Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Boxster Lease Questions

Comments

• scb911900scb911900 Member Posts: 3
    Looking at 2013 Boxster base, equipped with manual, infotainment w/Bose, biXenon headlamps & colored Porsche center crest..MSRP $ 57,925. What should I be paying (im assuming the 2013 models are selling at MSRP) and does anyone know if Porsche does a one pay lease? I would do 36 mos / 12k/yr. Any info would be helpful!
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    My dealer would discount a custom order 2013 Boxster by 5-6% without much haggling. Same for a 991 model 911. You could probably do better if you find a car you want in stock - and can wait a few months when convertible sales are really slow. Also, "Autobytel" advertises "up to 10% off" on the Boxster in their ads in the WSJ. Suspect this may be for a few overloaded cars that the dealers want to dump.

One suggestion: as a former 911S Cab owner, I STRONGLY recommend the sport chrono package. If you haven't driven cars with and without it, you need to. The "sport" setting with quicker throttle and braking response was a huge grin factor. I'd also order PASM, but if you are on a budget, that would be a second priority to sport-chrono. Not sure how options work on the Boxster, but if you can get Infotainment/Navigation without the Bose, save your money there. I had the $1,500 Bose package in my 911 and it was very moderately better than the base system and nowhere near worth the price.

Good luck.
  • mao_juniormao_junior Member Posts: 1
    can anyone comment on these numbers for a base 2013 boxster with each set having a few different options?

$55185 car: 48 months/10000 mpy $875.
    Finance: 48 X $1228, 60 X $1006, 72 X $858 with $7500 down. (PDK car)

Lease on the $51745 car: 48 months/10000 mpy $820.
    Finance: 48 X $1140, 60 X $935, 72 X $798 with $7500 down

Lease on the $51435 car: 48 months/10000 mpy $814
    Finance: 48 X $1133, 60 X $928, 72 X $792 with $7500 down

taxes are included in payment, and part of the 7500 down is taken out for initial costs (around $2500) ...this seems high to me...appreciate the input!!
  • chriscsfchriscsf Member Posts: 1
    Hello - anyone know the current buy rate on a 2013 Boxster S 3 year lease - top tier credit?

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go chriscsf. Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Boxster S with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • rocketman2020rocketman2020 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man,

Do you know what the MF and residual would be for a 2013 Boxster with a 24 month ultra-low mile lease? Looking at either 7,500 or 5,000 miles per year. Also, can you give me the numbers for a Boxster S, as well?

Also, does Porsche offer any incentive for doing a single pay lease if I paid the entire lease up front in the first month's payment, such as a discounted MF?

Many thanks! Really appreciate it! :)
  • brownbodybrownbody Member Posts: 1
    Do you know the MF and residual values for 2013 Boxster S for 36 months and 12,000 miles? Is Porsche offering a discounted rate for advance prepayment of the lease? Do Boxster sales slow in the fall/winter (Southern California). :) Many thanks.
  • mattvillalobosmattvillalobos Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have recommendations of which dealer I should buy my 2013 Boxster from?
    Hi rocketman2020. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a base 2013 Boxster with 7,500 miles per year are .00200 and 67% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I'm not sure if PFS offers leases with only 5,000 miles per year, but you can ask the dealer.

The money factor would be the same for the '13 Boxster S but the residual value would be 2% lower.

I'm sure that PFS offers a money factor reduction for one pay leases, but I haven't looked into this in a while so I don't know the exact amount.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi brownbody. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Boxster S with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm sure that Boxster sales do slow down during the winter in areas that actually get cold, but you have beautiful weather in So Cal so I suspect that the affect is minimal in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • swain88swain88 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there Car Man, would you please tell me the MF and residual for a Boxster S for January 2013. I was just quoted .0022 and 55%. Also, looking at a total price of $75,760 for a fairly loaded car. Any thoughts on how far I can negotiate that down. I was thinking of offering $72,000. Thanks for the help!
  • jonhelalijonhelali Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone happen to know the current PFS money factor, residuals, and incentives for leasing a Boxster or Boxster S for 3 year term with low miles (10K)? Thanks
    Certainly swain88. Porsche Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Boxster S with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As far as negotiating a good selling price goes, try shopping around if there is multiple dealers in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jonhelali. Please see my previous post for the Boxtster S numbers.

The money factor for the Boxster would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% higher.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, these cars' residual values would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • chittuschittus Member Posts: 8
    Hello

I am looking to lease 2013 Boxtser S for 24 months and was trying to find out what the money factor and residual would be for 12K/Year and 15K/Year Mileage options.

