Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi whatsthecatch. I believe that "Porsche Options" is the name for Porsche Credit's balloon note program. Balloon notes are very similar to lease in that they provide consumers with low monthly payments and the option to purchase their vehicle at the end of a certain period of time for a specific price. The main difference between balloon notes and leases is that with balloon notes the consumer's name is on the vehicle's title, while with leases the bank's name is. Balloon notes are much less popular than traditional leases. The really only seem to be used in areas like Texas and Chicago that have strange sales tax rules that make them more attractive than leases. If you are not in an area where there is a tax advantage to going with a balloon note, you are probably better off just going with a normal lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here is the information that you're looking for, sprng73. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2008 Porsche Cayenne S with 15,000 miles per year are .00320 and interestingly 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. If you lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this truck's residual would be 2% higher. If you lease with 10,000 miles per year, it would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • sprng73sprng73 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you carman,

I hope you can help me a little further with the lease calculation based on the information you gave me. (2008 cayenne s)

msrp: 64000
    negotiated price: 4000
    down payment : 3000
    net cap cost : 57000 ?

48 month, 12,000 mile

would $804 be my average monthly payment before sales tax considering 50% res, 12000 miles, .0032 MF, 48 months ?

Thanks in advance :shades:
  • einbayereinbayer Member Posts: 4
    i am looking at a 2006 S, msrp 66640 they're asking 57640.
    what is the MF for this car, 12000, 36 months?
    also, does porsche do multiple sec deposits to lower the MF?
    i am in california.

thanks for your help.
    Hi sprng73. I see that you are considering making a $3,000 capitalized cost reduction on the Cayenne that you are interested in leasing. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or even all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off going with a zero down lease. Let's work up sample lease payments on this truck both ways for you and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Porsche Cayenne S that has an MSRP of $64,000 and a selling price of $57,000 through Porsche Credit right now for 48 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $806. A $3,000 capitalized cost reduction would lower the payment for an otherwise identical lease to around $734.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi einbayer. Unfortunately, I do not believe that Porsche Credit is offering leases on 2006 models any longer. If this is indeed the case, you would have to go through an independent bank to lease an '06 Cayenne.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • vwguild1vwguild1 Member Posts: 98
    Car_Man...Your belief is correct...Not PFS or US Bank...
    Thanks for the confirmation, vwguild1.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jfertljfertl Member Posts: 36
    Please comment on this offer: 2007 Cayenne S MSRP $68,455, cap cost $62,204(includes acquisition fee), no money down, 36 months,15,000 miles and driveoff of first payment and registration. Monthly payment $971 plus tax. Thanks.
  • davidc1davidc1 Member Posts: 168
    Do you mean 2006 or 2008? If it's for 2008, that sounds good.
  • tmhw1tmhw1 Member Posts: 7
    Don't know about lease, but for the price that is about right, my dealer said he can be me about 10% off MSRP for 2008
  • kabbalahkabbalah Member Posts: 58
    Is this a 2008? What is your money factor & residual, and what dealer is quoting you? Sounds like a good deal for an 08. I would like to know what dealership is offering 10% off sticker.

thanks
  • kabbalahkabbalah Member Posts: 58
    I was offered the following last minute deal from Porsche late yesterday after agreeing to an X5 4.8 deal. Cayenne S, MSRP $71,839, Cap cost $64,551. 36m 12k miles, no security deposit, drive off $1550, payment $1020 plus tax. It is a sweet deal, and had they offered it to me before the last minute I might have taken it.
  • bwaybway Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know of any end of the year promotions for the Cayenne S. Also, what is the current MF and residual for 36 mo leases? Does PFS offer 24 mo leases? what would the numbers be?

Thanks
  • lucazumalucazuma Member Posts: 1
    hi, i am new here and have read much of the 17 pages on the leasing topic.

I need some help (ov course) :) on my lease...

i am looking to lease a 2004 cayenne S and need to know what the residual would be...

im not sure of what factors work in the determination of such value but here is some info on the lease terms...if you need more information please let me know... :)

im looking to lease for 36 months at less than 12000 miles per year.

any help wuold be great...

thanks a bunch!

luca
    Leasing a Pre-Owned vehicle is not a good thing to do...Leasing is based on depreciation and that has already occurred with this 2004...
  • desibaba00desibaba00 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I barely see any activity on this forum so here it goes n hope i get an answer in time. I'm looking to lease 2008 Cayenne, havn't been to the dealers yet so no numbers to tell you guys to work with. Just wondering what are general lease rates for say 36m on a base Cayenne which comes out to be MSRP=$46500. Have crdit score of about 710-715. What you guys think lease payments could be?
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bway. Poreche usually does not offer any sort of incentives, either cash incentives or lease specials, on its vehicles. That appears to be the case right now. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Porsche Cayenne S with 15,000 miles per year are .00310 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00310 and 57%. This truck's 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher and its 10,000 miles per year residual values are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Welcome desibaba00. As usual, Porsche is not currently providing any lease support on the Cayenne. As a result, if you were to lease one through Porsche Credit right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. Through the end of the year, Porsche Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Porsche Cayenne with 15,000 miles per year are .00310 and 61%, respectively.

