Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• jake1965jake1965 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

What is a reasonable 42 month, 10k lease in May for a Impreza 2.5i premium, Automatic, Moonroof and heated seats. No tomtom. The MSRP is 21,600.

I was quoted $1500 down, $260/month which seems WAY high. Seems to me that I should be able to get into this car with $500/down 230.00/month.

thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi zyaaaaa. I believe that Subaru runs all of its special leases through Chase. I'm not sure what its credit tiers off of the top of my head but I can look into it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jake1965. If I was in the market for a 2011 Impreza, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over dealer invoice. Let me know what this car's invoice price is as you want it equipped, you can find it over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com, and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • jake1965jake1965 Member Posts: 3
    MSRP is 21, 537. Invoice is $20,319, true market value is $20,123. Thanks for your help.
  • hughdunnithughdunnit Member Posts: 2
    I'm about to lease an 2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium with Value Package. Looking for lease numbers for 12,000 miles 36 months. Thanks
    Thanks for the additional information, jake1965.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium that has an MSRP of $21,537 and a selling price of $20,419 ($3over dealer invoice) for 42 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $237.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, hughdunnit. Subaru's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00085 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • evisevis Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I'm considering leasing a 2011 base WRX and want to make an informed decision. Are you able to find out what support is available this month? Any lease cash or other incentives? How does June compare to past months?

Do you know what the mileage, money factor, net cap cost and residual is for the following advertised lease?

(Standard model, code BJN-01)

Now through July 5, 2011 -- $309 per month for 42 months with $2,008 due at lease signing. $0 security deposit. Tax, title and registration fees extra. Other leases available on other models. Cannot be combined with any other incentives.
  • hjk236hjk236 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car man,

Can you give me a reasonable monthly payment, down payment on 2011 Impreza 2.5i with Value package for June 2011?

I got offered $256.77 including tax with $424.77 due at signing, and another offered me $230.21 including tax with $1,217 including first lease payment and $12.21 sales tax on payment. Is this reasonable?

Can you also provide me the money factor and residual value?

I am going to lease for 36 months at 10,000 miles per year.

Thank you
    Hi evis. Subaru is not providing any cash incentives on the WRX in June. Subaru's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2011 WRX Standard with 15,000 miles per year are .00215 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hjk236. Subaru's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Impreza 2.5i with 10,000 miles per year are .00080 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I would be happy to use this program to work up a payment on this vehicle for you if you provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and invoice price, of the model as you want it equipped. You can find this pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car man,

Thank you for your reply.

Full MSPR is $20,720.
    Invoice Price is 19,755
    True Market Value is 19,904.

Thank you for your help,
    John
    edited June 2011
    I am sorry. I gave you wrong info.

MSRP is 20,720
    Invoice is 19,755
    True Market Value is 19,645.

Please ignore the previous info.

I live in Madison, Wisconsin. zipcode 53705
  • pokermunkeepokermunkee Member Posts: 2
    Got this lease quote from one of the largest Subaru dealers (in Colorado Springs):

VIN #BH520053 is an 11 Impreza 2.5i Premium four door automatic in Marine Blue Pearl with charcoal interior, fog lights, power sunroof and all weather package. Options include mirror/Homelink, security sensor and spare mats.

MSRP: $22531.00
    ePrice: $19255.00

With your good credit and 0 down, figuring your tax at 4.9%, 15000 miles a year on a 36 month contract=$256.19 a month including tax.

Seems like a good deal but I think I'm going to get a Legacy instead for $30 more a month.
  • rfstruckrfstruck Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

I'm considering leasing a 2011 Limited WRX (4-door) and want to get some support when speaking with the dealer. Do you know if Subaru is offering any incentives in the NY area this month? Any help with money factor and residual would be really great. I was looking to for 10k or 12k miles/month.

Thanks,
    Rob
  • rfstruckrfstruck Member Posts: 2
    I am in Westchester. Depending on how far out on long island, I may try your contact. Did the quote that you received include everything in the monthly payment?
  • ziskessziskess Member Posts: 2
    I must confess - I've never posted to this forum before, but I've been lurking for quite some time - our present (11-year-old) car is basically on its last legs, and we're going to be in desparate need of a new one relatively soon. Our number one requirement is a sedan (ideally) with AWD, and we're not looking to get anything super-crazy...not looking to spend an absolute fortune, it seems that the Subarus really fit the bill! We're not interested in the WRX models. I was hoping that someone could post some information on residual values and MF that I might hope to see for July 2011.

