Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• amarin76amarin76 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, Car_man. 3year 36k miles.
  • vwgregvwgreg Member Posts: 22
    a 680-690 will usually be scored a b tier with vw credit. there is some dependency there regarding debt to income ratio, loan to value ratio and previous car loans
  • psfootepsfoote Member Posts: 2
    3yr/36,000 Zero out of pocket.
    22,893 MSRP
    22,293 (their sales offer)
    .00054 MF
    53% residual

Edmunds shows invoice at 21,500 what should i be able to get it for?

I live in Tampa Bay, FL

thanks!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I am assuming your doing a lease on an SE, not an S model?

The SE is a great model.
  • psfootepsfoote Member Posts: 2
    Yes, sorry, its an SE
  • sjeedsjeed Member Posts: 120
    Car_Man: What are the respective lease money factors and residuals for a 2009 Jetta Sedan models SE, SEL & TDI? The lease term would be 36 months, 12K or 10K miles per year, and I am in Northern California. Also, are the cash incentives of $750 (AT) and $1,250 (manual) still out there? Thank you!
    Well, it looks like they have an Autobahn summer event. Looked it up, and it doesn't look like an event to me. Flattering payments, but with a huge chunk of $$ down.

Looks to me they haven't really made anything more appealing than before.

If they offered deals like back in the spring of 08, then I could have gotten a Passat Komfort for cheaper than a Jetta. I am so waiting for a deal like that, because that could help me get out of my current lease.

The better the deal, the better it helps me out in general with my trade.

But, I think VW is doing fine, but at least offer 1 month of good deals.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, amarin76. The money factor for a lease with 12,000 miles per year is the same, but its residual value is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi sjeed. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Sedan SE or SEL with 12,000 miles per year are .00068 and 52%, respectively. If you were to lease either of these cars with only 10,000 miles per year, their residual value would be 1% higher.

Volkswagen is not currently providing any lease support on the Jetta TDI.

The cash incentives that you mentioned are indeed still available on leases of Jetta Sedans.

Car_man
    Host
  • treasureshelltreasureshell Member Posts: 4
    Currently I have 7 months left on a 39-month lease of 2007 VW Jetta (Value Edition). I am 400 under the allowed mileage so I will be over by at least 7000 miles by the time I am done.

Called several VW dealers and asked about trade-in/early turn-in/new lease.....I got one favorable work-out but I like to know what you guys (the experts) think.

Total payoff on 07 Jetta: $13K
    Current value on trade-in based on KBB: $10K (38,500 miles)
    Residual: $11K
    Remaining payments: 7month @ $270 (including tax)

Dealer is offering me:

1) They will purchase my 07 Jetta for the entire payoff amount ($13k).
    2) No lease return fee of $350
    3) I lease a new 2010 California Edition Jetta with $0 security deposit
    4) My out of pocket expense at signing will be $1,000
    5) My monthly payment is $319 (including tax) I have asked for 15K/year mileage allowance this time...so I don't get in trouble for over mileage again.

My current FICO Score is 696, the dealer told me I am tier "C".

Do you think I can negotiate a better deal? or is this a fair trade?
  • passat_mxpassat_mx Member Posts: 32
    Car_man,
    Can you let me know the market lease terms for a 12/36 lease on a jetta wolfsburg? I'm in Southern California. Thanks.
  • blaurenceblaurence Member Posts: 4
    Hi, could you give me the buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the VW SW TDI? both 12000 and 15000 -- not sure which will be offered.
    Thanks!
  • rmsnycrmsnyc Member Posts: 3
    Car Man-

can you provide me with some info to verify the $750 cash incentive on a lease of a jetta with auto? I mentioned it to my VW dealer and he acted like i was making it up.

What info can i present to him that will verify there is this cash incentive? Its not like VW mentions it on their website...

i have already worked out a deal- and would love to have $750 knocked off of the down payment.

thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for, passat_mx. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Wolfsburg Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00152 and 54%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the cash incentives that are currently available on leases of it, $750 on Jetta Sedans with AT and $1,250 on Sedans with MT, into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello blaurence. Volkswagen is not currently providing any lease support on the diesel Jetta SportWagon. You probably do not want to lease this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rmsnyc. If the dealer that you're working with lies right to your face like that, you may want to consider shopping around and finding a different dealer rather than jumping through hoops to try to prove to him that it really exists when he has to know that it does. The $750 cash incentive on leases of '09 Jetta Sedans with automatic transmissions definitely exists.

Car_man
    Host
    Ok, thanks.

The deal we worked out is this:

36/10k, $2400 down, incl 1st mnths pmt and all dealer fees, $245/mo including tax. I was approved for 'B' tier credit.

This is for a Jetta SE auto with ipod, bluetooth, mats, and 17" wheels.

