Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi tonyiamhe. I have seen Volkswagen's March lease program for the Touareg. Its program varies by term, mileage allowance, and trim level. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of a 2008 Touareg V6 with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '08 Touareg V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00066 and 50%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that Volkswagen is providing on lease of it and the $2,000 loyalty cash into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • drmstdrmst Member Posts: 1
    Looking for information re: money factor and residuals for April 08 Touareg II 15k/year both 2 and 3 year lease. Either V6 or Turbodiesel.

Thanks.
  • max_andersonmax_anderson Member Posts: 37
    I got this quote from Jennings VW in Glenview, IL:

MSRP of a V6 Touareg 2 w/Lux and Tech packages = $46,240

Terms - 48 months @ 12K per year, $318 down (license, title, & doc fees)

Selling price - $41,668.74
    taxes - $3,362.50
    bank acquisition fee - $575
    Total capitalized cost = $45,606.24

Residual - $20,350 (44%)
    Money factor - .00118

Monthy Payment - $604.00 (includes taxes rolled in)

What do you think?
    Any thoughts on the above? I've got to pull the trigger soon.

Thanks in advance.
  • tonyiamhetonyiamhe Member Posts: 3
    Seems high to me considering I did 3 yrs, 15k, fully loaded v6 for selling price of 45k+tax and my monthly is $670 nothing down. Talk to Chris Farhnam at VW Langhorne. He helped me and is pretty honest.
    I'm in Chicago so we have to pay full sales tax just as we would if we were buying it. So the $604 was inclusive of almost $3600 in tax. Do you have to pay full sales tax in PA? Just curious if we're looking at an 'apples to apples' or not.

Thanks!
  • aobregon78aobregon78 Member Posts: 2
    I have never leased in my life, I just sold my old car and I'm very interested in a new Touareg 2 V6. I have been negotiating for over a month and I'm about to close the deal with an Arizona dealership. I think that I could be getting a very good deal here, but I would appreciate some advice, comments or any suggestions. Here is what I could be getting:

- Touareg VR6, Galapagos Color, Interior Beige
    - 19's Terra wheels on vehicle will be added as per my request
    - As per Dealership: MSRP $39,990.00 / Invoice: $37,280.00
    - 48 Month Lease
    - 20 K per year
    - $369 Dealer Doc Fee (Down payment)
    - Monthly Payment $490 plus TAX

So is it a good deal for a 48 month lease with 20K?

Please advise Thanks!
  • cktreadwaycktreadway Member Posts: 1
    Any information on current incentives, MF, residuals on the Touareg. I'll be looking at both the V6 and V8 with 15k. Length of lease is flexible. Thanks in advance.
    Here is the information that you are looking for, drmst. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Touareg V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00024 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00024 and 49%. The numbers for the '08 Touareg Turbo Diesel are .00163 / 58% and .00163 / 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cktreadway. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Touareg V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00024 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Touareg V8 are .00024 and 45%. VW is currently providing a $1,000 owner loyalty / conquest cash incentive on this truck that is compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • hanyhany Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone share his VW Lease return experience ?
  • peungypeungy Member Posts: 4
    I was just re- lease my car from 2005 to 2008 but now i have to go back to my country what should i do. I want to get out of the lease. I want to turn back the car. If i turn back the car do i have to pay=off the car still?
    The car still new. Where is the best place to sell. I really need to go back to my country.
    my monthly payment is only $570 same 48 month
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    ... Where is the best place to sell. I really need to go back to my country.

Are you fleeing from a crime or something? :confuse: What's the rush? Go here. Good luck. And yes, you still have to pay off the lease contract if you can't unload the car. Then again, if you're fleeing the country anyway, just abandon the car in place and be on your way.
    Thank you for your advice but i don't want to loose my credit. I want to do everything good. but i really have to go back for awhile.
    Well, if the statute of limitations is 7+ years, you're good to go. ;)
  • tierramadretierramadre Member Posts: 2
    I just got this deal today (VW Pasadena)... Touareg V6 w/Lux Pkg
    MSRP 42,890
    Invoice 39,434
    Sale Price 37,961
    MF .00024, RV 51%
    36 months

We turned in our leased 04 Touareg and got the last payment rolled into the deal.
    We're paying $499/mo including taxes. We used $1000 customer loyalty as our down and only paid $499 for the 1st month. We were very happy with the deal - we ended up paying $2100 under invoice.
  • konstantinoskonstantinos Member Posts: 3
    I am considering taking over a lease on a 2008 Touareg2 with V6 & Lux Plus Package, 3200 mi. MSRP $46,300, net cap cost around $40,000. 32 mos. left on 36 mo. lease, $527/ mo. including tax. 2 things holding me back: no Nav., and only 10,000 mi./ yr allowed, 0.25/ mi. for excess (which seems high). Seller offering $500 incentive.

