altimas.

The local dealer is whining that Pathfinders, specifically LE's are hard to find. Is this true? Are the SE figures you gave Sprkieee similar to the LE?
    47% residual and .00064 (1.464%)... again, in a conversation with that "whiney" dealer he said the residual on LE's was only 42%. He would not talk money factor, which is odd. He also said there were only 14 LE's in all of California or the Western States. Is this salesman-speak for "I want to sell you something I already have in my lot" or is there a shortage of these?

thx
    Matty
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks Matt. Yes, NMAC's buy rate lease money factor is currently .00061 for all Pathfinder trim levels. NMAC's 36 month, 15k residuals for an '09 Pathfinder LE V6 4WD is 42%. It's one percent higher for the V8. NMAC's 12,000 mile per year residuals are 1% higher than its 15,000 mile per year resids. You can lease this truck for 39 months using the same money factor. Its 39 month factors are 1% lower than its 36 month factors.

The QX56 is a much more expensive truck than the Pathfinder. Infiniti is running a special lease program on it right now, but I suspect that it will be much more expensive to lease than a Pathfinder would be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi rmlinn. In order to determine whether you should purchase your Pathfinder at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your truck's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through, NMAC, just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

If your truck's purchase option price is lower than or close to what you would have to pay for a similar used one on the open market, then you may want to consider buying your truck at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mattyw. A number of manufacturers...including Nissan, have dramatically cut their production levels. As a result, an inventory situation that was out of control when the economy fell off of a cliff is now much more manageable. It would not surprise me if the Pathfinder was one of the models that Nissan stopped producing for a while and as a result certain trim levels of it were relatively difficult to find.

Having said this, there is a ton of competition out there. I wouldn't let any dealer use the fact that a particular Pathfinder trim level might be in relatively short supply to scalp me on the truck's selling price. If they weren't willing to sell me a Pathfinder for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice, I would either comparison shop with another dealer or go with a different truck.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder LE V6 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 42%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • danf1222danf1222 Member Posts: 11
    Car_Man, we have been exploring our options for a new truck and are also looking into the Pathfinder LE. Do you know if the $2500 cash to customer incentive available on leasing as well?

I tried to calculate a ballpark lease figure for a 2009 V6 LE 4WD with Moonroof on a 39 month lease with 12K per year.

The figures I used were as follows:
    MSRP: $40,310 (with desination charge)(figure taken off Edmunds.com site)
    Offer: $34,955 (this is the TMV after $2500 cash to customer incentive)
    Residual: 42%
    MF: .00061 (is this still the MF for July)
    NYS Tax: 8.625%

I calculate that this lease with minimal down payment will run ~ $535 per month x 39 months. Are my calculations correct and is this attainable? I guess it all depends on whether the $2500 applies (if it does not, it would seem that purchasing the truck makes more sense).

Thank you for your input.
    Hi danf1222. Unfortunately, the $2,500 cash incentive that Nissan is currently providing on the 2009 Pathfinder is not compatible with its special lease program. However, through July 8th, Nissan is providing a special 4th of July bonus cash incentive that is. As a result, your calculations are off.

Car_man
    Host
  • jsp01jsp01 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me the current money factor and residual on a 2009 SE? I am interested in a 39mo. lease with 12K mi. per year. Also are there any dealer or customer incentives on Pathfinders that can apply on a lease?
    Here you go, jsp01. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00061 and 42%, respectively.

Unfortunately, Nissan is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • sysadmnjsysadmnj Member Posts: 1
    This question is for anyone that knows and can help me better prepare. I have a 39 month lease with 15,000 milers per year. I recently moved further away and now I am putting more miles for work. I would say I have about 3-4 months before I reach the allowed 48,000 miles in my lease and have to pay over mileage after that.

