Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• This is not a all a good deal. I leased a Komfort Wagon at $372 per month including tax and no first month payment. $534 for a Lux is way too much. The MSRP on my wagon was about $29,500. You can do better.
  • mjlatlmjlatl Posts: 4
    We ended up with a Lux Wagon, 36k lease. MSRP of $35495, $0 out of pocket lease for $469.10 per month and that includes tax.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi lepia. Volkswagen Credit sets the money factors and residual values for vehicles that are leased through it. If you were looking at identical vehicles at these dealers, the only reason that one would quote you a different money factor would be if they were trying to mark your car's factor up to add additional, hidden profit to your deal. Dealers cannot alter banks' residual values. VW Credit's lease program usually does not vary by region.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello ken1496. Place a call directly to Volkswagen Credit, or whichever bank you are leasing your Passat through, and explain your situation to them. Many banks will let consumers extend their leases for a couple of months.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, ralora. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Volkswagen Passat Wagon 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00024 and 47%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00076 and 39%.

Car_man
    Host
  • lepialepia Posts: 39
    I am sure everyone in this forum will agree that no dealer could be trusted. So, havind said that, can one call VW directly and ask for the current MF and Residual value?
    If yes, what is the number? :confuse:

By the way, anyone knows the current MF, Residual and bank Fee.
    12K, 36 months on a passat lux or passat Komfort
    Thanks Car_man for the info. much appreciated.

By the way, I posted a thread #649. Do you have the answer?

VW phone # to call and ask directly for MF and Residual value, bank fee. I figure the dealer was trying to pull one on me.
    Do you know May MF and Residual Value, Bank fee for
    Passat Lux or Passat Komfort. 36 months, 12K 0 down.

thanks in advance.
  • Hi everyone,
    Just want to let people know my deal.

I just purchased a new 2008 Passat Komfort Wagon,

325 + tax
    36 months 12,000 miles
    Drive off - first month down
    (Gross cap cost 26394)

I'm pretty happy with that. This was from Livingston VW, Woodland Hills CA.

I was offered 319 + tax, first month down in an email and they offered to get me any color in 24-48 hours. (Other dealers were offering me 375, 395, 442!!) So I went to the dealer and I picked a silver komfort wagon which happened to be in San Diego. When it came to manager approval, he flatly refused, saying I could have the white komfort on the lot, but he wanted $10 a month more to get the one from San Diego etc. etc. Sounded like a tactic to get more money, so we haggled and settled on an extra 6 bucks. No big deal considering the money factor is so low and I was getting the car I wanted.
  • jsiggy1jsiggy1 Posts: 2
    Does anyone have the June 2008 24 month and 36 month residual and money factor rates for the Passat Komfort sedan 2.0T Automatic?
    Thanks!
    Hi everyone,
    after 2 months of reasearch going from dealer to dealer, I got yesterday the best deal ever.
    My deal was so good that I did not even ask for MF or residual or car price.
    Here is my deal:
    Passat 2008 Luxury
    monthly payment including tax: 350.00
    upfront: 204
    first month paid by VW.

good luck to everyone else looking for a passat. If you want to know where I got my deal, let me know. :)
  • jsiggy1jsiggy1 Posts: 2
    How many months was your lease for?
    The lease was for:
    36 months
    10,000 miles.

If I chose 48 months, which I am considering, the monthly payment will drop 10-15 bucks.
    for those interested, the dealier is:
    Bayside VW in Queens NY.

I have seem bad coments about Bayside service center, and I must say that in my experience with my last 2 leases, the sale person have been nice and decent.

The only downside to this deal, is that they don't have the car and I may have to wait 2-3 weeks until they get me one. -I can wait.
  • tballstballs Posts: 7
    I just leased a Passat Komfort for my parents in MA. I've leased a few cars now, and have found a process that seems to work well for me (with lots of help from these forums and especially the car_man!).

I email a few dealerships' internet sales manager that say something like the following: "I'm interested in leasing a Volkswagen Passat Komfort in Black, Grey or Silver for either 24 mos or 36 mos / 15k per year. THe options I'm interested are heated seats. Please provide me with a quote via email with the following info:
    MSRP
    Purchase Price
    Residual
    Money Factor / INterest Rates
    Inception FEes - Please itemize.

I usually get an email reply asking me to come in and go for a test drive. By this point I've already driven whatever vehicle I'm leasing so I simply reply that I already have and am interested in the financial details. Some try to call instead of email. If I get a voicemail (I travel internationally for work) I just send another email saying that I got their voicemail and to please send me the information via email.

Once I have the information from the dealers, I compare them to each other and to what I read in the message boards here. Then I pick one and go into the dealership to do the paperwork.

Just leased my mum a black passat komfort with tan interior. Includes IPod Adapter and heated seats and rubber floor mats.

