Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-3 Lease Questions

Comments

• rjdayrjday Member Posts: 4
    OPPS! I looked at the wrong price I was quoted. He said I would lose the $1500 rebate if I lease so the final cost would be $41,782 (MSRP 43,380) Soory for the confusion!
  • sdoo25sdoo25 Member Posts: 25
    Thanks Car Man.
  • sdoo25sdoo25 Member Posts: 25
    Hi Car Man. Thanks for the previous info on the 2.0T sedan. I was wondering what the MF and residuals for the sportcombi were with 12k and 15k miles per year, 24 and 36 months. Thanks.
  • stoneg777stoneg777 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man. I read 10 steps to leasing a car. thanks for the link. So here's where I'm at. MSRP of $30,095 and with Saab's posted Spring special they want $299/27month term with $2,999 due at lease inception (includes down pmt., acq. fee & first mo. pmt.)My question is, Is this a good deal? I know you say no down payment but I'm feeling that they are going laugh me out of the building and jack up the monthly payment. Any advice is appreciated.

Note: I tried at a different dealer to get an Anniv. ed.(31,920 MSRP) but they wouldn't go lower the 380 month with 4000 down. So now I'm trying to get a basic model to keep the payments near $300 month. Thanks again for a great forum

One last question:
    Can you lease cars from a dealer in a different state than I live in?

Stone
  • sidehatchsidehatch Member Posts: 1
    Hi car_man, could you post the same information for the 2.0T SportCombi?

27 month lease
    36 month lease
    39 month lease

15,000 miles per year

rates and residuals offered by SFSC. Thanks in advance!
  • k9profk9prof Member Posts: 1
    Hey,
    First time leasing. I just left the dealership and wanted to see if they are giving me a good deal. the MSRP was 28,464 and the selling price was 24,600. With a 27 month lease and $1000 out the door (acquisition, 1st mo., dmv) and 15,000 mi/yr. the payment was $374/mo.

Also, they mentioned a safety lease ins of roughly $15/mo. additional. The salesman said this covers anything wrong with the car when returning ie. tires, brake rotors, door dings.

Thanks for the help.
  • itismeitisme Member Posts: 1
    Just leased a 9-3. Auto. was the only option (got black, who pays $550 for paint?)

Got $310 a month for 27 and $2,400 down (includes sec., $500 cost cap., $800 in taxes, first month and acq.)

Hope this helps your haggling.
  • crzycool22crzycool22 Member Posts: 18
    You could have done a little better - I got a 9-3 with Sunroof and Metallic paint for $326 per month 27 months - only $700 down (which was 1st month and DMV)However, I was returning leasee, so I received $500 loyalty credit.
  • bobbyabobbya Member Posts: 3
    How are you guys getting these deals? I've been getting crazy quotes over the phone and these dealers are impossible to deal with...

One tells me 320/month 3500 down?!! for a base model

another tells me 2000 down 400/month!?!

One lady tells me the residual for 36 month lease is 59% and 27 month its 71% the 59% didn't make sense to me...

How the heck do I get a deal for 326 a month only 700 down like crzycool22?

I'm running my own numbers and am looking at the following ...

MSRP (base model 2.0 w/auto trans..thats it)

63% residual for 36 months

Figure I can get a fair sale price of..

which gives me a monthly dep payment of

lease rate 3.35 or .0014

money factor payment portion

Bottom line lease payment

6% pennsylvania sales tax (confused on this, do I multiply .06 * bottom line lease payment.. or do I take the negotiated sales price, multipy by .06 and divide by 36?

19.70 or 45.66 ????

Final cost per month with no cap contribution

348 or 373

which leaves me to put down what? first month, security, what else?

What do you guys think of my numbers.. what am I doing wrong.. how do I improve on this.

Help!!
  • bobbyabobbya Member Posts: 3
    also, the 3K cash incentive has nothing to do with the lease right? This is only for purchase I assume..
  • saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    Your residual value is off by 6%,base residual for 36 months is 57%.This puts your dep.payment @$312.32,interest payment@$60.98.total payment,pretax= $373.70x9%= $406.90(Leases in Pa.are taxed at 9%on base monthly payment,10% if you reside in Philadelphia county or any zip code beginning with 191 prefix)
  • jefhackjefhack Member Posts: 20
    Can anyone share the current lease rates and residuals for a 9-3 2.0T on 10K miles/year?

Thanks!
  • realhawkerrealhawker Member Posts: 30
    (~32,000 MSRP) $360 a month without any Cap cost redu is fair... obviously you have to pay TTL+
  • rhauer1rhauer1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody have an opinion on:

Anniversary, with roof and cold package. I think MSRP is about $31,920. 27 months, 18k miles, $1500 cash back to me, $499 a month.
  • lednameledname Member Posts: 96
    I will be trying to do a lease that has 22K miles per year in it. When doing the computations, where does the additional cost for the mileage go in the equation?