Do you think this deal is good without the $750 incentive? (i.e., maybe he's already including the incentive) or do you think theres more room to reduce the price by $750 to allow me to take advantage of the incentive.

thanks!
    With $0 down you should be about $320 give or take. That down payment went where? I really hope you didn't sign anything. Only 10k miles?

Usually with a selling price of about $20-21k your about $299-320 per month.
    12k mile lease.

$1k=$20-30 off your payment.

I would start off with a $0 down first, never mention the down until later.
    What was your sale price?

I don't like this deal. I drive the 08 Jetta SE, and this is not too good of a deal.
    bvdj84,

well $320 minus the 245/mo im paying is a $75/mo difference, or $2700 total . And im only putting 2400 down. So isnt that a better deal than your proposed $320/mo and 0 down?

am i not understanding this correctly? please advise if i am missing something here as i do want to get a good deal.

please also note i was not approved for the A tier credit so i have the B tier. also that 245/mo includes tax, and the 2400 down includes 1st months pmt, dealer fees, bank fee, registration, etc.

please let me know how i could improve this deal. My sales price is $1600 under invoice.
    thanks!
  • blaurenceblaurence Member Posts: 4
    Is the 2010 Jetta sportwagen TDI likely to come out with good lease support or should we just switch to looking at buying? thanks!
    You should keep your money in the bank, and just pay the true lease payment. That is a lot of money to put into a lease. You are getting nothing in return, other than a lower payment. Not by much though either.

So either way... I think of better ways to use the $2,400. Keep that in the bank.
    No offense, realistically if that payment makes or breaks your deal in wanting the car. Then the lease is too expensive for you to begin with... Just speaking bluntly. Put money down to offset it is not smart. Even though, its so tempting.

You may have slightly higher payment, been then you'll have more in the bank.
    I would feel much better.

Either way, I think you got a good deal. Just now its up to you to put money down.

Just be careful, once you sign, its done!
  • gwen251gwen251 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am looking to lease a VW Jetta SEL from a dealership in Ardmore, PA. Is the $750 cash incentive still being offered. They did not include it in the numbers they gave me. Also, can anyone tell me what a good monthly payment is on this with $1,000 down, 36 months, $12K a year. I am a single girl and I know they see $$$ signs when I walk in the door!
    Thanks!
  • derek07840derek07840 Member Posts: 2
    I owned a '07 GTI (loved it), but it was coming out of lease and I now needed a larger car w/ an automatic. So while the Altima/Accord were the main two targets, we looked at a Jetta to see if we could get a good deal.

I was shocked at the 'best' the VW dealership could do on a new SE Jetta. They wanted $1,500 down and $350 a month for 36 months/15K miles on a car stickered at $23,000.

The Accord we bought was also stickered at $23,000 and the same lease as above was for $299 a month and $699 down (including 1st payment).

If you really like the Jetta, then go for it - just know that you can get a better deal with a different car. When I leased my GTI I know I paid a premium to get it, but at that point in time my situation was different.
  • kellihkellih Member Posts: 6
    Car_man,

Can you tell me the current lease factor and resid value for a 2009 Jetta SE with 10K miles/yr? Are there cash incentives I should be aware of too?

I'm assuming it's still not worth it to lease a TDI?

Many thanks,
    kellihm
  • bossy22bossy22 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

I'm looking to lease a 2009 Jetta S for 36 months/15K miles in Central NJ. Can you tell me if I'm getting a good deal with the following quote: $19,014 sale price; current lease factor = .00117; residual = 50%; $298 monthly payment (includes taxes); $1302 down (first month, doc fees-$197, acquisition fee-$575, motor vehicle-$232?

Thank you
    Hi Car_man,

A small change to my question: looking for lease factors and resid values on a 2009 Jetta SE, SEL, and TDI for a 36-month lease, 10K miles. Any cash incentives to take into consideration?

Many thanks,
    kellih
    Hi kellihm. Here's the information that you're looking for. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Sedan SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00068 and 53%, respectively.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of 2009 Jetta Sedans with automatic transmissions and $1,250 on leases of Jetta Sedans with manual transmissions through VW Credit.

While VW has traditionally not provided much in the way of lease support on the TDI, it does have a special money factor available on it right now, albeit one that is much higher than its special factor on non-diesel models.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey boss. What is this car's full MSRP? This number would be very helpful to know because it will show me how much of a discount you are being given on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again kellihm. Here's the rest of the info that you're interested in. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Sedan SEL with 10,000 miles per year are .00068 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Jetta Sedan TDI are .00257 and 54%

As I mentioned before, Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of 2009 Jetta Sedans with automatic transmissions and $1,250 on leases of Jetta Sedans with manual transmissions through VW Credit. This cash is not available on TDI models.

