Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings chad75. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan GLI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00026 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car through VW Credit right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey klee05. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan GLI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00055 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ferd1ferd1 Member Posts: 6
    Hello car man,

I'm looking to lease a 2013 Jetta GLI Autobahn manual transmission w/out nav in August or September. Dealer quoted me ture invoice+destination-minus an incentives.

Currently, I hear the incentive is $750 to $1000 from VW until 1/1/2013, not sure which applies to the GLI, hoping you can confirm this info.

Also, can you confirm the residual values and money factors for 12k and 15k mile lease please? Previous post shows .00055 and .00057 at 54% and 57% for an automatic, are the lease rates for manual transmission the same?

Thank you very much,

Ferd
    Hi Ferd. Volkswagen is providing cash incentives on leases of the 2012 Jetta right now, but I'm not aware of any cash on lease of the 2013 model yet.

Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00055 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The numbers are the same for models with automatic and manual transmissions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello car man,

I have a dealer telling me I can pick up a 2013 Jetta GLI Autobahn at invoice of $25,147 plus destination at $795. If leasing, what should the negotiated MSRP be or amount to assuming the invoice price is the capitalized cost?

Am I correct with this, can you assist please?

Thank you,

Ferd
  • lucienmarclucienmarc Member Posts: 1
    Car Man! First-time posting, long-time follower.

Looking to sign a lease this weekend and could use your help. What is the current MF and Residual Value for the following:

2012 Jetta SE w/ Convenience; 12K miles/year
    2013 Jetta SE w/ Convenience; 12K miles/year

Lastly, can you confirm current incentive value for leasing a 2012 Jetta SE?

Many thanks in advance,
    Lucien
    Hi Ferd. If the dealer is selling you this car at dealer invoice plus destination then that would be your vehicle's capitalized cost when working up a payment. The MSRP would be whatever your vehicle's MSRP is. You can either ask the dealer for it or use the number that is listed in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome Lucien :shades: ! Through September 4th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE Convenience with 12,000 mies per year are .00026 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan S model are .00080 and 57%.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 Jetta Sedan SE, but nothing on 2013 Jetta Sedan models yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Car_man,

I’ve found online sources that show that Volkswagen is offering manufacturer incentives with most models. Please check out the following link from Aol Autos. I want to know if this information is valid please.

http://autos.aol.com/new-car-incentives/volkswagen/

Thanks,

Ferd
    Hey Ferd. Volkswagen's regular dealer cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program, only the lease cash is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello car man,

Well, I finally picked up my 13" Autobahn manual transmission without Nav this past weekend.
    Here's what I did, let me know if I did ok please and thanks for your help. You made the process simpler.

MSRP $27,025
    Cap Cost $25,960, includes acquasition Fee $625
    Residual Value 55%
    Money Factor .00022
    Down payment $1630
    Trade $1400
    Tax, License, Doc fees, Reg $870
    Payment $249.48

Look foward to hearing from you - Best regards,

Ferd
  • poppyalpoppyal Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    Car man:
    Please provide the current numbers for a 2013 Jetta S, Any Cash Back Available?
    Also, please provide residual and money factor for a 36 mo. 15 K per year lease.
    Up until 9/4 the 2012 Jetta S had the 1,000 cash back, but info on the
    availability of the cash back for the 2013 has not been readily available.
    Thank you.
    Here you go Poppyal. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan S with 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There's no national cash incentives on leases of the '13 Jetta, but there is some regional promotions out there. Let me know what state you are in and I'll tell you if there is anything available in your neck of the woods.

Car_man
    Host
  • poppyalpoppyal Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    I am in Pennsylvania
    You're welcome poppyal. I don't think that there's any regional cash available on this car in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • jchinjchin Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

I just received an email from my dealer for a VW Jetta S 5spd for $99/month with $999 down. Residual of $10,132.60. Is this a good deal or a dealer scam? TIA.
    Hi jchin. $99 per month is certainly a low monthly payment. Do you happen to know what this car's MSRP and selling price are?