In order to use this lease program to estimate what your monthly payment would be, I need to know what this truck's selling price is. You may be able to get an idea of what you will have to pay for this truck right now by visiting the "Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for it lately. For now I will run a couple of different scenarios for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a base 2008 Porsche Cayenne that has an MSRP of $46,500 and a selling price of $45,500 through Porsche Credit for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $705. With a $2,000 discount, the payment for an otherwise identical lease would drop to around $675. With a $3,000 discount, it would drop to around $644. And with a $4,000 discount it would fall to around $613.

I hope that this helps you out. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • boondonboondon Member Posts: 1
    A dealer just gave me the folowing offer....... 2008 cayenne lease 12,000 mile 36
    month. Monthly payment with tax 690. Due at signing 4,700. Options incl navigation and satelite radio. MSRP IS 55,000
  • edporsche1edporsche1 Member Posts: 1
    I keep my car for at least 7 years and for 80% business use would you advise to lease and buy back at the end of the list or just buy it?
    Tampa, FL
  • miamipppmiamippp Member Posts: 1
    What do you think of a lease deal on a cayenne with msrp 58,7
    for 1100 out of pocket 899 including tax.
    I am just not sure why the msrp is so high, its not an S but is pretty loaded yet no sat radio
  • sphereman111sphereman111 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I am looking to lease a 08 cayenne v6 for about 24-36 months with about 12k miles per year.

can you let me know residual values and money factors for above terms?

1. 24 months - residual value and money factor (for both 12k and 15k per year)
    2. 36 months -residual value and money factor (for both 12k and 15k per year)

thanks
  • mdennenymdenneny Member Posts: 1
    Dear Porsche Experts:
    I am considering purchasing a Cayenne Turbo for 118,000 24mos 12k/mi year
    Residual is 57% and MF .00370. This MF seems rather high compared to the other MF's you have mentioned above, has Porsche changed their numbers since Decembe or is this accurate??

I look forward to your help and support.......
    Here's the information that you're looking for, sphereman111. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Cayenne V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00290 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00290 and 60%. If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings mdenneny. The money factor that you were quoted is higher than Porsche Credit's buy rate. This probably means that the dealer you are working with is trying to mark up your truck's money factor to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal. See if you can get them to use the .00290 buy rate to calculate your lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • cal4492cal4492 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,
    First this is a really helpful web site!
    Second I am looking to lease a Cayanne and these are the numbers I have been quoted in NY/NJ area:
    MSRP $54,715
    CapCost $52,000
    Residual 67%
    LeaseTerm 36 mos
    Factor 0.00325
    Mothly Payment $781

I put this through the caculation and came up with a monthly pymnt of $714!
    They did say there were closing costs of approx $2200. Is this a good deal?
    Seems like they are adding the closing costs to the CapCost and then calculating the lease pymnt. Is this the way to incorporate the closing costs into the calc?
    Please help...
    Rgds,
    Cal
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    cal4492 - What dealer in the NYC metro area are you working with? If you need help, please feel free to email me.
  • plampplamp Member Posts: 1
    Cal

I'm in the area also and would also like to know what dealer you are using. Are you sure of the residual you were quoted at of 67%?

Thanks!
  • hollydoghollydog Member Posts: 17
    dealer in mid-west proposed the following:
    V6 tiptronic with nav, bi-xenon lights, etc with msrp of $56,650 plus destination charge of $895.
    Selling price of $52,900. $3,650 down includes 1st month payment and all fees and cap cost reduction. 15,000 miles per year. residual of 38%. 63 month lease at $618 plus tax per month ($659). I wanted payment around $650 per month.
    Top tier credit rating.
    Does this seem like a good deal?
    Thanks for your insight.
    Thanks Cal. I'm glad that you find Edmunds.com so helpful. I come up with a pre-tax payment of $714 as well using the inputs that you mentioned in your post. Perhaps the payment that the dealer quoted you includes sales tax or some other charges. This lease program is much different that Porsche Credit's program, but it seems to result in a lower monthly payment than Porsche's. I guess some independent bank is stepping up to the plate and offering a better program than Porsche Credit on the Cayenne right now. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this truck in your area right now, but I do know that there is a decent level of competition there. It wouldn't hurt to comparison shop with a few dealers before pulling the trigger.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hollydog. 63 months is an awful long time to lease a vehicle. A lot can happen over the course of five years to make you want or need to get a new vehicle, your commute could change causing you to go waaaay over your mileage allowance, the price of gas could spike to $5.00 per gallon in the U.S. making you want to get something more fuel efficient, you could just plain get sick of your vehicle, etc... I always advise consumers not to lease for longer than 36 to 39 months, 48 months at the absolute longest.

