Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Toyota RAV4 Lease Questions

Comments

• gogoscottgogoscott Member Posts: 5
    abitici,

$311 sounds like a no deal to me. Toyota has a special offer going this month for a 4x4 V4 Base, 36 month, 12k, and $2,200 down for $199. After three years you will have paid $4,832 more then the offer. At $0.15 a mile, your better off walking in offer in hand and paying the extra $1,350 for over mileage at the end.

http://www.buyatoyota.com/Specials/specialOffersPage.aspx?preview=0&seriesname=R- - AV4
    Just signed and drove off with a Blizzard Pearl w/ Leather 2009 RAV4 LTD 4X4 V4.
    Includes:
    PC, QY, CF, MF, WL
    first mo., fees, and gap insurance
    Northern NJ

MSRP: 28,584
    12,000mi/yr.
    36 mo
    $400/mo
    $928.50 out of pocket

I did turn in my CR-V a month early after already paying last month's payment (direct withdraw). But it needed tires and had a number of scratches. It also need gas... suckers.

What do you think?
  • margormargor Member Posts: 3
    I would love some feedback and help on leasing a RAV4. The MSRP is 23,765, the dealer price is 21,899.

I told them I didn't want to put any money down.

Boch Norwood just offered 274 per month. That doesn't include taxes or gap insurance or payments left on my present lease. He said that's with nothing due at signing. He said it would probably bring it up to 300. Does that sound like a deal?

My lease is ending in June and I'm fast approaching 36k on my Highlander. My payments are 237.85 and I put down 2,000. The MSRP was 28,500. I have encore status and a pre-approval letter for a new lease. (if that means anything)

Toyota is running a 219 per month special on the same model but salesman said that deal is only if you put down the 1995.

This is a great site and I'm so grateful for any help.
    He said that's with nothing due at signing? Any lease requires at least first month payment. The 219 mo / 1995 down or 274 mo / 0 down special is ok. You could try to knock it down a few dollars by printing the nyc deal. buyatoyota.com -> use zip 10036

If they will buy out your entire remaining payments now go for. If not, you maybe better off paying any over fees. Say your 2k miles over @ $0.15 = only $300.
  • eddieb187eddieb187 Member Posts: 1
    New to the forum.
    Hi Guys!

Is this a good deal?

2009 Rav4 Limited (PP EVP)
    36/Mo 12k mi/yr
    Sticker- $30,550
    Cap cost- $29,470
    MF- 0.00090
    $3000/Down
    $349/Mo
    My vehicle with same terms had a msrp of $28,584 after a $2,000 "package discount". With nothing down, paying $390/Mo. A difference of $1,524 from your quote. If your truly getting $2k more of vehicle, go for it. But if the real msrp (last line on the sticker) is closer to $28.5k, I would ask to put less down.
  • jnkohjnkoh Member Posts: 37
    The dealer I am working with says that rav4's are low on inventory in NJ. Can anyone confirm this? Because of this, he is telling me the lowest he can go is $1000 over invoice. I previously bought a Highlander from him about 6 months ago and he gave it to me at invoice. I have been going back and forth with him and $1000 above is the lowest he will go. I was trying to save some time and not shop around hoping my previous deal with him would carry over, but looks like I will have to shop around, or if rav4's really are on low inventory, get a crv or something.
    Anyone else in NJ hearing the same thing?
    Anyway, deal was 25007 for the sale price, 15706 residual, 0.0009 money factor. This is a sport, with qx value package, carpet mats, mud gaurds and wheel locks.

THanks
  • dima1dima1 Member Posts: 19
    Carman,

Could you provide the risidual and a money factor for the 2009 RAV4 base 4 cyl with 3rd row seating in NYC area?

I also cannot figure out on how to configure RAV4 Limited with the 3rd row seat. Is such a vehicle exsists?

Thank you.
    This is an offer i got from a New York dealer
    2009 Rav4 Sport with QX 4 cyl 4wd auto
    23995 Cap Cost
    Monthly payment $283 month

Due at signing: $1391
    First month payment
    dmv fees
    bank fee

The only thing I don't like is that this dealer is telling me 650 for the bank fee, while another is telling me 595. Which one is it? is the bank fee taxable too?