Car_man
    Host
  • vwbugvwbug Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man- can you provide the MF and residual for a 2012 Beetle 2.5L (no sun/sound or navi) automatic transmission, 12k mi/yr, 3 yrs for Los Angeles - zip 90404. I was thinking the incentives/deals had to be with the 2012's versus the 2013's, but now I'm not so sure. Thanks in advance!
  • jchinjchin Member Posts: 3
    Yes here are all the details I know;

MSRP: 17470 ( I assumed this was the selling price as well?)
    $99 first payment
    $999 Cap reduction
    $770 Destination
    $625 bank Fee
    Plus Tax, Title

$3574 first payment
  • luckyduck76luckyduck76 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

I am looking to lease a Jetta SEL. Zero money down, 36 mos, 12K a year, credit no issue. What is a reasonable payment to expect? I want to keep my payments between $300 and $315 - tax included. I have not leased a Volkswagen before.
    Sticker price on most is around $25,500.00
    Should I decide to go with the Jetta SE with convenience can I expect a payment under $300.00? $275 ish?
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Member Posts: 33
    That's one heck of a down payment on a lease! I wouldn't put more than a $1,000.00 down and go from there. Also, the "bank" fee.....did they give you a separate documents fee? I'm thinking it's one in the same in which case I'd get them to reduce it or drop it altogether.
  • henryd31henryd31 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    The price I was quoted on 2013 Jetta GLI w/Autobahn seems to be just an average deal: $27,500 which didn't include ttl that add up to around another $1,800. This was received while working on trying to buy the car out right. Wondering what kind of lease rates I could get at this time.

Thanks !
  • stillystilly Member Posts: 7
    Car Man,

Can you get me the October MF and RES for the TDI Jetta Sportwagon?
    12k and 15k for RES
    Any cash incentives to help drop CAP Costs?

Thanks,

John
  • stillystilly Member Posts: 7
    We switched gears and picked the CC. The Oct MF was .00006 and RES at 53% for 12k miles. MSRP on base model with lighting kit, mats, exhaust tips came to $33k. Purchase price $29k plus fees. I don't think any other VW has this good a deal. No money down and first month due at signing. $379 per month and includes FL tax.
  • cosanostracosanostra Member Posts: 91
    Car_man -

I know that stilly went another way, but I'm interested in the October MF and residuals for the TDI Jetta Sportwagon for a 36 month 12k and 15k lease as well as any cash incentives to help drop the CAP costs (know this is unlikely for the TDI, but can't hurt to ask right?).

TIA
    Hi luckyduck76. Let's assume that this car has a spread of around $900 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. Add to that the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car and you have a total of $1,900 to play with during our negotiations.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Jetta SEL Sedan that has an MSRP of $25,500 and a selling price of $24,000 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $301.

The payment for a Jetta Sedan SE would indeed likely be lower.

Car_man
    Host
    edited October 2012
    Hi John. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00153 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on diesel Jetta models.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cosanostra. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • lukeh1lukeh1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all. First, thanks to all for this great forum - it has been a tremendous resource for me. I am looking to lease a 2013 GLI Autobahn with Nav, fully loaded, and was offered the following deal:

12K per year mileage
    36 month lease
    $1960.00 due at signing
    $388.00 per month (Includes all taxes,fees etc.)
    The dealership is picking up my first 2 payments as I did not really need the car until January, but they obviously wanted to close the deal.

This seems a bit high to me. I am TERRIBLE with numbers (not ashamed to admit it!). Is this a good deal?
  • nick821nick821 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man:

Looking to possibly lease a 2013 Jetta SE with convenience/sunroof auto for my daughter.
    36 month,12k miles a year (or the sweet spot)
    Do you have the numbers (residual and MF)?
    Any incentives in the North East.

Thanks
  • flykitfoxflykitfox Member Posts: 1
    could you please provide me with the mf and residual on a 2013 golf tdi with tech pkg with 15000 miles for 36 and 48 month lease. If you could the same on a Passat tdi se with sunroof and nav system with the same mileage and term.

Thanks.
    I'm glad that you enjoy it lukeh1. Do you happen to know this car's MSRP and selling price? I always make sure to get those two numbers when negotiating a lease. They make it easier to evaluate how good a deal is without shopping around at a ton of dealers.

Let me know and I'll tell you what I think. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm sure that your daughter will love it. Here's the information that you're looking for nick821.

Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan SE with convenience, sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00028 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As far as cash incentives go, Volkswagen is providing $750 on leases of this car right now. In addition to that, they are waiving the first month's payment on leases for the rest of October.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly flykitfox. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Golf TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00153 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00173 and 50%.

