Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• royavellroyavell Member Posts: 4
    I am being offered a 2012 Jetta Se with convenience pkg/ sunroof with a cap of 21559.72, residual of 12806.10. My payments will be 245.57 plus tax. My down payment is $1388.92 (Acq 625, title, reg and inspection is $154, first pmt $260.92, doc fee $350). I have been battling a few different dealerships including one who tried to use my upfront payment of $625 to go against cap cost and stick the Acq fee into the lease and had me paying base $2429 a month. I am leary of anything they throw at me now. It looks like the res factor is at .58 if I am correct. Oh, my lease is 3yr/12K m.
  • pknopppknopp Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2012
    I turned in a Mazda MPV once on a 36 month lease. It had like 22,000 miles on it. Way under the allowed miles. The tires would have still passed inspection but they said they had to be replaced.

I found some super ugly all season white letter tires and put on it. They were super ugly and most likely caused the car to bring less money in the auction line than the factory tires would have.

On top of that they said that I had to provide an invoice in the vehicle. I did but they claimed it wasn't there. I told them then they must have lost it. They said that they didn't care that I had to provide it. I had to go back and get a copy. While I like Mazda's I've never bought another.
  • texraidertexraider Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,

Can you please provide April Lease figures (Residual and Money Factor) for a '12 Jetta GLI and GLI Autobahn (w/o Nav)? Looking at 36 Month and 15K per year.

Can you please also advise what a good / realistic negotiated price would be to shoot for (I.E. Invoice +$500, Invoice, Invoice - $500, Etc.)?

Are there any lease incentives this month on Jettas?

Thanks for your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello bggriffi. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan TDI Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00164 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing lease cash on some 2012 Jetta models, alas the TDI variant is not one of them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Greetings texraider. VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00048 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Jetta GLI Autobahn would be .00048 and 54%.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of these cars.

If I was in the market for a Jetta right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • davivi23davivi23 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man

Can you please provide the MF and Residual on a 2012 SportWagen SE w/ Sunroof for 36 months and 12k miles/15k miles?

Thank you very much for your help!
    I'd be happy to help you out davivi23. Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta SportWagen SE w/sunroof and 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man

Can you please provide May Lease figures (Residual and Money Factor) for a '12 Jetta GLI Autobahn w/o Nav (Automatic)? Looking at 36 Month and 15K per year.

Thanks
    Car_Man,

Possibly doing a deal on tomorrow (5/17) so any immediate assistance you can provide on the above reqeust would be very much apprecaited. Thank You!
    Hello texraider. Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan GLI Authbahn Auto with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

VW is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    Hi Car_man,

Can you provide lease terms for 2012 Jetta SE w/ Conv pkg. 12,000 miles a year at 36 months? Thank you.
  • ferd1ferd1 Member Posts: 6
    Hello Car_man,

I don’t know anything about leasing a car and I can’t afford to straight finance.
    I’m thinking about doing a deal this weekend on a 2012 GLI Autobahn manual w/out Nav, which puts my payments at $220 a month with lots of cash down. I want to lease this vehicle with the intention of purchasing it at the end of the lease and I want to make sure I’m getting a decent deal. Can you help please?
    Here are the terms:

MSRP $27,120
    After VW Discount
    $1250
    After Another VW Discount
    $500

Capitalized Cost
    $15,370

Capitalized Cost Reduction $4500 Cash
    $1500 Trade = $6000.00

Acquisition Fee
    $625

Residual Value
    44% at $11,932.80

Term Depreciation
    $7,437.20

Interest Rate 2.42%

Money Factor .00101

Lease Term in Months 48

Hope you can help me please – Thank you, Ferd.
  • bbsqueenbbsqueen Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2012
    Hi Car_man,

Can I get money factor and residual value of 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with Convenience and Sunroof?

Both 12K and 15K, 36 months please.

Also is there any cash incentive for this model?

