Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited May 2015 in Volkswagen
For current leasing information, go to 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Welcome to the Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Volkswagen Jetta leasing questions.

Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Jetta, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Volkswagen Jetta page.

To see all forums discussions about the Volkswagen Jetta, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Volkswagen Jetta discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• seito1221seito1221 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    Hello host, what is the residual and money factor for a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SE w/ sunroof and conn? Thanks in advance!
    P.s. 12k per yr and 15k per yr
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,826
    2014 Jetta SE 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00036 MF and 54% residual... Add 2% for 12K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• devilfishdevilfish Member Posts: 11
    Hi Host,

Does this offer sound decent? Thanks!

2014 Jetta TDI Premium pkg (no Navigation) $300 total due (DMV fee), 42 months 15000 per year = $368 per month.
    2014 Jetta gas SEL (With Navigation) $300 total due, 42 months 15000 miles per year = $368. per month

Thanks!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Yes, I also like to know what is truly a good deal. I am looking to trade for a new lease. I was quoted the following.

2014 Jetta SE/Con, Roof, $347, 15k, 48mth, $0 down

2014 Jetta SEL $372, 15k, 48mth, $0 down.

They are stating there are very good incentives this month.

Please let us know. I have been looking at the same cars too.
  • pgo1pgo1 Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Could you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2014 Jetta SE with Connectivity?
    I would like the numbers for both a 10K and 12K mile lease.

Thanks,

Paul
    2014 Jetta SE 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00036 MF and 56% residual. $500 lease cash

Add 1% for 10K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pgo1pgo1 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the info on the SE with connectivity.

Could you please also tell me the MF and residual are for a 2014 Jetta
    TDI with Premium Package?

Best,

Paul
  • newcar4meplznewcar4meplz Member Posts: 2
    Hi kyfdx,

Thank you for your response to my question in the GTI thread. Could you please post the numbers for a 2014 GLI base and Autobahn (both with dsg) for 3yr/15k?

Thanks again, you rock,

S
    2014 GLI 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00138 MF and 58% residual

Options or trim line have no effect on those numbers.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gk848evogk848evo Member Posts: 1

Is this residual different based on the state you live in? I'm looking to lease a GLI Autobahn tomorrow and the sales person is telling me the residual value is .56 for 15k. California lease.

edited December 2013

@gk848evo said:
    Is this residual different based on the state you live in? I'm looking to lease a GLI Autobahn tomorrow and the sales person is telling me the residual value is .56 for 15k. California lease.

The information that I have is the program is nationwide. Dealers can't really play with residuals.... so, either the dealer is correct, and CA residuals are different.. or, he is just wrong.. lol. Also, these numbers are for the latest "Sign then Drive" leases. If the lease is structured differently, you might get different numbers (though, I doubt the residual would be different).

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• grndstnygrndstny Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2013

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    2014 Jetta SE 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00036 MF and 56% residual. $500 lease cash

Add 1% for 10K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

are these numbers the same for December? I'm also looking for a 2014 Jetta se w/ connectivity. Thanks!

• scottbandscottband Member Posts: 10

Hi, can you give me the MF and Residual for a 2014 VW Jetta SEL for a 10,000 mile, 36 month lease? Can you also do the same for the 2014 Jetta GLI Autobahn with NAV? Thank you

@grndstny said:

Yes... the numbers are the same

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@scottband said:
    Hi, can you give me the MF and Residual for a 2014 VW Jetta SEL for a 10,000 mile, 36 month lease? Can you also do the same for the 2014 Jetta GLI Autobahn with NAV? Thank you

2014 Jetta SEL 36mo, 10K/yr lease

.00036 MF and 57% residual

GLI: .00138 MF and 61% residual

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• paulokepauloke Member Posts: 2

Hi, What is the current residual value for a 2014 VW GLI Manual Autobahn with Nav for 36 months; 12K/yr? I believe the interest rate is 0.9% which translates to 0.00038 money factor (.009/24) is that correct? I know how to calculate a typical lease, can someone tell me how to calculate a one payment lease? Is the money factor lower for a one payment lease? Are there any current rebates or incentives on the vehicle? Thanks