I kind of figured that when I reach near 48,000 miles I'll have 9 lease payments left. I'd like to know what to expect from the dealers. What is the best case scenario I can get out of getting another Nissan vehicle. Is there a lease that allows 20,000 or even 25,000 miles per year? Since I will be putting this many miles would I be better off buying the vehicle? I've never financed a vehicle, always liked trading it in for a new one? If I was to finance for 60 months, would I be able to trade the car in for a new vehicle in 36 or 48 months, or this isnt suggested? Any info on what I should do or help me decide would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Hi sysadmnj. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. leases vehicles with. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is cheaper to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

As far as your current lease goes, if you know that you are going to go way over your vehicle's mileage allowance call the bank that you are leasing it through ASAP to see if you can still purchase additional miles at a discounted rate. Some banks will let lessees do so as long as they call early enough. Buying extra miles at a discount now is better than waiting until the end of your lease and having to pay a huge excess mileage penalty.

In terms of your next vehicle, you definitely can finance it for 60 months and trade it in on something new after 36 or 48 months, but...if you don't make a decent down payment there is a chance that you will be upside down (owe more on your vehicle than it is worth as a trade) when you try to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
  • dolphin5dolphin5 Member Posts: 80
    Car_man, can you please provide the 36 month, 15000 miles/year lease numbers, resid & mf, for the 2009 and 2010 V6 4x4 LE Pathfinder. I'm located in the ny metro area. Do you know if there's any lease cash available for either the 2009 or 2010 models?

Thanks
  • rxsamgrxsamg Member Posts: 5
    I have a deal on the table that I'm planning on accepting on Monday unless I hear I can do better, anyone with input, please feel free:

2009 Pathfinder S 4x4 MSRP $30,230
    Residual 42%
    39 month lease 12k mi
    ZERO DOWN
    Due at inception: 1st month payment
    Monthly payment INCLUDING TAX (NJ 7%): $379

Honestly I'd prefer getting back into an SE 4x4 (My 06's lease is ending in few wks - it was nicely equipped -bose,sunroof,convenience stuff - $375/month) BUT I can't seem to get anything below $459 on a $33,550 MSRP - same lease conditions as above. Unfortunately it looks like i"ll getting less car for basically same as my existing lease.

Interestingly enough, a comparable Honda Pilot (to the base S pathfinder) was no less then $480 when trying to do the same lease!
    Here you go, dolphin5. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder LE V6 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00023 and 41%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00107 and 45%, respectively.

Nissan is running a special tent sale from now through October 18th that provides an additional $500 on Pathfinder models. Other than that, there's no cash support on leases of the Pathfinder right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • rxsamgrxsamg Member Posts: 5
    UPDATE #'s to below:
    I have a deal on the table that I'm planning on accepting on Monday unless I hear I can do better, anyone with input, please feel free:

2009 Pathfinder S 4x4 MSRP $30,230 Cap cost: $28,049
    Money Factor 0.00023 - Residual 42% ($13,603) -WHY does 42% not match $?
    39 month lease 12k mi
    ZERO DOWN
    Due at inception: 1st month payment
    Monthly payment INCLUDING TAX (NJ 7%): $379

Honestly I'd prefer getting back into an SE 4x4 (My 06's lease is ending in few wks - it was nicely equipped -bose,sunroof,convenience stuff - $375/month) BUT I can't seem to get anything below $459 on a $33,550 MSRP - same lease conditions as above. Unfortunately it looks like i"ll getting less car for basically same as my existing lease.

Interestingly enough, a comparable Honda Pilot (to the base S pathfinder) was no less then $480 when trying to do the same lease!
  • ep1141ep1141 Member Posts: 14
    Car man do you know the MF and residual for a 2010 LE pathfinder?
    I certainly do, ep1141. Here you go.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder LE V6 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00071 and 44%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • brendanwpbrendanwp Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man - you provide a great service! I am researching a few cars for my dad and want to make sure he gets the best deal. It seems that for more expensive cars the MF/residuals are all over the web, but when it comes to Nissan, Toyota, ect they are hard to find.

Can you get me the MF/Residual on a Pathfinder S and SE, 10k miles, 24 and 36 mths?

Thanks in advance.

Brendan
  • sellinginnjsellinginnj Member Posts: 1
    Car man,

Can you please let me know the MF and residual for a 2010 S and SE Pathfinder.
    12,000 miles, 39 months.

Thank you,
    Denise
    Thanks Brendan. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder S 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00071 and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 Pathfinder SE 4WD are .00071 and 48%.

I only provided you with the 3-year programs because Nissan isn't providing support on 2-year leases any longer.

