Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Highlander Lease Questions

18910111214»

Comments

• dpb67dpb67 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone have the June money factor and residuals for 24/36 mo lease for a Plus or SE for NJ?
    Thanks!
  • dperonedperone Member Posts: 14
    Toddphilly:

What was the MSRP on the car? Did you buy it locally? I live in NJ
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi dpb67. Toyota Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor for a 24- or 36-month lease of a 2013 Highlander in New Jersey is .00030 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

This vehicle's residual values are more difficult to determine. TFS' current 24-month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a base 2013 Highlander 4WD is 71%. It is 61% for a 36-month lease. The problem with these numbers is that TFS places restrictions upon which options can be residualized, making it difficult to determine what this vehicle's effective residual is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dpb67dpb67 Member Posts: 6
    Car_man

Thanks for the information. I am coming off a Rav4 lease (I got a great deal thanks to you and others on the forum....thanks!) so I'm aware of the TFS restrictions. I am trying to work with dealers who don't add-on many options. Do you know how the base residuals compare to the Plus and SE models?

Thanks again
  • kstarr719kstarr719 Member Posts: 15
    Hey Car_Man,

I got a quote from a dealer on a 2013 Highlander Limited AWD. This is zero down, 36 months and 12K miles.

MSRP: 41,279 (includes running boards)
    Cap Cost: 38,184
    Money Factor: .0003
    Residual Value: 24,043

total inception fees:

acquisition: 650
    doc fee: 279.50
    pa reg.: 95.50
    rent charge: 686.15
    first months pmt: 489.01

Monthly Paymer: 489.01

What are your thoughts? I really appreciate your help!
  • jaugatjaugat Member Posts: 7
    Hi - do you happen to know the July 2013 lease factor on Highlander limited for 36months and 10k miles? Dealer quoted approx .001 and $24588 residual
  • kywonkywon Member Posts: 28
    Car-man:

My lease is up and I need a new car! I'm looking at the Highlander and want to work up the numbers on the Hybrid vs the non-hybrid. I'm wondering if it's possible for the gas savings to offset higher monthly lease costs.

Would you please give me the money factor and residual for 15,000 mile leases on the Highlander Limited Hybrid and Non-Hybrid AWD for both a 24 and 36 month lease? I'm in Los Angeles if that makes a difference.

Thank you so much as always!

kywon
  • picklzpicklz Member Posts: 1
    My Fiance and I are looking at leasing a Crossover/SUV in the next couple of weeks and decided to look at the Highlander due to its favorable lease rates right now, were offered the following deal on a 2013 Highlander SE w/ trailer package as the only option -

$389/mo - 36mo 12,000 miles/year
    Tax, $75 Dealer Doc fee, Registration, and first months payment due at signing.
    $6500 on trade for her current car, which I feel is a fair offer.

We let them know another dealer was offering basically the same but w/ no tax due at signing.

They then offered the following
    $389/mo - 36mo 12,000 miles/year
    True Zero down @ signing
    This tells me they came up quite a lot on the trade (probably $1000+), which seems like a very fair deal. The residual was $22,xxx

Does this seem like a fair deal or should we look elsewhere / push them further?

This is in MN
  • jaugatjaugat Member Posts: 7
    Push them further!

Just leased a 2013 Highlander Limited. Cap cost of ~$36k, residual ~$23k, lease factor of .00001 (that is 4 zeroes for top tier credit), $2k down, $353/month, 36 months, 12k miles.
  • mlampmlamp Member Posts: 1
    Where did you get that lease for 2013 Highlander Limited? Would like to get same. Thanks.
  • shadenrigalshadenrigal Member Posts: 3
    Car man,

What is mf and residual on 2013 highlander limited and se for 36 months, 12k miles per year.

Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Toyota leases vary greatly by region.. Where do you live?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• shadenrigalshadenrigal Member Posts: 3
    Dallas/Fort Worth Texas

It's funny because one dealer offered me 0 down and $400/mo for a base model, but I already know there is a local deal (maybe national deal) of $1999 down and $279/mo. I was only interested in a test drive at the moment.
    I don't have the information for Texas, I'm sorry.