• paulokepauloke Member Posts: 2

Why doesn't Edmunds show all of the current VW incentives/rebates being offered? They list $500 off the Jetta, but there is an additional $2000 offered (I'm not sure of the form; i.e. cash to dealer? rebate? etc?). One of my local dealers is offering a 2014 (not a 2013) GLI manual autobahn with Navi, list with options $29,960 for $26,151 until the end of January 2014. Similar savings on the 2014 automatics as well. There are similar savings of other models besides the Jetta. What's up with that Edmunds????? (I believe Motor Trend has them listed online)

@pauloke said:
    Hi, What is the current residual value for a 2014 VW GLI Manual Autobahn with Nav for 36 months; 12K/yr? I believe the interest rate is 0.9% which translates to 0.00038 money factor (.009/24) is that correct? I know how to calculate a typical lease, can someone tell me how to calculate a one payment lease? Is the money factor lower for a one payment lease? Are there any current rebates or incentives on the vehicle? Thanks

The APRs offered on purchases do not necessarily coincide with the money factor offered.

.00050 MF and 58% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr lease

A one-pay lease is calculated as though it were being paid normally, just with a money factor reduction to account for the upfront payment. VW MF deduction for a one-pay lease is .0010, but that might not be allowed with a subsidized money factor (most of their MFs are subsidized).

I don't have the incentive information, unless it is lease specific. I don't see any extra incentives on the GLI.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@pauloke said:
    Why doesn't Edmunds show all of the current VW incentives/rebates being offered? They list $500 off the Jetta, but there is an additional $2000 offered (I'm not sure of the form; i.e. cash to dealer? rebate? etc?). One of my local dealers is offering a 2014 (not a 2013) GLI manual autobahn with Navi, list with options $29,960 for $26,151 until the end of January 2014. Similar savings on the 2014 automatics as well. There are similar savings of other models besides the Jetta. What's up with that Edmunds????? (I believe Motor Trend has them listed online)

I'm not involved in the non-forums content, so I can't answer your question.. There may be certain finance or sales-specific dealer bonuses that aren't "attached" to the vehicle.

I see that Jetta Hybrid leases have $2000 cash attached, and the 1.8T engines have $1250, but nothing on the GLI... For that kind of deal, make sure they aren't marking up your money factor.. Good luck!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jjm14jjm14 Member Posts: 6

Can someone provide the MF and residual for a 2014 Jetta S -- 3yrs at 12K per

Thank you!

.00010 MF and 55% residual. $750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jjm14jjm14 Member Posts: 6

Thanks!

And to ask a dumb question - the "lease cash" is what the dealer would get if they originate the lease (i.e. though they/dealer could take this out of your cap cost assuming you/buyer know about it)?

It's lease bonus cash on that model.(above any normal amount they may get for writing the lease) I'm not sure if they can hide that, or not. Either way, take it into account when making your offer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jimziggjimzigg Member Posts: 65

Looking for MF and Residuals for 36/15k leases in WI:
    2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen S manual trans
    2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI no NAv no Roof manual trans

Gas: .0009 MF and 51% residual. $750 lease cash

Diesel: .00044 MF and 55% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rjc5rjc5 Member Posts: 11

I leased a Jetta SE yesterday. Manual. Please see the numbers. Did I get taken or did I do ok?
    I was stressed and sleep deprived so it did not go very smooth. Tier C credit bumped to TierB per the dealership. They said my MF was 00054. Thanks!image

The numbers are all dead on.. Assuming MSRP of $19,715?

Tier B is .00030 higher than Tier A, which is .00024 on this model, so that is correct.. Residual is 54% of MSRP, which is correct for 36mo, 12K/yr lease.

$500 due at signing and 35 more payments of $220/mo. seems like a very good lease payment. I don't follow the market for Jettas, but there is $1250 of lease cash on that model, so it looks like you got an additional discount of about $1050, in addition to the lease cash.. If you are happy with the selling price, it doesn't look like there are any hidden costs in there...

Good job!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

MSRP is sticker price plus destination,correct? sticker is 18895, destination is 820. It adds up.
    All i wanted was not be taken to the cleaners by a car dealer. Happy to hear that I did alright.
    I had some idea about the math but not enough and don't have much real experience in car buying. I was already sleep deprived and stressed out when I got to the dealership. I couldn't focus on the lease agreement to double check the numbers properly.

