Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Volvo S60 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    asd302asd302 Member Posts: 65
    Hey Hushh,

The lender was USBANK, I actually ended up with an Infiniti M35x, really wanted a 24mo lease, and there were big incentives for me to lease another infiniti.
  • Options
    jbolssenjbolssen Member Posts: 1
    I would be extremely interested to know if the dealer cash was still in effect since I am looking hard into getting a lease on a sonic blue S60R.

The dealer quoted me a price of $39,500 for the vehicle, which is as low as it is because it had hail damage that was fixed.

The lease rates I thought were crazy high actually, and they have been reluctant to give me the actual numbers:

36m 15K miles : $766/month
    48m 15K miles : $665/month

I'm waiting to hear about the details yet, but those numbers seem very high, especially considering that I and my wife have perfect credit.
  • Options
    traderfjptraderfjp Member Posts: 12
    I just leased an S60 2.5T loaded (climate, luxury, sport package) for 3k total out of pocket and 299.99 per month. 15k miles per year. There were other cars I liked better but I couldn't come close to these numbers. I almost leased an 06 Passat but to get the same numbers as the Volvo they would only lease me a Value Edition model that doesn't even have alloy wheels. I hope I made the right deciscion.
  • Options
    francisbakenfrancisbaken Member Posts: 8
    I just leased a S60 R for $10K under dealer invoice.
  • Options
    rainesa1rainesa1 Member Posts: 3
    francisbaken:

What were the terms of your lease:

MOnthly payment?
    Amount down?
    Money Factor?
    Residual?
    How long?
    How many miles per year?
    Through what lender?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    volvo_rvolvo_r Member Posts: 20
    francisbaken quote "I'm at 32,118 with them now. -$9,500 under invoice. Still working on the money factor".

What deal did you get in the end and how much for your lease payments?

Regards
  • Options
    Petrus Quote "I just bought the car down in Florida, with $43,250 MSRP for 36 months, 15K mileage, $655 total drive off, and $455 month. I would work him"!

I'm looking since our dealer in Rocky Mountains still has this available. Just wanted to know what options did R come with at the $455 payment? Which Volvo dealership did you work the deal with?

Thanks
  • Options
    montreidmontreid Member Posts: 127
    I'm in the market for a new lease too, and stumbled across this $299 deal too on their website. What's weird is that it gives the Cap cost (looks like invoice), and then states to negotiate the final RV with the dealer even though the fixed $299. ? Floating Money Factor?

Can anyone comment on this deal and the additional costs impacted by going to 15000/yr? I called to Volvo dealer and they claimed no knowledge of any support or cash ongoing right now. "there was a 6000 deal last month..."
  • Options
    Shop the dealers via the internet within your 250 miles of your area. Thats what I did to get the best deal I could find. Lease $479mo. with $479 down I got my 2006 S60R's cap cost was $32390 doing a lease, I know that you can do this on a 2006 R with what the dealer has in stock. But it is marketing assistance money so it is up to them how much they want to give you. Good Luck
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Yes, jbolssen, the $2,250 dealer cash on Volvo Finance leases is still available in June.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi montreid. Any Volvo dealer that claims there is no support available on the S60 this month is lying to you. Volvo is currently providing $2,250 dealer cash on leases of '06 S60 models through Volvo Finance and a whopping $6,250 to $8,250 (the exact amount varies by model) on leases of '06 S60s through independent banks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Car_man! We'll secure the bank loan through leasecompare and take that to see what Volvo Finance can do with their incentive. I'd imagine that their MF would be adjusted or in typical dealer style inflate the RV above what the banks are doing at 42% right now. Do you know the incentive for the 2.5T?

That's the bummer about the Volvo compared to MB and Audi with the 3rd party RV at 52-54 for those cars.

BTW, we're going for the regular 2.5T with prem and conv packages. We're swapping out the SUV, so 2.5T is plenty of pickup for us right now. We wouldn't know what to do with the T5 let alone the R series except to get into accidents.
  • Options
    Update:

spoke with one Internet dealer and he is going: $7000 off MSRP on the S60 2.5T or $8000 off MSRP on the S80 2.5T. Looks like off financing is being offered (like you stated Car_man, but in-house financing still).

