Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions

Comments

• silverforumsilverforum Member Posts: 5
    April 2011 Cayenne Base V6 Tiptronic lease rates for 36 months, 10,000 miles please!
    Also can you confirm that Porsche does NOT allow you to lock-in rates while you're order is being built? BMW does so thought this was strange.
  • olimolim Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote for a 133,000 MSRP turbo worked down to 127,000 for 2585 a month before taxes and 2500 down on a 36 month 12k milleage lease. The money factor used was .0027 and the residual is 47%. According to him the residual is off a figure of 117,000 which is used as their max figure for the cayenne.

I have outstanding credit....but I feel like this is not a good lease....

Anyone have any other dealers that would beat this ?

thanks for any help
  • buffalo62buffalo62 Member Posts: 4
    Any update on the April 2011 Cayenne base V6 Tiptronic 36 month lease rates ? I'm being told it's .002900 for April for 36 month and another source shared it's lower than that. Realizing dealers can mark up the buy rate - trying to confirm the April standard rate from PFS.
    Thanks,
  • albonyaalbonya Member Posts: 11
    That's high. The lease programs changed slightly. Just got a dealer quote sheet (on an S) and the top tier money factor is .0020 for 36 months. residual of 53% on 10k per year (although I think that's for 12k).

The bigger problem is actually finding a car. I live in a high demand market and almost all Cayenne inventory for the next 2-3 months is spoken for.

Zero deals. Full sticker or higher.
    Thanks- I'm meeting with the GM tommorow - it's safe to say that the April rate of .00198 for Cayenne triptronic went to .00200 not .00298 as I was told they had not marked up the rate. I appreciate the update - thanks very much.
    edited April 2011
    It depends on who you talk to. I actually talked to another dealer who said the current PFS money factor on the Cayenne S was .0035 - over 8% for top tier credit.

That just theft considering how cheap money is these days.

However, there aren't many Cayenne's out there (especially if you're trying to get the base model). They may be just taking advantage of that fact.
    I'm waiting for the money factors this evening and will share once I have. I think my rate was marked up a point. .00200 to .00290 (if I'm understanding this correctly). If you hear anything more please let me know as I'm close to making the decision. Thanks- and agree it's theft in light of interest rates-
  • kylelukenkyleluken Member Posts: 11
    Hi Carman, I asked you a couple of months ago about MF/residual on a 36 mos. 10k per year on a 2011 cayenne s. I ordered car at that time but wanted to find out April MF/ residual as I need to finalize lease as car should be in at end of April/ early may.

Thanks again for all of your help over the past few months.

Kyle
    edited April 2011
    I just talked to 3 dealers about these same lease specs.

Dealer 1 - MF: .00220, 54%

Dealer 2 - MF: .00228, 55%

Dealer 3 - MF: .00350, 53%

Hard to tell who's telling the truth these days. Some of these guys will tell you anything to get you off the market. Really depends on how much your dealer is trying to hide in the lease.
    Thanks for that.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ratings. Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2011 Cayenne Hybrid with 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi silverforum. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cayenne Base V6 Tiptronic with 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's an update for you kyleluken. Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cayenne S with 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    If you're actually able to find a car that isn't spoken for, it's incredibly hard to find one that isn't going to go for over sticker.

At least that's what I ran into.

Was told by 2 dealers that you're way better off waiting until August.

Money factor is a HUGE profit center for dealers right now and they're marking them up big.

Ended up getting a 2011 Range Rover instead. Great lease deals.$5k down, $1,050/month 36/10k
  • kylelukenkyleluken Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2011
    Thanks carman. Well I see residual dropped 2% on '11 cayenne s for 36 mos/ 10k per year... I am signing in three weeks as car is in transit from factory , so if you think of it can you please send me may information from PFS on Monet rate and residual when you have a chance. I am wondering if I would have done better ordering a 2012 as residual would be higher. Msrp and accessories are probably going up on 2012 model i would imagine too ?? Any thoughts on that carman? Thanks very very much!
    Kyle
    Thanks for the information, albonya. That explains why Porsche eliminated its lease support on the Cayenne. I'm not surprised that dealers are marking money factors up if supply is so tight. I suppose that I would if I was them too.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome kyleluken. Yes, the residual values for the 2012 Cayenne will likely be slightly higher than the resids for the 2011 model. All things being equal, namely the MSRP selling price, higher residuals would result in a lower monthly payment. Of course, things are rarely equal and the MSRP and selling price would likely be higher on the '12, eliminating at least some, if not all of the advantage of the higher residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • jergansjergans Member Posts: 2
    I am contemplating ordering a 2012 Cayenne S. 10,000 miles/year. Assume September delivery (at least that is what I am being told). Is there any way to guess what the residual will be? Since it will be early in the model year, I assume it will be quite favorable. I notice that the residual for a 2011 S dropped from 55% to 52% (for 10,000mi/year) just in the last few months.

