Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota 4Runner Lease Questions

123457»

Comments

• samminsammin Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2010
    Could I please get resid/mf in zip 10801 for 4Runner SR5 36,000/mi

Thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi sammin. Toyota is not currently providing any lease support on the 2010 4Runner. As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services, you would have to use its buy rate lease money factor...which is currently 00235 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

TFS' current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 4Runner SR5 4WD with 12,000 miles per year is 58%.

The problem with this residual value is that unlike most banks, TFS publishes residual values for base vehicles. It places restrictions upon what options can be residualized, making it difficult to calculate lease payments on specific units. TFS' effective, real-world residuals are lower than its percentages appear.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jelginjelgin Member Posts: 3
    Hey Car man.......

I saw the post concerning the SR5 residual. I have a 2006 2WD Limited base model - no options so I understand about the "no" value aspect of the options. Is the residual on the 2010 2WD Limited model going to be 58%?

Thanks, Jim
    Hey Jim. Toyota Financial Services' current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 4Runner SR5 4WD with 15,000 miles per year is 56%.

Toyota is not currently providing any lease support on this model. As a result, if you were to lease one through TFS right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. The last time that I checked, TFS' standard buy rate lease money factor was .00235 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • danf1222danf1222 Member Posts: 11
    CarMan: Can you let me know what the residual/MF is for the 2010 4Runner Limited on both a 36 and 48 month lease with 12K per year.

I was quoted $699 for a 48 month lease, with nothing down, including a buyout of my current 4Runner lease (2 months @ 570 = $1140 - they say that this is a current Toyota Financial special, but I am sure it is just being built into the lease).

I would like to calculate what the payment should be so that I can come back with a competitive but realistic counteroffer. Thanks.
    Hi danf1222. Toyota hasn't provided any lease support on the 4Runner in a long time. That means, if you want to lease one through Toyota Financial Services you will have to use its standard lease money factors.

TFS' current standard buy rate lease money factor is .00235 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

TFS' residual values for a 36 month lease of a 2010 4Runner Limited 4WD with 12,000 miles per year is 55%.

Its residual value for an otherwise identical 48 month lease is 46%.

The problem with these residual values is that they are only for base models. TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. This makes it difficult to individual consumers to calculate sample lease payments on vehicles on their own.

Car_man
    Host
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Any support from Toyota in February or are 4Runners "unleaseable".
    Hi steevo. Unfortunately, Toyota never seems to provide any support on the 4Runner...and February is no exception. This is going to be a fairly expensive truck to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • saldsald Member Posts: 5
    I was under the same impression but wanted to check it out before going with the JGC. I was surprised to find out the lease isn't so bad.

First i was quoted a ridiculous price of $539/12k/$35KMSRP

After asking about the money factor/residual and cap cost the sales person came back with those numbers and a better deal of $479 per month.

Then I asked what rates the local credit unions were offering. Sales person sounder surprised but looked into it and sure enough came back with a lease price of $410 per month with about $1800 out of pocket at lease signing.

At that point i told them if they could provide the same price for a loaded SR5 MSRP of 38K i would take it Initially they said it would cost me $439 month but i existed and just got a call back from the dealer asking if i was still interested and that they would be willing to go down to $415 per month, which I think is a great deal.

I will let everyone know what the money factor, residual and cap cost is once i finalized the lease this weekend.

The JGC Laredo X package with an MSRP of just under 38K was $429 month and the best i could squeeze out of them.

From what i learned, credit unions will only handle lease financing for certain vehicles with a better residual than your average car. Luckily this includes 4Runner and FJ Cruiser. Credit union can be joined for about 5 bucks and offers great rates for financing as well.

hope this helps and don't be afraid of asking for the best possible deal and have the sales person compete with an existing quote from a car in the same market space. I knew they wanted my business when I told them what I was about to pay for a JGC.
    wow nice job. Can you share which credit union is providing the lease?
    All they said was a local credit union. The dealer can set this up and complete the application for the credit union as they work up the lease.

