Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions

Comments

• goodricsgoodrics Member Posts: 25
    Hi, can you please tell me what the money factor and resid. % are on a 2008 Touareg 2 Base Model. The MSRP is $40,000 and the invoice is $37,224 (I am not sure what my price would be) and I would like $18,000 miles/yr. Length of contract does not matter between 36 and 48 months. Also, no money out of pocket.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey goodrics. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Volkswagen Touareg V6 in your area with 15,000 miles per year are .00111 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00173 and 47%. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that VW Credit publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jkenikjkenik Member Posts: 6
    I have a loaded '05 Touareg v6 w/ just under 19,000 miles, and 10 months left on my lease. Payments are $450, and there is a $21,000 buyout at the end of the lease. KBB trade-in is about $27,000. I know what the obvious option is, but I do not want to fold current lease into a new one. I was thinking that, because of the low mileage, that I might be able to strike a favorable deal with the dealership. Do I have any chance in making this happen, without having to put down $$.
    Thanks!!
  • jabberjabber Member Posts: 64
    Carman/Kyfdx,

What's the current residual and money factor for an '08 Touareg V6 for 10K, 12K, and 15K miles? Also, what is the acquisition fee if any and the overmileage allowance? Thanks!

Jabber
    Hey Jabber. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 VW Touareg V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 52%, respectively. This truck's 12,000 mile per year residual would be 2% higher and its 10,000 mile per year residual would be 3% higher than the 15k resid. VW Credit charges a $575 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • alakatealakate Member Posts: 4
    I am currently leasing my 2006 Touareg. I know that I am going to be over the mileage and am considering buying as I love this vehicle. Lease ends 02/2009.
    The MSRP was $38,080.00 My adjusted capitalized cost was $32731.00

Purchase Option/ Residual Value is $20,886. What do you think. Is this purchase price worth it?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,559
    You can't buy it at that price, now.. That is the purchase option price at the end of the lease.. after you've made all the payments...

Are you asking if it will be worth $20,886 in February of 2009? With a lot of miles? Probably not..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

mileage is 24,000
    the payoff quote to buy now is: $26,268.24
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,559
    If you post a description of your vehicle in Real-World Trade-In Values, an expert can give you a good idea of its wholesale value..

Normally, buying a lease out early isn't that great of a deal.. but, if you are going to be over on your miles, and you plan on keeping it, it might be beneficial to do so.

Good luck,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Carman,

Do you mind posting the same for November now? Thanks. Also, do you know if there are any dealer incentives on this truck now?

Jabber
  • pmtrepmtre Member Posts: 55
    Volkswagen credit is now offering base model up to msrp $40,000.00

$499/Month. 39-Month Lease
    2008 Touareg 2 V6
    $0.00 Due at Signing/
    (including destination charges)

Anybody hearing any better deals?
  • elgupasoelgupaso Member Posts: 4
    Carman,

Do you know what is the money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease with VW credit?

Is this a good deal?

40k MSRP, $2500 VW owner loyalty, $37500 Negotiated selling price, .00098 money factor, 53% residual value, 8.25% CA sales tax, 39 month lease and I would carryover $2600 from negative trade-in. The payment I got quoted was $517.00 with tax included.
    Just curious, are they saying you're getting a $2500 discount because you are a current VW owner? Also, how many miles/yr is this lease and is it through VWFS?
  • scottinkyscottinky Member Posts: 194
    is this lease deal worth it given VW's reliability? This is such a beautiful
    vehicle! Just not sure it is worth trading in a soon to be owned and paid
    for car on to have warranty. VW is one of the few manufacturers to offer
    Sirius standard, and that makes a big difference since I am a sub.
  • elgupasoelgupaso Member Posts: 4
    Yes that is correct. The miles and year of the lease is the same as the ad.
  • bill878bill878 Member Posts: 5
    i got price of $36,790(including destination).
    Lease term 39months, VW pays 1st month. $463/m, $0 due at singing,
    but i paid tax and title fee.

is a good deal?
  • jack97jack97 Member Posts: 1
    I received the following lease offer on the Touareg V6 with the luxury package:

