Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome, hpoohh. If your friend leases a 2006 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00103 and 51%, respectively. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. If your friend leases a 2006 Rabbit 4-Door model through VW Credit for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00319 and 54%. Again, the 12k residual is 2% higher. VW Credit;s lease acquisition fee is currently $575.

I know that VW Credit provides a money factor reduction for consumers who pay for their entire leases in advance, but I am not sure if it has a multiple security deposit program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey jperedo. You definitely need to have decent credit to lease through Volkswagen Credit, but if I am not mistaken it uses the pass/fail system of approving consumers for leases like BMW Financial Services does rather than the tiered money factor approach that Honda Finance uses.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi storrnyc. At lease signing, VW Credit consumers are required to pay their vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit that is equivalent to their payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, a $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. Consumers can also pay a capitalized cost reduction, aka down payment, at lease signing, but I always advise against doing so. The reason why I discourage making down payments on leases is if one's leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, their down payment essentially disappears.

Different states use different methods for calculating sales tax on leased vehicles. I am not personally familiar with how sales tax is calculated on leased vehicles in New York, but you may be able to find out how it is done by visiting one of the following sites: New York State Department of Motor Vehicles Internet Office or New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.

Let's take a look at these cars' current lease programs. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T through VW Credit right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00103 and 62%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00103 and 54%. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 4-Door through VW Credit right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00319 and 64%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00319 and 57%. Lastly, the 24 and 36 month, 10k numbers for the '06 Jetta GLI should be .00086 / 64% and .00143 / 54%.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • storrnycstorrnyc Member Posts: 28
    Hi Car-man

thanks for all your help on the taxes and upfront costs.

apologies for a further request but i think i may be in need of 12K per year.

Could you tell me the money and residual for the follwing:
    GTI 2.0L 10K/12K 24/36
    rabbit 12K 24/36
    GLI 12K 24/36.

Many many thanks you are a star.
  • techchotechcho Member Posts: 1
    Sir, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking to buy a newly released '07 model VW GTI.
    In Scottsdale, Arizona they have recieved a couple in their dealerships, and I got dealer offer for a '07 that is
    expected with their next shipment. (within a week.)
    exactly the specs I want. This is the first offer
    he gave me and said he couldn't go lower.
    Should I still try and go lower.. if so how much do you think.

2007 Volkswagen GTI, Auto(DSG), United Grey, no packages, 18" wheel upgrade.
    The offer from the dealer was that I can put a deposit on
    the car so that no dealer add-ons happen once the car arrives.
    He offered me $800 above invoice, which sounds like a good deal for a newly released '07, but the out-the-door price seems high.

Invoice price: $22,707
    MSRP: $24,555
    -----------------------
    Invoice price: $22,707
    Mark-up: $800
    Phoenix dealer advertising fees: $200
    interest reserve???: $142
    port prep: $25
    ----------
    total before tax(8.0%?): $23,874

+ tax + plates + doc fee $26,600 OTD.

I am new to Arizona and don't know what the
    plates cost as well as the doc fee.
    I already have a AZ plate I can transfer from my
    old car. Does that mean I don't have to pay the plate fees??

I read in many places that buyers of the GTI in
    arizona paid less than this for their '06's
    Is this a decent deal considering the car is just
    arriving, or should it not matter since it is not
    a redesign year for the GTI??

Thanks for your time!
    DC from Arizona.
  • chris62chris62 Member Posts: 1
    Having trouble figuring the MF on VW's current Rabbit lease promotion. I'm trying to negotiate a similar lease on a Rabbit with the addition of a sunroof and 15k instead of 12k. The MF quoted by the dealer is .00375 which seems high. I'm prepared to go down to 12k to return to a more similar lease to the promotion, but I need to know exactly to what I'm returning.

What is the MF of the current VW Rabbit promotion (MSRP 15620, 36 mo., $1250 down, $226/mo.)?
    With the Rabbit's invoice price within $720 of the MRSP, is much negotiation down reasonable?

