Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Toyota RAV4 Lease Questions

15678911»

Comments

• marosenmarosen Member Posts: 6
    I live in Greater Boston.

In January I leased a 2011 Rav4 base model 4x4 with automatic transmission. It was a 36 month lease with 12k miles/year. The MSRP was $25,124. My total out of pocket was $3999 and the dealer kept a $400 Toyota rebate. My monthly payment is $121.24 plus tax (which makes the monthly payment $128.82)

I'm now in the market for a second vehicle. Should I be able to duplicate this deal on a 2012?
  • pupper4pupper4 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I am looking for June residual value and money factor on a 2012 base RAV4 2wd with upgrade value package for both 12,000 and 15,000 mile/36 month leases. Thanks so much.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi pupper4. This vehicle's lease program varies by region. I need you to tell me what state you are in to give you an accurate idea of what its current program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jess4fjess4f Member Posts: 2
    Hi car man,
    I presently lease 2010 base 4x4 RAV4 for $231 with $0 down.
    I'm being bombarded with letters from the dealer to come for a great deal
    on 2012, even thou there is another seven month till the end of the lease.
    Do you think i can duplicate the same deal(i don't think it was a bad deal) ?

Thank you
  • leasegirlnyleasegirlny Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man,

Would you be able to tell me the July money factor and residual value for both the base Rav 4 (with upgrade value package if that matters), as well as the Sport model? Both would be for 12,000 miles per year - NY State.

Thanks!
  • jstnburns76jstnburns76 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

I am looking for the money factor and residual value for a Rav4 Limited with Nav Package with 15,000 miles and 36 months. I live in Illinois (60056). Thank you.
  • hondacrvnjhondacrvnj Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man

For 08902 (NJ) dealer is offering 250 per month (including tax) with 865 down (includes first monthly payment) for base 2012 Rav4 2 WD.
    Is it good deal ?
  • smg1929smg1929 Member Posts: 5
    CarMan;

Can you please provide current money factor and RV for a base RAV4 in lower NY State- 36 month $0 deal and what I might expect monthly? What additional fees are typical?

Thanks!
  • research1stresearch1st Member Posts: 23
    Carman,

Please advise the October MF and Residuals on the 4 cylinder Limited models..36 months/36,000 miles...

Current deal is $2599 down/$189 month for base model. Looking to do $0 down on a Limited model. Been getting quotes all the way from $290-$320...anyone have any input on those quotes?

Wife is prego need to save every cent! Thanks!
  • betha4betha4 Member Posts: 16
    Hi carman,

Can you please tell me what the MF and RV is for the 2012 Rav 4 Sport FWD 4 cylinder with appearance package and leather interior? I'm in LA. Can you tell me numbers for both a 36 mo/ 36k miles and a 24 month/ 24k miles lease?

Thanks!
  • pianoman31pianoman31 Member Posts: 3
    went to a Toyota dealership the other day and I inquired about leasing a RAV 4. My credit is very poor, in the 450s. This is what they offered me: 2012 RAV 4, base model with AWD, 3 year lease, 12k miles per year, 2 year Toyota Care (includes free oil change and tire rotations), $0 down payment - for $335/month. Considering my poor credit, is this a good lease offer?
  • blastphemyblastphemy Member Posts: 34
    Hi, Car_man! What are the lease terms for a 2013 RAV4 EV here in Los Angeles, CA? I prefer three years and 15,000 miles. THANKS!
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    any idea what the mf and residual are on a 2012 rav4 limited - 10k miles and 36 months?
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    I was just told mf was .00001. Still trying to get residual?
  • dcf1955dcf1955 Member Posts: 41
    Hi CarMan, could you provide the MF rate and Residual on a 2012 RAV4 Limited 4X4 V6 for a 2yr, 12k mi/yr as well as a 3yr, 12k mi/yr lease? I think the numbers are good thru Jan 7, correct? Thank you for your time.
  • matherfieldmatherfield Member Posts: 3
    Car man--what is the money factor and residual for the new 2013 RAV-4 XLE---also what is the typical---if there is such a thing---lease acquisition fee from Toyota Financial---my last lease, I think the dealer added some--I paid 695 and it has taken me three years to realize it--shame on me---thanks again--you are always very helpful
  • dpb67dpb67 Member Posts: 6
    Carman,
    Can you please provide residual and mf for a 2012 Base v6 in NJ?
  • capdadcapdad Member Posts: 2
    Looking for prices paid, Money factor, Buy Rate, Residual, Any additional fees from Toyota on a 2013 Rav4

Thank you
  • organicmamaorganicmama Member Posts: 2
    This would be our first lease and I'm a bit nervous. Not sure if this is a good deal. Doesn't quite seem like it. This is for a 2013 Rav4 with FWD and no navigation.

