Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru B9 Tribeca Lease Questions

Comments

• douglasduboisdouglasdubois Member Posts: 3
    I got my Tribeca Saturday. Monday drove it to FL, it is unbelievable, my 4th Subaru, somewhat biased??, maybe but have an Audi as well. I leased no money down, taxes rolled in etc and pay $498.00 now this does include some excess from my previous VDC which i owned but still owed on!!, also i have the 15,000 miles allowance and a guaranteed buyout of 20995.00
    I cannot recommend this car enough, i, as everyone else test drove everything comparable, the only other serious contender for me was the Hybrid twins from Toyota but the lexus was too much and the Highlander just not visually exciting. Anyway good luck.
  • mjk7mjk7 Member Posts: 8
    Sounds great! What color did you get ? I hope to pick mine up on Saturday. $ 445 with tax no money down 12 K
  • ajfitzerajfitzer Member Posts: 30
    I got sucked in! The Outback has NO $$ incentives right now, and the Tribeca has been a bit a loser for Subaru. I live in NJ, and started calling dealers for quotes on the Outback. I was not getting good numbers, as Subaru is not offering anthing on the Outback. When I mention the Tribeca, the dealers were more confident on the numbers. I was quoted TODAY from a Pennsylvania dealer $367/month 36 months, 12K miles, with $370 down for fees, and inludes the FINAL TWO PAYMENTS ON MY LEGACY!! This was for a LOADED 7 passenger Limited, White with Grey leather, Navigation, etc. If I decide to hold onto my Legacy, they drop the payment to $352/month for 36 months.

The second PA dealer offered me the Tribeca Limited without the Navigation, using $31,190 as the number with over $2K in dealer cash and incentives, $362/month for 36 months, 12K miles, $852 down for tax and fees.

Did I mention they will waive the first month and security deposit because I have SUBARU LEASE LOYALTY?

I do not love the look of the Tribeca, but this sounds very good to me! Any thoughts? Do I jump on this?
  • mjk7mjk7 Member Posts: 8
    Sounds like a great deal. Is that with Nav and DVD?
    The offer I got was with Nav but no DVD. I did not care about either, but it is certainly a bonus.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    It's nice, you'll enjoy having it.

Nice deal, too.

-juice
  • slurisluri Member Posts: 37
    if you don't mind, which pa dealers?
    i am looking for a 7 lmt with nav.
    thanks
    sluri
    Becker Subaru in PA, near the NJ border. I am was quote $362 a month, putting down about $900 for taxes up front, for a Tribeca Limited-7. Keep in mind I do have Subaru lease loyalty though (they waived security and first months).
    After negotiating with SEVERAL local dealers in NY and NJ, I spoke with 2 in PA (near the NJ border) who were by far the most competitive and most knowledgable on the Tribeca.

Yesterday I traded in my 2003 Legacy L SE Sedan with 2 months remaining for a brand new 2006 Tribeca Limited 7Pass with Navigation. As I stated earlier, I was able to negotiate an excellent deal with only $370 down (plus $180 for the roof rack I had thrown on), and a monthly payment of $367/month for 36 months, 12K miles, and taxes were inlcuded. Anyone in the greater NY area MUST make the trip out to PA. It will save you $$$.

Fitz
  • slurisluri Member Posts: 37
    congrats.
    i am really irritated that the nav doesn't come with voice activation and also it doesn't have bluetooth.
    big negatives for me. i don't mind the styling and actually like it, but my wife hates it with a passion.
    how are the 3rd row seats? are they comparable to MDX?
    thanks
    sluri
  • doggie76doggie76 Member Posts: 4
    I'm about the sign the papers on a fully loaded 7 pass ltd. w/ navi and dvd for $399/month, this includes taxes. The car was a demo with 1k miles on it. They offered $405/month for 7 pass ltd w/navi only, but I decided to go with the demo because of the monthly. What do you guys think?

I forgot to add, this was for 12k/yr 36mth. residual was 56% and money factor .00032. All 7pass for march have .00032 and all 5 pass have .0007 for march.

