Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings rxsamg. NMAC's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Pathfinder SV 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 46% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You're overestimating the incentives that are available on this truck though. In New Jersey there's a $2,050 cash incentive available on leases of this truck.

You should be able to do a lease with 10,000 miles per year if you want to.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email [email protected] no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.
  • pistons12pistons12 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man, What are The November (top tier) money factors and 36 and 39 month residuals for a 12,000 mile lease on the 2013 Pathfinder Platinum with Premium Package?
    Many thanks
    Greetings pistons12. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00161 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00161 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Car man, I would appreciate the 24 and 36 month leae numbers at 12,000 miles a year for the SL and platinum versions. Please list any incentives also. Thanks for your help.
  • egold1egold1 Member Posts: 9
    Dealer saying residual is 54% for 36 mos/12k mil lease. Only giving $500 off msrp. Has anyone had success getting better numbers? I live in Southern California. Thx.
  • marz989marz989 Member Posts: 5
    car_man, could you please post the December lease numbers for a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum AWD, 15000 miles per year, 39 month lease?

Thanks
    Hi mlevine. NMAC's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00161 and 57%.

The money factors for the Platinum 4WD are the same, but the residual values would be 1% lower.

There's no cash incentives available on leases of the 2013 Pathfinder yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi marz989. NMAC's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • marz989marz989 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car_man. The information you provide is very helpful to all of us.
  • njleasebuynjleasebuy Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for the lease numbers (money factor and residual) for a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL with an MSRP of $38,420 and a negotiated price of $34,295, for 39 months and 10,000 miles per year.

I pay taxes and fees up front, and no other money down.

Please advise!!

Thanks!!
    You're very welcome marz989.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings njleasebuy. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD with 10,000 miles per year are .00161 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • joepaddockjoepaddock Member Posts: 3
    Just leased a 2013 Pathfinder SL (with premium package, DVD system and a few other options) for $534/month. Feel pretty good about the deal, but wish you could get the lease worksheet earlier in the process. Only variable I question is 'rent charge'. With all the talk about residual value and money factor, it seems like 'rent charge' is whatever the deal wants it to be.

Gross capitalized cost: $42,280
    Less: reduction: ($1,752)
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $40,528
    Residual value (56%): $23699
    Depreciation: $16,829
    Rent Charge: $4,032
    39 months
    Monthly Lease Payment: $534.

Thoughts about 'rent charge'. Is this the deader's way of playing with the numbers?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    The rent charge is the finance portion of the lease payment..

(CAP cost + residual) X money factor.. (X 39 months, in your example)

Since your numbers don't show the money factor, it's hard to know if the dealer is playing with the numbers, or not..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• njleasebuynjleasebuy Member Posts: 2
    Hey Carman,

This is the lease deal I got, how did I do?

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL with towing package and floormats.
    MSRP: $38,420

39 Months, 12,000 miles/year
    $1,589 Due at signing (incl $469 first month)
    $469/month

Agreed price: $34,656
    NJ Tax 7%: 1,209.85
    Acquistion fee: $595
    Rent Charge: $3,622.77
    Residual: $21,515.20 (56%)
    Money Factor: .00161

Thanks for your feedback.

NJLeasebuy
  • kimandjaykimandjay Member Posts: 7
    Any numbers for January on the Pathfinder Platinum Premium for a 36 or 39 month lease with 12,000 miles/year?
    This looks like a good deal to me, njleasebuy. Enjoy your new truck :).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kimandjay. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00143 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00143 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • nyigornyigor Member Posts: 98
    edited January 2013
    Hello Carman,
    Do you have January Money Factor and Residual on SV 2WD?
    My current lease will end in march. Do you think numbers will be better in march?
    Thank you.
  • bclawnlgbclawnlg Member Posts: 23
    Have gotten the following quote on a lease of a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL with Premium Package (the Slate Gray/Black Interior -- sweet) with the floor mats and splash guards.
    39 Months/12k miles

MSRP on Vehicle: $38,345
    Residual: 54%
    Sales Price on Vehicle $34,695
    Money Factor .001430
    Total out of pocket is $500.00
    Lease payment of $433.96 plus sales tax.