Another thing that I don't like about this lease is that you are making a capitalized cost reduction. I always advise community members not to make down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off going with a zero down lease, even though it means that your monthly payment will be slightly higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • hollydoghollydog Member Posts: 17
    Car_Man
    Thanks for the advise. My lease had to be 4 or 5 years (the 63 months was Ok) as it is a work provided vehicle and my arrangement at work calls for that structure. I also got an extended warranty (not part of the lease) provided by my employer. I was required to keep the total monthly payments very close to $650 and was told by several Porsche dealers that I could not get this vehicle unless the lease was 60 - 63 months. I was entitled to a downpayment of $3,000 plus the first payment. Given all of this, did I get a good deal from the Porsche dealer on price and monthly payments.
    Thanks very much.
  • eallen99eallen99 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know/have lease rates for the GTS? Looking for 3yr/12K.

Also it looks like a lot of dealers in socal have 10+ in stock. Does anyone know if they're trying to replace to S or if they're just not moving?

Any thoughts on how much movement off MSRP? From what I can tell it's basically an S with sport exhaust and 21's. So of course, I wonder if I should add aftermarket rims/exhaust to an S and get a better deal...

Love the ride but finding it hard to pull the trigger given what else you can get for $1200--$1400/mo.
  • nj_bmw_byernj_bmw_byer Member Posts: 17
    Porsche Cayenne lease numbers

MSRP $53.955.00
    Edmunds Factory Inv. $47,000.00
    CAP COST $ $51,500.00
    Res. Val 62%
    Money Factor .0027
    36mo/10K per year
    inceptions: $4000.00 (includes taxes)
    monthy $730.00

Can anyone help? Does this seem like a fair deal. In the NY/NJ area?
  • chris7469chris7469 Member Posts: 4
    I would like to lease a base Cayenne with the preferred package, Bose ss, Tiptronic AT and Cayenne S 18 inch wheels.

I spec the MSRP to be 53,300. I have top tier credit and live in central NJ, so I can goto Princeton and Fleminginton. I can also travel north for a deal.

I would like 12,000 or 15,000 miles each year, for 36 or 39 months. I want to put nothing down but the required payments.

Can someone please provide the most current money factors and residuals?

What should I be able to get the MSRP down to?

Additionally, what monthly payment is a really go deal on each term?

Thank you in advance for all of your help.

CM
    Chris we are almost buying the same car. Read My post and let me know if it helped. There doesn't seem to be a lot of sysop activity here, so maybe we could help each other. I am in NJ as well so our prices should be very similar. Maybe we could get a better deal if we both bought cars in the same dealership or dealer. Also let me know what your figures are. I am still in negotiation so maybe we could work off of each other efforts.

NJ Car Buyer
    TJ
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Has any1 bought a new cayenne gts? i was wondering if the gts is any better than the turbo or the cayenne S is the best choice?

Just like to know isn't any of the cayenne buyers interested to get the new x6 which IMO is the cayennes newest competitor
  • raymondw7raymondw7 Member Posts: 25
    Ok, so i'm in the market for a luxory suv and haven't picked one yet (contemplating mdx, q7, and the Cayenne) I know i'm all over the place...

Also in central NJ (closest to Princeton dealer) and interested in rougly the same specs, can you advise what deal you are seeing, i'd like to see how this compares to my other options...

we can always walk in same dealership 3 of the same deal should be a power buy
    Seems like many of us are in the same boat as far as luxury SUV's are concerned. I was interested in the Q7, X5 and The Porsche. I decided to go with the X5, but I will tell you my experiences with the Porsche Vehicle:

My problem with the Porsche was it just had too many options that you had to pay for and the Porsche that was offer to me seemed like a waterdown version for people who just wanted to drive a car with Porsche written on it. My first negociation was for

$799.00 not including taxes for the Cayenne Configuration I listed here. The last offer I got was $706.00 including taxes for the same car - with the same configuration.
  • donchardonchar Member Posts: 56
    Help. I'm about to pull the trigger on a lease. What would be a fair residual, MF for a 36 month? Is Porsche credit only available to top tier credit score? Additionally the dealer is claming the residual is non negotiable at 53% for 36 months GTS. which sounds awfully low compared to the % I've seen on this forum The MF quoted was appears a bit high at .0030.
    Seems like many of us are in the same boat as far as luxury SUV's are concerned. I was interested in the Q7, X5 and The Porsche.

