Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• hollisterboy89hollisterboy89 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I've been watching this forum for some months now and posting here for the first time. I have a question, I lease a 2012 Jetta SE w/ convenience and sunroof in January of 2012. I put down $3500, and pay $218/month for 36 months, 12k a year. I believe I got a good deal, but I just want to be sure, even though there's nothing that I can do about it now. The total gross capitalized cost in my contract is $23,341.38 and the residual is $13,062.50.

Also, at the end of my lease at the rate that I'm going now, I'll be 10k over on miles by the very end of the lease. I imagine I'll return it early if there's a pull-ahead program which I've seen offered by VW every fall. What can I do to make sure I get a good or even better deal for my next lease, as I plan to lease another Jetta at end of my current lease. Thanks!
  • tyguy004tyguy004 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a Jetta TDI and I like the idea of a lease. I have been talking with a local dealer here in Salt Lake City, UT and I want to get some input from a non dealer, because I feel that you can never trust a car salesmen.

I told the VW dealership I wanted a 2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium but no Navigation. MSRP is $26,595. What kind of monthly payment am I looking at if I put $2,000 down......
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi alejo0401. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00021 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • harryc3harryc3 Member Posts: 1
    My son's friend wants to lease a 2013 Jetta S. The total sticker price is $18,840, and she is looking at a 36 month lease / 12,000 miles, $0 down, 1st payment included, and $1,000 trade in for her clunker. Her sales tax rate 9%. We're currently at $245/month total payment including tax, title, etc. Is this a fair deal? Thanks for your help.
  • alejo0401alejo0401 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for the info Carman, this is truly helpful.
    Do the number change at all for the SE 2.5 with Sunroof / Convinience?
    Best,
  • jessy1jessy1 Member Posts: 13
    HELP!
    I want to lease a tiguan SE 4 motion with sunroof and navigation. 36 months, 12 k per yr. I can work with 10 if it comes down to it because I am feeling desperate.
    I am bad with numbers and no one is helping me. I have also learned from past leases that focusing on only monthly payments and not the residual at end of lease was stupid. Can someone calculate what I should be paying/a fair price for em? I would be so grateful! I can't do all these confusing math problems.
    Also it is freezing and snowy in Boston and end of month so I would like a decent deal.
    Thank you so much.
    -Jessica, carless in MA
  • ballhoggballhogg Member Posts: 38
    Isn't this a Jetta thread? ;)

Post this in the Tiguan thread, you need the current residual value and money factor. The Edmunds TMV in 02116 is $32283 for a 2013 SE with sunroof and navigation, about $200 below invoice.
    You're very welcome alejo0401. The addition of Sunroof and Convenience does not alter this car's lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • bobwag1bobwag1 Member Posts: 5
    My lease is almost over and I need to make a decision what todo. I'm about 5000 miles over my allowed 15K miles so if I return it I will need to pay for the extra millage... If I buy it i have to pay the taxes over purchase price and I'm not planning to keep it (for long)... is there some kind of structure you can trade in the car for a new VW (lease or buy) without having to actual purchased it first?
  • fjuno78fjuno78 Member Posts: 11
    Hi all,

I am looking to lease a 2013 Jetta this weekend. I am focused on the SE w/ Convenience package.

Is the program the same as January? Are there any incentives out there? Is there type of loyalty discount?

I am sorry for all the questions, but this info is hard to find for whatever reason.
  • daptekdaptek Member Posts: 141
    What is the money factor / residual for Feb? Are there any incentives?

Looking for a 36 month 12K miles no down.
  • afriqueafrique Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    What are the March buy rate , residual, for a 36month 12k lease for 2013 jetta gli autobahn ? Also what a good cap cost. Are the any incentives?
    Hello daptek. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta GLI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00003 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car. Make sure to take it into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi afrique. That's an interesting coincidence, I just answered a question about the exact same trim level. Please see my previous post for the info that you're looking for.

If I was in the market for this car in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus any available cash incentives. Volkswagen is shooting for massive volume here in the U.S. and blowing out as many vehicles as it can.

