Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• vrungelvrungel Member Posts: 7
    hi all,

the current incentive program listed below will expire on Jan 4th. Any word what would be the next one? Any manufacture to dealer rebates? :confuse:

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?step=2&modelId=100525470&setz- ip=11209&state=NY&tid=edmunds.n.incentivesindex.incentives.2.2.Subaru*

Thanks,
    Greg
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    I really wanted this to be my next car but the insurance is more than my 47k BMW 335. It really becomes a wash for me in terms of trying to reduce my monthly nut.
  • whyaskywhyasky Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

Could you you provide the current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease on a 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport with 12,000mi per year. Also, are there are any incentives currently available on this vehicle from Subaru?

Lastly, with respect to the money factor and residual value, are these items that the dealership will bargain on or are they fixed by the financing company that the dealership uses?

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, whyasky. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Impreza Outback Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00170 and 57%, respectively.

Subaru is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car in certain areas. If you let me know what state you are in, I should be able to find out whether this cash is available in your neck off the woods.

I don't believe that Chase, that's who Subaru runs its special lease program through now, allows dealers to mark up its lease money factors so you probably won't run into dealers jacking up this rate on you. Still, it is always good to know as much information as possible when negotiating a lease. The dealer could try to claim that the money factor that they have to use is higher than it is and try to charge you more for the car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • whyaskywhyasky Member Posts: 2
    Many thanks Car_man! This will help with the preparation.
    You're welcome, whyasky. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
  • waxplasticwaxplastic Member Posts: 2
    Very limited experience leasing. Have a question, probably a dumb one. Want to lease a WRX or WRX Premium (5 door). 36 months. 15k a year. No other options.
    Quoted $437 a month with $1350 down on base model. Quoted $524 a month with $1,409 down on Premium. MSRP on base $26,082.

My buddy leased a Infiniti G37S last year with a couple of grand down and a payment of $540 a month for 36 months at 15k a year. His car's MSRP was $44k.

Am I missing something here? Why is the WRX so expensive to lease?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Infiniti may have had lease incentives.

Subarus actually have good residuals - they won the ALG award for best mainstream brand.
  • waxplasticwaxplastic Member Posts: 2
    Bizarrely, the dealer told me "the WRX has poor residuals and does not lease well as Subaru knows the condition that most vehicles will come back in considering their performance characteristics".......

Does anyone know what would would reasonably expect to pay?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    You might want to shop a different dealership.

Check this out:

https://www.alg.com/deprratings.aspx

Impreza gets 5 stars for residuals, best possible score.

Having said that, the Infiniti G37 also gets 5 stars, and Infiniti may have had more incentives (low interest or lease cash).
  • jkd111jkd111 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car_Man...could you please provide the following lease residuals and money factors? Thanks in advance!!

2010 WRX 5-Door Premium

24 Mos - 10K Miles (or lowest mileage allowance)
    36 Mos - Same Parameters

2010 WRX 5-Door Limited

24 Mos - 10K Miles (or lowest mileage allowance)
    36 Mos - Same Parameters

Thanks again! :)
  • ike3ike3 Member Posts: 81
    Hello car_man...could you please provide the following lease residuals and money factor for the Impreza? I live in western NY state. This is for the the Premium, 2.5 engine, automatic transaxle, with moonroof and heated seats/mirrors.
    Thanks!

24 months-12K miles and 15K miles
    36 months-12K miles and 15K miles
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    I'm not sure its' poor residuals are due to an issue with end of lease condition. More likely they just know the demand for the WRX is always high and that's one way of detering people from leasing. Other manufacturers do this to their most popular models as well.
  • gsp5791gsp5791 Member Posts: 9
    Can someone please provide 2010 WRX sedan and hatchback money factor and residual value for 12k miles for March? I'm also curious to hear what deals other people are getting on these cars. Thanks
  • jkd111jkd111 Member Posts: 11
    I was told that on a 5-door WRX limited with 12K per year the residual was 55% and the money factor was a brutal .0026. I think the sedan was 54% and .0021.

These numbers are for a WRX limited. I would guess that the base model has better residuals since the lease info on the subaru website shows a base sedan at 55% for 42 months...not sure about the money factors on it.