Also looking at V8 version, 4000 mi. for $570/ mo., 12,000 mi. allowed, but worse gas mileage. Seller offering 2 months payments free.

Any suggestions on which one is a better deal? Thanks.
  • brendanm14brendanm14 Member Posts: 16
    This is what I just received from my dealer for a T2 V6.

36 month residual 49% ($19600)
    money factor 0.00004
  • champsaurchampsaur Member Posts: 1
    just today i got:

MF: 0.00004
    RV: 49%
    36 Months
    12K miles
    $0 Down (except 1st month)
    $469.99+tax per month

This was on a T2 with the Lux Package. I also got the OEM iPod adapter installed for $299 (paid out of pocket in top of the lease)
  • brendanm14brendanm14 Member Posts: 16
    the dealer gave me the same MF and residual but was WAY OFF with that monthly payment....what was the cap cost of the T2?
    Hi peungy. Unfortunately, you can't just return your leased car well before its scheduled end date without having to pay a penalty. You can either purchase your vehicle from VW Credit and try to sell it on your own, which will likely cause you to experience a substantial loss given the recent drop in the value of used SUVs, or you can continue to pay your lease payments. Either way it is going to cost you money to get out of your lease at this point.

A third option would be to try to find someone who is willing to assume your lease. I'm not sure if VW Credit allows lease assumptions, but many banks do. The trick is finding someone who is willing to assume your lease. Web sites like swapalease facilitate transactions like this, but you will likely have to pay money out of your pocket to entice someone to take over your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    anyone else leasing toureg's lately? Any major changes from 2008? Is the toureg 2 the 2009 model?

Lease rates still as good as they were in teh above post?
    You should seriously go look at the Kia Borrego. The interior is almost a clone of the Touareg on the inside, except for the seat design and 3rd row.
  • jegusa1jegusa1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

In this buyer's car market, especially with Toureg's not-so-great gas mileage, do auto mfr's really want cars returned after the lease is up? Wouldn't they be incentivized to make a deal now, break the lease if someone wants to buy the car? I heard Ford and GM are getting out of the leasing game now.

Seems like this is a climate where deals can be made so car mfr's aren't left with older inventory on their hands...

What I'm getting at, I would also like to break the lease with the ex. toureg and just offer to buy it from them, but don't want to get stuck with penalties. Is VW not going to make any deals at this point?
    Hi jegusa1. Generally speaking, lessees have the most bargaining power when they are close to the scheduled end of their deals. If you were a month or two away from the scheduled end of your deal I would not be surprised at all if VW was willing to negotiate your purchase price, but banks really don't have much of an incentive to let consumers out of their leases early. You can always give Volkswagen Credit a call to see if they would be willing to work with you at this point, but I suspect that even if they are willing to let you out of your deal early without having to pay a penalty they will not be willing to do much for you on your truck's selling price. You never know though, I could be wrong. You certainly don't have anything to lose by asking. Give it a shot and if you don't mind stop back and let us know what they say.

Car_man
    Host
  • stratburststratburst Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    I am curious if you or anyone else on this thread knows what lease terms VW Credit is offering September for an 08 Touareg 36 and 48 month term?

Thanks in advance!
  • roadking1roadking1 Member Posts: 10
    CarMan- what is the current moneyfactor and resid on the v10 touareg? Looking at a 36 or 24 mo lease, 10K per year. Thanks in advance.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, stratburst. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Volkswagen Touareg V6 with 15,000 miles per year are an extremely low .00002 and 42%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00064 and a scary 35%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,500 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of it through VW Credit into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi roadking1. The V10, huh? I don't see very many of those around. Here you go. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Touareg V10 with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 45%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are .00125 and 53%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $3,000 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of it through VW Credit into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    Carman,

Can you provide the October lease rates for the Touareg? I'm looking to lease a new vehicle, 36 - 39 months, 10k per year and 0 down. I've always been a big fan of the Touareg and would like to know the lease options before I go for a Pathfinder or FX35.

Thanks
    Hi jpp5862. Here's the information that you're looking for. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Volkswagen Touareg V6 with 10,000 miles per year are and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise 39 month lease are .00163 and 49%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is available on leases of it right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • lmuellerlmueller Member Posts: 29
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me the current MF and residual value for a 36mo./12K lease for the 2008 V6, V8 and V10TDI Touareg2's? Are there better deals on '09 V6 or V8's? I am currently leasing a 2006 Volvo XC90 @$450/mo, and am looking to replace it in the next several months but am hoping to get something with lower payments if possible. Thanks in advance!
    I'd be happy to help you out, lmueller. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Touareg V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00298 and 42%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Touareg V8 are .00298 and 37% :surprise: . The TDI numbers are .00298 and 42%. Yuck.