Much thanks,
    Chris
  • cliffcortescliffcortes Member Posts: 1
    Just got back from Corona VW in CA.
    I was offered $3,000 down and $311 monthly (tax included) for a base model 2006 GTI.
    Well, it actually does have the 18" wheels.
    Was this a good deal?
    No problem, storrnyc. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 GTI 2.0L with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00180 and 55%. VW Credit's 24 month / 12k money factor and residual for the 2006 Rabbit 4-Door are .00319 and 63%. Its 36 month / 12k numbers are .00319 and 56%. Lastly, VW Credit's 24 month / 12k numbers for the '06 Jetta GLI are .00086 / 63%. Its 36 month / 12k numbers are .00143 / 53%. If you were to lease any of the aforementioned vehicles with only 10,000 miles per year their residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi DC. Volkswagen is not currently providing any lease support on the 2006 GTI. If I was in the market for one I personally would either lease a 2006 model or wait until Volkswagen inevitably introduces lease support on the 2007 model. Having said this, $800 over dealer invoice is a reasonable price for this car. This doesn't look like a true $800 over dealer invoice though because the dealer is trying to pass on a couple of fees to you. It's more like $1,142 over invoice which is only so-so.

I am not familiar with Arizona's laws on the transfer of license plates, but you may be able to find out more information on this subject by visiting the following site: Arizona Motor Vehicle Division.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings Chris. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Rabbit 4-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00319 and 54%, respectively. Since Volkswagen is really not providing much in the way of lease support on this car, its money factor is still high. It's just not quite as high as the one that you were quoted. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Volkswagen Rabbit: Prices Paid and Buying Experiences".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cliffcortes. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • poopspoops Member Posts: 222
    Car_man, thanks for all the help you provide on this forum.

Here is my situation - I'm looking to lease a 2007 GTI 2.0T, w/Package 0 - no options. I don't drive much, so I'm only looking at a 24 month, 10K a year lease. MSRP on the vehicle is $22,730. I'm sure I can get them down to $21K or better. What is the money factor and residual for this vehicle?

If leasing a 2007 GTI isn't favorable for me, I'm also looking at leasing an '06 GTI 2.0 that the MSRP is $26,530. It comes with 18" wheels and Package 2. I can probably get this down to $23,500 or better. With VW's lease support for the '06 models, what would the money factor and residual be for a 24 months, 10K miles lease?

Thanis in advance.
    Hello Car_man

(i will soon make that gti jump....honest)
    Here is what i was offered by the VW dealership in Wappingers Falls, NY 12590.

This was for a 2007 GTI Auto 2Dr United Grey with Package 2.
    We didnt discuss MSRP but was told invoice price including destination was $25236(which she didnt agree to sell to but felt that i would be able to). Edmunds says MSRP on this is 26965 and Invoice is 24931(incl destination).

On a 36 month/12K lease, I was told the residual was 59% and the money factor 0.00319.

Her Monthly Base payment she calculated to $429(before tax).

My Initial costs she said would be $2818.43.
    This Broke down as:
    Acquisition fee $575
    Security Deposit $450(should be zero based on it being our 4th vw lease with no security)
    Tires Inspection Fee $12.50(5*$2.50 per tire)
    Documentation Fee $45
    Inspection fee $10
    Upfront Taxes $ 1296.06 (My tax rate being 8.375%)
    & First Month payment of $429.

Does this sound right? She is adamant the 24K invoice price that edmunds states is incorrect. I was hoping to have payments around $350. Would that mean going for a 2006? What do you feel would be the positives/negatives on going 07 Vs 06. I admit i need to read up on the slight changes between the years.

Thanks for any help from yourself or anyone on this.
    You're very welcome. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 GTI 2.0T 4-Door with 10,000 miles per year are .00312 and 68%, respectively. The money factor for the 2006 GTI 2.0T is much better, but its residual value is not as high. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of one are currently .00180 and 63%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey storrnyc. The lease program that you were quoted for this car is right on the money, though its new September money factor is slightly lower at .00312 now. I would be happy to use the new September lease program to estimate this car's monthly payment for you if you provide me with the full MSRP and selling price that the dealer you are working with is using. The 2006 model's money factor is much lower than the 2007 model's right now, but its residuals are lower as well. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 GTI 2.0T with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello car_Man

yes it would be great if you could provide me with that info and on a couple of others to compare. All at 36 months and 12K mileage.

The full MSRP on a 2007 2.0L GTI AUTO pk2 would be 26965. The price im at to purchase is 26300(both include dest. Fee). The residual is 59% and MF 0.00312? How much would you say the lease was?

The full MSRP on a 2007 2.0L GTI AUTO pk1 would be 25175. The price im at to purchase is 24500(both include dest. Fee). The residual is 59% and MF 0.00312? How much would you say the lease was?

