Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, viberantmind.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Tim. The $750 VW Credit incentive is listed in the incentives section of Edmunds.com. You can see if by clicking on the following link: Jetta Incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi nupeskee1. Through July 8th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Jetta GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00068 and 51%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher. When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $750 VW Credit bonus cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi sdazzo213. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments when leasing. People who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. One of the great things about leasing is being able to drive off in a new vehicle without having to pay much at signing. Sure, your monthly payment will be higher if you don't make a capitalized cost reduction, but you can always keep the money that you would have used as a down payment in the bank earning interest and use it to supplement or make a number of your monthly payments.

I would be happy to estimate what sort of monthly payment a zero down lease of the car that you are interested in would have, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi birdfan1. Volkswagen had a special enhanced regional lease in your area in May, but I believe that its June lease program (which is scheduled to run through July 8th) is national.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bvdj84. I am not personally all that familiar with what insurance rates are like on the Jetta, but you may be able to get an idea from other community members who own this car by visiting the "Volkswagen Jetta 2006+" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • smanziano1smanziano1 Member Posts: 11
    I'm planning on leasing a 2007 Wolfsburg Automatic. I was wondering if you could give me the buy rate lease money factor and residual value. I plan on doing 12,000 miles per year. Is there any discount for the Wolfsburg Edition still available. Looking at something like this.

MSRP $21,175.00
    Invoice $20,047.00
    Price I am trying to get - Final $19,547.00

What do you think my best Lease Price will be or what should I ask for. Thanks in Advance for your help.
    Arlington1, I am also shopping for the 2007 Wolfsburg. Can you tell me what deal you winded up getting for your car ? I am seeing the dealer tomorrow in NJ and want to throw some numbers at him if I know what the car should be going for....thanks.
    Conneen, I am looking at the same exact vehichle, same terms. What did you wind up getting your lease for ? Just curious on what I should ask for tomorrow when I am at the dealer...thanks.
    bgro...thanks for your posting. So your montly payment came out to $255.96(tax included) a month. I am going back to my dealer tomorrow in NJ and am hoping to throw the same numbers at him for the Wolfsburg...
  • gf2020gf2020 Member Posts: 49
    Anyone know if the lease money factors or residuals changed after July 8th?

I'm interested in a 36 month, 15K miles per year lease on a '07 Jetta Wolfsburg with manual transmission.
  • vlagosvlagos Member Posts: 1
    Carman,
    I am looking to lease an '07 Jetta 2.5L (Salsa red with Package 1). I am looking for current MF and residual values 36 months for both 10K/year and 12K/year. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • movinglpmovinglp Member Posts: 2
    Hi! I'm leasing a car for the first time, so any help would be much appreciated. =) I'm interested in leasing the Jetta Wolfsburg (36mth/36K miles). If anyone has recently leased this car, would you mind sharing the deal you got? Also, if anyone knows of the lease numbers in August for this car, that would be great too.

I'm hoping to put $0 down at signing. What would be a rough estimate of the monthly payment in a reasonable deal (I'm in California)?

Thank you!
    Here you go, smanziano1. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg with 12,000 miles per year are .00098 and 60%, respectively.

I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment would be like on this car for you, but I think that you are being a little overly optimistic about the selling price that you are going to be able to negotiate. The lease cash that Volkswagen is providing on most Jetta models is not available on Wolfsburgs. I suspect that $500 over invoice is a more realistic target price. Using the above lease program, an MSRP of $21,175, and a selling price of $20,547, I estimate that this car's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $251.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi gf2020. Please see my previous post for this car's current lease program. Its 15,000 mile per year residual value is 2% lower than its 12,000 mile per year residual.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, vlagos. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jetta 2.5L with 12,000 miles per year are .00113 and 58%, respectively. The residual value for a lease of this car with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $750 lease cash that VW iss providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome movinglp. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on your new Jetta is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the one that you want and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your monthly payment using VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor of .00098. I would be happy to estimate what your monthly payment should be like on the Jetta that you are interested in if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • movinglpmovinglp Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man! The full MSRP is $20,535 + $640 dest charge = 21,175. The best selling price I was able to locate so far is $20,547. What would you estimate the monthly payment to be? Thanks for your help!!! =)
  • scotesscotes Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