I'm not sure if NMAC offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Nissan division vehicles, but if it does its residual values for them are likely 1% higher than its 12,000 mile per year resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Denise. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder S 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00071 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Pathfinder SE 4WD are .00071 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The residuals are dismal but the money factor is good. You need to get a great discount off msrp to make these attractive.
  • bhammer1bhammer1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi - I have a Nissan Pathfinder SE with leather, CD and sunroof - am paying $420 per month. Nissan is now telling me that I can only get leather and sunroof in an LE which would bring my payment up to $600 (ballpark) per month. My lease expires this month. Is this true? Do I have any hope of getting a payment even close to what I am paying now on a car equipped the way my current SE is for a 39 month lease no money down? Thanks!
    HI bhammer1. Much to their dismay, like you many consumers are finding that it is much more expensive to lease many vehicles, particularly large SUVs, today than it was several years ago. This is because for years banks were overestimating vehicles' residual values, essentially undercharging lessees for the depreciation that their vehicles experienced.

Flash forward to last year when many of these vehicles started coming back off lease. In many instances, they weren't worth anywhere near what banks had been estimating. This caused many banks to take millions and millions of dollars in losses. Not surprisingly, many banks are being much more conservative in their residual value estimates today, making it more expensive than it used to be to lease certain vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • jl49jl49 Member Posts: 33
    Hi Carman, Do you know what the money factor is for a 2010 Pathfinder SE w/ Premium Journey Package? It's for a 12k miles lease for 39 months.
  • kcourtneyjrkcourtneyjr Member Posts: 1
    2010 S 4x4 pathfinder

12k miles per year
    39 months
    .00210 money factor
    52% residual
    30395 msrp
    28491 invoice
    $3k down

dealer quoted 345 per month before TTL.
    The residual you were quoted is good, but the money factor is way too high. It should be .00107

For 39 mos with 12k/miles per year, I got a quote of $430/mo with no money down, just first month payment & DMV charges due at inception. And that's with a 50% residual.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jl49. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00107 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • cpj15cpj15 Member Posts: 38
    I have a lease on a Pathfinder ending soon, and I am considering again leasing a Pathfinder. I noticed on Edmunds that there is currently a $2500 cash rebate program, as well as a $1000 - $2000 lease loyalty program. Are these rebates available for leasing purposes (to lower the cap cost), or are they only available for purchases? If they are available, does anyone know whether they can be combined? Thanks in advance.
    I meant to include this in the question above, but forgot. If the current rebate programs do not apply to lease deals, what is currently a good lease price (in relation to invoice) for an SE model? Thanks again.
    Thanks Carman. Seems like they pretty much kept it the same as last month.
    No problem, jl49.

Car_man
    Host
  • jimmyd7jimmyd7 Member Posts: 1
    My Pathfinder has 38,000 miles, is in very good condition and the lease ends in July, with a residual value is $18,160. Would it make sense to purchase this vehicle, since I know it was well taken care of, or look for a different used vehicle elsewhere? Can I negotiate a lower price, or must I pay the residual price? If I purchase this one, do I have to pay sales tax again?
    edited February 2010
    Hi jimmyd7. In order to determine whether you should purchase your Pathfinder at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your truck's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

If your vehicle's purchase price is less than or similar to its current value on the open market then you may want to consider buying it. If not, walk away.

Car_man
    Host
    What are the current money factor and residual for a 2010 SE with 15,000 miles per year? Thanks in advance.
    Hi Carman,

Has the lease program improved this month for a 39 month lease of the 2010 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year. The money factor of .00107 and residual of 48% have been the same for January & February - has anything improved at all?

Thx.
    Here's the info that you're interested in, cpj15. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Nissan is providing cash incentives on leases of this truck in some areas. I would be happy to tell you what's available in your neck of the woods if you tell me what state you're in.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jl49. NMAC's program for the Pathfinder is basically the same in March as it was in January and February. Its money factor is exactly the same and its 39 month, 12,000 mile per year residual for a '10 Pathfinder SE 4WD is 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the information. I am in New York.
  • rdelgado13rdelgado13 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

I do not see much talk about LE, so I will ask my question and hope you can help. I am considering leasing an LE 2WD. As far as terms, I have read that the best out there is 39 months and 15K miles. I am not that picky on months or miles. please advise what is providing the beast deals this month, as I need to get it in 2 weeks. Also should I look at the AWD vs the 2WD, those it make leasing sense?