He said they could go down to 281 a month, but thats probably about $72 off sale price. Would like to go at invoice. Anyone getting invoice pricing on rav4's?
    jnkoh,

Does your monthly price includes NY tax? What about Gap insurance ( as far as I know Toyota does not include it )? Which NY dealer ?
    Well my latest from them is this. 711 total out of pocket, nothing else, everything else rolled into car. They said they will include mudflaps, and floor mats for 299.18 a month including taxes. He didn;t mention anything about gap insurance so, I am guessing the $711 and thats it.
    When I back calculate the numbers i believe purchase price is 23888.
    I got a competing offer from a NJ dealer now that says they will do same deal for 23,500 and payment will be 291 a month including taxes with $500 total out of pocket.
    the deal included nj tax which is 7% i think ny is 8.375% so would be a little more. you can email jkaplan@rocklandtoyota.com. His name is Jason, tell him James Koh referred you. He will give you the same deal.
  • verystingyverystingy Member Posts: 36
    Hi Carman,
    Could you please provide me the money factor and residuals on a 2009 RAV4 Limited with 4WD (and V6 engine) for 12K and 15K? I would like to get a fully loaded model possibly with navigation. Thanks!

Sal
  • krisboriskrisboris Member Posts: 2
    Can you please tell me what dealerships are offering the $199 /mo lease on the RAV 4. I would travel to just about anyplace in the country to get a deal like that. My local dealers (Hilton Head, Savannah, Atlanta) are telling me that nothing like that could possible exist. I would like to have the information for them to bargain. I have to turn in my current lease soon and would like to get a car this coming Saturday. Any information ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    All Greater New York (NY City) dealers.
    See http://toyotaofhackensack.com/Incentives.aspx
    Click on picture of RAV4

Special Lease:
    $199.00 per month for 36 months
    $2399.00 due at signing
    Excludes tax, title, registration and acquisition fee.
    Security deposit waived by TFS.
    Model 4432
    Options FE QV
  • magoonmagoon Member Posts: 32
    Anyone getting invoice pricing on rav4's?

Just bought a 2009 Sport V6 for invoice less the $500 buy rebate.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi nhbanker. Toyota's lease program for the RAV varies by region. I would be happy to try to give you an idea of what its current program is like if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi dima1. Here's the information that you are looking for. Toyota Financial Services' current New York region buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 RAV4 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00090 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier. The money factor for a Limited 4WD is the same, but its residual value is only 59%.

When looking at these residual values, keep in mind that TFS only publishes residual percentages for vehicles' base MSRPs. It places limits upon what options can be residualized. This policy, which is different from most other banks, makes TFS' effective residuals lower than its published percentages and it makes it difficult for consumers to calculate the lease payments for specific vehicles on their own.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi verystingy. Toyota's lease program for the RAV4 varies significantly by region. I would be happy to give you an idea of what it is like in your neck of the woods right now if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
    Just signed the paperwork, will be picking up this saturday.

2009 Rav 4 Sport, 4cyl, 4wd, auto
    Options, QX, FE, CF (Extra value package 1, emission(free), and carpet floor mats)
    Sale Price 23,500
    Residual 15,706
    money Factor 0.0009
    Term: 3 year 12K miles/year
    $789 total out of pocket (first month payment,doc fees, dmv fees, gap insurance, etc)
    $650 bank fee rolled into lease
    7% NJ Sales tax rolled into lease
    Monthly Paymen $291

Hope that helps. This was from a NJ dealer. The first dealer I tried working with, which I bought a car from 6 months ago wouldn't go less than 1000 above invoice. His claim was that inventory was low in NJ. As soon as I contacted other dealers, they were already starting at just $200 above invoice. Looks like final deal came in about $300 below invoice.
  • verystingyverystingy Member Posts: 36
    Congrats to you!! Picking up mine as well tomorrow (in South Jersey).
    Heres the deal:
    2009 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD in Blizzard Pearl
    Includes: BC,PC,QY,TO,DK,CF, FE
    MSRP: 30,969
    Term: 3 years & 15K/year
    $1,500 at signing and $394 per month total.