I ha e read this many times I can understand about choosing between the x5 and cayenne but how does every1 add Q7 doesn't any1 see the size difference between a Q7 and the other 2?

My problem with the Porsche was it just had too many options that you had to pay for and the Porsche that was offer to me seemed like a waterdown version for people who just wanted to drive a car with Porsche written on it.

I have the same problem with porsche options are just to many which makes a full option car very expensive.

Did you test drive the cayenne v6 or v8 before choosing the X5 v6 v8?
    Residuals from any Bank or Lender PFS, VW Credit, BMW FS, are never negotiable...
  • ratingsratings Member Posts: 9
    A BIG Thank You to Edmunds and all of you! I'm female and blonde and wasn't about to go to the dealer unarmed so I found this site and thanks to all of you who shared, I think I got a rocking deal on a New Cayenne S, two days ago. I took the information that I read here, found the car by searching the entire State of California, found the few that I wanted and basically told them what I would pay on a New Cayenne S, 3 year lease, 12k miles per year. A few dealers later, a few hours invested and I got exactly what I wanted!!!!!
    I will share what I negotiated.
    MSRP $69,395.00
    $63,312.00 Final Price (9% off MSRP)!!!!.
    Monthly Payment, Including TAX and LoJack, $899.00
    I did trade in my O4 Porsche Cayenne which represented a $4,785.reduction so you need to take that in to account. Zero cash out of pocket.
    Residual Value appears to be 61%.
    I was told that the Lease Factor that I got was .025 although I can't verify that on my paperwork.
    I hope this helps others!
    Thanks again! Oh and by the way, I'm in Southern California.
    Ratings! :)
    I think I got a rocking deal on a New Cayenne S,

Thats nice to hear congrats, Is it auto or manual?

did trade in my O4 Porsche Cayenne

Since you own the old cayenne and now the new 1 could you explain the differences that you can spot whats better in the new cayenne is it much better to drive then the old 1?

BTW did you consider or test driven the X5 or the new X6 if you have seen it yet?
    My new Cayenne is an Automatic.

I owned an 04 Cayenne 6 cyl. for 4 years. I knew the minute that I got an S as a loaner that I wanted to upgrade as soon as possible because of the power difference. The baby Cayenne, as I call it, was wonderful but simply doesn't have the power. You can put the car into manual and/or use the tiptronic buttons on the steering wheel to give it more power, which I did often. But the S is 390 horse power compared to 260 for the baby (I think that's what I was told).

Did I consider the BMW X5? I owned the X5 for 3 years and loved it until I realized I could afford the sexy fabulous Cayenne. I still think that the X5 is a great car but I now own my dream car!

Hope that helps!
    Did I consider the BMW X5? I owned the X5 for 3 years and loved it until I realized I could afford the sexy fabulous Cayenne. I still think that the X5 is a great car but I now own my dream car!

I am talking about the new x5 not the old 1.

Also about the x6 have you seen it yet?

Previously I myself liked the cayenne but since the new x5 came out and now the x6 it is not easy to choose 1

I forgot to ask your baby cayenne as you call it did it have any kind of trouble technical anything at all?

How long did your brake pads last? and what did you pay for it? did you replace another expensive parts?

Any trouble on your old x5?

Your dream car thats good to know. :)

thanks for the reply.
    No mechanical problems with my Cayenne for 4 years! I did however have to replace tires and brakes often. But, I was doing a lot of canyon driving which I'm sure had a lot to do with it. I think I replaced my tires and brakes twice.

I have not seen the X6 and haven't owned or considered an X5 since I bought my Porsche Cayenne in 04.

Best of luck.
    How much for the 4 tires that you replaced? and also price for the brake pads which I heard are expensive. I think the cayenne S brakes will be more expensive.

U like the cayenne GTS but I think I quite expensive compare to the S

I have not seen the X6

Do remember to post when you see the x6 in person and tell how you felt compare to the cayenne S.

I have 4 suvs to choose from x6 cayenne infiniti fx and the new RX the redesign is next year.
  • raymondw7raymondw7 Member Posts: 25
    $706 sounds like a deal, would appreciate the spec's you got and the dealer you worked with....ray@wassef.org

I am also in NJ...
This discussion has been closed.