The full MSRP on a 2006 2.0L GTI AUTO pk2 would be 26855. The price im at to purchase is 25800(both include dest. Fee). The residual is 55% and MF 0.0018? How much would you say the lease was?

The full MSRP on a 2007 Rabbit AUTO and sunroof would be 19695. The price im at to purchase is 19500(both include dest. Fee). The residual is ?% and MF ? How much would you say the lease was?
    (Is there any difference between 2006 and 2007 Rabbits?)

Thanks
  • leeshuckleeshuck Member Posts: 73
    Hi Car_Man,

Would you provide lease info on the current GTI program for:

2006 GTI 2.0L w/ auto/DSG transmission
    36 mo/15K miles year

Do the program offerings vary with any options such as DSG transmission?

Thanks,

Lee
  • thenk83thenk83 Member Posts: 1
    I want to buy out on my lease. My lease was for 48,000 miles. My term was for 4 years. Right now its 2 years and I'm at 44,000 miles. Will I get charged mileage overages for the annual basis? Or is it that since I'm not over 48,000 miles I won't owe.
    Hi storrnyc. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations if you were to lease a 2007 2.0L GTI with an MSRP of $26,965 and a selling price of $26,300 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $421.

According to my calculations if you were to lease a 2007 2.0L GTI with an MSRP of $25,175 and a selling price of $24,500 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $391.

According to my calculations if you were to lease a 2006 2.0L GTI with an MSRP of $26,855 and a selling price of $25,800 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $380.

Last but not least, according to my calculations if you were to lease a 2007 Rabbit 4-Door with an MSRP of $19,695 and a selling price of $19,500 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $312. Give the lack of lease support on the Rabbit right now, the 2007 model's lease program is actually more attractive than the 2006 model's because its residual values are higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Lee. What options the GTI that you want has has no impact upon its lease program, other than what engine you choose of course. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 GTI 2.0L with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi thenk83. One of the good things about buying leased vehicles is that by doing so you avoid being charged any excess mileage or excess wear and tear penalty. If I was in your situation, I would wait until the scheduled end of my lease and then place a call to the bank that I was leasing through to see how much it would cost to purchase my leased vehicle. When I called I would see if they were willing to lower my vehicle's selling price. They may not be willing to negotiate, but sometimes banks are so it is worth a shot. Whatever you do, don't tell them that you are way over your vehicle's mileage allowance. It doesn's strengthen your bargaining position any.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • baddogzbaddogz Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,
    I've started negotiating a lease with a central NY dealer on an '07 4-door GTI with DSG, pkg 1 and rear side airbags using the 36mo/15k a year rates, but adding 5K miles extra at .08/mile. Residual is supposedly 57% and themoney factor is .00326.
    I'm 1000 to 1500 upside-down on my trade, but I figure that's not too bad because of savings on sales tax in NY (.08 * 16K or 16.5K = tax savings). I know that complicates things, but it sounds like they're adding some "fees" in somewhere.
    Edmunds says the sticker should be 26,025, invoice 24061. Dealer says invoice is 24207 and are selling for $300 over (24507). ~600 down covers 1st payment and DMV title & reg.
    They're saying the capital cost is 28329 which makes no sense to me, its like they're calculating sales tax based on the MSRP plus 1500 for my trade's negative equity, which isn't how the sales tax should be calculated when a trade is involved. They claim to have waived the security deposit.
    Other numbers sound funny too: They say depreciation is 57% and = 13,739.70 which is more like 53%. My calculator says MSRP of 26025 * .57 = 14,834.25.
    I'm going to get a printout from them ASAP but these numbers don't sound right to me. What do you think? And are there fee names I should look out for that are not mandatory?
  • delfo399delfo399 Member Posts: 4
    Dear Car_man,

I would like to know where do you get the money factor and residual value information? If you cannot tell me then please find for me the MF and residual value for:

1) 2007 2.0L 4-door GTI (with Package#2 if that matters), MSRP $26,045, 36 month lease.

2) 2007 2.0L 2-door GTI (with Package#2 if that matters), MSRP $25,619, 36 month lease.

All of the above is assuming 12,000 per year.