Car_man
    Host
  • bossy22bossy22 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply, Car_man. The MSRP is $19,514.
    Thanks Car_man! One more question - can you tell me current lease factor and residual value for a 2009 Jetta Wolfsburg, 36-month, 10K/yr?

Many thanks,
    kellihm
  • leaseismoreleaseismore Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,
    Can you please tell me the current residual and money factor on a 2009 Jetta SE automatic for 3 years, 12K miles/year?
    I am looking at a negotiated price of $19,447 (19,497 plus 700 freight less 750 rebate), $1500 down including first months payment, and I believe they quoted me about $246 per month. I am located in Alexandria, VA. What do you think??
    Also, the salesman said "If I apply the dealer rebate of $500 you will then get the standard money factor/lease rate of .00370." This doesnt seem like an accurate statement on his part.

BTW, you are doing everyone such an awesome service here...my salesman was seriously surprised (not happily) that I knew so much, and I was able to negotiate a better deal. Thank you!
  • badduckbadduck Member Posts: 1
    car_man

Thanks for providing us the leasing information. Its been a great help and a tool to bargain against the car dealers.

Question:
    -------------
    Need MF and Residual for the following lease:

Model: Jetta S
    Mileage: 10k per year
    Term: 24 months

Neg 1k below invoice, 0.00097 (MF) and 60% residual. Thoughts?

Thanks.
  • txaggie91txaggie91 Member Posts: 1
    car_man - your information is great. It's safe to say, we appreciate your work.

Regarding VW Credit's lease money factor, is that based on a certain credit rating? I thought VW had an A-tier and B-tier. Do you know what the score cutoff for each is? And does each tier have a different money factor?

We are looking at a 2009 Jetta SE. We haven't approached the dealer yet since we wanted to get our proverbial ducks in a row.

Again, thanks for your work in this forum.

- txaggie
  • martinasenciomartinasencio Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man

A NJ dealer is quoting $290/Month for a 2010 Jetta S, 36 Months; 10,000 Miles. Money Factor: 0.00177, Residual 58%, Cap Cost $18,127 (includes destination fee). Is this a good deal? I have an excellent credit rating.
  • guaporrtguaporrt Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone tell me how a VW lease shows up on your credit report? I am about to lease for the first time. Does the entire amount to be paid for the lease term show?? Thank you!
  • d_cisiv_1d_cisiv_1 Member Posts: 4
    the total amount of the lease payments along with residual, basically vehicles purchase price plus interest are displayed, along with actual monthly payment and term, however i am not sure how the credit bureaus calculate the lease for your total outstanding debt, about to complete my 2nd VW Credit lease
  • d_cisiv_1d_cisiv_1 Member Posts: 4
    oops, need to make a revision to my original reply, the credit report will show the total amount of the lease payments for the entire term of loan as high credit, forgot I had negative equity on the 2 vehicles i traded in on my 1st VW
    Thank you! That really helps! The dealer couldn't answer this question.
    Exactly, I lease an 08 Jetta and it showed a total for the whole lease amount.
  • cg62cg62 Member Posts: 8
    I need money factor and residual for 2010 SE and Wolfsburg Jetta. 12K and 15K
    36 months.

Thanks for your help.
    The MF I was quoted on a 2010 Wolfsburg 12k x 36mo was .0023 in Florida.
  • melech37melech37 Member Posts: 18
    I am interested in a 2010 SE or Wolfsburg edition for 10k, for 36/48 months. Could you post the MF and residual.

Are there any loyalty or other incentives on these models? Thanks for your inputs.
    No problem, bossy22. Thank you for the additional information. OK, so you were quoted a selling price of $19,014 on a 2009 Jetta S that has an MSRP of $19,514. That's a $500 discount. If the selling price that you were quoted is before the deduction of any available incentives, it is a very good deal. However, if the dealer is not backing the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car through VW Credit out of this price then I think that you may be able to do better.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, kellihm. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Wolfsburg with 10,000 miles per year are .00236 and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks leaseismore. I'm glad that you find this site so informative.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Sedan SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 51%, respectively.

What you were told about the dealer cash not being compatible with this car's special lease program is correct, however Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of Jetta Sedans with automatic transmissions through its captive finance company. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi badduck. $1,000 under dealer invoice is a very attractive selling price for this car.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Jetta S Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00077 and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks txaggie91. Yes, one does have to have a certain credit score to qualify for VW Credit's best available money factors. I'm not sure what the cutoff is in order to qualify for its best factors. I'll ask around and see what I am able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi martinasencio. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car are right in line with VW Credit's current program for it. That is a good thing.

The other important number is this car's selling price. It's good that you have it, but you didn't give us anything to compare it with. Either this car's full MSRP or its dealer invoice would be helpful. Let us know what those numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, cg62. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta Sedan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00138 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg are .00236 and 58%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.