I'm thinking about a 36 month lease of a 2.0T, manual, Premium (17"), Cold, Moonroof, metallic paint. Invoice is $29,495. So...I'm thinking:

Sell Price: $29,800
    Cap Cost: $29,800
    Res Value (63%) $18,774
    MF .00140
    Payment (incl 6% tax)$415

Where does the additional cost for the mileage (.15/mile???) $3150 get factored?

Also...does it sound like an acceptable deal? Should I be able to do better in CT?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, rjday. Are we talking about the same car? A 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T equipped as you stated only has an MSRP of around $31,000, not $41,000. Did you mean $31,xxx or are you talking about a Saab 9-5?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, sdoo25.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey sdoo25. Saab Financial Services' current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-3 SportCombi 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.5% and 56%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher for the 24 month term and 2% higher for the 36 month term. As you can see, Saab publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome Stone. Taking a look at the selling price of the car that you want is probably the best way to tell how good a deal you are getting on it. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash or financing. The lower your car's selling price is, the lower its lease payment will be. Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the 9-3 that you want. You should be able to get one for pretty close to dealer invoice if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition. Once you have a price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that you are working with use Saab Financial Services' base lease rate to calculate your monthly payment.

You do not have to lease your vehicle from a dealer in your home state, but you cannot avoid paying your home state's sales tax rate on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the info that you're interested in, sidehatch. SFSC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.5% and 56%. The numbers for a 39 month lease of this vehicle are 3.5% and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome k9prof. Even though it is your first time leasing, you are off to a good start. You were smart to find out the selling price of the car that you want. The price that you were quoted looks good to me. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Saab's Financial Services Corp.'s base lease rate of 3.35% for this model to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're right, bobbya. The $3,000 customer cash that Saab is currently providing on the 2007 9-3 is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, jefhack. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease. Let me know if you want something different. Saab Financial Services' current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are 3.35% and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rhauer1. What is this car's selling price? this is a very important number for you to find out. Without it, it is difficult to tell how much of a discount you are being given on the 9-3 that you want and if there is more room left to negotiate. Let me know what this number is and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    Does anyobody know if those customer cash rebates are available for a lease with a bank other than mfrs. captive company (say leasecompare.com or similar), or do they have to be used in purchases, period? Just curious...

2018 430i Gran Coupe

First things first....the residual pct. of 63% you quote is for 30 months NOT 36.The current resid.pct.for 15k./36 mos.is 57%.Now to answer your question: Calculate the 15k./yr residual,take 21,000 add'l. miles X's.15....subtract that number($3,150)from the 15k.residual value previously calculated.Re-calculate your lease with the lower residual value.REMEMBER:residual value's are a pct. of the cars M.S.R.P.,NOT calculated on the capitalized cost!
  • rjdayrjday Member Posts: 4
    Thanks again for getting back to me. The car is the 9-3 2.OT Convertible (not the Aero)from Akron Ohio.
  • lednameledname Member Posts: 96
    Thanks for the info...very helpful.
  • jefhackjefhack Member Posts: 20
    How do these rates look for the 9-3 2.0t convertible? 36 months, 10K miles.
  • fubar32fubar32 Member Posts: 2
    How does the GM Supplier Discount and cash allowance figure into the lease amounts? For example, in the Northeast, there's a $3000 cash allowance. How does that work into the leasing figures?

Based on supplier pricing, what should be the lease payments on a 2007 2.0T with auto and cold weather package, 36 months, 12K miles, $1000 down? What would the residuals be?

Thanks.
  • crs4_00crs4_00 Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know where I can find GMS pricing for a Saab 9-3? This is the GMS pricing and not the GM Supplier price I am looking for.

Thanks,
    Chris
    This might seem like an obvious answer ....Why not simply contact your closest Saab dealer?The GMS Employee pricing program is an audited uniform price program.No dealer can offer you an identically equipped car at anything other than the GMS price which is printed on the dealers factory invoice.
  • crs4_00crs4_00 Member Posts: 10
    Yes, I could do that but would rather have the information in hand before going to the dealer. Customer service is not a top priority, in general, in south Florida.

I went to a Chevy dealer to look at a Tahoe for my wife and one dealer told me there were no special finance rates during an advertised sale (huh?)and any special rate could not be combined with GMS, total bull.
  • srqcaddysrqcaddy Member Posts: 6
    You can find GMS pricing on Saab models by logging onto www.gmfamilyfirst.com. Go to new vehicle purchase and click on pricing. Toward the bottom of the page is a link (PDF file) for Saab.

