Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

Comments

• macctmacct Member Posts: 8
    Hello Carman,

I was hoping to get March residual and money factors for the Nav/Sunroof and Autobahn models. I assume the numbers would be different than Base model. The lease would be a 3 year term with $12K miles per year. I was also hoping to find out if and by how much a dealer can mark up the money factor and acquisition fee. Any information would be appreciated.
  • bostonbenbostonben Member Posts: 71
    I would be interested in the same numbers but for 15K miles/year. Is there a standard adjustment from 10K, 12K, 15K for VW leases for residuals?
  • stumpjumper1stumpjumper1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I'm new to this blog. Looks like everyone is writing about residual and money factor but i do not see lot of posts on actual cap cost. I wanted to know how much you guys are paying or will be the cap cost for any GTI's? How low should i expect the sales guy to go on the price from MSRP? I'm looking at 4Dr Autobahn or Nav/Sunroof. Any comments would be appreciated.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go macct. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GTI 4-Door with Navigation and Sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00034 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm not sure exactly how much the dealer can mark up the money factor and acquisition fee, but if I was in the market for a VW right now I personally wouldn't let them mark them up at all.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Yes, bostonben, VW Credit's published residual values are for leases with 15,000 miles per year. Its 12,000 mile per year residuals are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals. Its 10,000 mile per year residuals are 3% higher than its 15k resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • pilotman5pilotman5 Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2012
    Hi,

Can you please post the March money factor and residual for the 2012 VW GTI 4 door with Auto/DSG, Sunroof and NAV for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year?

(Above you posted .00034 and 53% in response to macct's request, and the website Ride With G has these same figures listed for 15,000 miles, but you stated 12,000 miles so I wasn't sure if the 53% residual is for 12,000 or 15,000).

Thank you!
  • pilotman5pilotman5 Member Posts: 27
    ok, I think your numbers are right on, according to the sheet the dealer showed me yesterday (Suburban VW in Farmington Hills, MI)

2012 VW GTI with sunroof and conv, 15,000 miles, 36 months, was .00034 and 51%, so on a 12,000 mile lease the residual would be 2 points higher to 53%?

Can anyone please confirm this, and the acq fee and whether that can be marked up?
  • richard_j_prichard_j_p Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I believe some of this is covered above, but I'm not sure if the some of the specifics not mentioned might effect the rate. Would it be possible to get the current info for:

A) 2012 GTI 4dr, Sun Roof, Nav, DSG, PZEV, 12k, 36month
    B) 2012 GTI 4dr, Autobahn, DSG, PZEV, 12k, 36month

and even though its the wrong thread:

C) 2012 Gulf TDI 4dr, Tech Pack, 12k, 36month

I'm slowly getting up to speed on the leasing options and this thread and the others are great help. Thank you very much.

Richard
    Sure pilotman5. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GTI 4-Door with sunroof, navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00034 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • macctmacct Member Posts: 8
    Just wanted to say thank you.
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2012
    Hi Car_man.
    I would like the April residual and base money factor for a 2012 4 door VW GTI Autobahn, 10,000 miles per year for 3 years.
    Thank you!

hpowders
    Hi Car_man.

If it's not too much trouble could I also have the April residual and base money factor for a 2012, 4 door DSG base GTI, 10,000 miles per year for 3 years?

Thank you!

hpowders
    You're welcome macct.

Car_man
    Host
    HA, you certainly are shopping around hpowders :). VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GTI Autobahn with 10,000 miles per year are .00034 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    The numbers for 36-month, 10k lease of a '12 base GTI are .00034 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for all the help Car_man! I need it!! :)
    You're welcome hpowders. Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you! :)
  • bruin2007bruin2007 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I would really appreciate the May residual and base money factor for a 2012, 2 dr DSG base GTI with 10,000 miles/year for 36 months.

Thank you very much,
    Bruin2007
    Here you go Bruin2007. Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GTI 2dr with 10,000 miles per year are .00015 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • vilatovilato Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Car Man,

Can you tell me, what the June residual and base money factor for a 2012, 4 dr manual base GTI with 12,000 miles/year for 36 months?
    Thanks in advance
    Certainly vilato. VW Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 GTI with 12,000 miles per year are .00015 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ghoti2ghoti2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I am new to this forum and spent some time reading interesting posts. Can you help me with my deal. I am currently in negotiations on a 2012 GTI 4dr Man Convenience and Sunroof for a 36 month lease with 12k miles. The dealer quoted me $2000 down which includes title, fees, taxes and 1st month payment (340). The monthly payment is $340. He quoted a money factor of 0.0025. This seems high and I have good credit. The residual is 54%. Can you give me your thoughts? Is this reasonable. I thought the money factor would be much less considering I have good credit and given current market conditions. Where do you get your money factor rates from.