Drive off/inception fee was $790, which includes the first month's payment.
    Monthly Payments are $289 including tax. Lease is 36 months / 15k. I'll have to check, but I think that the residual was 47& and the money factor was .00018

The original offer that I got was from Quirk VW. The internet sales manager's name is Mark Gallagher - very good guy to work with. Unfortunately Quirk didn't have anything in Komforts other than Blue Slate or whatever that color is. Minuteman VW in Bedford, MA was willing to match the offer and get a black passat from another dealer, something that Quirk says that they don't do. So we did the deal with Minuteman. The whole process from initial email to sign took approximately 1 week.
  • treebeetreebee Posts: 4
    Ok - this has been great reading, but i have never leased a vehicle and want to run some numbers by you all since it seems we are at the end of the 2008 vehicles and perhaps there are great deals to be had. It looks like most people are paying 0 down and that is not the deal we are currently considering -- please advise

$2k down
    $312 month/48 mos.
    first month 'free'
    maintenance booklet covers all maintenance for 4 yrs (supposedly)
    residual is somewhere around $12,300

Thanks in advance!
    Car-man - how does one calculate the buy rate lease money factor? I am specifically looking at a 2008 Passat Wagon Komfort.....thx!
    Hi Car_man and/or kyfdx -- I'm not seeing any response to my earlier posts about the VW Passat Wagon - help? thx
  • nickp327nickp327 Posts: 1
    lepia-

your deal seems too good to be true! what was the name of the sales person at bayside VW you dealt with? i'm thinking about taking a trip out there from staten island this weekend. considering all the incentives and their advertised "92 hour sale" i can't see why i wouldn't drive the car off the lot! i can see online they still have a lux in the color i want! i would love to tell them i heard about your deal in hopes they can extend the same terms to me

thanks in advance!
    nick
    yes - that is a phenomenal deal -- I'm having a hard time convincing my local dealer of little to no down payment
    OK guys,

I picked up my car last night. I could not believe I was getting this deal until the contract was signed. I thought the dealer was going to pull a fast one on me; so as I was getting the contract from them, I started reading carefully to see all the numbers. -they were honest.

How I got this deal:
    I assume I got this deal for the following reasons:
    - I was a previous passat owner and purchased from the same dealer.
    - I got the owner loyalty rebate
    - I have 750+ credit rating
    - I usually pay my monthly payments one month in advance. Basically, I was always a month or two ahead in payments.
    - Last, I must say the dealer was honest. I dealt with the manager directly. As a saleman, he is one hell of an honest guy.
    - I brought business to them, 2 clients already.

You can use my name as a reference. He gave very good deals to my friends as well. -Not as good as mine though. but it was probably for the reasons above. they paid 35 and 40 more then me a month.

Send me an email and I give you the name. I dont think one can provide sale person's name on this forum.
    send email to lepia3000@hotmail.com and I give you all info you need.

Not all, but must of the sale people at Baysde are good people.

Good luck.
  • John -

I know its been a couple months...but what was the miles allowance for the Touareg above - 10k? 12k?.

I'm negotiating a Passat Wagon VR6 4motion - the base price is similar to your deal - but I still can't get to the monthly payments.

My deal:

MSRP $41,040
    Neg Price $36,487
    36mos 15k/year
    $0 drive off
    7.75% Tax out here
    Residual 44%

$558.32/month w/tax

They added some type of family loyalty thing $1000 discount to get to the price.

Any thoughts - how low can I get this?
  • slcgrrlslcgrrl Posts: 1
    I am looking at leasing a VW Passat Komfort. So far, best offer in Cincinnati area is as follows:
    - MSRP: $30+/-
    - Invoice: 26,790
    - Monthly: 391
    - Miles: 12K
    - R/V: 14798 for 12K
    - Money: .00024 (57%APR)
    - Money down: 0

Based on what you read in media, it's a great time to buy a car. Now that the 09 Passat Wagon is out and the lease deal that's going on, I would expect better pricing and, therefore, better monthly payment. Anyone have any insights or recos to make this work harder? I'm looking for something in the $325-$350 range. Should I wait until later in the year to re-consider? Thanks.
  • brendanm14brendanm14 Posts: 16
    This is what I just got from my dealer for a Passat VR6 4Motion Wagon....the residual seems to be very low.

36 month residual 45%
    money factor 0.00056
    Here's the latest info, jsiggy1. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Passat Sedan 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year with 15,000 miles per year are .00018 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00018 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you very much Car_Man.
    Congratulations on getting your new Passat, tballs. I'm glad that you've found these forums so helpful. Thanks for taking the time to give back by sharing the details if your deal. Don't forget to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi treebee. Consumers cannot calculate what the money factor should be for their vehicle. Banks publish a list of factors that dealers must use. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Passat Wagon 2.0T is .00024.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome jackforette.

Car_man
    Host
  • melohellomelohello Posts: 2
    Hi folks,
    I am leasing an 06 Passat under the intention that I wouldn't go over the mileage but unfortunately we moved out of state and my new job forced me to become a commuter. With just 2 years in, I am 10000 miles over. I have a 4 year lease plan.

Anywho, I wanted to know, if I wanted to turn my car in next month before the lease was over, how does that work under the Driver's Option plan? I remember my sales manager told me that I could turn it in early or sell it myself.

What if I wanted to buy a new/used VW - would the overage be charged to the new car or would I have to pay it off upfront? Could I go to another dealer (i.e. Nissan) and trade in my leased VW for another vehicle? I"m trying to figure out how all this works... :cry:
  • ken1496ken1496 Posts: 11
    Thinking about purchasing VW Passat Wagon at the end of 36mo lease. Any feedback appreicated.

TMV price $16,404 (does the cost include CA sales tax?)
    Purchase price $15,619 (all inclusive)

VW Credit 6.34%
  • crsdoccrsdoc Posts: 8
    I am awaiting lease info (resid and money factor) from my dealership, but they gave me a no-haggle price of 31,900 for a Lux with DVD nav/Dynaudio/protection kit.

Here's my question...the Lux I test drove did NOT have paddle shifters. The website says it should have them, the sales guy claimed Lux's don't have them.

What gives with the paddle shifters? Should a Lux have them?
This discussion has been closed.