Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions

Comments

• wheatenvwheatenv Member Posts: 8
    Car Man (or anyone else):

Do you know MF and residual (10k miles) for April 2010 Cayenne base model?

thanks!
  • s9r9d4s9r9d4 Guest Posts: 10
    What would the lease payment be for a 2010 V6 cayenne. MSRP: $53,995.

Lease = 36 months, 12k miles per year, $0 down payment.

PLEASE REPLY!

I am just looking for an approx. #.
    impossible to tell without the selling price. Money Factor for top tier credit is around .00146
  • rubin72rubin72 Member Posts: 20
    Read my post (#253), I give you a free and easy to use website and describe every piece of information that you'll need to answer your own question.

Good luck.
  • s9r9d4s9r9d4 Guest Posts: 10
    What would the lease payments be about on this vehicle. 36 months, 12k miles per year, $0 down payment.

Please calculate the monthly payment with $0 down.

QV4 - XM Satellite Radio
    0TD - Front & Rear Flr Mats Int Clr
    9AD - Automatic Climate Control
    9W5 - Bluetooth Phone Interface
    3FE - Moonroof
    UF1 - Universal Audio Interface
    EXT - All Wheel Drive
    PK1 - Front Seat Heater inc Str Whl
    PF2 - PCM with Navigation Module
    CD3 - 18" Cayenne Turbo Wheel
    G0R - Tiptronic S
    PO3 - Light Comfort Package

PRICE: $53,995.00

URL: http://huntington.porschedealer.com/2010/Porsche/Cayenne+Tiptronic/Huntington+St- ation/NY/500469/info.php
    what is the price you list, MSRP or Selling price? either way need to know both, plus residual and money factor
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi wheatenv. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Cayenne with 10,000 miles per year are .00146 and 54%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $5,000 cash incentive that Porsche is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • t3tunert3tuner Member Posts: 2
    I'm researching a replacement to my 06 boxster, looking for a 2010 version for which the dealer i bought the original car from doesnt have in there inventory.

I got basic $ dollar amounts based on similar configurations I was looking for the first time in. The second time in I test drove a PDK version to see if the extra money was worth it. We talked new numbers of course higher then the first visit but in range after a little negotiation.

I asked the sales guy to search for the configuration i wanted with and without PDK so I could compare. I searched and found some cars and forwarded to the sales guy finding the non pdk version and asked again to find a PDK version. I did some more searching and found a PDK version and decided to visit the dealer unnanounced. The sales guy was busy so i wondered around the floor for a while checking out the other cars when the sales guy was done with the other customers he never came over to visit me so i left. Any chance he didnt notice me?

I have had similar experiences with another dealer, i told them what i was looking for, they called me back i was in the middle of stuff and told them to email me and they never did.

has customer service gone to hell? Does being a nice customer even count anymore ?

The PDK version is priced 58k they said they would drop off 4k to 53-54k and a 36 lease payment of 797 with 3500 down. The non PDK version is 4k less and comes in at 751 a month. Im trying to get the PDK version for under 750 and the non pdk for 700. The dealers answer was to increase the 3500 to 5k. Am I being played ?
  • zheckszhecks Member Posts: 50
    Car Man (or anyone else)

Do you know latest MF and residual (10k & 12K miles) for April 2010 Cayenne and Cayenne S models?

I think the money factor is approx. .00146. would like to know if the residual change or not (I think it was 52% or lower)

thanks
    Hello zhecks. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Cayenne with 12,000 miles per year are .00146 and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Cayenne S are .00146 and 51%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, these trucks' residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • 99_528i99_528i Member Posts: 27
    Getting ready to sell my 04 Lexus GX470 for the GTS or Hybrid. Can't locate the Hybrid any dealers in N California, and I'm researching on the GTS. What is the MF and residual for leasing the Cayenne GTS for 3 years, 10k miles per year? And in some previous posts I saw a $5000 incentive, is that still applicable with any current lease?

Thanks.
  • schneller78schneller78 Member Posts: 21
    Hey Car_man

Any updates on the June 2010 MF and Residuals?

Regards,
    Schneller78
  • zheckszhecks Member Posts: 50
    Car Man (or anyone else)

Do you know the MF and residual (10k & 12K miles) for the new 2011 Cayenne S models? I know it just arrived at the showroom for the S model. The regular V6 is not here until sept.

thanks...zhecks
  • 9squaregrid9squaregrid Member Posts: 15
    Also very interested in the 2011 Cayenne numbers (all models)....
    Hey 99_528i. Porsche Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cayenne GTS with 10,000 miles per year are .00146 and 45%, respectively.

Porsche is currently providing a $8,000 cash incentive on 24 month and a $5,000 cash incentive on 36 month leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey schneller78. Porsche Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Cayenne with 12,000 miles per year are still .00146 and 53%, respectively.