Thanks for your help I am looking for some clarity.

Rdelgado
  • rdelgado13rdelgado13 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Does nissan allow you to residualize leather or TV after market. What guidelines does Nissan set for after market residualization. Thank you in advance.

Please advise.
    You're welcome, cpj15. You're in luck, New York is one of the states that the $750 cash incentive on leases is available in. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Rdelgado. If I lived in an area where it snowed then I'd definitely go with the AWD Pathfinder. If it never snows where you live, you're probably fine with just the 2WD version.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder LE V6 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    That's a very good question, rdelgado13. I don't know the answer for certain, but my gut tells me that NMAC probably does not allow the residualization of aftermarket options.

Car_man
    Host
  • confused321confused321 Member Posts: 6
    How does the deal change if I want 15,000K miles on my lease and the dealer wants to do 12,000K to do the deal. Do this change the Residual percent? Thanks
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited May 2010
    confused321,

Residuals reflect the estimated wholesale value of the vehicle at the end of the lease. Finance captives (e.g., IFS) will often inflate residual factors for competitive reasons. The residual factors are established by the fund provider (or their residual insurance carrier in the case of banks) and so the dealer has no control over these. Usually, residual factors are computed based on some predetermined level of standard mileage usage (e.g., 12,000 miles). That predetermined level, I believe, is 12,000 miles which is now the industry standard. It used to be 15,000 miles.

I'm not sure whether Nissan (IFS) (a) provides different residuals for different levels of mileage usage (e.g., 60%- 36 months and 12,000 miles, 58%- 36 months and 15,000 miles) or (b) adjusts the residual value based on industry standard residuals for a given level of usage (e.g., adjusts the resulting 60% 36 month-12,000 mile residual value for different mileage requirements).

Usually, standard baseline residual factors are established as benchmarks and, then, adjusted for different levels of usage (b). I'll explain both procedures...

(a) Consider, for example, residual factors of 60% and 58% that may reflect a 36 month term with mileage usage of 12,000 and 15,000, respectively. The residual value is simply determined by multiplying the appropriate factor by the adjusted MSRP.

(b) Some fund providers will "adjust" the resulting residual value (part (a) above) for different mileage requirements. So, if 60% reflects 36 months and 12,000 miles and, say, you desire 15,000 miles, then the residual value is adjusted downward at some pre-determined cost per mile. In other words, you prepay the additional mileage which is reflected in the "adjusted residual value". For example, suppose you desire 15,000 miles and you prepay the additional 9,000 miles (3 year lease) at the rate of $0.10 ($900) and that the 60% residual factor produces a residual value of 20,000, then, the adjusted residual value amounts to 19,100 (20,000 - 900). Actually, the term "prepay" means that you pay for the additional mileage over the term of the lease and not upfront.

Hope this helps.

John
  • confused321confused321 Member Posts: 6
    WOW ! Very detailed, Thank you for that information. I see how that works now and much appreciate the time you put into your response.
  • aiduaneaiduane Member Posts: 15
    Hello,

Can you please tell me what the July lease figures are for a 39 month 15k lease on a Pathfinder LE AWD?

Also what incentives are there? I have a Murano that has a lease expiring on 10/15 and I just got a flyer in the mail that Nissan will waive 3 months payemnts to get into a new car. They also mention $1500 lease loyalty cash?
    Here's the latest info for you, aiduane.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder V6 LE AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00049 and 42%, respectively.

Nissan is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this truck in certain states.

In addition to that, it is running a three month early lease termination program and providing current NMAC lessees with a $1,000 loyalty cash incentive when they lease a new 2010 Pathfinder.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrbcarmrbcar Member Posts: 6
    Car Man,

Can you please provide money factor and residual for 2011 Nissan Pathfinder for:

1. 36 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year

2. 39 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year

2. 42 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year

3, 48 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year

Also, is the $2500 cash back offer on their website the current dealer incentive for Missouri and when does that expire?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.