Do you think this memorial day weekend is a good time to hunt for some good deals?

Thanks.
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Ferd -

DO NOT put that much down as a cap cost reduction on a lease. It may seem tempting because it makes your monthly payment so low, but you never want to put any cash towards a cap cost reduction on a lease (unless it is dealer cash or incentives)...it is not the same as purchasing a car. For example, if you were to do that and you get into a car accident and total the car, your insurance will pay the dealer the cost of replacing the car, but you would now have no car because the lease is terminated and you would be out all of that money. You are better off keeping the money in your pocket and paying the higher monthly price. It might be possible to provide extra security deposits that will help to lower the money factor and thus lower your monthly payment...but I wouldn't expect it to lower too much. The difference there is that if you provide extra security deposits, they are refundable at the end of the lease.
  • saahil_sinsaahil_sin Member Posts: 3
    what is the tax benefit on lease payments in US
  • superkathysuperkathy Member Posts: 3
    Hi car_man,

I just got a lease car today but am not sure if the deal was ok. There're only 2 VW dealerships near my town in NC and they both quoated me the same price. The deal I worked out with them was a 2012 Jetta SE with convenience but no sunroof, 10k miles per year. My credit score is top tier. I put $500 down and the monthly will be $257 per month, for 39Months. Am I overpaying?? I feel that they were trying to rip me off because the interest rate, after converting from the money factor, was 1.4%. I am completely new to car purchasing and leasing!!! :surprise: Thank you!
    Hello utexas06. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with Convenience and 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Ferd. Whatever you do, don't put a lot of money down on a lease. First of all, consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Also, while it does lower the monthly payment, down payments on leases do nothing to reduce vehicles' end-of-term purchase option prices.

Even through it means that your monthly payment will be higher, it is much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go bbsqueen. VW Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with Convenience, Sunroof and 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per tear would be 2% higher.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi superkathy. What are this car's MSRP and selling price? Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • dmg427dmg427 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am looking to lease a 2012 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA SEDAN SE w/Conv & Sunroof.

1. I currently have a 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg edition that I would trade in for around $2,500. Will the trade in apply to my down payment?
    2. Also - I was planning to put an additional $2,000 down, but after reading through the posts above this doesn't seem like a good idea? What do you think?
    3. I was hoping for payments under $200.00 a month and a lease for 15,000 miles - Do you think this is an option?
    4. Can I use the $750 cash back for a payment? How does the cash back work?
    5. Will VW fix any problems that the car has - i.e brakes, mechanical problems, oil changes, etc?

THANK YOU in advance for your help - I am new to this and want to make sure I am fully informed before signing anything!
  • superkathysuperkathy Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    The MSRP of the car was $21,175 and after destination charge the price was $22,215. The final "agreed upon value" was $19850. After 39 months when the lease is up, I would be able to purchase the car for $11773.

Thanks Car_man!!
  • jessy1jessy1 Member Posts: 13
    I need to decide to buy my 2009 Jetta Se for 12, 741.96, I will pay cash. Current mileage is 33,000.

OR lease a 2012 jetta SE with conv and sunroof:

1300 down, $273.00 per month.

Normally I would be excited about a new car, but when I see how much cheaper the interior is then my current car it's sort of disappointing. Not sure if I should just keep current car for a few years..Or scrap it all lol:)

I would love opinions on if that is a good lease deal and if keeping current car might be good plan.

Thanks,

-Jess in Boston
    Hi dmg427. You definitely can trade in your current car when leasing a new one. While you can apply the proceeds from it as a down payment for your new lease, I always advise consumers to avoid making down payments on leased vehicles. Consumers who put money down on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. It would be safer to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade.

If you provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and dealer invoice price, of this car I would be happy to use VW's actual lease program to work up a payment on it for you. You should be able to find that pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Volkswagen is indeed currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car through VW Credit.

