Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Beetle Lease Questions

Comments

• three years ago you helped me get an excellent deal on a vw convertible. i loved it but ready for a larger car. considering the tiquan with some options. can you help me calcuate what the lease payment should be for 36 months with 15,000 miles? (i think they are offering the base model at $279 per month, i'm only adding some options). if i like it i would buy it off the lease. or if they give me a good price i would just buy it in 60 months of payments (i think they have a low finance rate offer right now) dealers are again quoting me $100 more a month on a lease, than i think it should be. i know you figure residual value into a lease but how do you arrive at the number? i think last time i leased they hit me with some extra fee that i could have avoided. here is what i'd like to get.
    Tiquan
    National Base Price
    A note about advertising fees $25,643
    Regional Adjustment
    for Zip Code Change - - $233
    Optional Equipment $3,710
    PVD Navigation System w/Rearview Camera $1,813
    PSR Power Sliding Panoramic Sunroof $1,184
    PJN 18" New York Alloy Wheels $364
    TGM Tiguan Mat Kit $187
    TGG Splash Guards $162
    Color Adjustment - - $0 (white or light silver)
    Not Sure
    Destination Charge$800
    Total with Options $32,320 $29,780 this is what others are paying...$30,386

if you think its worth waiting for the BMW X1 please tell me !!
    thank you in advance for any help.
    best, susi
  • this is the current lease deal, for the base model.

The 2010 Tiguan Lease Special.
    $279.00*/Month. 36-month lease. $2,499.00 due at signing. (Excludes title, tax, options and dealer fees.)
    Lease a 2010 Tiguan S with automatic transmission for $279.00* a month. 36-month lease, $2,499.00 due at signing. (Excludes title, tax, options and dealer fees.). See your local VW dealer for this limited time offer or for one of many other great lease deals available on Tiguan models. More about the Tiguan.

National Offer | Offer ends August 2, 2010

*Based on MSRP of $25,100.00 for a 2010 Tiguan S with automatic transmission, excluding title, tax, options and dealer fees. Monthly payments total $10,044.00. Requires dealer contribution of $800.00, which could affect final negotiated transaction. Purchase option at lease end for $13,402.00. At lease end lessees responsible for $0.25/mile over 36,000 miles and excessive wear and tear. Dealer sets actual prices. Lessee responsible for insurance. Closed-end lease offered on approved credit by Volkswagen Credit through participating dealers. Supplies limited. U.S. cars only. Additional charges may apply at lease end. See your Volkswagen dealer for financing details or for general product information call 1-800-Drive-VW. ©2010 Volkswagen of America, Inc.

http://www.vw.com/tiguan/offers/en/us/

The 2010 Tiguan APR Special.

0% APR* for 36 months. 2010 Tiguan models are available with financing as low as 0% APR for 36 months. So what are you waiting for? See your local VW Dealer for this and other great Tiguan deals. More about the Tiguan.

National Offer | Offer ends August 2, 2010
    *APR offer good on new 2010 Tiguan models. Example: For 0% APR, cost of financing for every $1,000 for 36 months is $27.78. No down payment required with approved credit through Volkswagen Credit. Not all customers will qualify for lowest rate. See dealer for details or call 1-800-DriveVW. Offer valid in US only. ©2010 Volkswagen of America, Inc.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Welcome back cluelessinca.

It sounds like you don't completely understand how to calculate lease payments. You definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Volkswagen's advertised lease on the 2010 Tiguan isn't a bad deal, but like with most manufacturers' official advertised payments I suspect that you should be able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one which was used to arrive at that payment by shopping around.

If I was in the market for a '10 Tiguan right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Car Man,

I was wondering if you had an idea of what the money factor/residual value of the 2012 Beetle is for a 12,000 mile 36 Month lease?
  • Hi xhonestly. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Beetle 2.0T with 12,000 miles per year are .00051 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jcockerjcocker Posts: 13
    Hi Car_man,

Could you post the current money factor/residual values for the 2013 VW Beetle Turbo
    15k miles
    Sunroof/Sound
    Sunroof/Sound/NAV

Thank you very much,
    Jarvis
  • Here's the information that you're looking for Jarvis.

Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Beetle Turbo with 15,000 miles per year are .00077 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jcockerjcocker Posts: 13
    Thank you so much Car_man,

Dealer is letting remaining 2012 models go for $5000 off sticker.

Would like to know the Money Factor and Residual for the:

2012 VW Beetle Turbo
    15k miles
    Sunroof/Sound/NAV

Thank you so much, if they are close to the 2013 rates, think I'm gonna jump on this deal...
    -Jarvis
  • You're welcome Jarvis. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Beetle Turbo with sunroof, sound, nav and 15,000 miles per year are .00020 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. Plus VW is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car for the rest of the month.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

I didn't jump on the deal last month... but deals keep getting better - wondered if you could give me an update of NOV 2012 Money Factor and Residual Value for:

2012 VW Beetle Turbo (SUNROOF/SOUND) only
    15k miles
    36 months

Thanks again for your help,
    Jarvis
  • Hey Jarvis. VW Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Beetle Turbo with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $250 cash incentive on leases of this car. It's waiving the first month's payment as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • i am approved at vw credit (c tier) as i use my credit a lot and have three open autos, make good money 12k per mo, im in the car business as job, own my own used car lot but im a car queer and love new cars so i always have 3-5 personal cars, im trying to lease or purchase new beetle turbo, scary thing about the new beetle js they are everywhere and selling with a few thousand miles for 5-7k less then new, and at auction they are selling same 5-7k less, found one in the color i like msrp is 31,125 inc trans fee, they said they will sell me the car for 28,891 invoice eat the 795 tranort fee, on 42 mo lease pymts are 447.37 before tax 15k at 51% residual, they telling me that rate is 6.4% lease, on buy 72 mos at 8.4% same car 571.66, trying to see if price is good deal and if anyone has cw credits base apr rates on each tier level for lease and buy so i can see id they are picking up points on interest, thank ypu
  • jim099jim099 Posts: 1
    HI - any help you can provide on leasing a 2013 vw beetle convertible -- 36 and 48 mo residual and money factors? Thank you.
  • Hi jim099. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Beetle Convertible 2.5L with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00170 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • saabguy914saabguy914 Posts: 20
    edited January 2013
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please post the current residual and money factor for a 36-month lease on a 2013 Beetle Convertible 2.5L with 10,000 miles per year? (I see the numbers above but am not sure how they relate to a lower mileage lease.)

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi saabguy914. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Beetle Convertible 2.5L with 10,000 miles per year are .00151 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Any chance you've got the residual and money factor for a 36 month/10K lease on a 2013 Beetle coupe? (Considering 2.5L and Turbo)

Much appreciated!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Ha great username, mikeylikesvw. Here you go.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Beetle Coupe 2.5L with 10,000 miles per year are .00002 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Turbo Coupe are very similar, .00004 and 55%.

VW is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of the 2.5L and $750 on leases of the Turbo.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man, can you please provide March's numbers on a 36 month, 10K mile base convertible lease?
  • beetleypbeetleyp Posts: 5
    Hey all,

I'm looking at purchasing/leasing a 2013 Beetle Convertible TDI with tech, sound, and nav this month. Does anyone have info on VW financing offers for the month of April and/or the money factor and residual value for a 36-month and/or 48-month 12,000-miles/year lease. I might be willing to flip from a TDI to a 2.0 turbo if there are better specials on it during the month of April. Thanks in advance.

-BeetleyP
    Former: 1970 VW Beetle Convertible (Red)
    Current: 2005 VW Beetle Convertible (Blue)
    Future: 2013 VW Beetle Convertible (Red)
    Hmmm.... Seeing a pattern develop here... ;)