I am so happy with the deal. I probably could have shaved a few bucks more off (but it was $2,600 less than my first quote) ;). Good luck to you and enjoy your RAV!
    jnkoh,

What dealer did you end up with in NJ?
  • vcguyvcguy Member Posts: 2
    Can you please us the name and location of the dealer . I am looking for a similar deal.
  • winecounrtywinecounrty Member Posts: 3
    LTD with Extra Value package.,VIPRS3200 and mats..
    I have 2k in equity in my trade. should bring lease price down to $23615.00
    Money rate should be .25 less than .00090 since this is a encore deal.
    Cap cost $23615.00
    mf 0.0090 minus the.25 for encore client
    tax rate 7.75%
    3yr 36k lease
    quote payment of $314.47
    residual of 59%
    My main concern is the payment tally for the term of the lease added to the residual does not match the capitalization figure..
    Any accurate response would be welcome
  • gsemikegsemike Member Posts: 2,280
    Car Man, can you tell me what to expect for a 4 cyl base model on Long Island with good credit?
  • asa114asa114 Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal?
    MSRP $23,964
    Cap Cost $23,202
    Residual Value $14,527
    Money Factor 0.00087
    Term 36 mths
    State Sales Tax 9.00%
    Term Depreciation 8,675
    Monthly Lease Rate 32.82
    Monthly Depreciation $240.97
    Payment after tax $282.

This is for a 2009 RAV4 Base with auto, 4wd and extra value package of $319.99

Out of pocket is:
    $674.89

Calculated as follows: 650 (acq fee) + $298,44 (1st mth) + $226.45 (tag fee)

Dealer gave me another discount of $500.00
  • orangeman99orangeman99 Member Posts: 88
    What is the residual and MF in NYC on a 4-cyl Limited 4x4?

Is there a repeat customer discount on anything if I go with same dealer that leased my 06 RAV4?

thanks.
  • orangeman99orangeman99 Member Posts: 88
    Is this a good offer?

I have 06 RAV4 lease, 2 more payments @ $405, they will make them. I'm in NYC.

First offer $399 OTD, then $379, and then final $369.

Sales guy wouldn't give me the sale price he used. He told me "it's not important when you lease, it's a very complicated formula to figure out the lease payment". I didn't like that he thought I was a fool who would accept whatever he told me. When I told him that I know what I'm doing, and pressed him on it, he still wouldn't give it to me.

$369 out the door (net is $346/mo if you factor $23x36 for my current lease payoff)
    36/12
    MSRP with options 27,720
    residual 15,519 (I calculate that as 56%, shouldn't it be higher?)
    MF .00090

based on my calculations (w/ 8.375% sales tax) the sale price they used was about $25,700 (which I believe is around invoice, I don't remember the exact options)

When I said no and started to leave to seek other offers, the "manager" came over and dropped it $30/mo more to $339 total ($316 net).

That's a sale price of $24,700 which I probably should have accepted. But I'm going to 1 other dealer tomorrow to get another offer. I leased my current RAV4 there, so I should get some kind of extra discount, right?
  • wildcat4wildcat4 Member Posts: 3
    Could you give a sense of the RAV4 lease program deals in FL? Will likely be in the market in June, but April numbers would be helpful to get a sense. Thanks.
  • pshooperpshooper Member Posts: 25
    I am pricing a RAV4, 6cyl, QY, TO for lease over 3 years, 15K miles per year. Since you have said the numbers vary by region I thought I needed to ask. Can you give me the Toyota numbers for this vehicle for my area? Excellent credit. I prefer to do zero down when possible, but I can put any amount down if it has a good return. Thanks.
    Congratulations on getting your new RAV, jnkoh. Thanks for taking the time to give back and post the details of your lease in this discussion for everyone to see. If you have the time, you should hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gsemike. I'd be happy to try to give you an idea of what sort of payment you can expect on the RAV that you are interested in, but in order for me to do so I am going to need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price. Let me know what they are and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi asa114. The RAV that you described probably has a spread of around $1,900 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price, yet you were quoted a dealer discount of only $762 on it. I personally would want a lower selling price on this truck. Shop around and aim for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. Then make sure that the dealer is using Toyota Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment and you'll be in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi orangeman99. Are you a 'Cuse fan? As a former St. Johns fan (I retired as a fan of the program after the administration completely ran what was a proud tradition of winning into the ground) I'm jealous. If not, never mind :).