I saw you posted the MF/residual for August for the 2007 Wolfsburg but do you have them for the 2.0t and GLI for August? Any difference if manuel or auto? I was quoted .00150 and 53%/12k, 51%/15k on a 2.0t auto. Thanks!
  • ipip316ipip316 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man:

Went to NYC local dealer today and got a quote for 2007 VW Jetta Wolfburg Auto.with spoiler white color and here is the quote:

Sales price: $20982.00 (Dealer claims $100 over invoice but it is much higher than listed in edmund)

Money factor: 0.00098
    Terms: 30 months
    Miles: 12k per year
    Res. value: 60%

total out of pocket including tax, bank's fee, 1st payment: ~$1980

monthly payment: $297.17

is that a good deal? and how come the invoice for dealer is higher than the listed invoice price in edmunds?

Thank you
  • drengadrenga Member Posts: 11
    I am deciding between beginning either a 36 or 48 month lease on a 2007 jetta Wolfsberg (internet price 19583) and would really appreciate figures on the money factor and residual value. Thank you!
  • denibeans63denibeans63 Member Posts: 1
    HI. I am a new member and really need help! My lease (balloon - I am in NY state) is up on my jetta GLX V6) in December (last payment due). As I understand my options they are :
    1) sell (which I am trying to do via kelly bb and e bay (useless!), and craigs list
    2) trade in (not an option - we have 2 other cars
    3) buy (no way, never again with a VW)
    4) turn in (I would like to fo - but have questions)
    My understanding of turning in based on what I have read is that they are very picky about condition of car when it is turned in. My dealer has informed me that I need to meet with them for a pre-inspection and that VW also will have an inspection about 2 months before turn in date.

My first problem is that I was allowed 48,000 miles and I have driven as of now 61,000 - so .15 per mile over.

My other concern is about the car itself: windows are tinted and have some light scratches in the back from dogs, the driver side rim is bent slightly, someone did a "brush and run " in a parking lot nd there are light paint scuffs on the back by the rear tire (no body damage, just paint), the fuse that turns on the door light when it is ajar is not working ($ 267.00 to fix), and the hinge from the center console is missing). The car itself mechanically is in good condition, and has been regularly servied and maintained by the dealer. I am just worried how much aI am going to get "dinged" (to use a nice word) by the dealer or VW for all these other things on top of the mileage overage? Is it better to have them fixed first or does it not matter? I owe $ 12,700 on the car. I am thinking about turning it in now (I would still have to pay on the outstanding lease), because I don't want one more thing going wrong before december that I would have to pay for (it seems every month something has been going on - $ 500 here, $ 600 there....

And, do they bill you for all this and you can pay it off, or do you have to pay all at once before you turn it in?

Thanks and sorry for such a long post! PlEASE HELP!!! My husband just lost his job and I am really concerned that we are going to come out of this owing a ton of money....
  • mooseman923mooseman923 Member Posts: 3
    Hi. Im buying a new 2008 Jetta 2.5 SE in a few days. Could someone run the numbers on this car. The List Price is $21760. I am looking to get a 48 month lease with 10,000 miles per year.

Also does anyone know of Volkswagen;s process of being aproved for a lease?

a speedy reply would be very appreciated!

thanks
    No problem, movinglp. Let's work up a lease payment on the car that you are interested in and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg that has an MSRP of $21,175 and a selling price of $20,547 through Volkswagen Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $273.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the latest lease programs for the cars that you are interested in, scotes. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jetta 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00083 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Jetta GLI are .00085 and 49%, respectively. If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher. Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of both of these models through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ipip316. $100 over dealer invoice is a very good price for a leased '07 VW Jetta Wolfsburg, but you mentioned that the invoice price the dealer is using does not match up with the one that is available here at Edmunds.com. How much higher is it? Perhaps the dealer is including some sort of advertising charge or dealer fee in the price that they quoted you.

