Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• bulk18bulk18 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. Someone please help verify if the offer below is good.

$20600 for a 2011 Impreza Outback Sport Auto, no other options

-10K/36 months lease
    -about $2000 payment for bank fee/1st month pmt/dmv fees/tax

Monthly payment is $263
    buyoff amount is about $14700 at end of lease

Is this offer a good deal or I should negotiate more?

Anyone know the residual value and money factor for this car?

Thanks!
  • dragosdordragosdor Member Posts: 5
    Dear CARMAN,
    Ok, it is sept 13 now and I know that some 2011WRX hit the showroom floor already.
    I am looking to lease a 2011 WRX 5 door. Basic, not Premium or Limited.
    I live in Houston, TX and the 2 dealers are Gillman and West Houston Subaru.
    What is the residual value and money factor for 2011 WRX 5door for the minimum mileage on 36 and 48 months.
    And also, since I am total newbie to the lease, how do I calculate my monthly payment with those numbers. I do not intend to put any money down.
    I have seen an offer online for 309/mo x 48 months with $2000 down, but I think it is much better to do the 36mo instead.
    Your help is HIGHLY appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, pstelzel.

Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a base 2011 Subaru WRX 5-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 59%, respectively.

I suspect that a 42 month lease will provide you with a lower monthly payment than a 36 month lease on this vehicle. The problem is that Subarus come standard with 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage. If you lease for longer than 36 months you might have to pay to make repairs out of your own pocket if something goes wrong with your vehicle that isn't covered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi spftw. Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 WRX 5-Door Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a WRX STi are .00250 and 66%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello dragosdor. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Chase's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Subaru WRX 5-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00250 and 53%.

If I was in the market for this car, I personally would go with the 36 month lease, because Subarus only come standard with a 3 year bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum</i
  • tptmantptman Member Posts: 11
    Here is the vehicle on which this message is based: 2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-Door Hatchback, with Auto Trans, Power Moonroof Value Package, All Weather Floor Mats, and Cargo Tray - Off Black.

36 month Subaru (Chase ) lease with 10K miles per year.

I am showing the MSRP (using Edmunds) as being $21,360, but a dealer is telling me that the MSRP is $22,710 due to the fact that there is a $1,350 Subaru discount on the moonroof package that must be added to the $21,360. He is also giving me a money factor of .00175 and a residual value of $14,319.90 (63%) (based on the $22,710 "MSRP") Allegedly, the selling price of the car is $20,600 and he quoted the bank fee at $595.00. He also quoted $1,030.00 for a Subaru added security plan. The last part of the equation is my trade-in, which he said is worth $4,305.00. That would be applied as a "cap cost reduction".

With all of that said, he is coming up with a monthly payment of $199.18 and all three of the lease calculators I use say it should be $168.94 with the added security plan. Without the plan, the payment drops to $136.09.

Has anyone else heard of the MSRP being calculated the way this guy is doing it? Also, is Subaru's Added Security Plan worth the money? The way I see it, if the vehicle will be covered by the standard factory warranty for the entire lease term, is it possible that I would spend $1,030.00 for other routine maintenance if I only drive 10K miles per year?

Thanks and sorry for the long message. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Good Morning Car Man,

Do you happen to know the residual % and money factor for a 2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door hatchback? Also are there any discounts or incentives on moonroof packages or other accessories?

Thanks!
  • alexwalex1alexwalex1 Member Posts: 33
    I shopped for this vehicle on internet but I think I got a good deal by negotiaitng in person.
    2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
    MSRP with all factory options $22,516
    42m 10K a year
    Residual 63%
    Money factor 0.0018
    Selling price $19,780
    Total paid on signing $1000.00
    Monthly payment $211.31 plus 6% tax=224.00

it is cheaper than a lease on the same vehicle I had in 1998 (MSRP then was may be $19,900 or so)
    Anyone know if subaru has a special "sticker discount" on the Power Moonroof Value Package?, thereby reducing the MSRP?

Also for a 36 mo/10K miles per yr lease on a 2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-Door Hatchback with Power Moonroof Value package, what is the current subaru leasing money factor and residual percentage?

Thanks.
    Hello tptman. Subaru's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 60%, respectively.

Subaru's cash incentives on leases vary by region. If you tell me what state you are in I would be happy to try to find out what the exact cash incentives are in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tptman. I believe that Subaru's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-Door Hatchback with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man and thanks for the info. I am in New York State.

It's weird...one offer I got had the money factor @ .00250 and residual @ 65%, which is very different than your figures. If I plug your figures into the equation, the monthly payment is lower. Are the numbers you have access to "official" subaru numbers?
  • buffalosoliderbuffalosolider Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Hi Car Man,

Could you please provide current (December/January) residuals and money factor info for a 2011 WRX Sedan Limited w/ Nav as well as a 2011 WRX STI Sedan Limited w/ Nav? (Not sure if the option packages even matter).