The numbers for the Passat TDI are .00153 / 58% and .00173 / 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • highlanderguyhighlanderguy Member Posts: 3
    I'm in LA. Just got a quote (11/9/12) on a '13 Jetta SE automatic, w/convenience pkg and sunroof. MSRP $23,502, invoice $22,569, price $21,100. Seems like a good price. Any better deals recently?

I was given a money factor of 0.00013 and 12k residual value of 56%. Are these correct? Seems like the salesperson may have understated MF by a factor of 10.

I was told the lease cash is $250 for an automatic and $750 for manual. Any other incentives available that aren't being disclosed?

What should I expect for acquisition fee? Is this negotiable?

Thanks.
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Car Man...can you please post the most recent financing numbers for the 2013 Jetta SE Auto for 12k and 15k miles? Thanks.
  • nick821nick821 Member Posts: 5
    Highlanderguy

The numbers you got are great. A dealer on Long Island had given all the same lease numbers but would only come down about a $1000 off sticker.
    Sure sprinkler13. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00013 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $250 cash incentive plus the waiver of your first month's payment on leases of this car this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Thanks for the info Car_man...since we are now into December, when available can you post the financing numbers and incentives for December on a Jetta SE with 12k and 15k miles? Thanks.
  • drct2dcadrct2dca Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    Hi Car_man. Can you provide me with the December MF as well as 24 and 36 month residuals (15,000 miles per year) for a 2013 Jetta GLI Autobahn with Nav? Thanks!
  • today44today44 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car-man,

Can you provide the December MF and RES for the TDI sportwagon wiht 15k and 12k per year?

Thanks
  • iwantsuviwantsuv Member Posts: 6
    Hello Car_Man
    For a 2013 Jetta 2.5SE (auto)w/ convenience,In Atlanta a dealer quoted me a final price of $23262 ,$0 down a money factor of .00063 and residual of 53%.
    This resulted in a monthly payment(includes TTL) of 271.78.

Is this a good deal?It seems much higher when compared to some numbers here...
    BTW:does anyone know the Invoice for 2013 Jetta 2.5SE?

Cheers
    Kalyan
  • ez627ez627 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Just got an offer for $500 down (TT included)...36 month lease 12k/36 months for $220 month for a 2.5 SE (auto) w conv. What do you guys think? Thanks.
    You're welcome sprinkler13. The numbers are exactly the same in December as they were in November.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello drct2dca. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00013 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 24-month lease are .00013 and 61%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey today44. VW Credit's December top tier numbers for a 36 / 15 lease of a TDI Jetta sportwagen are .00150 and 56%.

The resid for a 12k lease would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • alisonmarie21alisonmarie21 Member Posts: 1
    Save Reply Edit Delete
    #1525 of 1525 Jetta TDI w/Nav by alisonmarie21
    Dec 29, 2012 (3:07 pm)

Is there room for a better deal on this lease? This is a quote from a SoCal VW dealership.

2013 Jetta TDI w/Premium Nav.

MSRP: $28,055
    Selling Price: $26,916
    Total Cap Cost: $27,541

Zero down zero due at signing
    42 month lease
    12,000 mi/yr.

Total per month(tax included): $417

Thanks for your help!!
    (Posted before in the wrong place..oops!)
  • alejo0401alejo0401 Member Posts: 7
    Carman could you please provide me with the residual and money factor of the 2013 Jetta (SE 4dr Car 2.5L 5-cyl) I qualify for the top credit tier, I’m looking for a 36 month lease 15K miles per year.
    The MSRP of the car according to KBB is $18,995, do you think I’ll be able to negotiate the price of the car down to $17,500?
    Thanks,
  • memi1memi1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car Man,
    I was offered, a lease for a 2013 Jetta SE with conv. at 12300 residual value and 226 monthly payment, no money down. How do you determine the residual value and percentage? The dealership also said that I qualify for top tier, so how does this play in terms of the residual value? What numbers should I be seeing with top tier credit? Is this a good deal?

I am also a new graduate, are there any incentives that may help?
  • memi1memi1 Member Posts: 2
    Carman, do we have to purchase the rubber mats and emergency kits with the Jetta, or can we opt not to get them. They are pricey and I don't recall having to pay more than $50 for good floor mats.
This discussion has been closed.