Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    I'm not Car_man, but knowing the actual payment amount will probably help. What are the monthly payments?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mr_nomad2007mr_nomad2007 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Kyfdx,

Thanks for your advice: The numbers are in the question actually: $2400 and $2500 per month respectively, with taxes included.

Mr_Nomad2007
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Ahhh.... I see now..

I'm not sure on how fast the Cayenne Turbo depreciates (very fast, I'm guessing).. But, those numbers seem extremely high..

Couldn't you finance the car for a lower monthly payment? When lease payments exceed finance payments, then that takes away a lot of the incentive for leasing. I haven't seen many good 24-month Porsche leases, except for the Cayman.. Have you tried getting quotes for 36 months?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mr_nomad2007mr_nomad2007 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Kyfdx,

I'm caught in a discussion with my self about whether to put down $60,000 in 24 months with a lease or finance a $90000 vehicle and risk not being able to sell it. That's my dilemma. Yes, the 36 month lease is definitely cheaper by the month and yet much dearer at the end of 36 months ($60,000 v. $72000).

I was really looking for someone to help me put some numbers together such as money factors etc., for the 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. I was hoping that would help me get a better feel for the payments.

Warmly,

Mr_Nomad2007
  • tinocotinoco Member Posts: 18
    Hello Car-Man,
    I am currently in the process of helping a friend get a lease on this car, I just got a great deal on a BMW and learned quite a bit regarding leasing aspects through this forum.

If anyone can give me some information as far as the current(MF) and residual on a 2007 3yr./15k Cayenne S - also is there any sort of security deposit you can apply to lower your monthly payment such as with BMW services?, I am in the SoCal area. Any input would be greatly appreciate it.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, mrresearch.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey mr_nomad2007. Believe it or not, I personally would want a bigger discount than this if I was going to lease this truck. Porsche dealers are providing some amazing deals on leftover 2006 models right now. I suspect that they are getting some sort of kickbacks from Porsche to help them blow them out. The price that you were quoted would be pretty good for a brand new Cayenne Turbo, but I personally would want a larger discount on one that already has 5,800 miles on it. The problem that I have with demo vehicles is that dealers never seem to be willing to discount what are essentially nothing more than low mileage used vehicles for my taste.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Mr_Nomad2007. I can give you an idea of what this truck's current lease program is like. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S with 15,000 miles per year are .00310 and an amazingly low 41%, respectively. The Cayenne Turbo's (non-S) numbers are a little better at .00310 and 48%. With a residual value like that, I personally definitely would not lease the Turbo S. I might consider leasing the Turbo though...well who am I kidding I couldn't afford to lease either of them. I've been a good boy this year, perhaps Santa will bring me one :P .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tinoco. I'm glad that you found this forum so helpful in your quest for a new BMW. I would be happy to give you an idea of what the current lease program is like on the vehicle that your friend is interested in. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Porsche Cayenne S with 15,000 miles per year are .00310 and 52%, respectively. I provided you with the lease program for the 2006 model because the 2007 model has not arrived at dealers yet. It is going to be a late introduction. I've never heard anything about Porsche Credit offering a multiple security deposit program, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't have one. Your friend should check with their dealer to make sure that one doesn't exist.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tinocotinoco Member Posts: 18
    Car_Man..

Thank you very much for your response, regarding Cap Cost are you at all familiar with what kind of money people in general are paying in other words is it $1000.00 over invoice? That information would be very helpful. I live in SoCal., so if you know what range would be considered a good deal, that would most certainly be appreciated. Also, what other fees should I look for in a lease agreement, are they typical to the BMW fees? such as MACO, etc...

Thanks a million!
    Hi tinoco. I believe that Porsche dealers have been offering some pretty hefty discounts on Cayennes lately. I would not be surprised if you were able to get a 2006 Cayenne for fairly close to dealer invoice. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for theirs lately: "Porsche Cayenne: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

I don't know what sort of advertising fees and such Porsche charges, but I can tell you that if you lease through Porsche Credit you will have to pay a $745 acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • revets2revets2 Member Posts: 21
    carman,

we are looking at a 2005 Cayenne S with almost 19k mi. and get this...the dealer classifies it as a new car because it was driven by a Porsche exec for demo purposes and has never changed title. any car to me that has 19k mi., pits in the aim dam, scuffs in the back bumper, obvious wear on the metal inner door protectors, and nicks on the console seems used to me.

they are saying that it was a $74k auto as it's equipped with the air suspension pkg. and off road technology package. they are offering it for $54k red tagged and said they could get it down to $52, no extended warranty.

i guess porsche can lease this vehicle b/c they're calling it new.

i don't know how to calc a residual value on this. wouldn't this be the residual value?

also trying to figure out the differences between the 2005 and 2006 vehicles.

thanks carman!
  • revets2revets2 Member Posts: 21
    also, the salesman was explaining that it was more advantageous to purchase the vehicle because of the high residual value.

i didn't understand this.