Toyota lease prices are hard to calculate, because they don't residualize all of their options. Each unit has it's own residual, that you have to get from the dealer.

sorry,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pkim5pkim5 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I just got a Blizzard Pearl 2013 Highlander SE AWD in NJ for $355 monthly w/ $0 down and taxes included but title, DMV, acquisition fees, etc. due at signing that totaled $1,600. 36 months/12k yearly.

Does that sound like a good deal?
  • ml8853ml8853 Member Posts: 1
    Hello

I've been a long time lurker and want to get some numbers on a lease for a 2013 highlander Plus. The msrp is 33559 and the selling price is 30681 with a total OTD price of 37250 (amount owed on my trade in is rolled in and tax tags etc. It's blizzard pearl with only mats as the options installed. I am in Jacksonville Florida. I would like numbers on a 15k lease. Let me know of you need more info.

Mike
  • saint787saint787 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I am in Texas. A local dealer just offered my this deal on a lease. I have never leased a vehicle before. Wanted to get someone' s opinion.

Dealer price: $30,869
    Residual: $17802
    Factor: .00001
    Miles: 36K
    Term: 36 Months.

Here is What I am paying:

Down: $2000.00 including the first month payment. I will be paying 35 more payments.
    TTL: $ Dealer is paying the TTL. (Which he is claiming to be $2300.00)
    Payment: $315.00 (35 Payment)

This is basic model with no leather. Only thing it has extra is running boards.

Thanks.
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    The dealer is not paying TTL. It is built in to the capitalized cost or part of the down payment. Check the numbers.
  • saint787saint787 Member Posts: 2
    Ken,
    If I add the numbers. Here is what I get.

35 payment of 315 35*315= $11025
    Down Payment: $2000
    Total I am paying in 36 month: $13025+$17802 (Residual)= $30827.
    This is almost the selling price of the vehicle. Someone has to pay taxes on this transaction. Looks like its not me. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Thanks.
  • dcgatordcgator Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car Man,

We are interested in leasing either an SE 4WD or a Limited 4WD Highlander. Can you please provide the money factors and residuals for a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles. (Do they offer leases with 10,000 miles?) We are in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Thanks!
  • zbownaszbownas Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    I've really gotten myself in a mess. I leased a 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon last fall (end of November), coming out of a '05 Gx460. I was bound and determined to save money on gas. Unfortunately, I'm not happy with my choice. It's a nice car, it's just not the car for me. Now, I realize I am negative in my Acura, I believe our current payoff would be about $8-9k over KBB trade. So, it will come down to how much I want out of this car and if I feel it's worth the cost to me.

Looking at a local Toyota dealer (central Florida), I'm seeing an

FWD Limited
    MSRP $40,062
    Dealer/Internet price $32,050

Can anyone help me out on what I might be looking at with a 36 mo/15k lease, maybe $1500 down?
    I'm sorry... we don't have any reliable numbers for Toyota..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the response (and similar ones for other cars). Why doesn't Toyota release its lease numbers? Can you provide even dated information or for other trim levels? I'd like some way of comparing what a dealership offered me vs what a monthly would be based on a cap cost I "want" to pay. Any suggestions or do I really just have to negotiate solely on the monthly price?

Thanks!
    Toyota has about 10 regions, many with different numbers, plus at least two "distributors" that have their own financing programs...

On top of all of that, they have caps on what options they will residualize... so, a 57% residual might only be an effective 53% residual.... Even the dealers can't calculate residuals.. Each unit has it's own residual dollar amount..

So, it's a mess... Many years ago, when our family's choice was between the Accord or Camry, I just gave up on leasing a Toyota... It's not straightforward..

That's not to say you can't do it.... ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• globalfuseglobalfuse Member Posts: 2
    I'm new to leasing. 2013 highlander SE, 1st months payment and TTL, lease payment of $320. MF .00001 and residual of 22600. I don't know the purchase price yet. I know I need to know that. Something seems too good. What's the catch?
    It's actually not that great of a deal. With a residual of $22,600 and a money factor of .00001 (howd you get that, btw? the money factor for awesome credit is .0006), your cap cost is $34,100, assuming a 36-month lease. What's the MSRP? Is there navigation in your SE? Is it AWD? It's also not clear whether your numbers include the $650 acquisition fee or ~$200 processing fee.