12k miles a year
    39 months
    money factor .00117
    Residual Value 22,737
    I believe the sticker is 42,900
    $0 out of pocket due at signing with the Sign + Drive event

$596 per month inclusive of taxes

Is this a good offer? Has anyone out there gotten a better offer?
  • smks1026smks1026 Member Posts: 2
    I see that the touareg has a lease special of $499. If I put $5000 towards this, how does that change the lease price? Thanks!
    I'd be happy to, Jabber. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 VW Touareg V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 51%, respectively. This truck's 12,000 mile per year residual would be 2% higher and its 10,000 mile per year residual would be 3% higher than the 15k resid. VW Credit charges a $575 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi elgupaso. The money factor that you were quoted for this lease is right in line with Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate for this model. That is a very good thing because it means that the dealer you are working with is being very straightforward with you about this aspect of your deal.

As far as this truck's price goes, Touareg that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $3,100 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. As long as the $37,500 selling price that you were quoted doesn't include the $2,500 loyalty discount it represents a price of around $600 over invoice, which is pretty good. Still, it wouldn't hurt to stop by the "Volkswagen Touareg Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bill878. What is this truck's MSRP? This number will help me to see how much of a discount you are being given on this truck and it will enable me to use VW Credit's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • bill878bill878 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, Car_Man

Thank you very much for the information you provided to us. I learned a lot from you since i never have any leaseing experience before. The Truck's MSRP i bought is $40,300 included destination charge. But i was told by business Manager of the dealer that Illinois is only state in U.S you have to pay sales tax (8.25%)(leasing) as purchase price of $36,790 on up-front. I put tax and dealer's leasing charge($575) into monthly Leasing payment. The total payment came out is $539 with $1000 down. 39m and 12k/y.

Car_man, Do think i got a good deal? Thanks,
  • satterley19satterley19 Member Posts: 1
    Any help would be great.
    I have a 2006 Touareg with a little over 30,000 miles. I have 15 payments left on a 3 year, 45K lease. I brought the vehicle in for its 30,000 mile checkup and got an ear full. I had noticed that the tires looked a bit worn. I'm pretty sure the rubber on the pirellis were soft and they wore quicker than the norm in the heat. I've prolly got 5,000 miles or more left on them, so I decided to ask what the story was with a warranty on the tires because I only put 30,000 miles on them and they already need to be replaced soon.
    I really wish I knew more about vehicles so I didn't get screwed. Basically, the guy at the service department said that there was no warranty because it was a wear and tear thing. He also said that the rotors and calipers seem like they are worn and will need to be replaced soon. He said that would cost about 1500-2000 dollars. So, I'm looking at having to dump close to 2500 on this vehicle in the next 5000 miles. To me, it is not worth it and I would rather pay that money to get out of the lease now. Does anyone know whether this is a good idea or not? I'm paying 520 a month. The vehicle has a ton of bells and whistles including the upgraded sound system, memory power seats, back up sensors, leather, and some other things on it that I can't remember.
    I think I'd like to buy a one year old lexus rx 350 or 330 because it seems a bit more reliable. At the dealership, they told me I could get into an 08 touareg for 690 a month to lease again which included a 2000 valued customer reduction and my early termination. I don't think I really want another touareg because it doesn't seem too reliable. Any advice would be great. Please help. Thanks.
  • kabcpabkabcpab Member Posts: 6
    Here's the deal?. Good or Bad?.
    39 mo,15000 miles per year

MSRP $46750

Sale price $42329

rate is .00098

residual 51%

payments are $599.89 incl.tax

Your total down payment is $352.35 lic fees plus $55 documentation fees. Total is $397.35
    Carman,

I did not close a deal in December. Can you please post current lease rates for the Touareg? I'm interested in 24,36,or 39 months @ 12k miles year. Also, has VW announced any new current customer or dealer incentives?

Jabber
  • audibmwaudibmw Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man Host,
    Looking at a V8 Touareg with tech package 800 over invoice. What was the best lease you have seen for this 10k mile 39 or 42 months , no down existing vw owner with great credit.
  • dsasidsasi Member Posts: 11
    Does any one has any experience in negotiating the buy out price and the end of the lease with VW Credit?