I'm looking at a 15,000 mile lease.

Thanks a ton!
    No problem buffalosolider. Subaru's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 WRX Sedan Limited with navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers or an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 WRX SRI Sedan Limited are .00230 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
  • petersonszekepetersonszeke Member Posts: 1
    What about the December numbers on an Impreza hatchback with SUbaru and Chase?
  • jcc39jcc39 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to get some advice on the offer got from my local Subaru dealership in Pennsylvania today on 1/03. It is a 2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Premium with Value Package and Tom Tom Nav. The MSRP on the car is $22,104. Here are the basic details

36mo
    10k mi/yr
    $3250 down including tax, tags, acquisition fees, first mo payment etc
    $208/mo

I did ask for a break down sheet with all the costs broken out and the money factors, but they said their printer couldn't print out the page with all the details on it so that is a big red flag. Either way it sounds like a pretty good deal compared to other offers I have seen. So far I only put down a $500 deposit to hold the car, so I'm not locked in. Should I try renegotiating or go to another dealer or just take this deal? I appreciate any advice.
  • hellagranthellagrant Member Posts: 31
    Printer can't print out the basics on a car deal? Sounds like they hiding something. Walk in and demand a printout. If they really can't because of printer tell them to have Kinko print it out for them.

Proceed with caution.
  • hellagranthellagrant Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2011
    2011 Impreza Outback Sport
    Automatic
    no add-ons
    36months 12k

Selling Price 19,500
    Money Factor = about 0.0025
    Residual = 64%

down payment = $500
    monthly = about $250 not including tax

good luck everyone, thanks carman for many years of help

If you use this forum please post up your numbers after the sale. Help people.
  • cswedencsweden Member Posts: 1
    I've been looking at getting an Sti for a while now.

Could someone please post the lease offers for January 2011. Also how much over invoice should I be paying for this car. The dealer is willing to go almost $2k below invoice on an order but not on an Sti on the lot. I would rather get the car now, but not at MSRP.

Thanks!
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 154
    Car_man

Do you have the current money factor and residuals for the Impreza WRX Hatchback Limited and Impreza WRX STI Hatchback for 24 and 36 months with 15k miles per year? Also, is there any lease cash? Thanks.
    edited January 2011
    Hi csweden. Subaru's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 WRX STi Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 60%, respectively.

If I was in the market for a lease of this car, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi autoboy19. Please see my previous message for this car's 36 month program. Its 24 month numbers are much less attractive, .00315 and 68%, respectively.

There is some lease cash on this car, but it's very regional. If you tell me where you live, I can tell you if there is any cash available in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 154
    Car_man,

I live in Georgia, is there lease cash for my region? Also was curious to know if there is lease cash for the Texas region?

On a side note, I am curious to know why the lease factors and residuals can not be posted in the lease information section of the "Incentives and Rebates" portion of the website. I assume the captive banks don't want this information public or something, but I don't see how it is any different than advertising special financing rates.

Anyway, much appreciate the information that you provide.
    Hey autoboy19. There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car in Texas, but I don't believe that there's any cash on leases of it in Georgia.

Car_man
    Host
  • wichardwichard Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2011
    Hi Car Man,

I always scour these forums for rates as it is difficult to obtain accurate information from the dealerships and appreciate the help you provide. My brother ordered a base WRX sedan and is considering to lease it for 36 months at 12k miles a year. I appreciate if you could confirm the numbers he was provided from the dealership as the Subaru buy rate for January.

60% Residual
    .00230 Money Factor

Also is there any lease cash available for his region. He is located in VA.

Thanks,
    Rich
  • raskyr1raskyr1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car Man,

I'm looking to possibly lease a 2011 WRX Limited in MN and was wondering if you have the current money factor and residual value?

Would it be unheard of to lease this car for $300/month with $3k cap cost reduction?

Thanks,
    Rasky
    I'm glad that you find these discussions so helpful, Rich. The numbers that your brother was quoted are right on the money. I don't believe that there's any lease csh on this car right now. Subaru really doesn't provide much in the way of support on the WRX.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Rasky. Subaru's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 WRX Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 57%, respectively.

I would be happy to use this program to work up a lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car Man!

MSRP on the 2011 WRX Limited sedan is $28995 + $725 for destination. I'd figure $28,000 for the selling price.

Are the money factor and residual value set in stone? I'd really like to lease this car but don't feel it's worth it if it's going to cost me more than $300 a month.

