Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'm glad that you enjoy this forum so much, subaru25. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Special Edition with 12,000 miles per year are .00230 and 70%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • backcourtbackcourt Member Posts: 9
    Car man: thanks for the info. You have been helpful
  • disney2disney2 Member Posts: 25
    I'm still having trouble matching this deal. Can you tell me the dealership please? Thanks
    I've always appreciated the help I've gotten here. Can you check my posts #98 & #99 and tell me what you think of those lease deals? Thanks.
  • cargregcargreg Member Posts: 2
    Just looking around for a '08 Legacy SpecB in New England. Looking at lease rates; 12k/year, 24 or 36mo, no (or minimal options) but I think they won't be moving much off of sticker.

Whats the money factor and residual? Monthly with $0 down?

Thanks!!
    I agreed to 307 for 24 mo 10k tax is in payments
  • hannabhannab Member Posts: 26
    Does anyone know the current money factor & residual values 24 & 36 months, 12K miles) for an '08 Legacy 2.5 Ltd GT manual transmission?

Thanks
  • iioneosixiiiioneosixii Member Posts: 9
    I just went to the local Subaru dealership in Queens, NY yesterday to look at the same car. I had my mind set on leasing the car but they were trying to convince me to either finance the Spec B or lease the GT instead. They mentioned a 46% residual on a 36 month lease with 15/yr...which would cost me over $500/month with 3000 down. This was with a cap cost of 32000, which is a few hundred below invoice. Those numbers blew my mind and were way higher than the $400/month max payment i was expecting. I'm pretty sure these guys were trying to pull a fast one but I may be wrong.

Have you been quoted or gotten any ballpark numbers? I would also like to know the residual and money factor on the 08 Spec B with 15k/year on a 36 month lease.
  • want2leaseinpawant2leaseinpa Member Posts: 5
    Is this a good deal on the 2.5i Spec. Edition Lease. Retail is $24,345 minus dealer discount of $1,000 (for leasing) - $1,250 (customer cash) - $1,572 (dealer discount) for a total of (-$3696) off of the vehicle. Price of vehicle is then $20,649 with a 69% residual ($16978). Money Factor is .0019. Lease term is for 24 months.

Payment for 10K is $280 per month.

Payment for 12K is $291.per month

Pittsburgh, PA.
  • doug_tdoug_t Member Posts: 22
    That sounds like a great price on the car (which is on my short list at the moment as well), but you've left out a bit of information. Are you putting any money down? Are taxes and/or other fees (bank fee, for example) rolled into the lease? I also assume that the residual of 69% is for 12k miles, and 10k miles is a bit higher.

Plugging your #s into http://leaseguide.com/calc.htm, the monthly cost seems high unless there are fees rolled in.
    doug,

The 69% residual is for the 10K miles. I was not provided with the 12K residual.

Taxes & other fees are included in the monthly payments.
    Assuming you have about $800 in fees (plus taxes) rolled into the monthly payments, and are not putting any money down for cap cost reduction, it all seems to add up.

Have you looked at the Limited edition as opposed the the Special Edition? It has an upgraded interior, but I'm not sure if it has the options you've added to the Spec. Edition and whether or not the lease terms are exactly the same.
    Doug, Thanks for the info. They didn't break down all of the extra fees for me, but I thought the exact same thing, that there was atleast $800 more in there than what they were saying.

I am looking at the Limited Editions now online, being that its only about $1K more than the SEi model that I am looking at.

Do you know the MF & residual for 36 months leases by chance???
  • countrydrivercountrydriver Member Posts: 3
    Happy Holidays!
    I recently came into a very small inheritance and am now able to purchase my van.
    I am just not sure if it makes sense or not.
    I own a 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE which is selling locally around $33,000cdn.
    My current buyout value is $28,000 plus 15% tax and I am paying $661/mth and halfway through the lease term.
    Any thought or ideas of the pros and cons of buying this lease out early.