I am pretty sure its bethpage credit union because that was the one used when i got a quote on a wrangler sahara edition. Unfortunely the best i could negotiate there was still too high.

I am sure i will have all the details once i finalize the lease over the weekend and will be sure to post it here. The best part is you don't have to belong to the credit union before hand. and certain dealers work with specific credit unions. I would just ask if they do and go from there.

I am in long island NY and am using Atlantic toyota in amityville. they are not as large as millennium toyota but i found them to be much better to deal with.

good luck to everyone. cant tell you how much it helped me to read all the post here before hand.
    Sounds good. I am considering all the same vehicles! Always liked the fj, but the f 4runner seems like more vehicle for the money. Then again, the FJ should be cheaper?
    From what my dealer told me, FJ and 4Runner carry the same lease and finance terms so it should be less. I originally went to check out the FJ but ultimately not as practical ss the 4Runner.

Although the trail edition has most the same off road features as the FJ plus some really cool modes for non experienced off roaders.
    Federal Teachers Credit Union is currently offering 2.99% financing on leases which is pretty fair if a manufacturer isn't offering any support.

http://www.teachersfcu.org/rates/consumerloan_rates.html#auto

You just have to open an account with them first. Hope this helps.
  • gt99speedgt99speed Member Posts: 3
    Carman,

Could you tell me what the residual value and money factor would be for a 4-Runner lease in the Boston market for the following vehicle: 4X4 SR5 with options FE, PN, SR, CF. It has a sticker price of $34,129. I'm looking to find out what the residual would be for 15,000 miles.

Thanks,

Jim
    Hi Jim. I don't believe that Toyota is currently providing any lease support on the 4Runner. As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease money factors. the last time that I checked, TFS' buy rate standard factor was .00220 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

TFS' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a 2011 4Runner SR5 4WD is 58%.

The problem with this percentage is that it is for a base model. TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized, making its effective residual values lower than its published percentages. The system is more complicated than the straight percentages that most banks use...so much so that TFS provides dealers with a list of the exact dollar residual values for every unit that they have in stock rather than relying upon them to calculate them themselves.

Car_man
    Host
  • carfreak1229carfreak1229 Member Posts: 6
    You really should go for the acadia unless you are willing to spend $500 a month or higher for a 39 month lease no money down. Same with financing. Bad car to lease or finance. Acaida isnt much better on SLT-1. Around 489 a month. 4runner is, althought, nicer inside.
  • zyaaaaazyaaaaa Member Posts: 36
    Anyone happen to know the current money factor and residual on 2012 4Runners?

Looking at the 4WD SR5 in Florida. Thanks!
  • bassmiesternjbassmiesternj Member Posts: 48
    CarMan, can you evaluate these numbers ?

2012 Trail
    48 month lease
    12k per year
    NJ 7% sales tax included
    $0 down
    MSRP: $38,583.00
    Money factor: .00220
    Residual: $16,084.00

$598.35 per month
    Bump.
    Based on a sell price of $36,275.
  • zyaaaaazyaaaaa Member Posts: 36
    It looks like Toyota is offering 48 month lease support - so bump for the bassmeister.

I'm hoping they add in 36 month soon. I'd much rather lease than buy this time but I would not consider anything over 36, even for a Toyota.
  • jpslxjpslx Member Posts: 2
    Where is Toyota offering 48 month lease support on the 4Runner?
  • autoalautoal Member Posts: 24
    Was just contacted by Toyota of Manhattan offering a 36 month lease with a .00132 money factor and 52.68% residual on a 2012 4runner SR5 premium package with nav, heated seats and cross bars. I believe the sales price was about 39,800. With 8.75 taxes rolled in the monthly paid was $595.

I think that I can negotiate the sales price down and hope the residual is increased to at least 58% in September. Would like to get this down to a $500 per month payment.

Any thoughts or experiences?
  • larryj42larryj42 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Carman,
    Could you give the residuals and money factors for a 2013 FourRunner SR5 with leather, 15K miles/year, 36 months and 48 months?
    Thanks so much!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Please continue on our 2014 Toyota 4-Runner Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.