Here's the information that you're looking for. Toyota Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 RAV4 Limited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00080 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Keep in mind though that TFS' published residual value percentages are for base models. It places restrictions upon which options can be residualized. As a result, it is difficult for individual consumers to estimate what lease payments should be on their own. Calculating the residual values for Toyota leases is so difficult that TFS actually provides dealers with lists of the actual dollar residual values for the specific vehicles that they have in stock rather than relying on them to calculate them on their own.

I do not believe that Toyota is currently providing any loyalty cash on this model in your region right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello wildcat4. You reside in Toyota's Southeast region. Toyota does not sell its vehicles directly to consumers in your area. Instead it uses a distributor, SE Toyota, to do so. SE Toyota uses its own bank rather than leasing vehicles through Toyota Financial Services. I have not seen SE Toyota's lease program in a while, but I can make some calls and see if I can find out what it is for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pshooper. I have not seen Toyota's current lease program for your area lately, but I think that I can find it out. Please post a reminder in this discussion for me in a day or two and I'll let you know what I have been able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
  • cg27288cg27288 Member Posts: 4
    Hi

The local dealerships here in CT are offering this deal on 2009 RAV-4s. I've never leased a vehicle before so I am pretty clueless about things...is this a good deal? Let me know if you need more info to answer. Thanks!!

$2299 down
    $ 199 a month

I think there is also a $650 bank fee or something like that. My credit score is 750+ so I think I will qualify for it. I guess my main question is the down payment negotiable? Or is this a 'special deal' that they won't go down on? Thanks much!

edit: Here's the actual coupon details if this helps:

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: “Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee of $750 for Cars and $800 for Trucks, Vans and SUVs. (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota's charge for these services is called the "Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee" and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota's overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally required equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC and TX will be higher. Actual dealer price will vary.

EPA Estimated Mileage: The EPA has revised the way the estimated fuel economy rating is determined. Actual mileage will vary.

Disclaimer: See your participating local Toyota dealer for details. Other restrictions may apply. This special offer is applicable for these models: 2009 models include 4430, 4431, 4432, 4433, 4440, 4441, 4442, 4443, 4450, 4451, 4452, 4453. Offer ends 5/04/09, cannot be combined, is subject to availability and may vary by region. Valid in NY, NJ and CT only. See participating dealer for details. Lease a new 2009 RAV4 for $199 a month for 36 months with $2,299 due at signing, which includes $2,100 down payment which totals $2,100 down, and $199 first month's payment and $0 security deposit. Example based on model #4432. Base MSRP excluding freight is $22,900. Monthly payments of $199 total $7,164. Capitalized cost of $22,775 based on down payment and dealer participation which may vary by dealer. Lease-end purchase option is $14,527. Lease does not include taxes, license, title fees, insurance and dealer charges. Closed-end lease. Payment may vary depending upon final transaction price. Customer responsible for maintenance, excess wear and tear and $0.15 per mile over 12,000 miles per year. To qualified Tier I+ customers through Toyota Financial Services.
    HI cg27288. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I would be happy to give you my opinion of the deal that you were quoted, but it would help if you were able to provide us with this vehicle's MSRP and selling price first.

One thing about the quote that I notice right off the bat is the large down payment that you are being asked to make. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Those who make one risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you are much safer going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    HI Car man. This is your reminder. Have you found out anything on the lease program in my area? Thanks!
  • cg27288cg27288 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car-man,

The MSRP of the ones I'm looking at range from 22,900 to 24,475. I'm not sure if the offer is for just the 22,900 model or any of them. I haven't really done any negotiating yet so I'm not sure of the selling price.