Thank you.
  • gt97gt97 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I went to a dealer to look at the 2012 GTi last night. He made a decent offer on a 4-Door w/ DSG and no options besides mats. Do you think this is a good deal? It seems like maybe they could do better on price. The residual and MF on the lease look great to me.

MSRP: 26,700
    Sales Price: $25,622
    Taxes: $853
    Doc Fee: $399
    Residual: 55%
    MF: .00015
    Zero down
    First payment of $499
    35 payments of $359
    Hi ghoti2. I think that you may have missed a zero on the money factor. VW Credit's current buy rate for this model is .00025. The dealer couldn't even mark it up to .00250 if they wanted to. Perhaps there was some sort of miscommunication.

The 54% residual that you mentioned is correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gt97. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is right on the money. That is a good thing. Let's take a look at the other important number, the selling price. This model's dealer invoice price is $25,622. That's the exact selling price that you were quoted. That is a pretty good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • bitterbeerfacebitterbeerface Member Posts: 1
    Car man,
    Thanks for the great insight and information you have on this hot hatchback! I was looking at a base GTI 2dr DSG, only option floor mats, $3000 down and $299 a month on a 3 year/10,000 mile lease. With a residual in the 54% range, thinking it would be a equally good deal to finance the vehicle at the promotional 0% APR for 60 months, with the thoughts of selling to a 3rd party or trading up at the dealership after 3 years on a purchase. Quoted $24,000 for the car (plus t/t/l/doc fees) Your thoughts?
  • pkitchingpkitching Member Posts: 1
    I would be very grateful if someone could share the August Lease MF and residuals for:

1. 2012 GTI 4dr, DSG, Convienience and Sunroof, 12,000 miles.
    2. 2013 GTI 4dr, DSG, Convienience and Sunroof, 12,000 miles.

Many thanks.
    Hi pkitching. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GTI with DSG, convenience, sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00011 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00157 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rbfboyrbfboy Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Car_man,

You are the man for helping all of us out with these lease residuals and money factors. I'm curious if:

(1) it's reasonable at all to lease a 4 door golf R (do residu/MF change with/without Nav? i don't need nav) 15,000 miles/year
    (2) GTI lease 4 door manual transmission Sunroof & Nav, 15,000 miles/year

could you please post the residu/MF for these two models?

THANK YOU!
    Thanks rbfboy. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Golf 4 door R (Nav doesn't matter) with 15,000 miles per year are .00157 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 GTI 4 door are .00116 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • airsimonairsimon Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car man i received this offer from the local dealer. what do you think?
    2013 Base 4 door DSG GTI #13-166

MSRP: $26,725
    Sale Price: $25,300
    Residual : $16,318
    Money Factor: .00163
    $0 Cash
    36 X $399.40
    12k mile lease
    Hi airsimon. The margins on the GTI are actually fairly thin. There really is only a spread of around $1,000 or so between this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price and there's no cash incentives on leases of it right now. So the selling price that you were quoted is excellent.

The money factor looks a tad high though. VW Credit's buy rate for a base 2012 GTI is only .00116. Try to get the dealer to use that figure to calculate your payment if you can.

Car_man
    Host
  • rbfboyrbfboy Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Car man,

I'm sorry if this information is in an earlier post, but... what is VW's lease acquisition fee?

October resid/MF buy rate 2012 GTI 4 door manual with navigation? (my local dealer has this one remaining in stock)

Thank you!!!
    Ian
  • KrovopiytzaKrovopiytza Member Posts: 16
    Hi Car_man,

I would really appreciate the October residual and money factor for a 2013, 4 dr base GTI with 10k miles/year for 36 months and 12k for 36 months

Thank you very much,
    EA
    Hi Ian. Volkswagen Credit's base acquisition fee is currently $625.

VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GTI 4-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00064 and 55%., respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Krovopiytza. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GTI Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00064 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease of this car with only 10,000 miles per year would 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • davidp13davidp13 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man, would you happen to know the Nov 2012 lease rates for VW GTI? 2012/2013 models?
  • maltewmaltew Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man i'm looking to lease a 2013 GTI 4dr with the Autobahn Package for 24 month. I got offered the following deal:

MSRP: 32745$
    Sale: 31060$

Monthly payment: 523$

any thoughts?
    Hi davidp13. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GTI base with 15,000 miles per year are .00018 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 2013 model are .00068 and 54%.

There's a $750 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 model, but nothing other than a waiver of the first month's payment on the 2013 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi maltew. The GTI is an amazing car. I actually almost got one myself at one point. The only thing that stopped me is that I think it's somewhat over priced. $500 a month is a lot of money for a GTI. This isn't even a bad deal for a GTI. you're getting good dealer discount. This car is just expensive. If you decide to get one, make sure that the dealer uses VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor of .00068 to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • stumpjumper1stumpjumper1 Member Posts: 5
    Guys,

Tell me if this sounds reasonable, no matter what those dealers say I don't want to pay more than $289/Month, 0 Down for 2013 VW GTI Conv Package (Manual). I know ppl have been throwing residual numbers out there but with my previous experiences with leasing vehicles, for a vehicle that's worth 27K I don't want to pay more than $289/Month.

For instance, a local dealer here in Boston is giving out 2013 VW CC Sport 0 Down for $289/Mon. Window price for that vehicle is 30K. If they can give out that deal for VW CC then why not VW GTI, which is even cheaper than CC. Let me know what you have to say.

http://www.vwgallerynorwood.com/New-Gallery-Specials
  • abd4abd4 Member Posts: 37
    I'm looking at leasing a 2013 GLI Autobahn or 2013 GLI Autobahn w/nav. I have a negotiated price on 25900. I'm trying to find out the current residual, money factor, and any other incentives. I can put up to 2000 down and have excellent credit, thanks.
  • earlbiggsearlbiggs Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Hello Car-Man,

On a previous post you mentioned the VW credit money factor for Nov. was .00068. Is that for the entire GTI line?

Thanks in advance,

Earlbiggs.
  • nycwhatevernycwhatever Member Posts: 1
    stumpjumper1, the link you provided shows a CC with $999 due at signing excluding tax, title and license, as well as a dealer contribution of over $3,000...as well as only 10,000 miles per year for a 42-month lease...read the fine print.
  • diggitydoggdiggitydogg Member Posts: 2
    So I have been going around and around with this deal. I have pretty much ended up at $365 a month with all fees and everything built into the lease.

2013 GTI
    Base
    Manual
    4 Door
    24,700 for the car
    225 reg
    10 tire/batt/
    100 electronic filing whatever crap
    600 dealer fee

27k for the final lease number calc

What residual and money factor should I be using?

I have been using .00068 as the money factor. I don't have a residual to enter in here though. Does all this seem proper? Does the sign and drive event change any of this? What areas can I negotiate on when it comes to this deal?

This is my first time leasing so I am trying to understand as much as possible about the whole thing.

Thanks!
  • diggitydoggdiggitydogg Member Posts: 2
    Boom! $299 a month I paid the inception fees of about $900 at the dealer. Got the car down to 24k even for a base 4dr manual. That last dealer it seems was in the market of fleecing people. Do your research!

I'm pretty sure residuals are for a 42 mo

15k 51%
    12k 54%
    10k 56%

And the money factor was .00068
  • earlbiggsearlbiggs Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    2013 GTI 4dr Man Sun/Nav MSRP $29,575

36 mos
    0 down
    10k p year
    $399 w tax
    + $500 check to me to make final payment on my current lease.

Thanks,
    Biggs
  • mwlim12mwlim12 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I'm looking to lease a 2013 VW GTI. Can you tell me what the residual value is on the 42 month lease is?

The dealer is telling me that the 4-Door Automatic (no sun-roof, no NAV) with 15,000 miles is going to be $367/month.....just trying to check his math.

Thanks for your help!
  • cal2000cal2000 Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2012
    Dear Carman,

Can you please be able to provide me with MF and Residual for the 42 month / 12k miles per year lease of a 2013 GTI 4DR Autobahn w/ DSG transmission?

Thanks,
    Lance
This discussion has been closed.