MSRP $27010
    Special color (Blizzard Pearl) $395
    Floor Mats $225
    Destination Charge $845
    TOTAL PRICE $28475

They are taking off $1,000. So purchase price would $27,475. We are trading in a vehicle and are a bit upside down (I know, not good) so we are having to carry over $1,300, making purchase price $29775.

Down Payment $0
    Acquisition Fee $650 (factored into monthly payment)
    Admin fee $89 (to be paid when we pick up car along with first month's pymt)
    Taxes 8.3% (added into monthly payment)
    Residual Value $17,016 (I believe 53%)
    MF .00180 (this seems high to me but they said Toyota sets this. We have great
    credit and this is the rate for super preferred)
    Monthly payment $486

Can you please give me feedback. I just don't know if this is something we should pursue.
  • organicmamaorganicmama Member Posts: 2
    I forgot to mention this this is for the Limited version.
  • tti755tti755 Member Posts: 1
    i think $ 486 is too much, u must get better deal, try to negotiate more with them. try different dealership also.

good luck
  • nickc3nickc3 Member Posts: 17
    I just got two quotes on a

2013 RAV 4 LIMITED AWD

In both cases - LIMITED, with no additonal options.

All rolled into payments. 36 Months/36K miles.

Two dealers -

$486
    and
    $459

in both cases, I think way too high.

I'm currently in a Limited for $299 (mind you...that was a steal as I got it during all that B.S. accelator nonsense and no one was touching toyotas).

But, if I can't get something in the mid 300 range, I'm getting an Acura RDX which can be had for about the same price ($460 for the 2WD).
  • forvictoryforvictory Member Posts: 2
    This is my first lease. I paid total downpayment of $3073.00 (includes everything). My monthly is $265 for 39 months with 12k/year. It has a Navigation - floor/mats/cargo net.

Any thoughts..thanks
  • jkozlow3jkozlow3 Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2013
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please post the March residual and MF for a 2013 RAV4 Limited AWD for 12k miles/year?

Also, I assume there are no dealer incentives at the moment since this model is so new?

Thanks!
    edited March 2013
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please provide the March residual and MF for a 2013 RAV4 Limited AWD for 12k miles/year for Colorado (and 15k/yr if you have it available)?

Thanks in advance Car Man!
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please provide the March residual and MF for a 2013 RAV4 Limited AWD for 12k miles/year for Colorado (and 15k/yr if you have it available)?

Thanks in advance Car Man!
    No love for the RAV4 Car_man??
    Just in case anyone is wondering, in Colorado, the March residual and money factor for the 2013 base RAV4 Limited AWD model with no additional options are as follows:

Money Factor: .00180 for Tier 1+ credit

Residuals:

12k/yr: approximately 61%
    15k/yr: approximately 59%

The residual value changes slightly when additional options such as Navigation/Entune are installed.

Hope this helps someone!
  • prezrivprezriv Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please post the August residual and MF for a 2013 RAV4 Limited AWD for 12k miles/year?
  • busunclebusuncle Member Posts: 18
    I saw this yesterday.

My best recollection is a residual of 64 and a MF of .000181.

If that's not right on the money, it's very close. I was an interested observer.
  • bibberwibberbibberwibber Member Posts: 1
    I was offered 36 month lease for $244.00 per month and $5000 trade-in for my 2004 RAV 4.
    Residual value is $17,500 after the 3 year lease expires. Does anyone know if this is a good deal? Thank you
  • orangeman99orangeman99 Member Posts: 88
    Hi,
    Does anybody know the residual and MF for NY area for a 2013 Limited AWD?

Thanks
  • terri528terri528 Member Posts: 1
    Is $340 a month on a 2013 XLE a good deal, with first payment down only and everything included?
  • ltbrownltbrown Member Posts: 6
    Just came home from the dealership with our brand new 2014 Rav 4 Limited... Sadly, I am feeling buyer's remorse but would GREATLY appreciate your thoughts on how we panned out...

Agreed upon value: $34,052
    Acq. Fee -$650
    Gross Capitalized Cost: $34,702
    Gave us $6K towards trade-in
    $399/month (includes tax) X 35 month lease

Your thoughts???
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    What happened to the Explorer?

What was the selling price, residual value and money factor?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• verdi942verdi942 Member Posts: 304
    Without actually running the numbers, I'd say $399/mo for a $34K car is not too bad, and it just points up the high transaction/lease prices taking place today. Enjoy your new ride!
  • powdylipzpowdylipz Member Posts: 5
    What did you end up with? I'm new to leasing and am interested in same car but AWD.
  • powdylipzpowdylipz Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to lease a 2013 limited rav4 AWD base model and am new to leasing. I kept asking them what the money factor but they wouldn't give me a straight answer. This is what they gave me-
    Trade in Audi A6 2002 120,000 mil - $1500 ?!?! Seemed low
    residual value is $17,000.
    12k miles/yr. 3 yrs but he said roll first pmt in at signing so 35 mo lease (don't really understand what that means but when he drew it out he showed me paying 36 pmts)
    msrp $30,225. $288/mo pmt incl all other fees x 36 or 35 months.
    After reading some posts, I realized We never talked about a sell price or gross cap. Do I still need to negotiate those?