My lease is up at end of Feb and would like to keep the treg.
  • jsw24jsw24 Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys and gals, I've been reading the post here and therefore it's allowed me to negotiate like a pro :P I'm in the market for the 08 V6 with tech package(navi, cam, aux port, etc..) and have been dealing with 5 SoCal dealers. Which has lead me to my current quote of...

MSRP-$43,350
    CAPCOST-39,350(Includes destination fee,and all drive off fees except DMV)

Monthly payment tax included- 12kmi- $543 at 15kmi-$561

Now my only gripe is the lack of bi-xenon headlamps. Which are included in the lux package. I will call them today and mention it as a deal breaker if he cant work that into this current quote without much changing. Simply because I have another deal in the works for a MDX with tech package. Heres the deal on that one:

MSRP:$43,695
    Capcost: 39,750(includes destination)
    drive off-$1015.77(doc fee, first month, etc..)
    monthlypayments tax included: 12kmi- $601 15kmi-$626

Which one would you guys go for?? Thats part of the delimma!
  • love2driveinctlove2driveinct Member Posts: 80
    I don't know a lot about the Touareg, but I do hear sad stories here and there about reliability. It is a great-looking vehicle, though, and never fails to catch my eye on the rare occasion that one crosses my path. As a matter of fact, when it first came out I marched right down to the dealer to check one out in person as soon as they had one, and I wasn't even in the market for a new vehicle -- I just had to check it out!

I own a 2006 MDX Touring w/Nav & Res, have about 28K on it, and have had NO problems with it whatsoever. I have taken it in for an oil change at 7500mi, a 15K service, then another oil change at 22,500. I'll be taking it in for the 30K service soon, but don't anticipate any problems.

The vehicle drives like a dream, the quality is excellent, and for an SUV, I think it is even quite fun to drive. Also, I find that Acura includes features that other makes have as options or even accessories (which don't get residualized in a lease and drives up your overall cost -- paying for accessories really hurts your wallet because you pay 100% of your accessory and you don't even get to keep it, whereas with the vehicle you are only paying for a portion). I know when I begin suv-shopping again in a year, I'll be frustrated with the makes that don't include a back-up camera or bluetooth without having them as an add-on.

Anyway, sorry to get off track... just my $.02.
  • stef76stef76 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the Tier 1 & Tier 2 money factors and 39 mth residuals are for a Touareg 2 V8 w/ a 10K annual mileage allowance?

Are there any buyer incentives planned for February?

Thanks!
    Hello kabcpab. According to the new vehicle pricing section of Edmunds.com, the dealer invoice price of the truck that you are interested in is around $42,835. Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2008 Touareg through VW Credit. This puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $500 over invoice, which is a very good deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses VW Credit's new 36 month, 15k buy rate lease money factor and residual value of .00066 / 50% to calculate your truck's monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jabber. Here you go. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Volkswagen Touareg V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00052 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00066 and 52%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that Volkswagen is providing on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi audibmw. $800 over dealer invoice isn't bad, as long as the dealer is then subtracting the $1,000 cash incentive that Volkswagen is providing on leases of the '08 Touareg from that. Otherwise you are really paying more like $1,800 over invoice, which is a lot.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Volkswagen Touareg V8 with 10,000 miles per year are .00066 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00118 and 41%. This truck's exact lease payment will depend upon what its MSRP and selling price are. You can plug the aforementioned lease program along with these numbers into the formula that is outlined in the following article to calculate your truck's payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings stef76. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Touareg V8 with 10,000 miles per year are .00066 and 49%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • thammeowthammeow Member Posts: 2
    Hi everybody,

Does anybody have an out-of-door price for a 2008 Touareg2, including the lux and tech package? Please also let me know your tax rate and document fees, so that I can figure out what I would expect to pay. If you can supply any additional details so that I could negotiate like a pro, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks.

TM
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who recently purchased or leased a new vehicle because of a good deal they found, whether it was low APR (financing), lease specials, rebates or other incentives. Please respond no later than Feb. 19 with your daytime contact information to Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bmoney1bmoney1 Member Posts: 9
    I just picked up a V8 Touareg, lux plus, tech pkg last night. There is definitely alot of room to haggle!