Thanks a lot
    Hi baddogz. Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GTI 4-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00306 and 57%, respectively. VW Credit will waive its security deposit requirement for this car in exchange for an increase of .00015 in the money factor that is used to calculate its lease payment. As far as what fees you should pay go, at lease signing you will have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit that is equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, unless you decide to have it waived, VW Credit's $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. Look out for doc fees, there are really nothing more than a way for dealers to add additional profit to deals. If you are really able to get this car for $24,507, you are getting a good deal on it. Just make sure that this is the price that is used to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi delfo399. I am not aware of a source that provides information on manufacturers' current lease programs to the general public. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GTI 2-Door or 4-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00306 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • baddogzbaddogz Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_Man! I figured out the tax issues etc. on my own. In NY state, I won't see any savings on sales tax for my trade when doing a lease. A Driver's Option (balloon loan) deal will get me those tax savings though. The problem is that the interest rate for D.O. is 9.09% even with my A+ credit score :( FYI they weren't including any B.S. fees, I just forgot about the extra mileage getting rolled into the lease. I agree it looks like a good deal on the car, I'm just not thrilled with the interest rate :-\
    You're welcome, baddogz. Thanks for the info. The 2007 VW GTI is a nice car that just doesn't have a very attractive lease program available on it right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rslifka007rslifka007 Member Posts: 6
    Dear Car Man, Please tell me what is the residual value (in %) for the above car when leased for 36 months using 10K Miles per year? Is VW Credit's buy rate 0.00306? Without the security deposit, may I just add 0.00015 to the above buy rate? I'm in Southern California. Many Thanks for your assistance. ringleader...
  • turbotorqueturbotorque Member Posts: 45
    CarMan -

From reviewing the posts here, it does not appear that VW is offering any kind of support for the 2007 GTI. Do you have any inkling of when they might introduce some support?

I am currently in a 2004 Passat (that you helped put me in with your timely info) that was barely over invoice and a lease money factor of essentially 0%. Obviously, I'd like to get my hands on another sweet deal like that. My lease doesn't end until November 07, so I can wait for the right time.

... but I will say, this 4 Door GTI sure looks tempting! Gotta control myself and wait for the right time/deal!
    Here's the info that you're looking for, rslifka007. I believe that Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 VW GTI 2-Door with 10,000 miles per year are .00299 and 60%, respectively. Yes, if you opt to have your car's security deposit waived, its money factor will be .00015 higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You are correct, turbotorque. Volkswagen is not currently providing lease support on the 2007 GTI. It is difficult to say when Volkswagen will introduce lease support on this model, or if they will at all. You will be better off waiting until the scheduled end of your current lease to get a new Volkswagen. There's no guarantee that Volkswagen will have lease support on the GTI then, but at least you won't have to pay a penalty to get out of your deal then like you would now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • kmurkmur Member Posts: 36
    CarMan -

VW is advertising a 39 month lease for the GTI - $299 per month + tax + $2424 driveoff. What are the money factor/residual numbers for this deal?

It seems like VW is offering a much better lease deal for the Passat.
    Hi kmur. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 GTI with 12,000 miles per year are .00259 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • maverick8maverick8 Member Posts: 25
    Can you tell me the best money factor and residual I am likely to get in the Bay Area (CA) in the next few days on the following?:
    VW GTi 2 Paddle Shift, United Grey, 18 inch wheels
    36 mth lease - no down payment - 10k miles PA

Thanks,

Mav
  • kameronkameron Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_man,

Can you tell me the cost factor and residual I am likely to get in the Seattle, WA area at this time for the following:VW GTI 4 door with auto, navigation, leather. I am interested in a 36 month lease with no down and 15,000 miles per year. Additionally, since this is my first foray into leasing would you explain how the payment is calculated in relationship to the cost factor. Finally, and I am not quite sure I've worded this correctly, are there any special lease cash incentives being offered by VW at this time.

Thanks,
    Kam
  • tonesterttonestert Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,
    Would these same rates apply to a 48 month lease for a 2007 GTI 4 door pack # 2?

I got a quote of .00279 and 51% for a 48 month quote.

Are both of these figures negotiable or are they set by VW ?

Also, do you know anything about Driver's Option financing that is available from VW. Would that be a better option than leasing and are the rates the same ?

Thanks !
  • h2o_goalieh2o_goalie Member Posts: 2
    I apologize for jumping right in with questions, but I'll be happy to share my experience once I've completed it. At this point, here are my questions:

1. Is there any way to find out when a dealer took delivery of a car...which would indicate how long it's been sitting on their lot? I have a copy of the vehicle invoice from the dealer I'm working with...it doesn't show any invoice prices (only MSRP), but it does show a production date of July '06 for the car and an invoice date of 8/23/06. Does that mean it's been in their posession since the end of August (i.e. sitting on the lot for almost 7 months)?