thanks for your help!
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Hi carman,
    wondering what the base lease rates and residuals are in Feb for the cayenne titanium edition models for 10K miles, 27 and 36 months.
    thanks!
    Mike
  • bimbobrakesbimbobrakes Member Posts: 6
    Well, here is the deal I got. I leased a 2006 Titanium for 1800 down,1102 per mo.for 4 years with 15k per year. Car was listed at 67k or so. Received 5600 off. Thats it!
    Thanks for the info Bimbobrakes
  • imokimok Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,
    Interested in leasing a 2006 V6 model, any idea what the residual is like? How much acquisition fee? I am looking at around $41K range with less than 10k miles
    Hi revets2. Wow, you won't see too many 2005 Porsches out there that are still classified as new vehicles. Porsche Credit doesn't publish a lease program for "new" 2005 models any longer. Perhaps it has some sort of special program that it uses for this sort of situation. If it does, I haven't seen it.

You definitely should treat this car as a used vehicle when trying to come up with a price to offer for it. The dealer can call it whatever it wants, but with 19,000 miles on it it IS used.

I am sure that there are a few minor differences between the 2005 and the 2006 Cayenne, but I believe that they are basically the same vehicle. The 2008 Cayenne that comes out this month is an all new truck that will be significantly different from the 2005 and 2006 models. You may be able to find out what the differences are between the '05 and the '06 model by visiting the following discussion: "Porsche Cayenne".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, Mike. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease (I haven't seen the 27 month program) of a 2006 Porsche Cayenne Titanium Edition with 10,000 miles per year are .00310 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00310 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi imok. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you're interested in a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Porsche Credit's current 36 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 Porsche Cayenne V6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00310 and 57%, respectively. The last time that I checked, Porsche Credit charged a $745 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks Car man!
  • teatroteatro Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

Stumbled on your forum while researching on Automobile leasing. I haven't done car leasing and I am thinking of leasing the new 2008 Cayenne and just wondering what's a good deal out there for this model on a 13K miles on a 4yr lease.

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks,
  • scpetescpete Member Posts: 5
    Carman:

I know the '08 hits dealers on March 3rd. Can you please post the lease rates for this car as soon as you get them?

I am interested in any lease that has a decent program, although I am aware that Porsche rarely has lease support. Ideal would be 36-48 month lease. Interested in Cayenne V6 Tiptronic.
  • joeadpjoeadp Member Posts: 68
    Cayenne V6 MSRP of 52k the lease for 36 months 12 miles with no money down was estimated at $900 per month. The sales guy said he was disappointed their was no support from Porshe.

Looks like you are better off buying this truck.
  • alchemist25alchemist25 Member Posts: 5
    Carman:

I interested in leasing the 08 Cayenne V6 Tiptronic within these next two months and i'm wondering what the current numbers would be. This is my first time leasing so i'm trying to get as much info. as i can. I would be interested in either a 36 or 48 month lease. I would want to put as little down as possible...thanks for your help!
  • waleaserwaleaser Member Posts: 1
    Today, I was quoted $925/month, 15K MI, 36 months with tax on above vehicle with tiptronic and navigation. RE Value of 58% MSRP $56,700. I've not gotten a selling(negotiated) price yet. I'm putting 10K down btw, salesperson told me $4K would be out of pocket costs for me.

Is this a good deal? I don't know what the MF is on the subject vehicle.
    You're very welcome, monkeyshift.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome teatro. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to give you an idea of how much the Cayenne that you are interested in would cost to lease, but in order for me to do so I need you to give me an idea of what its MSRP and selling price are. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. While I doubt that dealers are providing significant discounts on the new 2008 Cayenne, you still need to know how much you are paying for it. Let me know what these numbers are and I will gladly tell you what I think of the deal that you are getting use Porsche Credit's current lease program to estimate this truck's monthly payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi scpete. I've heard that the 2008 Cayenne is amazing. It handles much better than the 2006 model and the V6 engine, which was previously a little underpowered, is much more powerful. You're right, Porsche never provides lease support on its vehicles and it rarely provides dealer cash. If you were to lease this truck through Porsche Credit right now for 36 months, you would have to use its standard lease money factor of .00310. Its 48 month buy rate is .00320. Porsche Credit's 36 and 48 month, 15,000 mile per year residual values for the 2007 Cayenne V6 with Tiptronic are 58% and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello alchemist25. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Here's what Porsche Credit's current lease program for the truck that you are interested in is currently like. If you were to lease a 2008 Porsche Cayenne V6 Tiptronic through Porsche Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00310 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00320 and 50%.

Good luck in your quest for a redesigned Cayenne, it's a nice truck. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi waleaser. You never mentioned the selling price of the Cayenne that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

For now I can tell you that you shouldn't make such a large down payment when leasing. Consumers who make large capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off not making any cap cost reduction on your lease, even though it means that you will have a little higher monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • whatsthecatchwhatsthecatch Member Posts: 2
    does anybody know if the Porsche Options financing has a catch to it because it comes out to about $100 less than a lease a month and im not sure if thats possible. aside from a larger residual and the $350 disposition fee, is there anything else as long as the car is returned?????
  • enthusiast7enthusiast7 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man, I've narrowed down my search to either an Cayenne S or 2007 X.5 4.8. Any help is appreciated.