MSRP: $55,750
    Sell Price: $48,250
    MF: .00066
    Resisual: 49%
    4% VA Sales Tax
    $3500 Down
    36 Month Lease: $620 a month
  • audibmwaudibmw Member Posts: 5
    Where did you get that MF from ? = 1.584 %
    It's the base rate on the touareg. Came straight from the dealer.
  • archielevickarchielevick Member Posts: 5
    I have 12 months left on my lease for a 2005 VW passat glx 4-motion. I'd love to get into a Touareg V6 (it's so awesome!). So far, I haven't had much luck with the dealer (Fred Beans and Wynn in PA). Is it possible to do this without taking a financial hit? I am starting to think that I should wait 6-8 months.

I'd love to utilize a lease trading website, but VW credit will only add the new lessee as a primary, and I would have to stay on as a secondary; which means I am still liable for payments and the car if the primary disappears. :confuse:
  • theroux1theroux1 Member Posts: 13
    bmoney1 - Can you tell me where you bought yours? I'm in NJ and the best deal I have found so far on the V8 is $4200 off MSRP (Base V8 and tow package). At $48,250 for lux plus and tech, I would definitely buy one. Thanks.
  • mdiabmdiab Member Posts: 7
    I am looking at getting a V6 Touareg with the Lux Package, trailer hitch and suspension package.

Two questions
    1) does anyone have the suspension package? - Worth the money?
    2) What kind of moneyfactor and residual are people getting?

My dealer said the MSRP is $46,590, but he was lowering it to $42,990. Sounds good, but the lease sounded high (Residual is very important to me since I am buying at end)

10K / year
    $610.91 + tax / month
    $24,692.70 Residual
    VW dealership called with an incentive offer to turn ove my '06 V6 for an 08. I have a year left on the lease. They are offering a $2,000 loyalty rebate and the deal needs to happen by Friday. I am paying $380 a month which is a great price. I may go over by approximately 8,000 miles at end of lease turn in (.20 per mile). So I am going to go down to see what price they will offer for the 08. Any suggestions on negotiating?
    Dealer offered to take my '06 V6

for a '08 V6, black MSRP $40,000

36 months
    $1,000 down $471.00 (that includes taxes) per month
    or
    $1,500 down $454.00 (includes taxes) per month

thoughts?
  • tonyiamhetonyiamhe Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have the lease rates and all that fun stuff for March? Looking to get into a Touareg this month.
    I was able to get an extra 2K off because they hooked me up with the March program in Feb. There is a 2K incentive on Touareg's if you already have a VW. I bought it at Fairfax VW in Virginia.
    Hello thammeow. If I was personally in the market for a 2008 Touareg in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice. The market for new vehicles is pretty slow right now, plus gas prices are high and the Touareg sucks it down. If you shop around, you may be able to find a dealer that will sell you one for this low a price. If you lease, a selling price of $500 over invoice would actually be equivalent to $500 under invoice once the $1,000 cash incentive that Volkswagen is providing on leases of this truck through VW Credit is taken into account. Try stopping by the following discussion for additional information on how much you should pay for this vehicle right now: "Volkswagen Touareg Prices Paid and Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi archielevick. I am sorry to say that unless Volkswagen is running some sort of official early lease termination program that I am not aware of it is likely going to be fairly expensive for you to get out of your Passat lease its scheduled end date. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mdiab. I don't have an opinion on whether the Touareg's suspension package is worth the money, but I can give you an idea of what its current lease program is like. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Touareg V6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00066 and 53%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of it through VW Credit. There is additional loyalty cash on this truck is you are a current Volkswagen owner or lessee.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi alakate. The $2,000 owner loyalty cash incentive that Volkswagen is providing on the 2008 Touareg is available through the end of the money. I personally would not be surprised if it was extended past that. Normally it is pretty expensive to get out of a lease a year before its scheduled end. Unless Volkswagen is running some sort of official early lease termination offer that I am not aware of you may be better off waiting until the scheduled end of your current lease to get something new. You can tell if the dealer that you are working with is burying part of the cost of getting you out of your lease in your new one by looking at its selling price. This is a very important number for you as a lessee to know anyhow. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without knowing what this truck's selling price is, it is difficult to tell how much of a discount you are being given on it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.