I think this is the best crossover suv that I can get for my money for 399/month.
  • raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    Sounds like you want an MDX....
  • cacmancacman Member Posts: 40
    That sounds like a very good deal - do you mind posting the actual #'s - MSRP - CAP Price - just curious as to the amount of discount they provided due to the 1k miles - do you get the bumper to bumper for 37k and 36 months from delivery?
    Sluri- GO TO THE MDX BOARD!! If you want an MDX, then get one. Quit making the comparison between Acura and Subaru. They are different models with SEVERAL $$'s seperating them. :mad:
  • doggie76doggie76 Member Posts: 4
    MSRP: $39,468, Cap, 34,625, Bank Fees, $595, Trade in credit of $495 and a tax rate of 8.375. The warrenty is still 36/36. I'm just going to risk the extra 1k miles. I think the dealer said there was a 1000 dealer cash which i recieved. I'm going to sign the paperwork and pick up the car today. The best deal they offered for a non-demo with same features (nav/dvd) was $429 or $405 w/ only nav. All with no $ down, just first payment and dmv fees of 187.5. Hope that helps.
    After looking at the numbers it looks like a better deal than the SOA special lease with taxes and down payment rolled into the monthly, so I guess the lease deal offered is negotiable if you get a good salesman to work with.

SC
  • cacmancacman Member Posts: 40
    I would sign for your deal right now if it was offered - my latest offer is 7 pass limited no nav or res for 369/mo plus tax (10% in PA) - at this point I think the nav and RES would add around $ 45 / month - I am going to wait until April to see what addl amounts of discount they may have - please let me know how you like the car.
  • pete_rocpete_roc Member Posts: 11
    Hi all,

New to leasing and to Subaru. I’m interested in leasing a 7Pass LTD B9 with Nav. I live in the San Diego area and there is a special that claims $4,000.00 Off MSRP - $1,000.00 Rebate = Total Savings $5,000.00. What would be a good lease on such a vehicle and has anyone leased a B9 in So. Cal (7.75% sales tax)?

Also, I tend to buy cars with cash and hold on to them for 8-10 yrs but truth be told the buy and hold model is getting old given that family needs change. This car would be for my wife and two kids (4 and 2 yr old) which I think would fit them well and provide all the current safety features I could possibly ask for. Most SUV are too big but the B9 seems just right for a small family of four with the occasional in-law visit :cry: . My concerns about leasing are…
    1. What happens in case of car accident or theft?
    2. I expect to put at the most 10k miles on it. So given a 12k lease, is it still worth leasing? What are the implications of turning in a low mile car?
    3. Should I care what the money factor and residuals are, if I tend to simply part with the car at the end of the lease?
    4. Is there a way to determine the length of care ownership that makes leasing a better option over buying new?
    5. Are there any “gochas” to look out for in leasing?

Any help with the above would be greatly appreciated.

Pedro
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi chris_tx. The selling prices of leased vehicles are always negotiable, just as if you were paying cash or financing. The fact that a manufacturer is advertising a lease on a particular model does not prevent one from negotiating its selling price. In fact, I would go as far to say that smart shoppers can usually beat the deals that manufacturers advertise. If one thinks about it, it makes sense. An automaker would make its dealers pretty angry if it advertised the lowest possible lease on a car or truck. Shop around and negotiate as low a selling price as possible for the Tribeca that you want. Then have the dealer use Subaru's current base lease money factor and residual value to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment. On the model that you are considering, a base '06 B9 Tribeca 5-Passenger, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year is currently .00070 and 57%, respectively. For a lease with 12,000 miles per year, the residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • subienewbie2subienewbie2 Member Posts: 458
    In addition to chris_tx comments the benefits of leasing is that if you intend to keep a car for about 3 years or less, you can get into a car for a lower monthly payment compared to purchasing.

If you use the car for business, there are definite tax advantages to leasing.