I was very reluctant about signing anything until I fully understood the total damage. They had mentioned 1000 down over the phone which I understood to go towards the 36 months payment of $215 and govt fees but apparently that was not the case.They agreed for $500(traded in my late 90s saab 900 towards the $500) after I was ready to walk out. So the payment became $220
    plus the fees. It was not the smoothest deal but a good learning experience. There are very few M/T 1.8 SE around in the SF Bay Area. Either there is light demand or they are selling good.

Thanks for the analysis.!!

BTW, what do you mean by the selling price? Is it the residual? .Thanks!

Yes, MSRP for lease purposes is the bottom line on the sticker, which includes destination.

I was actually referring to the gross cap cost on your document, but now that I look, the actual selling price is $16707... with rest of the amount being acquisition fee, etc... So, more like a $1750 discount, besides the lease cash..

In my experience, car buying is never easy... my goal is to not let anything get by me, and come up with a fair deal.. and, if the stars are aligned, maybe a great deal.. Looks like you did that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mrpottymrpotty Member Posts: 15

Just leased a '14 Jetta S automatic for 3 years/12k miles a year. Put nothing down at all (all fees and tax rolled in) and ended up at $229 a month. Credit score is in the low 700's Did I get screwed?

Cap cost was somewhere around $16,750 and the buy out is $10,252. We have an 8 percent sales tax here, $75 doc fee, $625 acquisition.. rate said ".00010." at least i got the monster mats, trunk mat, and first aid kit :)

Thanks!

• iwantacarnowiwantacarnow Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2014

Thanks for all of this info...it's very helpful! I'm looking to lease a Volkswagen Jetta SE with Connectivity (with or without sunroof/black exterior and interior) in the SoCal area. I was just quoted something that sounds like a good deal but I wanted to make sure that it was in fact a good deal and that I don't jump the gun. Would you mind telling me what you think?

2014 VW Jetta SE with Connectivity & Sunroof (black exterior/interior): (1) $2000 down + $236.81/month for 35 months; (2) Lease Price = $20,895; (3) Net Cap Cost = 20,222.74; (4) Of the $2000 down $1297.26 of it consists of capital cost reductions; (5) Residual Value = 52%; (6) Money Factor = .000240 on approved credit (base on A tier). Plus 2 years maintenance and 3 year warranty.

That looks pretty good.. I calculate about $5/mo less than that, but close enough..

I don't see any need to make the CAP cost reduction, though... The money factor is dirt cheap (less than 0.6% equivalent). If you rolled that $1300 into the lease, your due at signing would only be $700, and your payment would be about $37/mo. more...

I'm assuming $20,895 is the MSRP? If not, give me the MSRP and I'll start over.. lol. Also, what about tax?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I second the no need for CAP cost reduction. I was on C tier bumped to B. I was out the door with 500 down which included the TTL fees,and the first months's payment. On A tier you have more leverage I think.

I emailed (set up email just for car shopping) 30 dealers near my zip (100 mile radius) from the contact us page on the dealer websites where you have to enter a phone number (GV number comes handy). 10 or so gave quotes by email, first within 45 minutes of sending email.. Others said to call them or visit the dealership. I had specified to contact me by email still many called which went to voice mail.

If you are going for A/T it will be easier i think. There were only a few M/T of my trim level available.

(BTW, on M/T reverse and first are next to each other which is a bit dangerous imho. I almost hit other vehicles multiple time mistaking the gears. On my old saab first and reverse were diagonally opposite. I am trying to get used to the new configuration.)

• alwayslol1984alwayslol1984 Member Posts: 1

Hello Host! Can you please provide money factor and residual information for the GLI? Also, are there any dealer incentives I should know about? Thanks!

@alwayslol1984 said:
    Hello Host! Can you please provide money factor and residual information for the GLI? Also, are there any dealer incentives I should know about? Thanks!

.00087 MF and 56% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx and @rjc5 thanks for the help! Turns out the guy never responded back to my additional questions (wth?!) so I had to get another quote from another dealer. I received quotes for two models this time: 2014 SE conn/sun (auto)and 2014 SEL (auto). Per your recommendation, I asked for quotes for both $500 down and $2000 down. Soooooo what do you think of these quotes? I'm trying to the get the vehicle selling price down to $20165 for the SE because that's what the base price is on TrueCar. Am I asking for too much? Should I go for it??!!