Is it safe to assume that the residual for a 2012 Cayenne for Sept. delivery will be in the 55% range? Let's assume gas doesn't go to $6/gallon...if so all SUV residuals will tank!

Thanks!
  • jackj27jackj27 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2011
    Hey Al or carman,

Looking to get a hybrid, month36, 15k, is it really worth to wait till august, as gas prices are only going to go up and 2011 or 2012? Any suggestions? :)

Jack
  • travelboy11travelboy11 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I was looking to lease a Cayenne tipronic (invoice $45,630) or the S model (invoice $57,960) with $0.00 down, top credit score, 36 months. Can you please let me know how much a lease for these cars would be based on invoice and the is the likely hood of getting the price down to/near invoice?

Thank you
  • travelboy11travelboy11 Member Posts: 2
    forgot to mention, 10, 000 miles
  • ratingsratings Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man,

Is the information on the Cayenne Hybrid 2011 lease below still applicable for May? Or has it changed? If so, what are the new numbers.
    Thank you!
    Ratings

"Hi ratings. Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2011 Cayenne Hybrid with 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. "
    Hi jergans. Porsche's current lease program is scheduled to run through June 30th. It is difficult to say what its program will look like in September.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jackj27. Gas prices actually have taken an pause and might head down slightly in the short term. It's difficult to say what they will be like on August. Normally the summer driving season causes gasoline prices to rise, but it's tough to say what will happen this year. There's no doubt (at least in my mind) that speculation has driven the price of oil back over $100 per barrel. WTI could easily slip into the $90s and stay there for a while. Then again there are many people who believe that the government is creating inflation that that we will see $120 before the end of the year. I guess that my point is that it's difficult to say where gas prices are headed and that it's not necessarily up in the short run.

Porsche is not providing any lease support on the Cayenne right now, so I personally don't think that there's any harm in waiting to lease one though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi travelboy11. I'd be happy to work up sample lease payments on the Cayennes that you are interested in for you, however in order for me to do so I need both their MSRPs and approximate selling prices. I can come up with an approximate selling price by looking at the invoice prices that you mentioned but I still need the MSRPs. Let me know what they are and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ratings. I believe that Porsche's May lease program is exactly the same as its April program was.

Car_man
    Host
  • ratingsratings Member Posts: 9
    Thank's car man! What should I do if the dealer tries to raise the lease rate from the #'s that you gave me?
    Ratings
    You're very welcome ratings. That's the art of negotiating a good deal. You can't force a dealer to lease you a vehicle using the lowest possible money factor, but you can haggle with them or shop around with other dealers.

Car_man
    Host
  • verbowverbow Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2011
    As I look into leasing a 2011 Cayenne S, I'm shocked by the variability in terms being quoted on this board. I've leased 2 cars over the last 6 years and MF and residual value were always consistent between dealers and easily located online. Was I previously lucky or is this variability the norm?

In any event, I looked at a 2011 Cayenne S with an MSRP of 83,220 that was reduced to 76,500 without a hitch. I was then told the MF was 0.00260 and the residual value 53% for a 36 month, 10,000 mile/year lease. I said that I had seen lower money factors consistently referenced on this board - typically 0.00220 - and he said this figure was not accurate and the MF and residual value were set by PFS. He said they had been consistent since April 1 and expire June 30. I was also told the highest MSRP PFS will allow on an S lease for residual value calculation is $80,000, so that figure had to be used in the calculation instead of $83,245. This effectively reduced the residual value from 53% to 51% when I plugged numbers into my lease calculator.

I was glad he readily knocked 8% off the MSRP, but is he pulling my leg on the terms to compensate? Another dealer nearby has a similar model that's slightly less equipped. I plan on calling their financial manager on Monday to see what's going on.
    Hi verbow. If your credit is in good shape, the dealer is definitely marking up this Cayenne's money factor to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal. PFS' current buy rate for this model is definitely only .00220 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm not sure about the maximum residual amount for the Cayenne. To me it seems strange that PFS would cap it, given the a la carte menu of options that Porsche offers, but I suppose that it's possible.

Car_man
    Host
  • verbowverbow Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Car_man. Interesting. I called another dealer's financial manager and gave him no details about my first lease discussion. He quoted the exact same terms, including the 0.0226 money factor. Could it be different on the Cayenne and the Cayenne S? He also validated the $80,000 cap on residual value. Are these money factors published anywhere?
    Hi verbow. The factors for the Cayenne and Cayenne S are the same. Porsche is not providing any lease support on either one right now. I don't believe that PFS' programs are published anywhere for the general public.

Car_man
    Host
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    Dear Car_man,

What is Porsche Financial Services’ September buy rate lease money factor and residual percentage for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Porsche Cayenne (with PDK) with 12,000 miles per year?