What would a reasonable monthly payment be for this car at my dealerships in NJ given our sales tax rates here? Going to a dealership in NY is not out of the question if a dealership there might offer a more favorable price there! The online price that I am seeing for a "typical" model is $20,809 (give or take). We would like to put little to no money down into the lease (only because it is a lease!)

We live in Northern New Jersey.

Thank you to anyone who can offer any assistance!
  • ziskessziskess Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I realize that my earlier post might more easily be answered if specifically addressed to you.

What type of lease rates and money factor numbers might I see in July 2011 for Subaru Imprezas?

We would be looking at either a 36 or 39 month lease, and putting approximately $2k down.

We're looking at either hatchbacks or sedans (basically whatever is available!) with an approximate MSRP of $21K. Essentially the Subaru 2.5i Premium (some have the value package).

Any info would be so helpful!

Thank you.
    Hello Rob. Subaru is currently providing a small amount of cash on the Impreza in certain regions, but New York is not one of them.

Subaru's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 WRX Limited 4-door with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would likely be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ziskess. Subaru's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00060 and 55%, respectively.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice and see what happens. You can look up the MSRP and invoice price of the exact vehicle that you're interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

You can plug the pricing data along with the lease program that I mentioned into the formula that is outlined in the following article to work up a payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • pens89pens89 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

I was wondering if you could give me the money factor and residual value for a 2011 or 2012 WRX 5 door base model for 36 months and 15,000 miles per year?

Thanks!
    Greetings pens89. Subaru's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 WRX 5 door base with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't believe that Subaru has published a lease program for the 2012 WRX yet, but I can check around and see what's out there for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • stevelb22stevelb22 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone give me the money factor and residual for October on a 2011 Impreza WRX 4door for a 36 month lease and 10k miles per year?
  • nyc6035nyc6035 Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know what the money factor and residual rates are for the Impreza for Oct (Top Tier)?

I'd be interested in a 7500 and 10000 annual milage rate if available.

Thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for stevelb22.

Subaru's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2011 WRX 4-Door with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jasvicjasvic Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car_man,

Current lease is coming to an end ( You helped me out with info about three years ago and I ended up with a great deal on a 2009 Impreza, Thanks!)

Anyway this time around I'd like to go with a WRX. Any luck with numbers for the 2012's? I see your post from Sept 20th, but I was hoping they would have published something as it seems like they are finally starting to trickle out.

Looking at 2012 Impreza WRX or Impreza WRX Premium, 36 months, 15K miles per year.

Thanks!
  • j_smith1j_smith1 Member Posts: 60
    Car_man,

Do you have lease numbers on the new 2012 Impreza? Looking for 3 year 12k on 5 door premium PZEV in NY state. Both 5 speed and CVT if possible.

Thanks!
    You're making me feel old, jasvic :).

Subaru just published a lease program for the 2012 WRX for November. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 WRX Base Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Impreza Premium are .00225 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello j_smith1. Subaru's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza 5-Door Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 62%, respectively.

The residual value for a version of this car with a manual transmission is 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • phdshoppingphdshopping Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car_man:

I am negotiating a lease for a 2011 Impreza 5-door basic automatic hatchback.

Today, a local dealer's best offer was $281/month, for a 36 month lease with 15,000 mi, $2000 down (estimated $1000 for my trade-in plus $1000 cash).

From reading these posts, I can see I need to gain some leverage via knowledge, to try to negotiate down.

MSRP for this car is 19,720
    Invoice is 18,840
    TMV is 18,922

Would you be able to get me money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Impreza automatic basic 5-Door with 15,000 miles per year?
    And possibly an estimated good monthly payment?
    area is central NY

Thanks!
    -PHDShopping
    Here's the information that you're looking for PHDShopping. Subaru's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Impreza 5-Door 2.5i with 15,000 miles per year are .00040 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for this car, I'd shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • gaelinicgaelinic Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Dear Car_man, Could you give me the money factor and residual value for a 4 door 2012 WRX STI with 12,000 miles per year? The area is Denver, Colorado.

Thanks
  • amoszamosz Member Posts: 38
    Hi

Just curious if there is any information yet on the 2012 imprezza auto premium leasing rates I was curious about the residual and MF for 12k and 15k miles.

Thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for gaelinic. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 WRX STi with 12,000 miles per year are .00225 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes there is amosz. Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-monh lease of a 2012 Impreza Sedan 2.0 Limited Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that the residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • amoszamosz Member Posts: 38
    thanks. was hoping to test drive the car this weekend, but they had not arrived yet.
  • gregrigregri Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car_man,

I'm negotiating a 36 mo lease (15k/yr) for a 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium. Dealer is in RI. Any insight on numbers you can share would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Greg
  • marylander3marylander3 Member Posts: 4
    Dear Car_Man,

I'm negotiating a 36 mo lease (12k/yr) for a 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited. Dealer is in MD. Any insight on numbers you can share would be much appreciated.

Also, as this might be our first-ever lease, do you know if sales tax for the entire vehicle has to be paid upfront in Maryland?

Thanks,
    Michael
    No problem amosz.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Greg. Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza Sedan 2.0i Sport Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00105 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Michael. The easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I am not personally familiar with how sales tax is calculated on leases in your state, but you may be able to find out by visiting this site: Maryland Taxes

Car_man
    Host
  • marylander3marylander3 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, Car_man
  • tsxowwnertsxowwner Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2011
    hi car man

any insight on the january deals? I am coming off a 2009 subaru forester limited 3yr/36k lease so i know if i go into another lease, I will not have to pay disposition and i'll get 1st month free. On a related note, it looks like the trade in value of my car is greater than the buyout price (by maybe $3k) so it would seem like I can get some equity by having dealership buy the car as opposed to me just turning it in. live in Massachusetts thoughts?

also, looking at the impreza and legacy as my next car.

- looking for MF and residual on 2012 impreza lease 2.0i 4 door. 3 yr 36k miles.
    - are the MF and residuals any different on a premium 4 door or limited 4 door model. just trying to understand additional costs for upgrading.
    - also, would it be possible to get the MF and residual for the legacy 2.5i base, premium and limited?
    it looks like there are more of the legacy around than impreza so maybe there are better deals to be had

thanks
    M
    You're welcome marylander3.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tsxowwner. If you can get the dealership to give you anything for your leased vehicle, go for it. More likely than not they won't, but you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying.

Subaru's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza 2.0i 4-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00050 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Just a tip, January is typically not a great month to get a new vehicle. If I had to get a new vehicle in January I probably would go with a 39-month lease. Doing so would push the end of the next lease out a little further from January the next time around. Chase's 39-month numbers for this car are .00050 and 58%.

The numbers are different for the other trim levels:

Premium 4-Door - .00070 / 59% and .00075 / 57%.

Limited 4-Door - .00130 / 58% and .00130 / 56%

Even the addition of certain packages impacts the lease program.

Subaru's numbers for the Legacy are as follows:

2012 Legacy 2.5i Base - .00045 / 58% and .00050 / 54%

2012 Legacy 2.5i Premium - .00040 / 56% and .00040 / 54%

2012 Legacy 2.5i Limited - .00040 / 53% and .00050 / 51%

Car_man
    Host
  • kopchikckopchikc Member Posts: 36
    Greetings Car_man,

What are the lease details for a 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited for 36 months and 15,000 miles/year?

Money Factor:
    Residual:
    Any incentives:

Thanks for your help. I am comparing this against your feedback on the Elantra from last week. It looks like the Subaru leases very well, as well.
    Greetings kopchikc. Subaru's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 Impreza Sport Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Subaru really isn't providing much in the way of cash incentives on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • artistocratartistocrat Member Posts: 8
    Hello Car_man,

What are the lease details for a 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited for 36 months and 12,000 miles/year for the month of February?

Money Factor:
    Residual:

I am currently getting the following numbers for this car in the Boston area from Zag.com:
    MSRP = $25, 877
    Invoice = $ 24, 441
    Zag target price = $24, 466

Apparently, the dealer is telling me that the moonroof and Navigation are part of this car as well as all weather package in New England area. I also added Remote Starter and 110V option.

So, once I get the residual and money factor number for this month, I can use cars.com calculator to figure out a fair lease pricing. btw, as I understand it, residual value is calculated from msrp, not purchase price, correct? Also, plan to target the invoice as the target purchase price.

Thanks a ton!
    Hello artistocrat. Chase's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza Sedan Limited with navigation and 12,000 miles per year are .00115 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

you are correct, vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and any factory-installed options.

Car_man
    Host
  • ploppousploppous Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

I'm in negotiation for a 2012 Subaru Impreza sedan (Premium model): MSRP 22,000. What are Chase's current money factor and residual values @ 15,000 miles for 36 months?

Also, is the money factor negotiable?

Thanks!

Ploppous