Car_man
    Host

P.S. VW Credit's buy rate lease money factor for this car is now .00080.
    Here you go, drenga. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg with 15,000 miles per year are .00080 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease .00138 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome denibeans63. I am sorry to hear about your husband losing her job. Where have you read that Volkswagen is very picky about the condition of leased vehicles that are returned at lease-end? I have actually found that most manufacturers' captive finance companies, like Volkswagen Credit, are fairly reasonable when evaluating leased vehicles for excess wear and tear. It is in their best interest to be very fair. If they are unreasonable, they will make lessees mad and cost their parent company a potential future sale. You can see exactly what VW Credit considers to be excess wear and tear by clicking on the following link: VW Credit Wear and Use Policy. If the person who does the inspection on your vehicle notices the bent rim, there is definitely a good chance that you will get penalized for it. I would not be surprised if they let the small scratches on the windows and the paint on the tire slide.

The only way for you to get out of paying an excess mileage penalty on your car is to purchase it or trade it in. Given the fact that your car probably is not worth more than its end of term purchase price, you will probably be best off just turning it and paying the mileage penalty.

While the policy on this matter varies from bank to bank, most banks just send you a bill for any excess mileage and wear and tear rather than charging for it when a vehicle is returned. If you paid a security deposit at lease signing, you will be able to apply that towards any charges that you have to pay.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings mooseman923. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you. You never mentioned its selling price, so for now I will assume that you will be able to negotiate a $500 discount on this car (there really isn't much of a margin in it for dealers). According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Jetta 2.5 SE that has an MSRP of $21,760 and a selling price of $21,260 through VW Credit right now for 48 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $276.

Car_man
    Host
  • niclaf77niclaf77 Member Posts: 40
    hi,

we are looking to lease a 2008 jetta within the next couple of days and need some guidance. We are in NJ, looking for a 36-39 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. We are looking at either a standard or 2.5 (can't yet determine what the difference b/w the two is, so if anyone can fill me in). i am looking for money factors and residuals on these.

also, is the $750 incentive offered on these vehicles and if so, is that after you negotiate to about $500 over invoice (therefore $250 under invoice)?

lastly, i want to put $0 down - what should i expect to pay upfront other than the first month payment (what fees are legitimate)?

thanks to anyone who can offer me some help as quickly as possible!
  • csugarmcsugarm Member Posts: 1
    I've been bargaining back and forth with a VW dealership regarding a lease agreement. They're quoting me a 10,000 mile/year lease on a 2008 automatic Jetta SE. The thing is, I drive at least 15,000 miles/year - probably upwards of 18 - 20. They said that they will put in writing that they'll buy me out at the end of the lease (36 months) and that I won't be responsible for the miles that I've exceeded.

But my question to them was - why would you do that, it doesn't make sense? His answer was because he really needs to make the sale and it's the only way that he can convince me. My mother is purchasing a 2008 Beetle as well, so this is a 2 car deal at the end of the month/quarter. Does this seem reasonable or is there something I'm missing that's going to cost me in the end? I haven't sat down and actually gone through the entire agreement yet. Any help would be much appreciated - I've never leased before.

Thank you!
    please disregard my previous post. here is what we are looking for now after going to a dealership today.
    2008 Volkswagen Jetta S with sunroof and alloy wheels or the 2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE.
    we live in NJ
    want to put $0 down
    36-39 months/12,000 miles
    my husband's credit is not the greatest so it will probably be tier 2 - not 1

what are the money factors and residuals for these cars?
    also, what should we be paying upfront? they told us with all fees, etc. it would be like $1800. i know i did not pay close to that when i leased my audi. can you give me a breakdown of what fees are legit and approximate amounts?
    also, they said we should pay all tax upfront, is that a good idea?

lastly, are there any incentives currently being offered and if so, are those after you negotiate to about $500 over invoice?