Thanks for the information in advance.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, chittus. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Boxster S with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease of this car with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    wow...the residual is pretty low. The leasing company obviously doesn't think the boxter S holds it value well.
  • saeyedocsaeyedoc Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    Guy on another forum got these from a dealer yesterday, but didn't know if the MF had changed:

981 - 71% (15kmiles/year) 74%(10kmiles/year) - 2 year lease

Pretty good, but 911 C2 rates are 4% higher, making it close in monthly price even with a much more expensive MSRP.
  • tophattertophatter Member Posts: 4
    Hi Carman. I.m new to these boards and have a couple of questions
    I.m looking at boxster and boxster s and want to decision within the next week so.
    If I order a new boxster or boxster s and delivery is close to 3 months from now as the dealer said how much in your past experience would the residual and $ factor change from now to may or June.
    I test drove some and I.d rather get a car with what I want in it however if there is a big change down in the residual I may di one off the lot.

By the way I will be doing a 24 or 27 month lease with 5,000 miles.

I appreciate any help . Thanks.
  • saeyedocsaeyedoc Member Posts: 6
    It's hard to predict. I ordered my 2012 Cayman S in March for July delivery. In that time, there were no changes in MF or residual. You can lock the rates in once it's on the boat, can only lock for 30 days.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Would you or anyone out the know the MF and residual for 24/27 months w/ 5 k. Or. 7.5 k miles per year.
    This will be my first Porsche and originally I was going for CPO 911. until I drove the new boxster and boxster s. The drive on boxster was great and the S was super but trying to keep it within my budget.
    Thanks again
  • armani335iarmani335i Member Posts: 19
    Back in the market again!

I was given the buy rate of. 002 for the base boxster today. Seems like the 24 is the way to go right now. Residual was 72% for 12K. With 27, you are locked in to paying for the registration renewal, so might not be the best term. I got a hefty discount with no haggle for being a loyal client, but still a little more than what I want to pay currently.

Let me know how it goes!
    Hi tophatter. I doubt that the Boxster's money factors will change much, if at all between today and June, but I wouldn't be surprised if its residual values dropped by a point or two.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the info. I did order one last week and was led to believe at first I.d receive it by the beginning of June. Got a call the day after from the dealer and then was told it would be in the States 1st week in July and on the lot the second week.

I.m a little concerned about the long time because I wanted a 24 or 27 month lease with 5 or 7,500 miles a year. The low mileage lease deals might end next month so frustrated.

Would anyone know if that build time seems normal and to be shipped to the east coast.

Thanks again for any help.
  • dsnycdsnyc Member Posts: 1
    Car_man:

Can you please post the residuals and MF for a 24 and 27 month lease for a Porsche Boxster for May? Thank you.
    Sure dsnyc. Porsche Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Boxster with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 71%.

I haven't seen the residual value for a 27-month lease, but the important i.e. negotiable item, the money factor, would be the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • jcw000jcw000 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you please give me the MF and residual for a 24-month lease of a Boxster S with 7,500 miles? I will likely be in the market in June. I also would like to compare to the MF and residuals for a 24-month lease of a Cayman S or a Carrera coupe with 7,500 miles if possible. All PDK if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Josh
    Certainly Josh. Porsche Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Boxster S with 7,500 miles per year are .00200 and 73% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2014 Cayman S Coupe are .00200 and 71%.

The numbers for a 2013 911 C2 Coupe are .00200 and 79%.

Deduct 1% for models that are equipped with PDK.

Car_man
    Host
  • ussiniussini Member Posts: 17
    Hi.
    Would anyone know if the 24-month lease numbers have changed at all for June for a base boxster?

From reading numerous old posts here it appears:
    - Base Boxster with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 71%.
    - Base Boxster with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 72%.
    - Base Boxster with 7,500 miles per year are .00200 and 73%.

Are these numbers above correct?

I plan to special ordering a 2014 Boxster in June. Do you anticipate the lease number changing for 2014 model?

Many Thanks, Marc
  • jcw000jcw000 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man
    Hi Marc. The numbers that you found in an older post are still valid in June.

The lease money factors for the 2014 model would be the same, but the residual values will likely be different. They might even be a point or two lower when the model is first introduced if Porsche is hiding some residual value support on the '13 model.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome jcw000.