Hope this helps.
  • srqcaddysrqcaddy Member Posts: 6
    The $3000 cash is not available with leases. If you read back in the forum you will see residuals and money factor for your 36mo/12k lease. The lease calculator here lease calculator is pretty easy to use.
  • dmvalynndmvalynn Member Posts: 3
    Can someone help me ? I went to look at a 2.0 vert with 60th anniv package. The salesman gave me for 12k miles a rate of 5.7% for both a 27 and 39 mos lease. He also gave me residuals of 73 and 63%. Do these figures look reasonable ? This would be a no money down lease. Thank you in advance for your help !
  • mattyamattya Member Posts: 1
    Looking for advice on the following lease which I am about to pull the trigger on...

Saab 9-3 2.0T Sport Sedan, Automatic, Black (non-metallic), Cold Weather package
    39 months
    10,000 miles per year
    3.35% rate
    60% residual
    Putting $2000 down to cover acquisition, security, 1st month, and then some cap cost reduction.
    Payment comes out to $369 per month.

If we change the term from 39 months to 36 months, the payment goes up by about $7 per month. If we make it a 27 month lease, the pmt goes up by $18 per month.

Am I okay with the above deal???

Thanks for your help.
    Looking for advice on this deal. Went looking over the weekend for a convertible, I got the following offer:

MSRP 42165
    SP 39495
    27 mos 12k per year, int rate 5.7%, resid 73%. Lease payment w/o taxes and fees 499.59 per month. This is a 2.0 vert with the 60th anniv pkg and cold package.

Thanks for your help
    Yes, dino001, the $3,000 customer cash incentive that Saab is providing on the 2007 9-3 is available on leases through independent banks. It just isn't compatible with Saab Financial Services Corp.'s special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, jefhack. Saab Financial Services' Corp.'s current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are 5.7% and 66%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi fubar32. If you are able to lease the 9-3 that you are interested in through General Motors' Supplier Purchase Program, you can use the attractive selling price that this program provides as the capitalized cost for your lease. Unfortunately, the $3,000 customer cash that Saab is currently providing on the '07 9-3 is not compatible with its special lease program. I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment would be if you were to lease this car through the supplier program, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact model that you want. A dealer can provide you with these numbers, or you can look them up on the following site: GM Supplier Discount.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Chris. Any Saab dealer can tell you what the GMS price is for the car that you are interested in. You also should be able to look up this program's price of the car that you want by visiting the following site: GM Family First Employee Discount Network.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello dmvalynn. The lease rate and residual value that you were quoted for this car are right in line with Saab's base lease program for it. This is a good thing. Now all you have to do is negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you want and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings mattya. The lease program that you were quoted for this car is right in line with Saab's base program for this car. This is a good thing. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing though. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dmvalynn. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for the 9-3 2.0T Convertible that you are interested in are right in line with Saab's base lease program for it. This is a good thing.

Now let's take a look at this car's selling price. The model that you described probably has a spread of around $2,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts the selling price that you were quoted below invoice, which is an excellent deal.

The two main profit centers on leases look good to me. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Sorry to be nit-picky,but S.F.S.C. stopped being the source for leasing Saabs well over a year ago.All leases are done through G.M.A.C.
    Thanks for the info. For some reason I was not alerted to the response. I ordered the car and are looking forward to some top down driving !
  • wokscottwokscott Member Posts: 8
    Anybody know what the incentives are for a 2007 9-3? What can I expect for a lease payment for 12K miles per year w/ 17" Premium and metalic paint? My lease is up July 15. Should I waait or get it now?
  • jpsnackjpsnack Member Posts: 2
    I'm about to close tomorrow on a 27 month/15K per year lease on a 2007 Saab 9-3. It is a dealer demo car with 5130 miles on it.

The dealer is quoting 4.35% Interest Rate and 68% Residual. Is that correct, or is he tacking an extra point on the interest rate?

MSRP: $30495
    Cap Cost: $28067
    Tax, Acquisition fee, and registrations fees paid up front.

Bottom line - the dealer quotes $380.47/month but when I run the lease calculator it comes $360.56.

His number for the residual is $20271 which is 66.5% I assume that it is because of the extra depreciation due to the 5130 miles on the car to start. Is that correct?

Am I missing anything else?

Jim
  • jpsnackjpsnack Member Posts: 2
    Just met with the dealer and here's the deal we worked out for a 27 month/15K per year lease for the 9-3 with auto, cold weather package and metallic paint, driven 5013 miles by the owner's wife:

MSRP 30565
    Cap Cost: 28067
    Rate 3.35% (with a $400 security deposit. The 4.35% rate was without the deposit)
    Residual: 20271 (68% reduced by existing miles @ $.10/mi )
    Nothing down to reduce the cap cost, just tax, title, security deposit, acq fee and first month's payment. Monthly payment came to $359 and change.

We pick it up this afternoon.

Jim
This discussion has been closed.