Good deal, great deal, middle, bad? Thoughts/feelings/impressions?
    Hello nyigor. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder SV 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00143 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

It's difficult to say whether the lease program on this truck will be better in March, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bclawnlg. This looks like a good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • nyigornyigor Member Posts: 98
    Thank you car man.
    Thx much for the quick response. Going to get this deal wrapped.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Great deal I feel you will really enjoy the new Pathfinder. Nissan needed to refresh this model and has done a great job. You will get plenty of compliments especially once someone goes for a ride a sees the interior. Good luck.
  • drdrakeramoredrdrakeramore Member Posts: 49
    Hello Car_Man,

Any changes in February for the Pathfinder? I'm curious about a 2013 4WD SL, 12K, 36 months.

Actually, could you kick out the MF and residual for the SV and the S as well? I assume they change a little bit one way or the other.

Thanks much!
  • mcjennmcjenn Member Posts: 4
    Hi There!

Did this lease deal include taxes? We are trying to get the same car, however they asked us for $4000 down with $669 payments. We are turning in our leased Altima too! We feel we are getting screwed so we walked away. they then offered us $3000 down with $579 payments. We like your deal and want to try to negotiate it...just need to know how you did it.
    You're very welcome nyigor.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, too bclawnlg :).

Car_man
    Host
    Hey drdrakeramore. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00134 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for otherwise identical leases of the '13 Pathfinder SV 4WD and S 4WD are .00134 / 58% and .00134 / 61%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ducat13ducat13 Member Posts: 34
    Hey Car_man,

Some follow-up questions to your helpful reply to drdrakeramore:

- What is the Feb residual for Pathfinder Platinum?
    - Do the money factor and residuals change if the vehicles are FWD?

Thx!
  • beergutvtbeergutvt Member Posts: 1
    Looking for residual and rate for platinum premium 15k miles....
  • aqflipino1aqflipino1 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4x4 with trailer tow package, roof rail crossbars and splash guards.
    MSRP: $38,145
    36 Months, 12,000 miles / year
    After rebates and credits: $66 Due at signing (including $528.76 first month payment)
    $528.76 total / month

Agreed price: $34,342
    CA Tax 8%: $1,410.12
    Acquistion fee: $595
    Rent Charge: $4,053.24
    Residual: $21,361.20 (56%)
    Money Factor: .0020

Did I do okay? How badly did I get ripped off? Thank you!
    Ok, so I wasn't able to make my deal at the end of last month with the info that I posted.

I don't have the money factor, sales price or residual, so I'll have to rely on Car Man to make sure I'm doing ok.

I just got in writing from my dealer on a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL Premium with mats, splash guards, roof rails -- MSRP $38,895.

39 month/12k lease
    $1k total out of pocket.
    $429 plus tax monthly lease payment (so about $454 and change a month).

I'm thinking of going in tomorrow to sign paperwork, but using the last month's figures of a 54% residual and .001430 money factor (I don't think this has changed), this seems like a hell of a deal, no?

I also got in on the $500 Visa Card promotion from Edmunds for the Pathfinder.

Please let me know if I should be pushing more on this or if I should sign on the dotted line.

Thanks.
  • Hi CarMan,

Looking for money factor and residuals for 12 and 15k per year on SL and Platinum AWD. I thought I saw February's money factor at .00134. Looking for residuals for 39 months!

Are there any other rebates above and beyond the $650 lease cash?