Car_man
    Host
  • getwirednengetwirednen Member Posts: 43
    I noticed that VCI is now advertising leases on Hybrids and TDI's. Anyone know the residuals and money factors on these two trims? Any additional incentives?
  • pappas2059pappas2059 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, after visiting many VW dealers and coming up with different lease numbers, finally I've got a good deal. I leased a 2013 VW Jetta with convenience and sunroof candy white color for $250/month with $1,300 out the door for 36 months at 12,000miles/year. The residual is $12,250

Let me know if anybody has a better deal.
  • berliner5000berliner5000 Member Posts: 4
    Where are you located? I'm interested in leasing that exact same car.
    edited March 2013
    I've got the price negotiated to $28,292 for an SEL Premium Jetta Hybrid. Now I just need the MF and Residual. CarMan, any info on the advertised Hybrid Leases that you can share. Thanks in advance.
    Dealer is quoting the following lease details for VCI:

MF: 0.00176

Residuals:
    15k: 48%
    12k: 50%

All high... How is this a special advertised lease rate?
  • teras1teras1 Member Posts: 1
    I leased a basic Jetta S for 3 years @ about $225 a month and nothing down. The residual value is $10,500. Is that a good deal? Also, I have bad credit but not sure how that factored in.
  • aitrus03aitrus03 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car Man,

Can you provide the mf/res for the 2013 Jetta SE w/Convenience and the SEL w/o nav for a 36/12 lease? Are there any specials going on right now to take advantage of? I am having dealers try to put me into the SE Passat right now saying its only slightly more due to lease cash differences on the to cars. Also, does the first month waiver apply to the Jetta?

Confused, need help. Thanks!
  • aniaeveaniaeve Member Posts: 1
    I just got a deal for a 2013 VW jetta SE for 36 months 10,000 mile lease for 269 a month and 2500 due at signing... Help! I am not sure this is a good deal.
    Hi getwired. VW Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Hybrid with 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 Jetta Sedan TDI are .00151 and 56%.

I think that Volkswagen is currently waiving the first lease payment on diesel models, but it does not have any cash that I am aware of on Hybrids.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi aitrus03. VW Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan SE with Convenience and 12,000 miles per year are .00002 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers are exactly the same for the Sedan SEL.

Both of these trim levels qualify for a $750 cash incentive on leases of them through VW Credit.

There is a small payment waiver offer on this car that is only available in certain states.

Car_man
    Host
  • cgarcia0638cgarcia0638 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Can you please give me the money factor and residuals on a 2013 Jetta GLI Autobahn with Nav? 36mo/10K

Thank you very much!
    Hello cgarcia0638. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan GLI with 10,000 miles per year are .00003 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • aitrus03aitrus03 Member Posts: 20
    Does this apply to Florida?
  • dvasilydvasily Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Could you tell me is this a good lease offer for Jetta SE with convenience 685.00 total down and 205+ tax @ 36 month lease based on 12K/year

Thanks a lot
  • donm2303donm2303 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Carman,

Do you have the April Residual value and money factor on a 2013 Jetta S Automatic with 12,000 miles/yr for 36 month lease.

Thank you! :)
  • dude13248dude13248 Member Posts: 23
    Hi Carman,

Looking for the lease rates for a 2013 Jetta both SEL and SE conv & sunroof. 36 mos, 12K miles per year, top tier credit for april.

Are there any cash incentives, etc? We are in San Diego County.

Thnaks!!
  • melech37melech37 Member Posts: 18
    Carman; Does the pull up program generally stay in effect all year, or is it a month -to-month offer, like the incentives? Does it depend on type of VW I'm currently leasing? Is it a true saving of the last few month's lease payments, or does it get folded into the cost of the new lease, like negative equity?

Thanks, melech
  • danob11danob11 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Carman -

Can i please have the Residual and money factor for a 2013 Jetta S. looking at a 36/10k lease.

I am in North Jersey.

Thanks
  • tim916tim916 Member Posts: 7
    Carman -

Do you have the April MF and residual on a 2013 Jetta GLI Autobahn for 36 months and 12k and 15k miles?

Thanks.
    edited April 2013
    Hello donm2303. VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan S with 12,000 miles per year are .00025 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car. There's $500 loyalty on top of that.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Dude. VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta SE or SEL with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car. There's an additional $500 cash for loyal owners.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Melech. Many manufacturers do indeed offer early lease termination from time to time to current lessees who get another new vehicle. Official early termination offers completely waive a specific number of remaining payments for current customers. I have taken advantage of them myself in the past. I do not know the specifics of Volkswagen's current program however. I'll see what I can find out for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly danob11. VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan S with 10,000 miles per year are .00025 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car plus another $500 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey tim916. VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan GLI Autobahn with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease of this car with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car to everyone plus an additional $500 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • chchoichchoi Member Posts: 40
    I just leased a 2013 Jetta GLI (Base) Auto. Red.
    MSRP: 26450
    Invoice: 25323
    Cap Cost: 23150 (with Acq. fee included)
    Drive off: 646
    Monthly payment: 265 (before tax).