Thanks,
    Rasky
  • ryneodonnellryneodonnell Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    Car Man,

Do you happen to have the money factor and residual for February 2010?

Looking to lease or purchase this car and wanted to run the numbers;

2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium
    MSRP $20,200
    Sell Price $18,995

36 Months & 42 Months
    10K Miles
    $1,900 Due at Signing (mimic current lease special)

What do you think payment and lease end buyout will be?

Thanks!

Regards,

Ryne O'Donnell
    No problem Rasky. The residual value is essentially set in stone. Money factors can occasionally be marked-up by dealers, but it's probably unlikely that a Subaru dealer would mark a vehicle's factor up.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 WRX Limited Sedan that has an MSRP of $29,620 and a selling price of $28,000 through Subaru's captive finance company right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $412.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Ryne. Subaru's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00110 and 63%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00130 and 60%.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $20,200, and a selling price of $18,995, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $210 for 36 months and $205 for 42 months.

Car_man
    Host
  • duke2011duke2011 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Really appreciate all the info I've gained just reading the forum. Now am taking the plunge and looking to get a WRX. Would you happen to have the February residual and money factor for a base 2011 WRX with a 36 month lease? I got a quote from a local Philadelphia dealer for a price of $24,298, which is the best I've gotten thus far. Just wondering what the monthly payments would come out to be. Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate everything you do for the forums!
    Carman,

Amazing.

Do you know what the lease end buy out would be on that approximately? 36 Month Term @ $210/mo pre tax.

Thank you sir!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Residual is 63% of $20,200 (MSRP).. = $12,726

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks Car Man!
    CarMan,

The dealer faxed me 11MY Special Lease Program (SOA Sale Type C) for February and the 5Door Premium 2.5i Impreza (5MT PM Value Package) falls under this;

59% Residual + 2% for 10K lease
    .00140 Money Factor

They are offering the car (same one, $20,200 MSRP) for $19,000 + $595 Acquisition Fee + $55 Doc Fee. All wrapped in making adjusted cap cost $19,540

36 Month
    $223.05/month (Pre Tax)

Only first months payment due at signing ($223.05 + tax)

Hit or miss?

Is there any extra money on the car? Is the acquisition fee mandatory?

Thinking that is pretty good since the first numbers they came up with were in the $275/mo range.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Regards,

Ryne O'Donnell
  • communiquetercommuniqueter Member Posts: 4
    Looking for 2011 Impreza 2.5i premium with moon roof value package, tomtom and bluetooth for new employee based in NJ - on the road Territory Manager.

36 months
    at least 15k per year, maybe 18k - what might this do to rates? Advice?

Thanks,
    Reid Campbell
  • ballerchildballerchild Member Posts: 4
    Hi, can you please provide me with the mf and residual for a 36mo/15k lease on a 2011 WRX 5dr Premium? Thanks!
  • user1100user1100 Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car guy

Can you please provide me the current buy rate and residual for a 2011 Impreza WRX STI 4 door. I am interested in both the 24 month and 36 month lease. The lowest mileage possible since this would be a car just for fun on the weekends. The specific car I am interested in has a MSRP of $41,554 and a purchase price of $ 39,585. If you can provide with me with what you think would a good payment and drive off that would be great, generally I donâ&#128;&#153;t put a lot of money down on a lease because I do not see the point. So what I would like to do is just pay first month payment and DMV fees. I live in Los Angeles so I would appreciate any help, since I have never leased or purchased a Subaru before. Thank you.
    Duke2011, Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 WRX Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome ryneodonnell. Just multiply the MSRP of the vehicle that you want by the residual values that I mentioned to get its end of term purchase option price.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem raskyr1.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Ryne. The selling price and lease program that you were quoted for this car look good to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ballerchild. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 WRX 5dr Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to user1100. Subaru's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Impreza WRX STI 4dr with 10,000 miles per year are .00210 and 64%, respectively.

You definitely don't want to lease this car for 24 months. Subaru isn't providing any support on two year leases right now, so its money factor for that term would be much higher.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $41,554 and a purchase price of $39,585, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $500.

Car_man
    Host
  • bconway52bconway52 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2011
    Hi Car_man,

Could you give me the current money factor/residual on a 42 month/10k mile per year lease for a 2011 Subaru WRX hatchback (base model)?

Thanks a lot!
  • cwc3265cwc3265 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Car_Man,

Can I get the MF and Residual for a 2011 Impreza 2.5i with an automatic transmission for 42 months and 10k miles?

Thanks.
    You certainly can cwc3265.

Subaru's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2011 Impeza 2.5i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00065 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • zyaaaaazyaaaaa Member Posts: 36
    Car man - do you happen to have the credit tiers for Subaru?