Regarding a total loss (Accident or theft) most leases today include gap loss coverage. What this means if the car is totalled and your insurance company settlement is less than balance owed on the lease, the leasing company covers the difference.
  • damardamar Member Posts: 5
    In your deal you mention a '06 7 pass w/ nav besides the roof rack do you have any other options..?
    Damer- I got it loaded....the 7 Passenger limited comes pretty much loaded as it is, but besides the roof rack, it came in Satin White Pearl with Grey leather, included Navigation, Auto Dimming Mirror/Compass/ Puddle lights, Rear bumper cover, Rear seat back cargo net, and the upgraded alarm. The only option it did not have was the DVD (which was fine with me). I only put down $550 for the roof rack, tags, registration, and other fees. I have not seen anyone on this board beat the $367/month I am paying for my Tribeca Limited.
    Thanks for the info, no doubt you have the best deal going. I'm trying to get a similar deal on a 5 pass limited w/ tow, puddle, etc... wish me luck.
    Well I was not as fortunate as others. My attempt was on a 5 pass limited, puddle, tow, etc MSRP 34,523. Best deal was 1,057. down and 373. plus tax a month for 36 mths at 12k a year. Dealer claims this is selling a invoice of 31,967. and tier 1 lease with SMF. As you guessed i'm not getting the Tribeca. No wonder they can't sell more of these, they had 14 on the lot. Looks like its a Murano... :cry:
    You buying a car or buying a payment?
  • rgb9tribecargb9tribeca Member Posts: 1
    i love this car. i have owned an MDX and think this car handles equally as well for sub :mad: stantially less $$$. leased a 5 pass limited with two packages that gave all weather mats a compass and security features for 36 months 15,000 miles per year. $378 with tax included (6.5 % here). Dealer used auto show cash for my first months payment as well as for license fees so i literally drove this off the lot totally with no $$ exchanged for the first month and to top it off I got 2 years of scheduled maintenance thrown in. Without a doubt the best deal i have ever gotten on a lease. ride home was amazing. looking forward to the next 45,000 miles.
  • skernerskerner Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car man and all:
    posted yesterday in other B9 forum with intention of buying the B9 - 5 passenger w/nav - dealer quoted me 32k for purchase price. (looks like right about 3k off msrp).
    Well, after we discussed monthly payments for buying and realized they were kind of high - he suggested leasing.
    B.T.W. I need at least 18k miles per year on the lease.
    I would like to not put anything down up front. He came up with a price of about $515.00 a month - 36 months. Based on what it looks like most of you are paying it seems quite high - what should I be paying per month in NJ? - 6% sales tax here. Seems to me, based on previous posts I shouldn't be paying more that $450.00 a month total.
    Appreciate your help.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    I would be interested to see what car man has to say.

18K a year for 36 months puts the car into a lower risidual value because of the high milage. It is usually better the purchase or lease for a shorter period if you put on a lot of miles.
  • css1css1 Member Posts: 247
    Hi,

I leased in December so these #'s may be better now.

18K per year, 24 months, (you're within the standard warantee period so you don't need extended) - 405/ month with taxes with $2500 down.

The same lease should be much less now - Try Flemington Subaru - they are easy to deal with.

At that mileage you should lease for two years.

Good Luck.

Charlie
    Thanks Charlie - didn't read your post until after I signed - I actually got 20,000 miles a year for 3 years - yikes - just cross the fingers that there are no major problems - or get an extended warranty.
    5 passenger w/nav - $486.00 a month - sign and drive - no fees - I think I did alright - you guys let me know...
    Tried to get dealer to throw in the roof rack and he said absolutely not....
    Picking it up on Saturday - looking forward to the ride.
    best to all,
    Steve
    Hi Steve. Let's calculate a lease payment on the truck that you mentioned and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Passenger with navigation with an MSRP of $35,000 and a selling price of $32,000 through its captive finance company right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $399. The fact that your payment is for more than 15,000 miles per year and does not include tax will make it somewhat higher, but it still seems too high after taking those facts into account. Make sure that the dealer you are working with is using a money factor of .00105 to calculate your truck's lease payment. Also, keep in mind that Subaru is currently providing $1,500 lease cash on this model. this cash should help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man - I'll print your email and compare with #'s - seeing my dealer on Saturday - he's holding a Green B9 for me - will let you know how we did.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    You're welcome, Steve. Talk to you soon.

Car_man
    Host
  • njmdxnjmdx Member Posts: 17
    car man -

I'm looking for a 7-passenger Tribeca Limited with navigation.

what is the April money factor for this?
    Did it go up considerably from March? (.00032)??

Residual is still 56%, correct?
  • ultrasalesultrasales Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a Subura Tribeca 7 passenger limited with DVD/Nav with an MSRP of $39300. What lease payment should I expect for a 36 month 15k/yr lease with $2500 total due at lease signing. I live in Eastern PA. What is the April money factor and residual? Thank you
  • tribeca4metribeca4me Member Posts: 6
    Hello all...please have patience with me! I have always bought before but I'm considering leasing on this truck. Does anyone know what the numbers are for both 5 and7 passenger limited w/nav? TIA!

Also...is the residual amount based on the MSRP or negotiated Cap?
  • guyg1969guyg1969 Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    Leased an 06 Tribeca 7 Passenger Limited with DVD & NAV. 12000 miles, no money down for $393. How did I do?
  • subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    for 48 months? sounds like stellar deal!

-Brian
  • guyg1969guyg1969 Member Posts: 2
    36 months.
  • subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    I think Subaru is advertising $299 for a 5 passenger with $1999 down, so your $399 still sounds good on a loaded 7 passenger.