VW will fix any problems that this car has under warranty for 3-years / 36,000 miles and any powertrain issues for 5-years / 60,000 miles. You will have to pay to replace any wear and tear items and maintenance out of your own pocket.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem superkathy. Let's use VW's actual lease program to work up a payment and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with Convenience that has an MSRP of $22,215 and a selling price of $19,850 through VW Credit right now for 39-months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $225. Sales tax would be added on top of that, as well as any fees that you rolled into your payment like the acquisition fee, etc...

Car_man
    Host
  • soslo88soslo88 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, Car Man,

Perhaps you could help with a couple of questions on a lease.
    I am looking to possibly lease a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen S, manual. The price offered by the dealer is 19,600.
    I am looking for a 36 month, 12k a year lease. According to the website, VW Credit is offering a 1999 down, $239 month lease "deal" on this vehicle. According to the fine print, "Monthly payments total $8,604. No security deposit required. Requires dealer contribution of $800, which could affect final negotiated transaction. Purchase option at lease end for $10,832.50. "
    This offer, I assume, is contingent on paying full price for the vehicle, and not on the negotiated price?

My question is: would the $800 "dealer contribution" lower the 19,600 price to 18,800?
    Also, what is the money factor on this offer?

Thanks in advance
    I'd be happy to help you out soslo88. Most manufacturers' official advertised lease payments assume that the lessee is being given at least some discount off of MSRP. While I don't know the specific numbers for the Jetta lease that you mentioned, I suspect that is the case here as well. Having said that, savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to beat the selling prices that were used to calculate manufacturers' advertised payments. If I was in the market for a Jetta Sportwagen right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $500 cash incentive that is available on leases of it.

VW Credit's buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen S is an extremely attractive .00005 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dudley07dudley07 Member Posts: 1
    Hi -

I am in Northern NJ and have requested a quote from several dealers here in northern NJ and NYC for a Jetta SE automatic with Convenience.

The best price I got for a 12K per year, no money down (and all fees rolled into monthly lease price) was $259. This particular dealer told me that his offer is based on a sticker of $20260
    which he said is $838 under invoice.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks,
    Dudley
  • jettruejettrue Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I'm looking for the money factor and residual value on 15K miles 36 month lease of a Jetta Sedan S (manual transmission).

Also, if I'm understanding correctly, you should generally be able to negotiate to around the "True market value", vs. paying MSRP for a lease, as they'd like you to believe?
  • cwy1688cwy1688 Member Posts: 5
    Hey carman can I get the July money factor and residual for 2012 jetta tdi? Thank you in advance.
  • xian5681xian5681 Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2012
    Hi !

Looking to lease my first car and looking at Jetta SE with Conv and Sunroof. Will have a trade in of $2000.

What should my numbers be at? Im in Socal

Monthly Payment?
    Money Factor?
    Residual?
    Anything Else?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi Dudley. A selling price of eight hundred and change under dealer invoice is an excellent price for this car. Just make sure that the dealer uses its buy rate lease money factor of .00001 (that's as low as it gets) to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings jettrue. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a Jetta Sedan S with a manual transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00010 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

If I was in the market for a Jetta right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice price minus the available cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go cwy1688. Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi xian5681. This car's lease payment will depend upon what its MSRP and selling price are. Let me know what the MSRP and invoice price are for the exact model that you want and I'll work up a payment on it for you. You can find this pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

For now I can tell you that VW Credit's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with Conv, Sunroor and 15,000 miles per year are .00001 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • verinoxverinox Member Posts: 76
    Hi all - just wondered if anyone who recently leased/looked to lease a GLI Autobahn DSG w/ nav, or something close to that, could share their experience and pricing. Curious what dealers are putting out there for lease prices.

Thanks
  • king_drivenking_driven Member Posts: 6
    I am in the process of leasing a GLI Autobahn without NAV and if I pay all fees (tax, title, reg) + 1st month payment (total about $2500) I am looking at about $345 a month.