thanks for any help you can give us!
  • beyondbrowsbeyondbrows Member Posts: 1
    Went to Volkswagon dealership in stuart florida for a lease on a 2007 or 2008 jetta with a pkg 2. 12,000 miles per year with .20 a mile for overage. We were putting 6,000.00 down. For a 2007 GL 2.5. 36 month lease. Sticker price was 25,875. They gave us a price of 219.per month. taxes included. Plus we pay 550.00 for a damage policy covering up to 5,000.for wear and tear and a 475.return fee at end of lease. Fees taken out of 6000.00 were taxes, tags, dealer fees.
    The dealership in West Palm Beach had a 2007 2.O GL turbo same as above but monthly price was 225.Sticker price was 28,675.
    Isn't the 219 or 225 high considering we were putting 6000. down? Whats your opinion? Thanks for your help.
    okay, i hope this is my last post regarding this. we went to another dealer on monday night and tried to work out a deal on a 2008 jetta s with alloy wheels and sunroof. the dealer indicated that the residual is 60% whereas the first dealer told us it was more like 50% but would not give us an actual number. at the first dealer, the money factor was approximately .00113 but again he would not tell us the number when i asked but this is what i saw written in his notes. the second dealer told us the money factor was .00225. these are big differences and clearly someone is being dishonest. can someone please tell me what the residual and money factor is on this vehicle in nj with 36/39 months and 12,000 miles per year. i am getting so frustrated at this point. :mad:

also, this is assuming tier 1 credit now. and is it true that if you are tier 1 that the bank (acquisition fee) will be waived? this is what the second dealer told us.

thanks and sorry for all of the questions!
  • jvosjvos Member Posts: 91
    Can anyone tell me what the October money factor and residual is on a 2008 Jetta @36mo/15K miles? Is there any incentive cash or is that on 2007s only?
    What is a reasonable price to expect over invoice? Thanks.
    Hi niclaf77. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jetta 2.5 S with 12,000 miles per year are .00220 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are interestingly exactly the same.

Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2008 Jetta. The $500 over dealer invoice that you mentioned is a good target price to shoot for.

This car's monthly payment will vary depending upon the MSRP and selling price of the exact model that you want. I would be happy to estimate what your monthly payment would be on it if you provide me with these numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi csugarm. Definitely do not lease a car with only 10,000 miles per year if you drive 18,000 to 20,000 annually :surprise: . I don't know what this dealership is trying to pull, but you definitely are going to owe a huge excess mileage penalty at the end of a lease like this. Even if the dealership is going to "buy you out" of your car, chances are it will mean that you have to purchase or lease another vehicle through them and that you will be getting a worse than normal deal on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey niclaf77. A couple of messages back I posted the information for the 2008 Jetta S. The numbers for a lease of a 2008 Jetta SE are practically the same. Its residual values are identical and its money factor is slightly higher at .00223.

At lease signing, consumers who lease through Volkswagen credit have to pay their vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, a $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. I personally would rather roll the sales tax into my monthly payment than pay it up front. If your car is stolen or totaled in an accident, if you paid all of the sales tax at lease signing it is unlikely that you will get it back.

As I mentioned in my previous post, Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on this car. As a result, $500 over dealer invoice is a good target price to shoot for.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings beyondbrows. Let begin by saying that $6,000 is way too much money to put down on a leased vehicle. I always advise consumers who want to lease not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction. Those who do make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

I would be happy to estimate how much a $0 down lease on this car would cost you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its selling price. This is a very important number for you as a consumer to know anyhow. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without knowing what this car's selling price is, it is difficult to tell how much of a discount you are being given on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi niclaf77. Please see my responses to your previous posts for the money factors and residual values that you're looking for. I do not believe that VW Credit will waive its $575 acquisition fee for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jvos. Volkswagen's lease program for the 2008 Jetta varies by trim level. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 2.5 S. Let me know if you want something different. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '08 Jetta 2.5 S with 15,000 miles per year are .00220 and 58%, respectively. Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on this model. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice. Stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Volkswagen Jetta Prices Paid and Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • vero277vero277 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there. I'm very new to this so your website is very helpful! Esp since I'm a female (30 yrs old) and have never bought my own car before so I'm nervous after having heard so many horror stories about car salesmen taking advantage of women thinking they don't know anything!

Anyway, I work for a VW vendor so therefore the agreement allows us to get a car at the dealer price. I have an appt with one of the general managers of a dealership in Miami, FL coming up so I just wanted to go in with some background info to make sure I'm getting a good deal.