-Brian
    You did VERY well. I leased my 7 pas ltd with Nav, but NO DVD, with no money down, 12K miles, 36 months, AND they incorporated my last 2 payments on my expiring lease ($540), and I am paying $364. If I had gone for the DVD it would have pushed the payment closer to the $400/month area.

It has been a month, and I have about 1200 miles on my Tribeca. I love the drive! It is smooth, and despite what many have said about it, I think the pick-up is more than adequate. It blows my old 2003 Legacy SE Sedan (168 HP) out of the water. The navigation system is a big plus for me, although I have to ignore the lady from time to time, as she does not always give me the best route. Anyone know why that is? I was driving down to Atlantic City for example, and knew to take the Garden State south. She kept telling me to get off and take some local roads. I even tried to set it to allow toll roads, but this lady did the same thing. Where did they find this Navigation lady and who tought her about directions? :P
  • tribeca4metribeca4me Member Posts: 6
    WOW,great job on this deal! What was the cap price you negotiated?
  • captchanceycaptchancey Member Posts: 6
    I just got off the phone with Obrien Subaru in Ft. Myers, FL for the second time. I explained to the salesperson a deal that someone received on a 7 pass ltd Tribeca with DVD and Nav of $393 month including tax for 36/12k a year. He took the info and contacted me back about 15 minutes later. He mentioned the lease deals on the base model is what I probably saw. I then explained to him the deal I gave him is an actual deal from a real person. He then put me on the phone with his sales manager. The sales manager started quoting me crazy prices. He told me there was a 9K difference between the 5 passenger ltd and the 7 pass ltd. He said he could do 36/15k on sign and drive on 5pass limited for 378 which is the same as another poster on here. I then asked him what would be the payment on the 7 passenger. He told me $563. I asked him why there was such a huge difference he said the 7 passenger was over 41K. I didn't believe what he had told me so when he hung up I checked the obrien subaru website to see the actual difference. The difference was only a little over 4K. I called them back up to find out what the 5K discrepancy was. He told me the internet prices are not the real world. He said the internet MSRP prices are only tools and should not be taken as truth. I asked him for his name because I did not feel the sales manager was dealing with me in good faith. He told me he did not have to give me his name. I then said "you are the sales manager of a Ft. Myers dealership you are supposed to give me your name. He then hung up. This was the most unprofessional I have ever seen a car dealer act. I did not know the owner of a dealership would hire someone like this. I have never owned a subaru before and more than likely never will. I believe this is my 4th lease and I have never seen anything like that of Obrien Subaru in Ft. Myers.
    Hi njmdx. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are able to drive it. If you are interested in a typical 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a base 2006 B9 Tribeca 7-Passenger model, its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00160 and 53%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take into account the $2,500 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. This significant cash incentive will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    A word of caution here, not all regions will have the same incentives.
    Hello ultrasales. You never mentioned the selling price of the Tribeca that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is. You should be able to get an idea of how much you may pay by visiting the following discussion: "Subaru B9 Tribeca: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

As far as this vehicle's lease program goes, if you were to lease an '06 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Passenger Limited with DVD and Navigation through its captive finance company right now for 35 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00140 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome tribeca4me. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Vehicles' residual values are always based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. For now I will provide you with info for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. These seem to be the most common lease terms. Let me know if you want the numbers for a different term or mileage allowance. If you were to lease a base 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Passenger through its captive finance company right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00120 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base 7-Passenger model are .00160 and 53%. When negotiating the selling price of the Tribeca that you want to lease, keep in mind that Subaru is providing $2,500 lease cash on it this month.

Car_man
    Host
    You're right, raybear. Thanks for the feedback. However, I have seen Subaru's incentives for several regions and its lease cash for the Tribeca was $2,500 in all of them this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • captchanceycaptchancey Member Posts: 6
    Car_man is this months lease terms better than last months lease terms on the Tribeca 7 pass B9 limited with DVD and Nav? Thanks
    Hi Car_man

On what number is the current 53% depreciation rate calculated on? Is it on the total MSRP price or on the negotiated capitalized price.

I would think it would be on the MSRP since that is a fixed and standard number, am I correct?
  • red5rocketred5rocket Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,
    My local Soob dealer sent me an email that says he would sell for $200 over invoice which would represent about $31650 with Popular Equip Group 2 and Protection Group 2 and the sub/amplifier on a base 7-pass version. I am willing to put $2000 down in addition to the lease cash (2500) that's available. What could I expect to pay per month then on 36 mos with 15K per year?
    Thanks so much for your help--my wife thanks you too--she's pullin for the Subie.

Mike