Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Boxster Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on your new Boxster, heusler. This particular discussion is for community members to discuss leasing one. You will probably have better luck getting information on the break-in period for your car in the following discussion: "Boxster and Boxster S". Also, don't forget to stop by the new Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews section to share your thoughts on your dealer experience.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Michael. As you suspected, Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor for a lease of all of its models is currently .00310 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Your lease payment for this car will vary quite a bit depending upon how long you lease it for and what mileage allowance you need. If you provide me with both of these variables, I should be able to give you an idea of what sort of monthly payment to expect.

Car_man
    Host
  • wmsc998wmsc998 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you Car_man,

Lease term would be 36 months and miles would be 15,000. What is the residual percentage? 60%?

Congratulations redsoxgirl you are a much better neotiator than I...
  • oncalldoconcalldoc Member Posts: 1
    I will be completing a lease contract on a 2004 Boxster at the end of this year and am interested in a 2008 model. Assuming a 48 month lease period, standard mileage allowance, no additional options, and top credit tier, what monthly payment range would be considered optimal for me as a repeat customer?

Thanks,
    The Doc
  • thewyzthewyz Member Posts: 9
    Hi

I have leased based on advice on these forums and have been very pleased - thanks! Car man - can you help with current residual and money factor numbers?

I have no experience with negotiating on a Porsche - can expect to get about $1k above invoice? I plan to lease for 24 or 36 months based on best rate and need just 10k miles per year.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    No problem, wmsc998. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Porsche Boxster without Tiptronic and with 15,000 miles per year are .00310 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    What's up Doc? Unfortunately, the fact that you are a loyal Porsche customer will not have much impact upon your ability to get a good deal on the new Boxster that you are interested in. Porsche is not currently running any special loyalty promotions that I am aware of. You may be able to negotiate a slightly better selling price than someone off the street would be able to get if you have a good relationship with a specific dealer, but they aren't going to sell you a car for much less than they could sell it to anyone else.

I would be happy to estimate what sort of monthly payment you should expect to pay for the car that you are interested in. However, since there is so much variability in Porsche's pricing because of the long list of options that it offers, it would be easier for me to give you an accurate payment estimate if you were able to provide me with at least this car's full MSRP and ideally its approximate selling price as well first. Let me know what these numbers are and I will use Porsche Credit's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, thewyz. Here's the information that you're looking for. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Porsche Boxster without Tiptronic and with 10,000 miles per year are .00310 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00310 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • davmiksaldavmiksal Member Posts: 3
    Due to a wrinkle in NY law, in 2005 Porsche was not writing leases, so I purchased it with a balloon so the effect is essentially the same. The term started at the end of January, 2005. The payoff amount now is $28,566 and at the end of the term it will be $25,083. I had a mileage allowance of 45K and the odometer is about there right now. I don't know what the excess mileage charge will be, so I can't figure out if I should trade it in now (per blue book the trade in value is $26,875) and pay the difference between $28,566 and $26,875, or wait until the end of the term and pay the extra mileage fee. Any information would be appreciated.
  • defiancekofbdefiancekofb Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease an 08 Porsche Boxter. The MSRP is $52,790 w/ destination charge. The sales person drew up a 36 Month / 12,000 Miles a year Lease $769 a month. He supposedly said he already included a discount when I asked him for one. Any help would be great.
  • davmiksaldavmiksal Member Posts: 3
    That looks like a pretty good deal compared to what our local dealer is offering. Where are you located? Maybe it's worth a trip for me to lease from your dealer.
    Hi defiancekofb. Off of the top of my head, the payment that you were quoted looks reasonable, but I can give you a much more detailed analysis of this deal if you provide me with the selling price that you are being charged for the Boxster that you want to lease. This number will show me exactly how much of a discount you are being given plus it will enable me to use Porsche Credit's actual lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • guttersn1peguttersn1pe Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to possibly lease a 2007 Boxster. The car's details are:

BASE - Porsche Base Model --- 45,600.00
    7G - Dark Olive Metallic --- 3,070.00
    V9 - Black Top --- 0.00
    JU - Palm Green Standard Leather --- 0.00
    249 - Tiptronic S --- 3,210.00
    407 - 19" Sport Design Wheel --- 3,175.00
    342 - Heated Front Seats --- 480.00
    P74 - Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package --- 1,090.00

Total with Options $56,625.00
    Destination Charge $860.00

Total Order $57,485.00

The dealer's asking price is $51,369. I haven't talked lease numbers with them yet. I'm looking at a 3 year lease at 15,000 miles per year.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks.
    Hi guttersn1pe. The best way to get a good deal on the Boxster that you are interested in is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on it and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. You can look up this car's dealer invoice price in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Once you know what the invoice price is, set a target price that is $X above it. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the Boxster in your area so I can't specifically say what price to shoot for.

Once you have a price that you are comfortable with have the dealer use Porsche Credit's base lease program to calculate your monthly payment. Through the end of the year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Boxster S with Tiptronic and 15,000 miles per year are .00310 and 58%, respectively. If you provide me with an approximate selling price for this car, I would be happy to use this lease program to estimate what its monthly payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • las3las3 Member Posts: 6
    What is money factor and residual for 2008 Boxster (non "S" version) for a 36 month lease with either 12,000 or 15,000 miles? thanks
  • las3las3 Member Posts: 6
    I am new to the forum and may have posted this incorrectly as a reply to a previous post, so here are my questions again.

What is money factor and residual for 2008 Boxster (non "S" version) for a 36 month lease with either 12,000 or 15,000 miles? thanks
    Welcome las3. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a non-S 2008 Boxster without Tiptronic with 15,000 miles per year are .00290 and 61%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • bleonbleon Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,
    Can you provide the current buy rate money factor and residual for a 2008 Boxster S (manual) with 10,000 miles per year for a 36 month lease? thanks.
  • cancuncancun Member Posts: 1
    I have a friend who is leasing a 2005 Boxster that will be coming off lease soon. How can I purchase the car from the dealer at this time ?
    Does he have to purchase it and I purchase it from him ? This will cause double sales tax.
    What about any warranties will they be extended ?
    Will I be able to purchase any extended warranties, if so from who?
    Thanks for any input at all

Dave
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bleon. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Porsche Boxster S with a manual transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00250 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • kylelukenkyleluken Member Posts: 11
    Hello I am about to lease a boxster 2008 with the new promotional lease program. They are offering a 36 month lease for non s boxster with 10,000 miles/year with a money factor equivalent to 3.1% and a residual of 62%. The MSRP on boxster I am looking to lease is $54080.00. Without asking a question, the salesman dropped the price to $51,000.00. I wanted to know if you think this is a good deal to proceed with or should I try to haggle down another 1000 or so??? How about money factor and residual?

Thanks

It seems like you are an expert, so hopefully you will get this before tomorrow!

Thanks
    Kyle
  • kylelukenkyleluken Member Posts: 11
    Hello in above posting I said that interest rate was 3.1% but based on my calculations, it appears that the money factor is .0031. So if that is the case, is this a good deal for the promotional lease program? It seems high as it is 7.41%. The dealer told me that the special lease program had to do with a higher residual value than normal (62% in this case).

One final question, can you please confirm money factor and residual for 2008 boxster s currently. Is it the same as non s boxster?

Thanks very much
    Hi kyleluken. To the best of my knowledge, Porsche is not currently providing support on the Boxster. As a result, if you were to lease one through Porsche Credit, you would have to use its standard lease program. Porsche Credit's current standard buy rate lease money factor is .00250. This is equivalent to an interest rate of around 6%. Make sure that the dealer that you get your car from uses this factor and not the .00310 factor that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
  • toosatoosa Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am looking to lease a Cayenne and am open to either a 2008 or 2009. Do you have recommendations as to which is best way to go? What should I keep in my mind when negotiating? What is the lease factor on a Cayenne?
    Thanks
    Hi toosa. Interestingly, Porsche Credit's lease programs for both the 2008 and 2009 Cayennes appear to be exactly the same...even their residual values. If this is indeed the case, then the '08 model will likely be the better one to lease right now as dealers are probably more willing to deal on them to unload their leftover inventory. The lower your truck's selling price is, the lower its monthly payment will be.

Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor is .00250 on all vehicles for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • zipforiazipforia Member Posts: 6
    I read about money factor, residuals, etc. Who cares? I don't give a sh*t what that is. All I care is what I'm putting down, how much I'm paying per month, how many months I'm paying, and how many miles I can drive. I realize money factor and residual, price of the car all have saying in what the monthly payment will be. But that's not my concern. That the dealer's concern. As long as they give me the down and payments I want, I'm happy. It's their job to fudge the numbers (money factor, residual, etc) to get to where I'm happy.

Z.
  • kimmethkimmeth Member Posts: 1
    So like every one else I see what is going on in the financial markets. I am looking to lease a Boxster and yes the deposit, factor, residual, miles are all important. While the dealers say rates are not important and factor and residual are the key elements I disagree. Market rates help to set the factor.

My sales guy is either playing dumb or clueless on this topic.

I am looking for a low end boxster. I plan to upgrade some of the features like blue tooth, XM and GSP at car toys. Better system at lower cost.

So I am looking for a place to get a good deal - thoughts?

Also, for those of you who have leased a Boxster, has the car held it's residual? I am returning a 330 CI 2004 and it is low in miles and perfect shape. Has not help the residual.

thanks
  • zipforiazipforia Member Posts: 6
    I asked for a Boxster S at $2500 Total Drive Off with $500 per month for 36 months at 12k. They wanted $790 per month instead. So I walked out. I won't pay more than $600 (incld) tax for a Boxster S.

Z.
  • mannyljrmannyljr Member Posts: 20
    You won't get a new Boxster S for a $600 a month lease. At $45,000 financed, the Porsche web site calculates $548.88 for a 36 month, 12K mile lease. You can get a base model in that neighborhood, but not an S.
  • bbell40941bbell40941 Member Posts: 20
    Car_man

Gee, this site has been quiet for a year! Do you know what the current residuals and mfs are for the 2009 boxsters?

Thanks
    Hi bbell40941. That is a long time between posts for a discussion. Here's the informaiton that you're looking for. Porsche Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Boxster with 15,000 miles per year are .00146 and 54%, respectively.

This car's lease program varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what any of these variables are in your post so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • how8200how8200 Member Posts: 5
    I am interested in leasing a 2010 Boxster S for 10Kmiles/year. Would you know the residual value and money factor. Thank you
    Hi how8200. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Boxster S with 10,000 miles per year are .00310 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • how8200how8200 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for the information. Does the residual value include the options or just the base price. Porsche's have many options.
  • jacksdadjacksdad Member Posts: 9
    Hi carman,

Could you post the 2010 Cayman base lease rates for 36 months, 10k/yr and whether there are any other incentives being offered?

Also whether 2009 Cayman base rates are being offered and what the are for the same 36 month, 10k/yr?

Thank you
    You're very welcome, how8200. You're not kidding about the options. Porsche order guides used to look like the phone book. I believe that PFS allows the residualization of all factory-installed options.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jacksdad. Here's the information that you're looking for. Porsche Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Cayman with 10,000 miles per year are .00183 and 56%, respectively.

I don't believe that Porsche is providing leases support on leftover 2009 models any longer. If that is indeed the case, then if you were to lease one through PFS you would have to use its buy rate standard lease money factor of .00310 and a lower residual value. That's the bad news. The good news is that Porsche provided dealers with five grand dealer cash for every remaining '09 Cayman that they had left in stock at the beginning of the year.

Car_man
    Host
  • zellamseezellamsee Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,

Any chance you have the Porsche Financial Services lease figures (money factor and residual %) for the new Porsche Boxster Spyder?