Thank-you kindly.

CD :confuse:
    I don't know the details but I think the 24 month program is their best offer at the moment.

I just got an offer for $280/month (includes tax) with $2000 out of pocket for 10k miles on a Limited. I do believe this was a good deal, but still more than I set out to spend. I think I can get the Special Ed. for approx $50 less per month. I am also shopping the Jetta, which also has good lease deals now.

- Doug
    Doug,

What kind of discounts did you get on the Legacy Limited Lease. Right now, I am getting a 1250 Subaru discount and a 1500 discount from the Dealer. I want them to give me 10% off of the sticker price from the dealer, not including the $1250. The sticker price is roughly 23K for the Special Edition and 25.5K for the Limited.

If they don't accept my offer tomorrow I am going to check out the Jettas.
    I did not get into that level of detail. I had worked enough numbers in advance to get a sense of what was fair and called around to try to get a better deal. I believe that if they were willing to go lower they would, regardless of HOW they did so. I think the rebate in NJ is only $1000 and not $1250.

Anyhow, as much as I LOVED the Legacy Limited, I finally went for the Jetta SE (see my post in that discussion) since the deal was so good. Perhaps I could have gotten close to that price with the Special Edition but just wanted to be done with it already.

Good luck.

- Doug
    what kind of deal did VW give you? I went there today and looked at the SE. $21K car, and they could not even come close to the Subaru price for a $23K subaru. I have a 1999 VW Jetta that I wanted to trade, and they gave me the lowest trade in value. Plus, VW did not want to discount their vehicle. What kind of discount did you get?? I typically go for 10% off the MSRP.
  • zdonut316zdonut316 Member Posts: 9
    I'm currently looking at an Acura TSX, but figured I'd check out a Legacy GT 2.5 since they are the same price. Does anyone know what numbers I could expect to see from them? Can I go there with the numbers from Acura and expect them to work to a similar number? I'm looking to get one for about $300 a month with no more than 1,500 down. Is that unrealistic????
  • zdonut316zdonut316 Member Posts: 9
    ************UPDATE************ I went to Pine Belt Subaru in Lakeood and the salesman was really nice. Gave me numbers I wanted to hear, but the 2.5i is NOTHING compared to a TSX for performance. I took out the 2.5 GT Limited and was amazed. I got them down to $2,500 down and $339 for a fully loaded 5-speed GT Limited. I don't know if I should consider this or now go back to Acura with these numbers for a TL. Problem is that this car is the same length etc. as the TSX. Just the engine is amazing compared. The Acura TSX would be $1499 and 320 a month. I want to make a decision soon. Any info would be great!!!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    It really comes down to this - do you like turbos? The GT will give you that kick in the pants. The TSX is fun but just can't match the GT for acceleration.

Then ask yourself: will benefit from AWD? Do you get a lot of snow?
  • stanglepstanglep Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man or others,

Do you have the current residuals and Money factors for a 24 and 36 mo lease 12K and 15K miles per year for the Legacy GT limited?

Thanks!
  • naragonlnaragonl Member Posts: 6
    :
    Feb 24, 2008
    Hi does anyone have thoughts on the Legacy Elite offered by Bill Kolb dealership

http://www.bkcars.com/ads/fullad/full.pdf

bkcars.com

I know the dealership has some negative posts but can someone give me an honest opinion on the lease deal. 177

$995 down, 177 a month 10k (.15after).
    the deal appears Ok to me but I'm a newbie.

I will not be putting much mileage on the car and probabaly wont go over the 10k a year. It's a manual whcih is Ok by me.

thanks for any input
    It's not a factory package. There is not official Elite model, so this is a dealer package.

The price sounds good but that is very low mileage, make sure to account for the extra miles you may travel.
  • norkoastalnorkoastal Member Posts: 3
    Hello, Could you price up the cap and residuals on a 2008 Legacy Limited 2.5 with VIP program (invoice pricing). Ive been told that $750 back is the only deal right now.. Any other deals to look for? What should I bargain on with price set on invoice?