I think I got a good deal??
    I wonder how dealer can sell 2173 below invoice?
  • btag1btag1 Member Posts: 1
    Saturday night around closing time I went to my local New Jersey Volkswagen dealer to lease a Jetta Se 2.5L. At the time I was unaware of a convenience package for this particular model. Our parties verbally agreed on a monthly payment that seemed adequate 185/month 12k miles with $2000 down.

P.s. How is the deal? what is a good deal in this case? I'm going back to the dealer on Monday to sign the contract.
    -Thanks
  • d_train2013d_train2013 Member Posts: 60
    Carman--last weekend (April 28th) I signed a lease for a new Passat SE with sunroof for 36 months, 12K miles/year. MSRP 26,640. The price I negotiated over email was 255/month with 0 money down except for 1st payment. The gross capitalized cost was 22,893. When I got to the dealer and they checked my credit (700 FICO), the finance manager came out in an earnest way, as though he were going to bat for me, and said I only qualified for "B" level credit, in part because I have a big student loan, and so I would have to pay $20 more per month. So the pre-tax monthly became 275/month. Exhausted by the long process, by the time I signed my paperwork, I noticed they'd added a 599 dealer fee and 625 acquisition fee, bringing that cap cost to around 24,100, still 1100 below invoice. (I later regretted not refusing that dealer fee). With state taxes at 6.5%, and with some interest on those taxes, the total deal came to 329/month with 0 money down except for first month's payment. My questions: 1. Did I get a good deal or a mediocre one for that car? 2. Based on 700 credit, was the extra 20/month a bit of a scam? 3. I had read here last week about VW's 1750 incentive on Passat SE leases and let them know in advance, thinking it would be taken off the 22,893 cap cost. But afterwards they insisted it had already been figured into the 4000 discount and they would never, ever be able to sell that car at 22,893 - 1750. Thanks in advance for your thoughts...
    Hi d_train2013. I know that consumers need a 740+ credit score to qualify for Volkswagen Credit's A+ credit tier. But I don't know the specific cutoff for A tier customers...the cutoff for its best special rates. Its B Tier money factors are .00030 higher on a B Tier lease. That probably equates to more like $15/month or so on a Passat lease (I didn't calculate the exact amount for this car).

If you're at a selling price of well below dealer invoice, the dealer probably did already take the cash incentive into account.

The $625 acquisition fee that you were quoted is spot on, but the $599 dealer fee in my opinion is a little high. Of course, one has to look at it in the context of the total selling price for the car, which seems reasonable.

Car_man
    Host
  • carfan310carfan310 Member Posts: 17
    Hi Car Man,

What is the current buy rate, lease money factor, and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Hybrid SE, SEL, and SEL Premium with 12,000 miles per year?

Thanks in advance.
  • d_train2013d_train2013 Member Posts: 60
    Thanks again, Carman. Seems I got a reasonable deal, though again, I wish I'd refused to pay that dealer fee!
  • bmckim1bmckim1 Member Posts: 1
    I was a week or two into bugging two local dealerships for a final monthly figure on a Jetta S 2.0L Manual (The ads all say $199/mo... add the tax and it looks like $216... and I'm guessing they'll tack on $700 or so in fees that I'll take care of on signing day)

But then I switched and wanted an automatic. They're being a bit dodgy about giving me a figure on that model. Somebody said simply add another $1,500 on... divide by 39... and my new figure is $254 (tax incl.)... sounds high-ish. The dealer websites are saying $18,885 for the automatic... and $17,470 for the manual...

To complicate matters further, KBB is saying that the market value is $16,438!

I'm going in tomorrow morning to do battle... I fear I'm marked as a "fish" and that I won't get the best deal I can. I need good advice... not just on facts and figures, but on strategy and tactics... I'll take anything. Thanks!! :confuse:
    Hi carfan310. Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of any 2013 Jetta Hybrid with 12,000 miles per year are .00139 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There isn't any cash incentives on leases of this car in May, but Volkswagen is waiving the first month's payment on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome d_train2013.

Car_man
    Host
  • bart_abart_a Member Posts: 1
    Hey Carman, what are the current VW finance lease terms for Jetta TDI SportWagen? Looking for 36 months, 18K per year.
  • beluga1200beluga1200 Member Posts: 13
    i'm looking for a deal like this on the exact same car. could you share dealership info (dealership name, city and state)?
  • meyerovbmeyerovb Member Posts: 4
    Car man, what are the may money factor, residual, and lease incentive for a jetta s automatic no sunroof no options? Does the incentive only apply for a 39 month/10k lease?
This discussion has been closed.