Car_man
    Host
    Many thx car man!
    Marc
  • ajitpkajitpk Member Posts: 7
    Carman -
    Can you please tell me the MF and residual for a Boxster S lease / 12,000 miles for 36 and 48 months?
    Hi Car Man,
    I am in process of ordering my Boxster & dealer told me today that RV for 2013 Base Boxster w/ 10,000 miles is: 72% or 71% with PDK. That is a bit different than what I have seen posted on the forums.

1) Does this sound correct?
    2) Does PDK lower RV by 1%?

Thanks,
    Marc
    Marc, I leased the boxster at the end of March. The pdk does lower by 1% and I was surprised by that also.Enjoy it's a great car, I did 24 month 5k a year.
    Good luck, Tony
    You're very welcome Marc.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly ajitpk. Porsche Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Boxster S with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00200 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Marc. I'm surprised that one can still order a 2013 Boxster. Perhaps that's where the confusion is arising from. The dealer might be talking about a 2014 Boxster. The 24-month, 10,000 mile per year residual value for a lease of a base 2014 Boxster is indeed 72%.

Adding PDK does indeed lower the residual value by 1%.

Car_man
    Host
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    Car_man,

Do you happen to have the numbers yet for a 2013 Boxter base with PDK for 24mo and 10k mi? I am not sure the best deal is the 24mo lease, so if there is a promotion for a different term please let me know. Also, any incentives this month? Thanks.
  • quierodormirquierodormir Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been posted on the boards recently and I haven't come across it, but I'm in the market for a 2014 Boxster and am comparing leasing vs. buying and wanted to understand what others are getting with respect to terms.

Here's what I've heard from a couple dealers in TX:
    - Purchase: 4% off MSRP
    - Lease: 0.00279 money factor, 24 month residual of 76% for 5k and 75% for 7.5k miles a year

I haven't really entered into any significant negotiations at this stage but wanted to see if folks are doing better. Thanks!
  • bmwforever1bmwforever1 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Carman, What is the MF and residual for a 2013 or 2014 Boxster S for 10K miles and 3 years or whatever the standard lease duration is. Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    2014 Boxster S 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .0020 MF and 57% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi Car Man,
    I am going in this weekend to pick up new 2014 Base Boxster....very excited.

Would you or anyone know what are the 24-month lease numbers for December 2014 base boxster??

One of the previous posts stated that a 24-month lease @ 7,5000 miles per yr was 0.00279 MF and 75% RV.

2013's numbers were:
    - Base Boxster with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 71% (-1% RV for PDK)
    - Base Boxster with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 72%. (-1% RV for PDK)
    - Base Boxster with 7,500 miles per year are .00200 and 73%. (-1% RV for PDK)

Many Thanks,
    Marc
    2014 Boxster 24mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00020 MF and 69% residual

Add 2% for 12K/yr
    Add 3% for 10K/yr
    Add 4% for 7.5K/yr

Subtract 1% for PDK equipped cars.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shunx91shunx91 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Kyfdx,

Do you have the rates for the Boxter S or are they the same?

Also, do you happen to have any information on how pre-owned Porsches lease? I am in the market for a Boxter or Boxter S and I have a strict budget for myself. So far the 2014 Boxters seem to be decent if there's a good enough discount from the MSRP.

Also, do you know if you can buy down the money factor at Porsche using security deposits? Is it entirely up to the dealer or does Porsche financial have strict rules on their lease promotions?

Thank you.

@shunx91 said:
    Hi Kyfdx,

Do you have the rates for the Boxter S or are they the same?

Also, do you happen to have any information on how pre-owned Porsches lease? I am in the market for a Boxter or Boxter S and I have a strict budget for myself. So far the 2014 Boxters seem to be decent if there's a good enough discount from the MSRP.

Also, do you know if you can buy down the money factor at Porsche using security deposits? Is it entirely up to the dealer or does Porsche financial have strict rules on their lease promotions?

Thank you.

2014 Boxster S 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .0020 MF and 54% residual

The 24 month residual is 67%

I've never seen a good lease on a pre-owned car, in comparison with a unit that is eligible for the new car rates..

regards.
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Kyfdx--Could you please quote me current residuals and MF for 2014 Boxster S and Cayman S? I am looking at a 15k mile/yr lease for 36, 48 or 60 mos. Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

@gkm987 said:
    Kyfdx--Could you please quote me current residuals and MF for 2014 Boxster S and Cayman S? I am looking at a 15k mile/yr lease for 36, 48 or 60 mos. Thanks!

I'm sorry, we don't have the March numbers for Porsche.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Could you quote the most recent numbers you have? Thanks!