Also, I am open to any lease terms that will yield the lowest possible drive-off and monthly payment for this car. Is it wiser to lease a 2012 model? Are shorter-term (i.e. 18-month) leases still available, and, if so, are they a better deal?
    Hi ihitcows. Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Porsche Cayenne with PDK and 12,000 miles per year are .00220 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

For some reason the 2012 model's lease program doesn't appear to be any better than the 2011 model's program so you might as go with the '11 and the likely larger dealer discount that you will be able to get on it.

Porsche was running some 18-month specials on the 911, Boxster, and Cayman, but I don't think that it had this program on the Cayenne.

Car_man
    Host
  • lacargirllacargirl Member Posts: 9
    Car Guy,
    Can you help me with what the residual and money factor should be on a 2012 Cayenne v6 for a 36 month lease $0 down, 10,000 miles/year in los angeles? Also for a 48 month lease?

Thanks so much
    Great name lacargirl :). I'd be happy to help you out. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2012 Cayenne V6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00200 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • eaw801eaw801 Member Posts: 21
    edited October 2011
    Hello car man,
    I am about to lease a 2011 Cayenne S? The original MSRP was app $82,000.00. It has 4,000 miles on it and price has been reduced to $75,400.00 The lease would be 3 year/12,000 miles. What is the MF on this? The residual? Dealer stated that since car has not changed, the residual is basically the same. My spouse wants to put in enough upfront money to keep the monthly payments closer to $900 than to $1100. My spouse thinks negotiated price is great and is tempted to buy it over 60 months. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi eaw801. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Cayenne S with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Dear Car_man,

What is Porsche Financial Services’ September buy rate lease money factor and residual percentage for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic with 12,000 miles per year?
    *December

not "September"...
    I know how you feel, ihitcows. I can't believe that it's December already either :).

Porsche Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cayenne Tiptronic with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

In case you're interested, I've heard that Cayennes are in fairly short supply right now and that dealers aren't haggling much on them.

Car_man
    Host
    Sup, Car_man?

Well, haven't pulled the trigger yet, so I was wondering:

Have Porsche Financial Services’ buy rate lease money factor and residual percentage for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic with 12,000 miles per year changed since last month?

And, you're very right. They're not budging.

Thanks a bunch.
  • dragonfdragonf Member Posts: 2
    Dear Car_man,

My local Houston dealer is quoting me a Porsche Finance lease payment of $1,040 per month on a 3yr 15K miles/yr. The lease payment includes Texas sales tax at 6.25%, $500 dealer services fees, $850 acquisition fees. Residual value of 54%.
    The money factor used is apparently 0.0028.
    Does this sound right to you? The Cayenne is the only one available for modification and delivery in early May 2012 (according to their allocation). Is this why they are pushing the money factor so high? I have perfect credit with 2 BMW leases under my belt since 2006 (never late on a single payment which were on average $800/month).
    The dealer is telling me his cost on the lease is based on a MF of 0.00208, and that he cannot go below a MF of 0.0028. I want him to reduce the MF to 0.0025 so my lease payment would be $1,000 or so and I will feel better about the 3 year deal.

Please advise! Thanks in advance!
    Hey ihitcows. Yeah, unfortunately the supply of Cayennes appears to be very tight in the United States right now. I hear that they are selling them all overseas.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cayenne Tiptronic with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi including. While the market for the Cayenne is tight right now, if possible I would try to avoid having the dealer mark up my vehicle's money factor if I was interested in getting one right now. That's what appears to be happening with this offer. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2012 Cayenne is only .00200 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. If your credit is in good shape, try to get the dealer to use that factor to calculate your payment.

The other important, negotiable factor of this deal is the truck's selling price. You never mentioned what that is. I doubt that the dealer will be willing to provide you with much of a discount on a Cayenne right now, but you still should find out what you are being charged for the vehicle that you want.

Car_man
    Host
  • sjl225sjl225 Member Posts: 29
    edited February 2012
    Hello Car_man
    Can you kindly provide me Porsche's current lease M.F.'s and residuals for 24...36...48 months...12k miles p/y for both the Cayenne S & Cayenne S Hybrid?
    Thank you for your help!
    Here's the information that you're looking for sjl225. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Cayenne S with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for 36- and 48-month leases of this truck are .00200 / 52% and .00200 / 45%.

The numbers for the 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid are .00200 / 58%, .00200 / 51% and .00200 / 44%.

Car_man
    Host
  • sjl225sjl225 Member Posts: 29
    Thanks so much!
    I can't tell you how appreciative I am of your help.
    I've been told that Porsche Financial now caps the lease residuals to the manufacturers list of 81k and 85k dollars for the Cayennes S and S Hybrid respectively. Is that the case?

Thanks again
    You're very welcome sjl225. I haven't heard the specific limits, but it is very possible that PFS places a cap on the maximum amount that it will allow to be residualized on a lease. It makes sense on a vehicle like a Porsche with such a huge list of possible options.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.