Come on Subaru...your residuals are fantastic...give us a break on the rates!!
    Hi jkd111. Subaru's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 WRX 5-Door Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00210 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a WRX 5-Door Limited are .00210 and 56%.

Subaru is not providing lease support on two year leases so you definitely do not want to lease one for that term.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go ike3. Subaru's current lease money factor and residual value for a 2010 Impreza Sedan Premium 2.5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 59%, respectively.

You definitely do not want to lease this car for two years. Subaru has stopped providing support on any 24 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings gsp5791. Here's the information that you're looking for. Suabru's March lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 WRX Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base 2010 WRX Hatchback are .00205 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • nancy_2010nancy_2010 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, can someone provide the money factor and residual value for the 2010 Impreza 2.5i auto hatchback with 10k miles/year for 36 - 39 months for March or April? Thanks.
  • johnyangjohnyang Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Hello, Car_Man
    Could you please provide the lease residuals and money factors for 2010 Impreza 2.5i and 2.5i premium? 12,000miles/year - 36month
    I am living in Lehigh Vellay, PA, 18018

Thanks in advance!!
  • cfs2010cfs2010 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car-Man and others,
    We have never leased before. We are interested in a Subaru Impresa but we drive ~18-20K miles a year. Toyota allows leases of higher mileage where the user has to pay 15 cents per mile, or something similar. This was true I believe even before they had their current recall problems. Anyway, is this higher mileage allowed in Subaru leases and is it prohibitively expensive? We have owned two Outbacks, one bought used from a friend, one bought new from a dealer and financed. Both have required an outrageous amount of maintenance, the former finally died, and so we are considering leasing. Our zip code is 05055 (Vermont) but we can travel to family in Boston area dealers as well or southern NH or Central MA.
    Hi Nancy. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Hatch right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its money factor and residual value should be .00220 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00220 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, johnyang. Subaru's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Impreza 2.5i Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an Impreza 2.5i Sedan Premium are .00210 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cfs2010. While I don't know the exact cost per mile, I don't think that a high mileage lease on a Subaru would be any more expensive than a high mileage lease on a Toyota model.

Car_man
    Host
  • ekfultonekfulton Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    Hi car_man, for impreza 2010 2.5i hatch auto transmission (model code ALB) and 2010 2.5i hatch premium w/spec edition package manual transmission (model code ALC)

1) Are there any dealer cash rebates right now? I heard $500 for leases.
    2) If there are dealer cash rebates, can you still use subaru leases?
    2) what are the money factors and residuals for 12k per year?

Thanks, Edward
  • lynkatmellynkatmel Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone please tell me what the residual and money factor are on 2010 Impreza Outback Sport (man) lease? I am looking at 36 month/1200mpmth lease.
    Thanks
    Hi Edward. In most areas Subaru is currently providing $500 dealer cash on leases of the 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium models. This dealer cash is compatible with this car's special lease program. The cash increases to $1,000 on standard models.

Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Impreza 2.5i Hatchback Premium with the Special Edition Package, a manual transmission, and 12,000 miles per year are .00170 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 2.5i Hatchback Standard are .00130 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, lynkatmel. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Outback Sport with a manual transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 59%, respectively.

Subaru is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • carbuyer34carbuyer34 Member Posts: 12
    Hi. I live in New York State I'm turning in a leased 2006 impreza base sedan with 19,000 miles. I 'm being quoted 314.00 a month 42 month lease impreza sedan premium with a special edition pack includes heated front seats heated windshield moon roof and spoiler foglights 6 disc cd.
    No money down subaru is paying first payment waiving security deposit and waiving disposition fees on turned in lease

Is this a good deal or should we wait for a 2011?
  • irgirg Member Posts: 197
    I have also leased a 2006 Impreza base (5 door) that I'll be turning soon with about 32k miles on it. What was your payments for the 2006? I pay about $205/mo, that 0 down, with taxes included.

