Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Yerkes. The lease program for the 2012 Jetta actually looks a little more attractive than the program for the 2011 model right now. I'd probably go with a '12 if I was in the market for this car.

The money factor for a '12 Jetta Sedan SE with Sunroof and Convenience is indeed lower than it is for the base model, .00030 versus .00074.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here you go john420. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00047 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • hi caman! i would be grateful if you would be kind enough to post MF and residual value for 2012 jetta SEL automatic 36mo 10kmi yr? if youre feeling extra kind, maybe you can help me crank out some numbers on a lease price? assume 8.626% tax, a msrp of $25065, and a selling price of say 500 over invoice which would be 24093 (invoice) +500=24593? lease would be zero down except for tags and DMV.

are there any incentives on such a lease, and if so, how should i use the incentive in the calculations?

thank you so much.
  • epl1epl1 Posts: 4
    Hi Carman,

I'm curious about MF and residual on a Manual S Sportwagen with 15K miles; 36 Months. Also Manual TDI Sportwagen would be interesting, but I understand leasing a diesel tends to be less valuable.

Thanks!
  • Just out of curiosity since I will be looking to lease an SE in May/June for my wife. To not get rather overly complicated, just looking to see what kind of monthly cost I'll be looking at for budgeting concerns (aware that a lot will change between now and then).

I'll be moving to MD from NYC, looked at leasing the vehicle from fitzmall. They offer an SE with conv for 20,024. Which seems like a decent deal.

From what I've read, maryland charges you the full amount of the sales tax on the sales price of the car of 6%?

Assuming a MF of 0.00048 and Residual of 0.53% (taken from earlier in this thread on a 36mo/12000 lease). The pre-tax monthly should be $252? with no money down. I'm a little lost on how I would calculate the tax into the equation. Would I take the tax and divide it by 36 months?

Thanks. Hope I'm wasn't too confusing.

As a side note, would I be better off purchasing the car in NY and then changing the plates later on to MD plates? This will be my first purchase/lease.
  • Whats the Money Factor and residual for a Base Model Jetta S with Auto.

36 mo 10 & 12K no taxes everything else in.
  • wirywiry Posts: 1
    Anyone want to talk me out of this lease before I do it? 2012 Jetta se with convenience plus sunroof. 12k miles for 36 months got them down to $265 out the door after ttl and made them add a rear spoiler and tinted windows all the way around. I don't have numbers in front of me but I think msrp was $22,900.
  • just leased jetta sel in NY (nassau county) for ZERO down, 325/month, eveverything included in payment which is tax of 8.625% plus whatever fees they wanted (i dont think they even charged me any). dealer told me this is the best price he has ever seen, and that it goes a couple hundred dollars into his dealer holdback.

thanks to all who helped me on this forum especially carman. hope this post helps someone out there in return.

so far car runs great. great handling, great electronics inside. a couple things missing.... no temperature gauge (in the winter i like to turn the heat on only after the engine heats up), no auto headlight shutoff, and no auto front windshield defogger (you have to do the vents manually). interesting too is the fact that there is no 'magazine pocket' behind driver seat, only passenger seat. nonetheless, excellent handling, very quiet inside and seat is very comfortable. worth the money so far.
  • I see that you posted the numbers for a GLI, is there a differance for a GLI Autobahn on a 36 month 12k lease?
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    I have a temperature gauge on mine, you'll have to adjust your screen menu in your speedometer. and keep it at the temperature display. There should be buttons on the left side of the dash and wheel.

Yes, there is no auto headlight and really this should be standard. My previous G6 had it. I loved it! Not a huge deal though. Even base corrollas have it. I also have noticed no magazine holders behind the driver. I really did the car no justice in price reduction. Most are getting SE and SEL's any way.
  • Here you go, jaffman. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SEL with 10,000 miles per year are .00054 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $25,065, and a selling price of $24,593, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $308.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car. If you subtract that from the cap cost that you mentioned, the payment would drop to around $294.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the info that you're looking for, epl1. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen S with 15,000 miles per year are .00085 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Jetta Sportwagen TDI are .00162 and 57%.

As you suspected, there isn't any lease support on the TDI model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi-
    Hoping I'm making right decision with lease on 2012 Jetta SE with Convienence, Sunroof and Protection...msrp 23,485, lease for 22,555, 36 month, 10k miles per year, 58% residual, .0003 money factor, net cap cost 22,633 including acquisition fee, doc fee, registration. 261.21 per month before tax of 6.25%. This is with no money down, though negotiating trade in...