Again the numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Cayenne S are .00146 and 51%.

Make sure to take the cash incentive that I mentioned in my previous post into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do, zhecks. Porsche Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cayenne S with 12,000 miles per year are .00219 and 55%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • sidtsidt Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2010
    Hi,

Any ideas on july rates and residuals on the 2011 Cayenne S. Also anyone lease a 2011 recently, what % off MSRP is doable these days.

Thanks.
    Hi Car_man,

Curious if you know the july rates and residuals for the 2011 porsche cayenne S?

Thanks.
  • heikoheiko Member Posts: 6
    I am also interested in this question. A dealer indicated that the residual for a three year lease is 55% which he said was great but then quoted a very substantial lease payment, which he said was the depreciation plus about $12,000.
    Is the following analysis correct? If a $80,000 car has a 55% residual, the residual would be based upon msrp so it would be $44,000, so there would be $36,000 of depreciation (rent) payments plus interest owed on $44,000 plus misc fees, whatever those would be plus sales tax. In the event the car can be purchased for a discount, then the rent payment portion of the lease would decrease.
    Interest rates are at an all time low, even for a car they cant be that high.
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited July 2010
    heiko,

The lease "book" depreciation is the difference between the adjusted capitalized cost and the residual value. Consider the following hypothetical example...

MSRP.................................... 80,000
    Negotiated Sell Price............... 74,000

Amounts Financed
    Acquisition Fee...................... 650
    Dealer Doc Fee..................... 250

Gross Cap Cost................... 74,900
    Cap Reduction (Trade Cr.).... 6,000
    Adj (net) Cap Cost (C).......... 68,900

Cost of Money/Residual

Money Factor (F)............... 0.00100
    Residual Factor................. 55%
    Residual Value (R)............ 44,000 (Res. Factor x MSRP)

Term (N).......................... 36

Monthly Payment = Ave. Monthly Lease Charge + Ave. Monthly Depreciation
    = F x (C + R) + (C - R) / N
    = 0.00100 x (68,900 + 44,000) + (68,900 - 44,000) / 36
    = 112.90 + 691.67

The 112.90 average monthly lease charge is analogous to the average monthly interest payment for an installment loan while the average monthly depreciation, 691.67, is analogous to the average monthly priniciple payment. The total, 804.57, is the monthly base payment.

The depreciation is not the difference between MSRP and the residual value. The only role that the MSRP plays is in determining the residual.

Leases are amortized in much the same way as installment loans. Most lease contracts contain an early termination clause that specifies how the lease balance is computed using the actuarial or constant yield method. This is really the same method used for installment loans. Each payment consists of two components: (1) interest (lease charge) and (2) priniciple (depreciation). The current month's priniciple (depreciation) is allocated toward reducing the previous month's outstanding loan (lease) balance. The interest (lease charge) for the current period is determined by multiplying the monthly interest rate (implicit in the lease) by the previous month's outstanding loan (lease) balance. This routine continues each month so that at the end of the lease, the outstanding lease balance equals the residual value. So, we begin amortizing the lease with the adjusted cap cost and end with residual value.

I always encourage those with leases or installment loans to create an amortization schedule using the EXCEL spreadsheet. If you wish to payoff a loan early or, terminate a lease early, you can easily and immediately determine your lease balance plus any applicable early termination charges. If you decide to purchase your leased vehicle, the buyout will be the lease balance plus any applicable purchase option fee/misc fees + title/reg fees + plus taxes.

Questions? Please let me know.

John
    Thank you, I am not sure that I understand all of these computations, I will review it again, however, the basic concept is similar to what I thought. First, there is a lineal determination of depreciation charge and second, there is an underlying loan charge that is based upon interest rates. I can see how the interest charge would not be based solely upon the residual as more than the residual is being financed. I look forward to hearing quotes for 2011 cayenne s, I went to look at one and evidently the dealer lost or gave back their franchise to Porsche, they didnt have much to say except that they had a few cars in the back of the lot, no cayennes
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You have a pretty good understanding of the numbers..

Actually, the finance charge is based on an average of the CAP cost and the Residual...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I see from your post the residual is 55%, what is the current money factor?

Thanks.
  • astern26astern26 Member Posts: 4
    Carman - what kind of rates are there today on cayenne s w 15k miles / year on a 36 month lease? thanks
    Here you go, sidt.

Porsche Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cayenne S with 15,000 miles per year are .00219 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi astern26. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Help, I am trying to figure out the math, I believe I am close on the concept.

If the msrp is $80,000 and that is what is paid, I come up with the following:

(.00219) x (80,000 plus 42,400) plus (80,000 - 42,400) is equal to 268.06 plus 37,600 divided by 36 is equal to $1,015 plus linear depreciation. That comes to a $2,000 lease payment.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You've added in an extra erroneous calculation..