They currently have the "sign&drive" program where I don't have to put any money down or pay the first month. I don't have a preference for a particular Jetta model, but just not looking to spend too much money and don't need all the extras/fully loaded/etc. Ideally, I'd love to have my payments under $200/month if at all possible and my credit is really good, if that matters. So my questions are:

1. How can I find out what the "dealer price" is so I know that's what he's offering me?
    2. What options/room do I have to negotiate if they're already giving me the dealer price?
    3. I'm responsible for "tax, title, license and other fees", would you have any idea how much that would add up to?
    4. How much do you think I would need to bring with me if I were to lease the car that same day?

Thanks for all your help!
  • breachbreach Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,
    Okay, So, I got 3 good (?) deals from my local dealers in Phoenix and I am not sure how to proceed. I am trying to lease a 08 Jetta SE Automatic (w/ no addtl add ons). Expecting to 1) pay no money down, 2) 36 months/12k miles a year, and 3) I have a credit score of 705. Here is what they are offering me each.

North Scottsdale (only have upgrade with spoiler+mats)
    -MSRP: $22,139
    -Sale Price $20,730 (He said 500 below invoice)
    -His quote is 324.80+tax ($351.11 total)

Berge Service Center (base SE)
    -MSRP: $21,475
    -Sale Price: $20,775 (he said at invoice)
    -His quote is $319+tax ($343.00 total)

Chapman VW (base SE)
    -MSRP: $21,660
    -Sale Price: 21,250
    -His quote is $300.52+tax ($324.00 total)

Okay. Obviously, the best sale price is North Scottsdale (especially given addtl items). However, cheapest monthly payment is $324 with Chapman. But, that doesn't make sense. Why is North Scottsdale monthly payment more expensive (with cheaper final sale price)? I contacted all 3 for exact break down of price (via email) and of course, I get the run around with confusing, parts, or misinformation. So here are my questions to you, Carman.

1) With your earlier postings, I calculated my monthly payments to be ~270+tax, what do you have on each of these dealerships?

2) I'm inclined to tell Berge and N. Scottsdale of the $324 total at Chapman, see if they can beat it. If not, simply go to Chapman, ask for the quoted $324 total per month for 36 months, 12k miles per year, and 0 down and call it a day. Walk out if they change or add a penny to the price. What do you think?

Cant buying and/or leasing new cars be simple?

Thanks in advance.
    Simple
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    What are current rates and residuals on a 2008 SE automatic and SEL with and without nav for 3 years and 45K miles?
    How much do they charge for acquisition fees, disposition fees, security deposits, extra mileage and any other fees?
  • adschaiadschai Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I'm wondering how much I should pay for this before TTL? Is $18K a good price? And do you know how much GAP insurance should be around for this car?
  • sandpapersandpaper Member Posts: 60
    Hi there, here'a deal I got while talking with the internet manager via email:
    Jetta SE Automatic
    39 months, 15k/year
    Monthly payment: 307.47 (including tax)
    187.25 due at lease signing (license, title fees, etc)
    Is this a good deal?
    I don't know whether I should go with this or not. I am young, and I cannot know where I'll be living in 3 years. Hm.
  • vectra721vectra721 Member Posts: 9
    Quick question. Is the current money factor for a 2008 Jetta SE still at .00223?

Many Thanks!
    Welcome to Edmunds.com, vero277. I;m glad that you find the information that is available here so helpful. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You can look up the dealer invoice price of the car that you are interested in by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. If you are already being given this car at dealer invoice, there really isn't much room to negotiate. As far as how much money to bring with you when you go to lease your car goes, you would be better off bringing your check book or credit card instead of cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • vectra721vectra721 Member Posts: 9
    MSRP = $21,475

selling price= $20,583

24 months/12k miles per year: $334.25 plus tax = $357.65, first payment due at signing

Is this a good leasing deal?? Can someone calculate money factor and residual based on this offer? I would greatly appreciate it. I'm so frustrated by this whole experience.

Thanks, guys.
  • ulasozcelikulasozcelik Member Posts: 31
    Can we get the updated figures for money factor and residual value for 2008 Jetta S, SE and SEL(s) / 12K & 15K.

Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.