Go to Truecar and build your exact car (making sure to take off any incentives that are for purchasers only) and see what 'cap cost' other people are paying is. My guess is it's several hundred dollars cheaper.

Good luck!
  • globalfuseglobalfuse Member Posts: 2
    I'm going to have all the numbers sent to me. Because I had not received the sales/cap cost I worked it backwards and it came out to 32800 with $800 due at signing for 1st months payment and acquistion. TTL is extra. I was given that MF directly from the dealer. Again, I need to see a copy of the lease agreement to figure out the exact cost. No nav and it is AWD. Thanks for the info. I will check the website.
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Car Person (whose to say they are male or female?) - had a couple of questions for you. I am interested in leasing an SE w 4WD and V6. No other options. Located in NJ. Can you tell me Money Factor and Residual for a 3/36 as well as a 4/48?

Also - on Honda leases, you can extend the lease 2 times up to a total of 12 months beyond the contractual lease which makes for great flexibility. Can this be done for a Toyota (Assuming it is leased through Toyota Financial). Also, with a Honda, you get up to $1500 of wear and tear allowances and no turn in costs. Does Toyota do this?

Lastly, am also considering getting a CPO Highlander - but - when I look at the CarFax reports on them, they show no maintenance records and for the Honda's they do. Any idea as to why? One thing critical when getting a 4WD or All Wheel drive vehicle is to know that transmission/ differential fluids and trans case fluids have all been changed at proper intervals. I would expect transmission to last well beyond the 100k CPO warranty and without proper fluid changes, that won't happen.

Thanks and sorry to ramble.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    edited October 2013
    Answers to some of your questions:
    1. Car_man is an actual user here.
    2. No idea but you can call TFS and ask.
    3. 1500 damage -- No that is a Honda lease feature.
    4. Carfax is only as good as any service or accidents that were REPORTED. If they dont get reported, they are not on the carfax. I would say the maintenance record thing you are talking about is a coincidence relative to the actual vehicles you looked at.
    5. Read previous posts to guess the MF and residual. Its October now so the numbers will be coming soon, but dont expect anything specific for Toyota as has been already explained here numerous times, Toyota sets individual vehicle residuals. But read previous posts, there are plenty of sales reports given so you will get a good idea of what to expect to pay.
    On 2013 Highlanders, there are special money factors ranging from .00001 to .00045, depending on region and lease program. I don't have any information on residuals, but Toyota residuals are notoriously difficult to calculate, anyway, as they don't allow certain factory options to be residualized, and put a cap total on MSRP for residual purposes. Even the dealer can't calculate it, they just look for the residual amount on each unit's invoice...

Sorry that I don't have more information for you..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks to both you and the previous poster for your responses. Sounds like Toyota is controlling the flow of information on purpose.
    kyfdx,

I think I know your response but I will give it a try anyhow. If I wanted the SE model with 4 wheel drive, no other options and a 3/36 lease, can you give me MF and residual or is the situation still the same that this vehicle has factory options would would not allow you to get a clear picture as to the residual.

Thanks,
    Sorry... but, I have no new information...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I hope you are west coast based otherwise you are burning the oil.

Thanks anyhow,
  • jw12jw12 Member Posts: 2
    Dealer gave me a resi of 23,374 for 15K miles & 24180 on 12K miles for 3yr lease.
    Money factor is .00112
  • asplattasplatt Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Have an offer for Toyota Highlander. Is this a good offer?

2013 Highlander Limited FWD
    36 months
    12k miles per year
    $0 down
    $479 incld CA taxes per month
    Money factor: 0.00045
    Car price: $39124
    residual: $22011
  • asplattasplatt Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Have an offer for Toyota Highlander. Is this a good offer?

2013 Highlander Limited FWD
    36 months
    12k miles per year
    $0 down
    $479 incld CA taxes per month
    Money factor: 0.00045
    Car price: $39124
    residual: $22011
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Looks pretty good to me.
    I just recently leased a 2013 Highlander Limited AWD, payment including 8.625 tax is 473.... 36 months, 12000 miles. First payment and registration fees up front.
    I think better is possible, but this seems to be a pretty good deal.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142

Please visit our 2014 Toyota Highlander Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.