Does this help at all or I am I asking too much while providing too little info? :/

Thanks for the tip about the down payment.
  • wildcat4wildcat4 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man:

That would be great regarding looking into what might be available in the Southeast region. One note is that we are in NY now but will move to FL in the next month or two. The thought was to get the car down there so as to not waste miles on the lease. If the deals are better in the Northeast (NY or NJ), that would be helpful to know. Thanks again.
  • margormargor Member Posts: 3
    hi car-man,

I have a few questions again and hope you can help me.

I just got figures for model # 4432A from the dealer. On the website it stated
    the MSRP as 23,331. I assumed the dealers cost had to be around 21,000.

He said the website had made a mistake and sent me the invoice. The dealer cost is 20,381 with 108 for 17" wheels, 752 for 3rd row seating, 202 for bluetooth, 125 for preferred accessory package. total acc. 1187. Then 742 destination charge, TDA of 324, dealer holdback ( i have no idea what that is) 458 and a wholesale financial reserve of 229. Total dealer cost is 23,331.32. Total MSRP is 25,191.

$338 a month with $771 due a signing? I didn't think that was great. It didn't include two payment left on my highlander or gap insurance.

I live in MA and have encore status from TFS.

Can't thank you enough for all the information/advice you give.
  • goodjobgoodjob Member Posts: 1
    i want to lease a 2009 toyota rav 4 limited 4x4 v6 3.5.
    color is Blizzard pearl. and option is

1. Extra value package #2,
    2. Rear backup camera,
    3. Special color,
    4. Tow prep package.
    this car is the full option...

so dealership gave me the price $402/month, 12k, 36months(3 years).
    and oop(out of pocket money)is $1800. this price included
    (bank fee, DMV fee and first month lease fee). and i live NEW YORK CITY
    i dont know this deal is either good or not. please give me an advice to reply or
    e-mail....

this is my e-mail address alska199hotmail.com
    Thanks pshooper. In April, Toyota Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for the 2009 RAV4 in your region was .00173 for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier. Of course, it is now May and this program has changed. The good news is that it has likely changed for the better. Toyota is offering some of the most attractive leases that i have ever seen it offer this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • dwbsalesdwbsales Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you share your opinion with me on this offer, please. $408 per month with $632 up front. 09 Rav4 LTD, 4cyl, white, 4WD, leather, moon, blutooth MSRP: $28,879. Base of $25,880, Dest. of $745, Acces of $2,254. Lansing MI
    I'd be happy to, dwbsales. What is this RAV's selling price. This is a very important number for you to know. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let me know what the selling price is and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    I am pricing a RAV4, 6cyl, QY, TO, FE for lease over 3 years, 15K miles per year. I have found the price for a similar vehicle on the FitzMall web page. That vehicle is an FE, QY, TO, BC, CF-R, MF. MSRP is $28,840, selling price is $27,672. Edmunds TMV price for the vehicle I want is $27,462.

I would like to make an offer to a local dealer. I qualify for the .00173 money factor, but I do not know the residuals for 15K per year for 3 years. What should I offer to pay per month with no money down?
    In reviewing other posts in this forum, I see that calculating residuals on Toyota's is close to impossible. I guess I will have to go to the dealer and see what he has on his lot and ask for the printout of residuals on those vehicles. Does this seem like the best plan?
    I visited my dealer today and told them that I had calculated a price on leaseguide.com of $366 (including tax) for the RAV4 I wanted.The dealer came back with an offer of $459, which I think is based on the MSRP price, judging by reverse engineering the number.

The dealer sheet I was given showed the MSRP had increased from $30,075 on Feb 25th to $30,329 today (May 9). The residual value had remained the same at $17,258. Did Toyota have an increase in prices in the last two months? How can the residual value remain the same more than two months later? Anyway, plugging in the edmunds.com TMV value of $27,462 as the Base Cap Cost in leaseguide.com and the residual of $17,258 with a money factor of .00173 and nothing down except DMV costs I got a monthly payment of $360 + $22 tax.

I was quite disappointed at the dealer's offer of $459. It so much higher than what I expected that I am re-evaluating getting a RAV4. Have I made a mistake with my figures or is the dealer just not interested in leasing this vehicle to me?
  • dwbsalesdwbsales Member Posts: 2
    The price of the Rav4 is $26597 plus state taxes and fees. Let me know if you need anything else. I thank you for your help.