At least the V6 and the V8 have a decent amount of dealer cash available on them right now...$6,000 and $8,000, respectively. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • k2chadk2chad Member Posts: 18
    Where should I start negotiating a lease on a base 2008 V6 Touareg? Invoice is $36,183. Should the dealer cash get me near $30,000 as a buy price and then go from there? Thanks!
  • lmuellerlmueller Member Posts: 29
    Thanks, Car_Man.

Ouch! Those numbers look awful! Can you let me know the MF and residuals for '09 models instead? I think I am going to end up with an Acura or another XC90 if these are anywhere near what I can expect from VW.
    Thanks!
  • JBO12JBO12 Member Posts: 8
    Car_man

Trying to price out a v8, 48 month lease, 12k miles per year. If you could please let me know what the RV and MF are for both the 2008 and 2009 v8's that would be much appreciated.
    Yep, the lease program for the '08 model is indeed very unattractive. Here's the scoop on the 2009 model.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Touareg V6 with 12,000 miles per year are a much more palatable .00163 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Touareg V8 are .00163 and 43%.

Keep in mind that Volkswagen is running a sign and drive program on this truck right now that waives the first month's payment and security deposit on leases.

Happy New Year and good luck in your quest for a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, JBO12. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2009 Touareg V8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00205 and 36%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 model are a scary bad .00320 and 30%.

Car_man
    Host
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Member Posts: 51
    Car Man,

What about a current 36 mo. lease on a v6 15k miles per year? Is there any customer cash? Dealer cash? Thanks
  • murphy4murphy4 Member Posts: 92
    Does anyone know when this is available?
    Hi dpeck1. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Touareg V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 43%, respectively.

Volkswagen is currently providing $2,500 dealer cash on this truck, but that cash is not compatible with its special lease program. The only cash incentive that is available on leases is VW Credit's $500 owner loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi murphy4. It should be here soon, but I don't know the exact date that the V6 TDI will be available at dealers. You may be able to find someone who knows over in the "VW Touareg SUV" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Member Posts: 51
    Do you know what the June program is?
    is there any lease or conquest cash (I have audi).
    Also, is there any factory to dealer incentive money?
    This is one expensive truck.

Much thanks.
  • mikey_czomikey_czo Member Posts: 2
    http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-Touareg+2-2009-VR6_FSI__4dr_All_wheel_Drive- /incentives

there is quite a bit of wiggle room with the 09's In fact my dealer just got me in an 9 for 3k more than the deal i had worked out on an 08 with 17k. A small price to be paid for free maintence for 36 as I know all to well as a current audi owner.
    Hey dpeck1. You're not kidding, the Touareg is expensive. It's not just the Touareg, manufacturers seem to keep making their SUVs more and more expensive. It happened with the 4Runner, Pilot, and a whole host of other trucks.

I have seen VW's June program for the Touareg. I don't believe that it is currently providing any conquest cash on this model, but it does have $500 loyalty cash on it. Unfortunately, the fact that you currently have an Audi probably does not make you eligible for the loyalty cash.

Volkswagen is providing $2,500 dealer cash on the V6 and $3,500 on the V8 Touareg right now, but this cash is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • suze3suze3 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings,

I am negotiatiating a lease on a 2009 Touareg 2009 MSRP 39990.
    Advertised Lease includes dealer contribution of 4027.27. The dealership is offering selling price of 35825 which includes the $2k VCI lease bonus, but no evidence of the 4K.
    Offer 1, 3yr/36m 15Km/year
    526.51/month
    3201.74 down, (526.51, 1st month, 1340. 7% tax, 199. doc fee, 7.50 tire, 199 win/dr etching?, 575 acq fee, 354 MV)
    MF 0.000125
    Sorry, that's all I have
    Offer 2, 3yr/36m 15Km/yr $472/mo $5K down

It seems VW is anxious to unload the 09s how low can the sales price go? And since I'm concerned about the poor MPG 14/20, and tire replacement I would like to get this down to about $450/mo. 3yr/36K mile free service inc.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks. Suze
  • ghva226ghva226 Member Posts: 11
    Hi guys,

Considering leasing 2009 VR6 Touareg now (among other options).

I looked at a car here in NJ, but the dealer plays with the numbers (different downpayment / monthly combinations) but comes back to the same return he would have on the standard deal: $4,300 (down) + $519 a month (36 months, 10k miles). For example, he offers me $3,300 down with a monthly payment of $596!!!

Here is my question: the MSRP on the car is 43k, I need it for 36 months, 10,000 miles a year. What deal can I get considering that the car is now a 2009 and has been sitting there for a while?

Thank you so much.
  • nc_driver1nc_driver1 Member Posts: 56
    Hi Car Man,

Do you have an update on 12k/15k miles, 36 mos. lease figures for the 2010 TDI model?

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.