Seems like $314 you're looking at now is not that good. Especially with the very low mileage lease vehicle you have. And I thought the miles on mine were low! You could probably sell your '06 outright yourself for a profit, and use that on your next lease. What is the price then you have negotiated on the 2010? Not sure where in NYS you're at, Simmons-Rockwell.com in upstate NY lists their prices online, pretty close or invoice too, might be worth a look.
    Hi, The dealership bought the 06 impreza for resale.... Yes we could have bought the car for around 9,800 and resold for a profit.... we ended up leasing for 304.00 a month on a impreza 4dr special edition auto trans. We did let the dealer know what a sweet profit they were going to make on the 06 and we expect to be treated very well since our altima is coming off lease in Nov. and we plan on leasing another subaru. I'll let you know how that works out!!!!!
  • greatscottgreatscott Member Posts: 3
    Mr. Car_Man,

Looking to lease a 2010 WRX this month and would like to know what the money factor and residual value is for the base model for both 10,000 and 12,000 miles?

Thanks

GreatScott
    Scott, If you don't mind what is the monthly payment you are being quoted for the wrx? Thanks
    I'm not being quoted anything yet. I want to know as much as possible before talking to the salesman.

... based on previous values of .57 and .00205 living in CA with zero down payment my math tells me I should be looking at a payment of $413.01.
  • thebradthebrad Member Posts: 36
    Hello Car Man:
    Could you please provide the June lease rates for a 2010 wrx STI hatchback at 15k per year for 36 & 42 months (Subaru seems to like the 42 month term and typically provides good deals on it).

Thanks!
    Hey GreatScott. Here's the info that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 WRX with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 56%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go thebrad. Subaru's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 WRX STi Hatchback with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00160 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Are these rates standard for Subaru or do they fluctuate from dealership to dealership?
  • 996twint996twint Member Posts: 35
    Hello,
    Could I get the STI Special Edition residual and money factor for 36 and 42 months, 10k miles?
    Thanks.
  • viper92viper92 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am looking at getting into my first lease on a 2010 Impreza Outback Sport. I am trying to get some info on the current money factor and residual value for the car. I also wanted to know if there are any special incentives (cashback) currently available? The lease would be in Washington State.

Thanks,
    Lawrence
  • denwhatdenwhat Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2010
    Hey car man, any info on 2011 WRX pricing? I know they just released the pricing this week, but I wanted to know how the leases would look like.

Their current lease offers every pretty competitive and was wondering if the 2011's are going to be a lot higher.
    Hello Lawrence. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I am not aware of any cash incentives on leases of this model in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi denwhat. I've seen Subaru's lease program for the 2011 Legacy and Outback, but I haven't seen it for the 2011 Impreza yet. I'll make some calls and see if I can find anything out for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you so much car man.

This would be very helpful since while I like the 2011 wrx a lot more than the 2010, but if it was a lot more money then the 2010, I may not be able to realistically afford it and would need to pick up a 2010 before they run out of inventory.
  • pstelzelpstelzel Member Posts: 3
    I'm also interested in knowing the residuals for the wrx limited 5-door. For some reason I hear they are keeping them extremely secret. If you can let me know
    edited August 2010
    No problem denwhat. Here's what I was able to find out for you.

Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Impreza 2.5iStandard Sedan with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 63%, respectively.

I haven't seen anything on the '11 WRX yet.

Car_man
    Host
    I was wondering, when it becomes available, the money factor and residual value on a 2011 wrx 5-door with 12000 miles/year for 42 months. Also wondering if anyone can suggest what's better overall for initial monthly payments and prospective buyout having a 36 or 42 months lease.
    Thanks, but I was more looking towards a WRX. I actually called up a few dealers the other day, they dont have anything on '11 WRX leasing yet either :(

And pstelzel, I am actually in the same boat as you. From my research on '10 pricing (since '11 info isint out yet). Leasing will end up coasting around $1,000-$2,000 more overall if you end up buying it after 4 years. However, with leasing you can just put down a very low or no down payment at all. In order to get a payment in the low 300s with financing, you would need to put a down payment of around $10,000 for a 5 year loan.

Personally I think I am going to stick with leasing since I rather have more cash flow now.
    Yeah I hear ya. I plan on putting about $5000 down and from the info I got from the dealership (basing figures from a 2010) payments SHOULD be around $230/month. I would rather take the $1000 hit really then dish out $350+ a month. I like to have some money in my pocket at the end of the month.
  • spftwspftw Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am in the market to lease either 2011 Impreza WRX Limited 5-dr Hatch or 2011 Impreza STI 5-dr Hatch in SE region.

Can someone help out with residual, money factor, and incentive for $0 Down, 12000 miles per year for 36 months for the above mentioned models?

Thanks-in-advance!