The biggest problem I had with getting a nice deal was finding a GLI authbahn with/without nav. Over here on the north east coast there are a few right now, and that is based on hours of scanning vw dealer sites and phone calls. With $1500 down towards those fees, and rolling the rest into the lease, I am looking at about $375 a month.
    CARMAN, are there any incentives besides the low interest rate for leasing the GLI autobahn without NAV?

Thanks.
  • ferd1ferd1 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I’m interested in leasing a 2013 VW Jetta GLI Autobahn Manual Transmission; hopefully they will be available soon.

My question is, has VW in the past offered special incentives ‘mainly cash discounts’ on new models pre-releases, or will this vehicle be so popular that dealers won’t even offer VW national discounts if any and ask for full MRSP?

Will pricing be the same or more as the 2012 model?

I’m just trying to get an idea of how a lease would be structured or what to expect when this vehicle is released in the coming months; for example, on a VW lease, will the money factor high or expensive on 2013’ I know it’s too early to tell and we’re all waiting for pricing, but maybe you can shed some light on what Volkswagen did last year or in prior years for new model releases.

Thank you!

Farid
  • ballhoggballhogg Member Posts: 38
    Carman,

Can you post the residual values and money factors for the following (difference between 12K & 15K miles per year):

2012 Jetta SEL
    2012 Jetta TDI w/ Premium

Are the residual values and money factors the same within each engine type (2.5L, TDI, GLI)? When do these rates expire?

Thanks!
    Hi king_driven. Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of 2012 Jetta Sedan GLI with automatic transmission and $1,250 on GLI Sedans with manual transmissions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Farid. It's difficult to say what Volkswagen's incentives will be like on the 2013 Jetta GLI when it is first introduced, but I suspect it will take a month or two before the lease program that is available on it is as attractive as the program on the 2012 model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

How do you prove to the dealer that there is an incentive.
    The dealer I went to told me there was no incentive on this car, and asked me to show them where I saw this information.

thanks.
  • uscdpt2006uscdpt2006 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Carman,

Can you please let me know what the residual and money factor are for a 2012 VW GLI Autobahn w/ Navi? I am looking at a 3yr/12,000 mile lease. Are there anymore incentives for this lease? Thank you very much. I'm looking to possibly lease today or tomorrow. Btw, this site has been extremely helpful. Thanks again.
  • wsimoncmwsimoncm Member Posts: 1
    Car_man
    Can you tell me the money factor and residuals for a Manual Jetta Sportwagen TDI with Sunroof.
    it seems I'm in the middle of 2012 and 2013 models being available and wondering if I get a better deal with the '12 than the '13.
    (MSRP is $28,060, but average deal from truecar seems to $26,886 inc delivery)

I'm in Oakland CA.

Thanks
    Simon
  • lagunamike1lagunamike1 Member Posts: 1
    What money factor can I expect on a 2012 VW Jetta TDI? Is it negotiable? Is the residual negotiable?
  • sho220zsho220z Member Posts: 11
    I am also interested in MFs and Residuals for the Jetta TDI, specifically the Premium model DSG, 3 years, 15K a year.
  • chad75chad75 Member Posts: 107
    Car-Man, I am also interested in knowing lease factors for a 2012 GLI Autobahn w/ navigation, manual transmission, 12k mi/yr, 3 yrs for my area (zip 33901)... MF, residual, incentives, etc.

I also posted a similar request in the VW CC thread... basically, I'm looking for the best lease or purchase deal on a manual transmission VW sedan (or wagon).

Thanks!
  • klee05klee05 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    Hi Car_man,

I'm interested in leasing a automatic 2013 Jetta GLI w/ Autobahn w/o Navi (MSRP: $28,735).
    What are the residual value and money factor offered for this model for a 12k/36month lease? I'm located in Cambridge, MA (02139).

Thank you!
    Hello sho220z. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00157 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.