12K 36 mo.
    12k 39 mo.

Area code 925 Zip 94518

Thanks
    Brad
  • dsn112dsn112 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to lease a limited in Philly/S Jersey area. What is the residual and money factor for a 24 and 36m lease and I need 15,000 miles.

If its not much more for the GT I would consider that also.
  • David EhrlichmanDavid Ehrlichman Member Posts: 47
    I just got a deal and need to know if I did ok.

Legacy special edition, automatic, 10K per year, no money down (I pay the taxes and fees up front..1,440) 24 months @ 225.61

It seems like a great deal?

Thanks
    David
  • mattress2mattress2 Member Posts: 7
    A Pittsburgh area dealer - Day Subaru -is advertising the 2.5 i S/E w/automatic for $199/mo "sign and drive" lease for 24 mo.
  • grandmasteryangrandmasteryan Member Posts: 3
    I have a current offer and I was wondering what some of you thought. It's for a 2008 2.5i Limited (non-GT) with VDC (standard now?).

The agreements are:
    12k mi
    No down (absolutely 0)
    Money factor is 0.0012
    Residual Value is $17,204
    Selling price is $22,347
    With a $500 gas card

With these figures the monthly payments would be $325 which is a bit high, but this is with 0 down. Good deal?
    I have now gotten the selling price down to $21,700 but without the gas card. Those are the only differences. I've been negotiating only on selling price and so using the Edmunds payment calculator, it turns out to be $293.

How is it looking? car_man?
  • navyjaynavyjay Member Posts: 5
    How long is the lease for? 24 months?
    That's right. 24 months
  • research1stresearch1st Member Posts: 23
    A Subaru dealer in WNY is offering the following Legacy lease:
    24month/10k year/$176 month/$999 down. The internet salesman said the offer does include automatic transmission but the payment would jump to $186/month for 12k/year. I don't know much about leasing but this does sound like a good deal to me. I'm only interested in a short term lease and this seems to be the best overall deal around. Is there a better deal out there? How could I get the VIP invoice price deal mentioned earlier in this thread?
  • tjones39tjones39 Member Posts: 31
    I am also looking to lease a 2008 Legacy Special Edition. Looking for 24 month term. Carman or anyone know what the residual and money factor is for 10k, 12k and 15k miles? Any help is much appreciated!!!

Currently the best deal in California I see so far is 10k miles, 24months, $166 per month now but was $159 month last month with $999 out of pocket.
  • tjones39tjones39 Member Posts: 31
    Okay I just Leased a new 2008 Legacy special edition that has the sunroof and automattic transmission. A beautiful Pearl White color with tan interior, this car is way nicer and drives better than the oh so boring Toyota Camry. Still nicer than the Altima, Mazda 6 and Malibu also.

Here is the smokin lease deal my wife and I received. First the Advertised price was $159 month $999 out of pocket total, 10k miles for 24 months. However with the miles we drive and at .15c per mile over I asked for 12k and 15k mile. The 12k was $168.78 and 15k miles was $178.72 all this with $999 total money our of pocket. Subaru must be subsidizing these well right now for the total msrp and what the other competitors are currently leasing for my guess is this car is about $75+ under per month right now. We bought in Los Angeles Sherman Oaks Subaru but they matched the Puente Hills Subaru special lease on this for me since they had the only pearl white car in all of So. Cal right now.
    Congrats, the deal does sound sweet.
  • 2panther2panther Member Posts: 20
    this is the response I got from a local dealer for a 2008 Legacy 2.5i Limited, does it look like a fair deal?