Thanks much.
    I have seen the new lease program for this car, zellamsee.

Porsche Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 base Boxster Spyder with 15,000 miles per year are .00270 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • zellamseezellamsee Member Posts: 5
    Thanks much. :)
    You're very welcome, zellamsee.

Car_man
    Host
  • t3tunert3tuner Member Posts: 2
    I'm researching a replacement to my 06 boxster, looking for a 2010 version for which the dealer i bought the original car from doesnt have in there inventory.

I got basic $ dollar amounts based on similar configurations I was looking for the first time in. The second time in I test drove a PDK version to see if the extra money was worth it. We talked new numbers of course higher then the first visit but in range after a little negotiation.

I asked the sales guy to search for the configuration i wanted with and without PDK so I could compare. I searched and found some cars and forwarded to the sales guy finding the non pdk version and asked again to find a PDK version. I did some more searching and found a PDK version and decided to visit the dealer unnanounced. The sales guy was busy so i wondered around the floor for a while checking out the other cars when the sales guy was done with the other customers he never came over to visit me so i left. Any chance he didnt notice me?

I have had similar experiences with another dealer, i told them what i was looking for, they called me back i was in the middle of stuff and told them to email me and they never did.

has customer service gone to hell? Does being a nice customer even count anymore ?

The PDK version is priced 58k they said they would drop off 4k to 53-54k and a 36 lease payment of 797 with 3500 down. The non PDK version is 4k less and comes in at 751 a month. Im trying to get the PDK version for under 750 and the non pdk for 700. The dealers answer was to increase the 3500 to 5k. Am I being played ?
  • armani335iarmani335i Member Posts: 19
    I'm negotiating a 57K PDK for below 600 before tax with same amount DOF. I've seen 6sp boxster with MSRP of 54-55k for under 500 with 4K down.

I think you should do some more research and let me know if anything comes up.
  • cdriggerscdriggers Member Posts: 1
    Is the residual for the asking price/MSRP?
    looking at a 2011 Boxster spyder...sticker 77,900 , got it down to 73,500.

Thanks
    Hi cdriggers. Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be reidualized.

Car_man
    Host
  • longislander1longislander1 Member Posts: 112
    When I wanted to buy mine, I actually made an appointment for a test drive at my local dealer. I was kept waiting for almost an hour, standing there like a dope with my checkbook in my pocket. I finally walked out. Because of things like this and the incidence of low-mileage engine failures in Boxsters, I would never buy from Porsche again. There are too many other good cars out there.
  • noojerrznoojerrz Member Posts: 6
    Carman,

Any insight into the newest porsche lease deals, in particular the boxster. Any help on residual, money factor, dealer cash etc would be helpful. I've been itching to have a boxster for years and it now looks like the time is right with some sibsidized lease deals.

All help would be appreciated!!!!
    Hi noojerrz. Porsche's current lease program on the Boxster is fairly attractive. If you were to lease a base 2010 Boxster through Porsche Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00118 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • noojerrznoojerrz Member Posts: 6
    Carman,

First off, thank you for the help. I have used your guidance in getting great deals in the past two years in leasing a Lesux ES350 and a Mercedes ML350. Both times I have consulted these forums and your help to get great deals.

Do you have any further info for the money factor and residual on10k and/or 12k mi leases on the boxster? I'm not sure that I can put 15k on a year on a boxster here in the Northeast.

As an aside, how do you feel about enlisting a vehicle buying service. My employer offers access to one, but I'm not overly sure about their results. Do you have any thoughts on these companies?

Thanks again!
    You're very welcome, noojerrz. Here's the latest information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Porsche Boxster with 12,000 miles per year are .00118 and 56%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car.

I actually am very anti-auto brokers, independent leasing companies, or anyone that negotiates deals on your behalf. All third parties do is add another person to the equation that needs to profit from your deal. Savvy consumers who live in an area that has a decent level of competition should be able to beat the deals that auto brokers are able to get without much trouble.

Car_man
    Host