($80,000 + $42,400) X (.00219) = $268.06.. (monthly finance/rent charge)

(80000 - 42400) / (36) = $1044.44.. (monthly depreciation)

$1044.44 + $268.06 = $1312.50.. (total payment.... pre-tax)

Hope that helps....

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Now I have it, thank you! So now the question becomes whether to buy a 2008 or lease a new one.
    Thank you.
  • eddypeddyp Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car_man,

Would the money factor and residuals be the same for a non-S model 2011 Cayenne?

I am looking to do a lease for 36 months, 12K mi/year, with top tier credit.

Thanks.
    Hi eddyp. Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Cayenne with an automatic transmission are .00177 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jaltomarejaltomare Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for the lease rates (MF/Residual) on a 2011 Cayenne Tiptronic 15K/36 mos?

thank you
  • hpohpo Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I was given .00219 money factor and 53% residual value on a 36 /12 for 2011 Cayenne S by a dealership in northern NJ. Interest rate seem a little high?

Thanks
  • amac5amac5 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,
    I'm looking to buy a Cayenne S

Does this sound right to you,

I was quoted, money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease 2011 Cayenne with an automatic transmission .00259 and 53%, respectively.

($80,000 + $42,400) X (.00259) = $317.02. (monthly finance/rent charge)

(80000 - 42400) / (36) = $1044.44.. (monthly depreciation)

$1044.44 + $317.02 = $1361.46 X 0.095 = $1,490.80 (total payment) based on (9.50% Tax)
    First off, is this right, and can you tell me, do you have any suggestions on getting the monthly payment below $1,300.
    Thank you.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jaltomare.

Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Cayenne with 15,000 miles per year are .00177 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hpo. The money factor that you were quoted is right on the money. A factor of .00219 is equivalent to an interest rate of around 5.25%. That's as good as it gets on a lease of an '11 Cayenne through PFS at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi amac5. The money factor that you were quoted is a little high. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier is only .00219 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure that the dealer uses his factor to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment.

The only ways to lower this vehicle's monthly payment are to get the dealer to use the buy rate money factor to calculate your payment or to negotiate a lower selling price.

If there's another Porsche dealer in your area and you haven't shopped around already, it wouldn't hurt to do a little comparison shopping.

Car_man
    Host
  • amac5amac5 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man

I'm wondering why you gave jaltomare this information.
    Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Cayenne with 15,000 miles per year are .00177 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers you gave me were .00219 and i have a 53% residual

Thank you again,
    Alan
  • number1leasingnumber1leasing Member Posts: 18
    different trims on the models.
  • number1leasingnumber1leasing Member Posts: 18
    what was the payment you were quoted?
  • 14dmuny14dmuny Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

What is the new buy rate money factor and residual on a 2011 Cayenne V6 and S for October? I'm getting some crazy discrepancies from my local dealers!

Thanks for the great forum!
  • lotus540ialotus540ia Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Hi Car.man,

I need your help please. I am picking up a new 2011 Cayenne Turbo in the Bay area next week and can't seem to find any info on money factor and residual for this car. Looking at a 36 months lease deal.

Thanks in advance for any info!
    V6 residual is 60%. MF have been all over the map with dealers trying to BS their way to a higher #. If your credit is high you may be able to get .00177 but then they won't budge much off MSRP.
  • kylelukenkyleluken Member Posts: 11
    Hello Car Man,

I am also looking for a lease on a 2011 Cayenne Turbo in South Florida (Miami) and I would like to know what money factors and residuals look like for this type of lease. I would be looking at 10K per year mileage.

Can you also please let me know what money factor increases to if you do not qualify for top tier (second tier?).

Thank you!!
  • the_b_manthe_b_man Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man or anyone else,

I see alot of talk about residuals and money factors but can you tell me a bottom line est of what I can expect to pay for a base Cayenne? Money down + Monthly fee? I live in S FL and dealer inventory shows MSRP on base models on the lots of about $53-55k.

I not sure why there is so much discussion about all the different factors on the these forums ie it doesn't matter to me whether the sale price is X and the residual is X... I only care about my total cost for the vehicle for a 3 year lease. The dealers can change so many different factors that if they for instance give you a great "sale price" they can change the money factor or residual so it really doesn't matter.

Anyone that can give me a rough est of what my total cost for this SUV would be over 3 years, the info would be much appreciated.

thanks!
    edited October 2010
    You're very welcome, 14dmuny. I'm glad that you enjoy it.

Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cayenne V6 with 15,000 mlles per year are .00177 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Cayenne S are .00219 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go lotus540ia. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 911 Cayenne Turbo with 15,000 miles per year are .00219 and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kyleluken. Wow another turbo lease. Please see my previous post for the numbers that you're looking for. The residual values for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 3% higher than the 15k resids.

I'm not sure what sort of credit score one needs to qualify for this rate.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.