Can you share with me the Porsche money factor and residual rates for the Cayenne (S 2008)? I'm looking at a 36 or 39 month lease max with minimal money down (maybe tags/fees), 10K or 12K mileage. What other fees (besides taxes tags) does the dealer have to charge me?
  • 5speed55speed5 Member Posts: 31
    I know this forum is more for leasing, but there seems to be a lack of responses in the others.

I looked at a (new w/55 miles on the odo.)'06 Cayenne S Titanium yesterday. The sticker was $66,345 with dest. charge.(East Coast Tri-State area). The salesman said the purchase deal should be around invoice less around $4k, or somewhere around $10K off sticker. How does that sound? I'm thinking once it is a model year old, it should drop in value a bit more than that.

Thanks in advance.
  • jrikerjriker Member Posts: 1
    Just leased a new '06 Cayenne V6 for $13,000 below sticker (originally $58,000). Dealers are trying hard to clear their '06 inventory, so you should be able to get a deal--aim low!
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    saw turbo s listed for 119K, asking 95k, some 24k off sticker, titaniums were 10k-11k off sticker, probably could do a little better. I really like the new engines in the 08, so I'll probably wait a year or two for a used one, or may consider the Q7. currently drive a 00 A6 2.7T w/6spd, + a 01 M3 conv., love the two but may need a tow vehicle for boat, crazy, but would have to sell both vehicles and add $$ to "upgrade"., so for now I'm happy, except when I see the new cayennes, while picking up parts for my audi(most recently front pads and discs.
  • alexanderv2alexanderv2 Member Posts: 13
    Where are you located? I live in the Los Angeles area, and am hoping to find discounts like that.
  • alexliualexliu Member Posts: 5
    JUST GET A QUOTE FROM DEALER,2008 CAYENNE S,MSRP $71,180
    36 MONTH LEASE TERM WITH $2,000 DRIVE -OFF 10K MILES/YEAR $1,254+TAX MFC 0.00370 RESIDUAL 58%.YOU CAN DRIVE A S550(MSRP $87,550) WITH THAT PAYMENT.
  • ms09ms09 Member Posts: 112
    well a porsche is a porsche and a mercedes is a well merc, whatever u like more take that, i think the merc is a more luxury car , porsche doesn't have a lot of experience to make a 4by4 wheel drive or cars, and as mercedes its been here since a long long time...
  • vwguild1vwguild1 Member Posts: 98
    The world's first All Wheel Drive vehicle was engineered by Ferdinand Porsche in 1900.
  • ms09ms09 Member Posts: 112
    Is this true,

CL 63 AMG boasts the most powerful naturally aspirated V8 engine in the world.???

I dont know much in details about car engine, can any1 tell me whats the difference between the naturally aspired and the twin turbo??? i know the twin turbo engines are fast but what else is the difference, i wanna to know in detail.
  • oiakouoiakou Member Posts: 26
    Good one, ms9 :)

"naturally aspirated" = Regular. Nothing special. Just a huge V8.
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    I'm in the Boston area, specificaly IRA Porsche in Danvers, MA...good luck
    Hi enthusiast7. As usual, Porsche is not providing any lease support on the Cayenne. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Cayenne S with 12,000 miles per year are .00310 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00310 and 56%. If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year these residual values would be 1% higher. At lease signing you will have to pay your truck's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, Porsche Credit's $745 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi 5speed5. Earlier this year, Porsche provided its dealers with $4,000 dealer cash for every leftover 2006 Cayenne S that they had in inventory. That's why you are able to get this truck for $4,000 under invoice. If the dealer that you are working with is getting desperate to unload its remaining 2006 model or models you may be able to shave a little more off of this price, but it's not terrible. Work on them and see how much lower they will go, you don't have anything to lose other than the risk that they will sell the truck that you want to someone else.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • donkey1217donkey1217 Member Posts: 9
    Does any one have the new MF and Residuals for May. Did the rates get any better because last month the MF wasn't great. Thanks
  • whatsthecatchwhatsthecatch Member Posts: 2
    can some1 plese explain how the porsche options lease program works and if there is a catch to it. i need 2 kno this information very badly. if u dont know anything about it do ukno if there is anywhere i can look for it?
  • dc661dc661 Member Posts: 71
    its explained on the porsche website. It appears to be similar to a standard lease with a few extra end of lease options. here's the link
    Porsche
  • sprng73sprng73 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Does anyone know the current money factor and residual for a 2008 cayenne S 48 month lease (tier 1 credit)?

Thanks in advance..
    Hi donkey1217. The 36 month buy rate lease money factor for a lease of any 2008 Cayenne through Porsche Credit is currently .00310 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. This truck's residual values vary by term, mileage allowance, and trim level. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of a 2008 Porsche Cayenne S with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Porsche Credit's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual for the 2007 Cayenne S is 56%. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value is 2% higher than this and its 10,000 mile per resid is 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.