Thanks,
    Rich
  • nsohionsohio Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Looking at leasing a 2013 pathfinder sl 4x4 msrp 35900 with 20000 mi /yr for 36 mos. I have been offered $559/mo inc first mo payment, tax title etc. this includes 3 mo early lease pull ahead offer$1000 owner loyalty, waiver $500 wear n tear on previous car n waiver disposition fee. Was looking to purchase with driving 19000 mi or more per year but this lease seems a good offer. Any thoughts? Also looking at buick enclave same price and mileage or Infiniti jx
  • beancounternybeancounterny Member Posts: 22
    Is there an official pull ahead program going on right now? If so, carman, can you speak to the details of a platinum pathfinder 4x4 with 12k miles for 36 months. Also, i'll post in the proper forum but if you could mention if the pull ahead would cover murano's i'd be interested as well.

Thanks for all of your answers, great forum!
  • nsohionsohio Member Posts: 2
    This is Infiniti pull ahead program. Nissan has said they have a lease buyout starting in march
  • beancounternybeancounterny Member Posts: 22
    thanks for getting back to me, i need it! did you hear any details?

Also, does anyone know how it works with Miles? do you get your full 36k for example or is it pro-rated to the date you turn it in?
    Hey Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00134 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual values for the 2WD version are 2% lower. The money factor is the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi beergutvt. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00134 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Rich. NMAC's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00134 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum AWD are .00134 and 54%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this truck's residual values would be 1% higher.

You are already aware of the $650 cash incentive on leases of the Pathfinder in certain areas. I think that there's another $300 dealer cash floating around out there as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • cpyle77cpyle77 Member Posts: 22
    You are allowed to use your full term mileage limit, regardless of when you turn it in. For example, let's say you have a 36 month lease and are allowed 12,000 mile per year. Even if you reach 36,000 miles in say, 33 months, you would still be safe using the pull ahead program to lease a new vehicle and would owe nothing extra. Hope that helps!
  • frackingfracking Member Posts: 7
    Can I please have 10K and 12K residual value and money factor for a 2013 Platinum or SL Premium for February and thoughts on March program. Live in South Florida. Still have 1 month remaining on current lease. Numbers are not that compelling to rush our and lease now.
    happy to hear your opinion. Looking at 4X2's
    Please let us know if money factor and residuals changed for March,. Platinum in South florida.

Thanks,
    Hi fracking. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00134 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 SL Premium 2WD are .00134 and 55%.

I agree, the numbers on the '13 Pathfinder wouldn't be compelling enough for me to rush and get out of my current lease early to get one.

If you wouldn't mind going with a leftover 2012 Pathfinder, you might be able to get a heck of a deal on one right now.

Nissan just introduced a whopping $4,000 loyalty cash incentive on it for current NMAC lessees. On top of that there is a $1,525 cash incentive on leases of that truck in your area and another $1,000 bonus cash. Combine that with the fact that dealers will likely be anxious to move them and you might be able to get one heck of a deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Just leased a 2013 4WD SL Premium in Denver area, Mocha Stone w/ Almond, mats, splash guards. MSRP $39,895, negotiated sales price $35,029, net cap cost (after $650) rebate $34,379. Plus $500 Nissan gift card through Edmunds. Dealer threw in cross bars, all weather mats and a cargoliner from Weathertech (behind 2nd row). Plus 6 oil changes.

56% residual for 12K, 36 mos; MF is not as good at .00134 but we worked hard on the price. Wife loves it!

I noticed there is $500 bonus cash available on the SV trim right now, which combines with $650 lease cash . Note: you pay tax on that amount, depending on the state you're in.
    Did you pay any money at inception. Dealer fees, tax or tag, first months payment, or was everything rolled intot he cap cost. Any money at the start at all or was it a sign and drive. If you don't mind what is your monthly payment?
    Just the normal bits were paid up front: we did not capitalize acquisition fee or any of that (I didn't want to pay finance and tax on it). They would've been fine with us capitalizing everything - it was a choice for us to keep our net cap very clean.

I'm not remembering exact payment, but you can plug the numbers I provided into any calculator and spit it out: $400-some-odd. Fantastic dealership, can't speak highly enough of Tynan's in Fort Collins. Other area dealers...not so much.

Let me know if you need a contact.
This discussion has been closed.