I went back with:
    $200/mo incl all fees for 36 mo (I assume they make up the difference in the trade in value of the Audi)
    15,000 miles/yr
    Incl. cargo organizer and all weather mats
    They said they would run numbers and get back w me.

I'm feeling nervous bc they're many factors I'm not familiar with and want to make sure my bases are covered.

Is what they offered reasonable and are my numbers a good deal AND are there other factors that I've left out and need to negotiate and/or lockdown?
    Thank you!
    I'm hoping to finish this tomorrow and move on...into my new car! But don't want buyer's remorse
    Yes you can negotiate the selling price of the new car.

My co-host Kyfdx should be able to provide the base money factor - it is something that the dealer can markup for extra profit, which is why I suspect they have been reluctant to provide it.

The residual is set by the bank and cannot be modified.

Good luck! Let us know how it all turns out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• g2369g2369 Member Posts: 60
    Hi,

I'm looking for residuals and MF for a Rav4.

24 months and 36 months
    15k miles per year.

Thank you! :shades:
  • g2369g2369 Member Posts: 60

Hi,

Still looking for residual and MF for a 2013 Rav4 Limited.

24 months / 15k miles

Thank you in advance!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175

I'm sorry, but I can't give you any reliable information for Toyotas. Depending on the region, money factors on that model vary from .00020 to .00070... I have no residual information.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cheapjackcheapjack Member Posts: 26

I'm thinking about leasing a 2013 RAV4 LE and saw a lease deal on Toyota's website: $199 a month for 24 months and $999 DUE AT SIGNING Questions:
    1) Is this a good deal?
    2) Is it negotiable further or is it low enough? The salesman says that the lease is a Toyota Corporate plan and is pretty much set in stone.
    3) What does the following mean? "Special lease offer requires application of $2100 GST RAV4 lease subvention cash."
    4) I might buy the car at the end of 24 months (LEASE END PURCHASE OPTION is $16876 plus tax, title and license). If this is a "subvented" residual value which they have artificially inflated to make the lease deal attractive, the car will probably be worth less than this at the end of the lease. Will I be able to negotiate this price at the end of the lease?

Thank you for your help.

edited January 2014

@cheapjack said:
    I'm thinking about leasing a 2013 RAV4 LE and saw a lease deal on Toyota's website: $199 a month for 24 months and $999 DUE AT SIGNING Questions:
    1) Is this a good deal?
    2) Is it negotiable further or is it low enough? The salesman says that the lease is a Toyota Corporate plan and is pretty much set in stone.
    3) What does the following mean? "Special lease offer requires application of $2100 GST RAV4 lease subvention cash."
    4) I might buy the car at the end of 24 months (LEASE END PURCHASE OPTION is $16876 plus tax, title and license). If this is a "subvented" residual value which they have artificially inflated to make the lease deal attractive, the car will probably be worth less than this at the end of the lease. Will I be able to negotiate this price at the end of the lease?

Thank you for your help.

I'll see if I can answer your questions:

1) Seems to be - is this for 2WD or 4WD?

2) Everything is negotiable - I'm sure that in the fine print it lists the selling price; that can be negotiated lower. Residual value is generally fixed. Money factor (interest rate) may be marked up and can be negotiated.

3) GST is probably Gulf States Toyota - Toyota has regional distributors around the country. The $2100 is either a rebate or the amount that the selling price is reduced by.

4) In the past, residual values could be negotiated, but that seems less and less likely now. Some manufacturers have insurance policies on used cars so that if the actual value of the vehicle is less than the stated value, they are compensated the difference.

Best of luck, and keep us posted.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cheapjackcheapjack Member Posts: 26

Thanks Michael. FYI, its a 2WD. Toyota is offering 0.0% on finance. Does that mean their money factor for leases is also 0.00000?

@cheapjack said:
    Thanks Michael. FYI, its a 2WD. Toyota is offering 0.0% on finance. Does that mean their money factor for leases is also 0.00000?

Sadly, no. Lease and finance incentives are almost always different, but there have been occasions where manufacturers offer a money factor that is almost 0.

Nothing beats free money, however. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175

I'm seeing money factors of .00030 for the 2013 RAV4 in some regions... so, while not zero, that's pretty low. Equivalent to 0.72% APR

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lilriceleelilricelee Member Posts: 19

unless you go into a 24 month leasing then the money factor is 0.00001, but i feel like the 24 month leases arent cheaper imo