Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche Boxster Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi bbell40941. That is a long time between posts for a discussion. Here's the informaiton that you're looking for. Porsche Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Boxster with 15,000 miles per year are .00146 and 54%, respectively.

This car's lease program varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what any of these variables are in your post so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I am interested in leasing a 2010 Boxster S for 10Kmiles/year. Would you know the residual value and money factor. Thank you
  • Hi how8200. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Boxster S with 10,000 miles per year are .00310 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you for the information. Does the residual value include the options or just the base price. Porsche's have many options.
  • Hi carman,

Could you post the 2010 Cayman base lease rates for 36 months, 10k/yr and whether there are any other incentives being offered?

Also whether 2009 Cayman base rates are being offered and what the are for the same 36 month, 10k/yr?

Thank you
  • You're very welcome, how8200. You're not kidding about the options. Porsche order guides used to look like the phone book. I believe that PFS allows the residualization of all factory-installed options.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jacksdad. Here's the information that you're looking for. Porsche Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Cayman with 10,000 miles per year are .00183 and 56%, respectively.

I don't believe that Porsche is providing leases support on leftover 2009 models any longer. If that is indeed the case, then if you were to lease one through PFS you would have to use its buy rate standard lease money factor of .00310 and a lower residual value. That's the bad news. The good news is that Porsche provided dealers with five grand dealer cash for every remaining '09 Cayman that they had left in stock at the beginning of the year.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

Any chance you have the Porsche Financial Services lease figures (money factor and residual %) for the new Porsche Boxster Spyder?

Thanks much.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I have seen the new lease program for this car, zellamsee.

Porsche Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 base Boxster Spyder with 15,000 miles per year are .00270 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks much. :)
    You're very welcome, zellamsee.

Car_man
    Host
  • t3tunert3tuner Posts: 2
    I'm researching a replacement to my 06 boxster, looking for a 2010 version for which the dealer i bought the original car from doesnt have in there inventory.

I got basic $ dollar amounts based on similar configurations I was looking for the first time in. The second time in I test drove a PDK version to see if the extra money was worth it. We talked new numbers of course higher then the first visit but in range after a little negotiation.

I asked the sales guy to search for the configuration i wanted with and without PDK so I could compare. I searched and found some cars and forwarded to the sales guy finding the non pdk version and asked again to find a PDK version. I did some more searching and found a PDK version and decided to visit the dealer unnanounced. The sales guy was busy so i wondered around the floor for a while checking out the other cars when the sales guy was done with the other customers he never came over to visit me so i left. Any chance he didnt notice me?

I have had similar experiences with another dealer, i told them what i was looking for, they called me back i was in the middle of stuff and told them to email me and they never did.

has customer service gone to hell? Does being a nice customer even count anymore ?

The PDK version is priced 58k they said they would drop off 4k to 53-54k and a 36 lease payment of 797 with 3500 down. The non PDK version is 4k less and comes in at 751 a month. Im trying to get the PDK version for under 750 and the non pdk for 700. The dealers answer was to increase the 3500 to 5k. Am I being played ?
  • I'm negotiating a 57K PDK for below 600 before tax with same amount DOF. I've seen 6sp boxster with MSRP of 54-55k for under 500 with 4K down.

I think you should do some more research and let me know if anything comes up.
  • cdriggerscdriggers Posts: 1
    Is the residual for the asking price/MSRP?
    looking at a 2011 Boxster spyder...sticker 77,900 , got it down to 73,500.

Thanks
    Hi cdriggers. Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be reidualized.

Car_man
    Host
  • longislander1longislander1 Posts: 112
    When I wanted to buy mine, I actually made an appointment for a test drive at my local dealer. I was kept waiting for almost an hour, standing there like a dope with my checkbook in my pocket. I finally walked out. Because of things like this and the incidence of low-mileage engine failures in Boxsters, I would never buy from Porsche again. There are too many other good cars out there.
  • noojerrznoojerrz Posts: 6
    Carman,

Any insight into the newest porsche lease deals, in particular the boxster. Any help on residual, money factor, dealer cash etc would be helpful. I've been itching to have a boxster for years and it now looks like the time is right with some sibsidized lease deals.

All help would be appreciated!!!!
    Hi noojerrz. Porsche's current lease program on the Boxster is fairly attractive. If you were to lease a base 2010 Boxster through Porsche Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00118 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,

First off, thank you for the help. I have used your guidance in getting great deals in the past two years in leasing a Lesux ES350 and a Mercedes ML350. Both times I have consulted these forums and your help to get great deals.

Do you have any further info for the money factor and residual on10k and/or 12k mi leases on the boxster? I'm not sure that I can put 15k on a year on a boxster here in the Northeast.

As an aside, how do you feel about enlisting a vehicle buying service. My employer offers access to one, but I'm not overly sure about their results. Do you have any thoughts on these companies?

Thanks again!
    You're very welcome, noojerrz. Here's the latest information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Porsche Boxster with 12,000 miles per year are .00118 and 56%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car.

I actually am very anti-auto brokers, independent leasing companies, or anyone that negotiates deals on your behalf. All third parties do is add another person to the equation that needs to profit from your deal. Savvy consumers who live in an area that has a decent level of competition should be able to beat the deals that auto brokers are able to get without much trouble.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man,

Thanks for the guidance again. I picked up my new 2010 boxster 6speed last week, in triple black and I'm loving it..
    You're welcome, noojerrz. Sweet ride. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
  • I am thinking to lease boxter spyder and this is my first time to lease a vehicle.
    Can anyone give me a feedback for what is ideal monthly payment? This is what my local sales person give me 3 yrs 10k/ yr $3500 down $1237.29.mo. Msrp is 69800.
  • lenne123lenne123 Posts: 2
    Am ready to pull the trigger on a 2010 Boxster MSRP $55,400 - Sale Price $49,500
    36 month lease - .00118 money factor - 12K miles per year - residual 56%....would anyone like to give me any feedback?
  • armani335iarmani335i Posts: 17
    I think you can do a little bit better. Mine was 57.2K and had a selling price close to your figure. I think it was about 7700 discount including the 2K rebate.
  • lenne123lenne123 Posts: 2
    armani, thanx...I did shop around and purchased 2010 metro blue, msrp $59,500...sale price 51,200...thanx for your help
  • knkknk Posts: 7
    Car man,

I'm looking to lease a 2010 Boxster (base or S) before the end of August. Do you know the current money factor and residual value for a 15,000 mile, 3 year lease?

Thanks much!

If you have the same info for a Cayman that would be great too (as I'm considering those as well).
  • knkknk Posts: 7
    Dear Carman, any information you have on the current (September) PFS lease program for 2010 Boxsters (base and S) would be much appreciated! I'm looking for a 15,000 mile a year, 2 or 3 year lease. Thanks in advance!
  • Hello knk. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Boxster with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Boxster S are .00118 and 53%.

The numbers for a base 2010 Cayman are .00118 and 53%.

The numbers for a 2010 Cayman S are .00118 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2010
    Here you go, knk. Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2010 Boxster with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54%, respectively.

Interestingly, the numbers for a 36 month lease of this car are exactly the same. Porsche seems to be pumping up the resids for 36 month leases a little bit.

The numbers for the 2010 Boxster S are .00118 / 52% for 24 months and .00118 / 53% for 36 months. One rarely sees a 3 year residual value that's higher than a two year resid.

Car_man
    Host