What do you think? Another dealer was close to this, saying the above was before destination fee so would be more. This second dealer offered 275 per month including tax, with first month of 275 down on same exact car. Also before trade in but seems I'm barely covering my loan so may be a wash or only net 500...

Appreciate very much your thoughts.
  • Carman....can you please post the current buy rate lease numbers for a 2011 and 2012 Jetta SE Automatic with Convenience? Mainly concerned with 12k miles per year, but would also like to know how the residual is affected for 10k and 15k miles. Also, are there any current cash rebates for either of those vehicles? Thanks!
  • nom605nom605 Posts: 1
    hello Car Man,

Can you please help me identify the MF, Residual ( 12k per year) and lease incentive for:

2012 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen DSG Sunroof

and

2012 VW Passat TDI SE DSG sunroof

I have hard time choosing my next car between these two. I like both and may be there lease term will make me choose the one of the other little easier. Thank you again!!
  • I certainly can sprinkler13. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with Convenience and 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00053 and 52%.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher. The residual for a lease with 15,000 miles per year is 2% lower.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 model and $500 on the 2012 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello nom605. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Wagon TDI with sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Passat Sedan TDI are .00160 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
  • timj757timj757 Virginia BeachPosts: 13
    How does lease money work, is it used to reduce cap cost? Is it used to reduce down payment? How does it work exactly?
  • sc516sc516 Posts: 1
    hi were did you lease your jetta from ? would love to get the same deal , do you have your detailed breakdown info avail ?
  • zeerazeera Posts: 18
    Hi everyone,
    I was quoted 222 (incl taxes) per month + 1700 (total out of pocket) for 36 months with 12K
    does anyone think this is a good deal?

Please advise.
  • Hi timj757. Lease cash is given to dealers on vehicles that are leased through VW Credit. Consumers need to make sure that they are taking any available cash incentives into account when negotiating the selling prices of the vehicle that they want to lease. Don't just assume that the dealer will give you the cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • gatorhandsgatorhands Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I am interested in leasing a Jetta TDI Premium but noted that the lease specials exclude TDI models. I was told that the jetta 2012 SE manual with Convenience and Sunroof would be in the 200's but not sure what end of the 200's :) and that car's MSRP is $21,955
    Is there a way to fiugre out what lease payments for the manual SE with conv/SR and manual TDI premium (MSRP 23,965) would be?
    I would be comfortable putting down 2,000 and doing 36mths
    Thanks in advance, I want to make sure that I'm not getting ripped off!
  • I don't know where all these amazing leases are coming from. The best price I could get here in Oregon was 21,106 on a basic S with floor mats. That seemed to be OK but the $305 - $310 per month lease sounded high. I got the residual ( 11,934) from two dealers and a money factor of .00068. For a 36 month 10K lease I got $277 from several calculators on line. I could get no sense out of one dealer but the second found an acquisition fee of $650 lurking in his calculations. So I said - "did you mean disposition?" and he said - "no that's another $350 - but you don't have to pay that if you trade it in at the end on the lease" ( ie - buy another from him). Does this sound normal?. I was hoping to lease for the mid 200's but now I'm stuck.
  • tfbotfbo Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2012 Jetta SEL and trying to figure out if the lease price dealer quoted is fair. It will be a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles/yr. Can you provide me with the current money factor and residual value? Thank you.
  • tradersrewardtradersreward Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Car Man,

Please post November lease money factor and residual numbers for 2012 Jetta Sedan TDI auto
    with premium. 12,000 and 15,000 mi. 36 month

Thanks,

tradersreward
  • pcantorepcantore South FloridaPosts: 55
    Hi CarMan,

Can you please post the current residual and money factor for the lease of a 2012 Jetta GLi and Jetta SEL with 10,000 miles per year and 36 months? I am in Florida. Thanks!
  • Hello I am new here.
    I recently leased a 2011 Jetta, manual, in June. the car has 4300 miles. I had to bring it into the shop because I lost power steering etc. I was then told that I need a NEW TRANSMISSION!!
    Currently there are no transmissions in the country so I am driving a Chrysler 300 rental around.
    I have been assigned a case manager and she is keeping me updated. I told her I am seeking compensation for this disaster. What compensation can I seek?
    Has this ever happened to anyone recently?
    Please help.
    :sick:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,120
    Other than providing you a loaner/rental vehicle, you'd have to show some sort of loss to be compensated..

What loss have you experienced?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi tfbo. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SEL with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi tradersreward. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00172 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.