"I used a Diamond Gray Legacy 2.5i Limited that we currently have in stock. It has an MSRP of $25,473 and a factory invoice price of $24,050 including freight, splash guards, and rubber mats. Your selling price is $23,775 or $275 under factory invoice. There is also a $1000 rebate included in the calculations. The 24 and 36 month money factor is .00170. For 24 months the residual percentages are 68% for 12k and 67% for 15k. 36 month residuals are 56% and 55%. Any other questions?"
    If the $1000 rebate is included, doesn't that mean the price is actually $750 above invoice?

Or did he reduce the "invoice" price?
    forgive me but I don't quite follow you ateixeira, can you elaborate?
    [quote=research1st]A Subaru dealer in WNY is offering the following Legacy lease:
    24month/10k year/$176 month/$999 down. The internet salesman said the offer does include automatic transmission but the payment would jump to $186/month for 12k/year. [/quote]

could you please tell me which dealer in WNY gave you that offer?
    They said:

"factory invoice price of $24,050 including freight, splash guards, and rubber mats. Your selling price is $23,775 or $275 under factory invoice. There is also a $1000 rebate included in the calculations"

OK, so factory invoice is $23,775. Normally you subtract the rebate, so it would drop to $22,775, and $275 below that would take your final price to $22,500.

Or, do they mean it's $23,500?

So the question is, was the invoice $24,775, and they already reduced the price? Or are they keeping the $1000 when they say it's already been factored in?

Their wording is a bit ambiguous. You can look up the invoice prices to find out what they mean, or e-mail them to clarify.

Dealers can be sneaky.

I went to buy a car for "$1 over invoice" one time, and when I got there they tried to add freight. Freight is included in the invoice! So they were trying to make me pay for freight twice. :mad:
    I got a response asking about the $1000 he "took off"

"The rebate is taxable so it is not taken off of the selling price." was his response

That doesn't sound right to me but I'm new at this which is why I'm here, thanks!
    Hmm, just make sure that YOU get that $1000, and not the dealer.

I know what they mean, though. It's the same here in MD. You pay sales tax on a rebate, but not on a dealer incentive that the dealer passes on to you.

Just make sure they pass it on to you! ;)
    The offer I posted was from the internet department at Northtown Subaru in Amherst, NY. Please keep us posted on the details of any deals that you are offered as well. Good luck!
    Well...did you contact Northtown Subaru or any other dealer in WNY???
    Sorry I've been away and haven't posted. The search continues...

I didn't haggle at all yet since it's 92 degrees outside and it felt the same temp in the dealership and I was sweating like a hostage. Had to get out of there.

Here is the deal...

2008 Subaru 2.5i Limited
    Selling Price: $23718.00
    Trade Allowance: $0
    Less Payoff: $0
    Cash Deposit: $0
    Cash on Delivery: $0
    Rebate: $1000

3 year, 36k miles
    Rate/APR (money factor??) 0.00160

Lease:
    MSRP Amount: $25265.00
    Residual: 56%
    Amount: $14148.40

Payment Amount: $350.72
    Drive Off Amount Due: $350.72

How does that sound? That's everything except 1st payment rolled in. Any room for improvement?

Thanks!

Scan of deal workup paper
    anyone? carman?

echoooo echoooo :D
    nobody has an opinion?

when I look at edmunds.com for the invoice for a 2.5i Limited with VDC I see $22,890

according to their workup sheet the selling price is $23,718 which isn't too far off the invoice price as I understand it. If this looks good I will be making this deal this week!
    Hi 2panther. The money factor that you were quoted for this car looks slightly high. Subaru's buy rate for a 36 month lease of an '08 Legacy 2.5i Sedan is currently only .00120. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses that factor to calculate your monthly payment.

You aren't being given enough of a discount on this car for my taste either. After the $1,000 cash incentive that Subaru is currently providing on this model is taken into account, you are only being given a dealer discount of around $550. This car probably has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. I personally would want at least another grand off of its selling price. Of course, this may be easier said than done if there isn't a lot of competition in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 2panther. Please see my previous post for my response to your questions.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.