2. How hot a seller is the GTI right now? I'm looking at a gray/anthracite w/package 2, the 18" wheels and some other goodies. MSRP is $31,165. They made first offer at $30,287...I'm looking to get it down to about $29,250. When I countered with that number the sales guy went into the "these cars are unique and hot, I'm selling them for $2,000 over MSRP with no problem" dance. I actually laughed his MSRP+$2000 figure.

I love the GTI, this is the car I really want. But I don't want to get taken; the tC and Civic Si are close contenders (IMO) and each are considerably less expensive. If the GTI is 100%, the tC and Si are 95% IMO.

Any thoughts/opinions on the numbers these guys are throwing around? If they're legit (based on what I've read they don't seem to be...) I'll play ball, but if they're just jerking me around I'll walk and go elsewhere.

BTW...this is in St. Louis MO. Thanks in advance for any help y'all can give.
    Hi Mav. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GTI 2-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Kam. I see that you're interested in the new GTI 4-Door. I really like it. I wouldn't mind driving one myself. Unfortunately, its lease program isn't that great and there is no lease cash available on it at this time, so leasing one isn't going to be cheap. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 VW GTI 4-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 54%, respectively. You can use this info and the formula that is outlined in the following article to calculate your vehicle's lease payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tonestert. VW Credit's 48 month lease program is different than its 36 month program. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2007 GTI 4-Door (sweet car by the way) with 15,000 miles per year are .00216 and 46%, respectively. These figures are set by VW Credit. Individual dealers do not have the authority vehicles' residual values. They are often allowed to mark-up vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden profit to deals, but they cannot lower banks' published factors.

VW Credit's Driver's Option program is what is known in the industry as a balloon note program. Balloon notes are much less popular than leases. They are usually only used over leases in states that have tax laws that make balloon notes less expensive than leases. I don't think that this car's monthly payment will be any cheaper through the Driver's Option program than it will be through the lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi h2o_goalie. The GTI is selling reasonably well, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition you probably will be able to get one for a couple hundred dollars over invoice without too much difficulty. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for this car lately: "Volkswagen GTI: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Dealers definitely are not getting $2,000 over MSRP for the GTI right now, unless they have come across a very terrible shopper. The Scion tC and Civic Si are nice cars, but I personally like the GTI much better than them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    Howdy Car_Man,

What are the MF and Residuals on a 4-door GTI with a 24-month or 36-month lease with 15K miles per year?

Thanks!
    Any MF / residual number changes for May? I'm trying to calculate a lease on a 4-door GTI using a 2-year or 3-year term with 15K miles per year.

Looks like their finance and lease specials of April have carried over into May.

Thanks!
    You're in luck that you didn't lease this car in April, timmboj, because its May lease program is much more attractive. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 VW GTI 4-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00175 and 55%. If you are in the Central or Eastern part of the U.S., VW has a special enhanced money factor of .00117 in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • poopspoops Member Posts: 222
    Is the special enhanced money factor good for a 36 month term as well?
    Great news Car-Man! Thanks. Tennessee probably doesn't count as central or eastern US, does it?
  • rz06rz06 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man: I'm in Northern VA, and looking for a 24/36 15k lease on a 2-door GTI. Do you know if these rates (the .00117 or the .00175) apply to 2-door GTIs where I'm at? Also, does VW vary their rates based on option packages and/or tranny configuration?
    Thanks!
    Do you happen to know the Acquisition Fee and Security Deposit?
  • skier07skier07 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

I just got back from the dealer, and here is what I worked out on a lease for a 2007 GTI w/DSG (no package 1 or 2).

MSRP: $24,635
    Sale Price: $23,111
    Residual: 57%
    Acq Fee: $575
    Lease Rate: 0.00132
    Term: 36 months
    Mi/yr: 12,000
    Tax Rate: 6.00%
    Initial Payment (money down?): $663.60
    Monthly Payment: $338.10

Black Magic, 17" Alloy Wheels, DSG, Cloth Interior.
    I have a trade in as well, and will probably put some of that money towards a down payment. How does this lease look?
    Yes, but the residual values for 36 months are different.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.