SE.jpg 79.9K
    SEL.jpg 105.6K

@kyfdx One more question! If the destination charge isn't listed on a quote should I assume that it has already been included in the vehicle selling price? So in the quotes above for the VW SE $500 down am I to assume that vehicle selling price is actually $20698 + $820 = $21518? Or will be stuck with paying the $820 somewhere else?

Well.. all quotes should include the destination charge.. But, that doesn't mean you should assume it's in there. A lot of dealers work very hard to hide the real price.. you have to be vigilant.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited February 2014

Based on my very limited knowledge and experience I think the deal with the 500 due at signing is great for A/T, SE w/connectivity and sunroof with 15k miles/year. Total out by lease end will be about 9110, (246*36+254), plus lease end fee of 350. I don't get the Tax on collected items amount of 160 though. Think it should be a little bit less. But it is a small amount. Watch out for the Total of Payments(Amount you will have paid by the end of the lease) box on the lease agreement (Should total out to 9110+350).

You may be able to bring the numbers down a little bit if you haggle on the selling price i think or by checking with more dealerships... which takes time and effort. They should be able to waive the $254 at the least by bringing the selling price down. But the fact that they gave the breakdown (instead of the 4 square worksheet) of the numbers including the money factor in writing is a good sign for me. That is pretty transparent imo.

I see advertised! sale price in my area (norcal) for 19255(with president's day sale) but not sure how that works out for a lease.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,515

hmm, some of the #s are really low. Son just got his first car post-college. a 3/36 on an SE C+S. absolutely nothing at signing, then 35 @$285 including NJ tax. DMV/doc fees rolled in up front also. maybe not the lowest anyone got, but he was happy with it.

I know the MF was .00034.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421

@kyfdx

Can you tell me the lease rates & money factors (36 months/15K per year) for the following:

2014 Jetta SE w/ Connectivity & Sunroof (6-Speed Automatic)
    2014 Jetta TDI w/ Premium (6-Speed DSG)

Thanks as always for your help my friend!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Current numbers are only effective through today.... Might want to wait for a few days, and see what we get.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I'll wait then. You know I'm not looking to do anything until Labor Day Weekend anyway. Just looking for some numbers to mach up a lease for myself. I'm really curious to see how much more a TDI would cost me over the course of a 3 year lease. I think the SE is going to end up cheaper all the way around, especially with diesel costs being so high right now compared to RUG where I live in CT. I paid $3.799 for RUG the other day & noticed Diesel was at $4.499 per gallon.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Bradd you copycat. I am waiting on the Golf. Should be a nicer package. And more European. And yeah TDI Will cost you a lot more per month.

I thought you weren't doing a. Lease on the next car? I'm getting so confused

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

@stickguy said:
    Bradd you copycat. I am waiting on the Golf. Should be a nicer package. And more European. And yeah TDI Will cost you a lot more per month.

I thought you weren't doing a. Lease on the next car? I'm getting so confused

Me too. I don't think the math works out in favor of diesel on a lease. I think you'd need to keep the car for 5 years or more before you start saving money, especially with the fuel price delta in CT. Here in CO, RUG is $3.539 while ULSD is $3.799.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

You don't get the diesel to save money on ST running costs. You get it for LT keeper reasons or if you drive huge highway miles. But mostly because you like the experience.

• cuyahogacusecuyahogacuse Member Posts: 1
    Can you provide current March 2014 residual and MF for the 2014 GLI Autobahn w/o navigation (assume best credit), along with current incentives?

Lease would be 3yr/10k.

Thank you

@stickguy

My wife's "new normal" mileage on her Pilot is going to be closer to 12K. So (theoretically), I could lease a car with 15K per year and split the driving between the new car, her Pilot, & my Prelude (weather & traffic permitting). I plan on using the cheap lease payment to show a more favorable debt to income ratio to the bank when I refinance my house.

that could work. Or buy something a few years old and not worry about being tied to the lease. In either case, spreading the miles around makes sense. I am trying to do that now with my TL, since that is so miled up already it is like "found money", and with all the emergency trips I was doing (and not having a 2nd car for the last 8 months) the RDX was piling them up fast.

This discussion has been closed.