I'm wondering if I can push $500 above invoice pricing along with the $7000 off, saving yet another ~$2000.
  • Options
    gsjivgsjiv Member Posts: 18
    2006 S60 2.5T with premimum and climate package 36 mo 36k mile lease (12,000/yr)
    MSRP: $35,080
    Invoice: $32,751
    Cap: $24,000

36 mo closed end lease
    36k miles
    $347.89 + tax
    Total due at signing: $841.17 (includes only first payment and fees)
    Residual: $15,516.55
    Money Factor: 0.00220% (estimated based on assumed credit)

is this a good deal?
  • Options
    Wow, that's really nice. I'm trying to get down there on that pricing. I'm out here in Stockon,CA. Where did you get this?

Did you use a 3rd party financing? Looks like that they gave the entire cash incentive to you along with invoice pricing. Good job!
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    You should have no problem getting invoice minus rebates. Rebates exist on the car in the first place because the dealers can't move enough of the cars. So if they need to give you the car for invoice minus rebates to sell it, they'll do it.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    ATl, GA - in house financing

i take it that is a pretty solid deal? still debating between this and the A4 (which comes with free maintenance so the cost diff in payments is minor)
  • Options
    That's funny. We're in the same boat. A4 vs S60. The issue here though is that Audi is over 30mi away from us and the servicing would be a pain in the rear.
  • Options
    volvo and audi are virtually next to each other in ATL - the audi dealership lost major points by giving me an exploding offer -tonight at 7 pm - um, i think not - i spoke with the GM to settle them all down and i think we got back to talking about a luxury car -volvo seems to be underselling and the fact they are discounting 10-12 off MSRP tells it is on par with an accord not a bwm or infiniti - so for a little more money over the 36 months, audi seems like a better car and decision...will see if they manage to mess it up

also i am converned over size of these sedans but a4 and volvo seem pretty comprable on back seat space - do you agree? sport sedan category doesnt provide much sedan like room - the volvo ride also was more sedan like while the audi had a ton more kick and seems more fun to drive - i guess 2 very different cars for a similar lease purchase - pls let me know what you are doing - check out my recent posts on audi lease board to see the pretty good offer i got - the one they said was wrong but will honor till tonight @ 7 pm

cheers
  • Options
    We're going up to the Audi tonight to look. She's an Audi girl, but the fact that they're SO FAR AWAY just bites. The A4 seems a little smaller than the S60, but our kids are only 5 and 3, so that really doesn't matter to us. Yeah, Volvo has definitely gotten more 'value' over the years. I would say Acura/Buick level styling and costs. However, the RV isn't holding nicely thus the incentives needed to push them along. Surly they're not the 36% that we see with American cars, but not the 54% like Audi and even the Acura TL is getting these days.

Our chief concern is the reliablilty of the A4 coupled with the servicing distance. Volvo certainly isn't the best servicing record either, but at least it's local for us....much more sedan and safety is unmatched IMHO.
  • Options
    sunpro2003sunpro2003 Member Posts: 15
    Located in NJ.
    Is this a good lease deal?

2006 S60-AWD-MSRP-$38,335
    Net Cap Cost-$26,477
    Term-36 months
    15K Miles/Year
    Money Factor=.00202(4.85%)
    Residual-$16,484(43%)
    Monthly Lease Payment-$365
    Due on Delivery
    1st payment-$365
    Sales Tax-864
    1st years fees-261
    Security Deposit-0
    Other Upfront costs-777
    Total due at Signing-$2,267.

1. Is this a good deal? If not, what would you think the payment should be?

2. If I wait until August 1st, I would think dealers
    would have better lease rates since they want to unload
    2006 models before 2007's come in. Should rates be better in August?

3. What would you think a lease payment would be on a 2007 S60 AWD($38,000 price) if I can get the 2006 S60 at $365/month for 36 months?

Thanks
  • Options
    volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    1 looks good to me

2 dealers don't control lease rates. Rates are going up, not down. the lease incentive program is designed to unload 06's this month.

3 who knows? Part of your deal IS the lease incentive $$. No such incentives on an 07.
  • Options
    did you buy the audi or volvo? i sold my car tonight so i am going to move quickly..i think the audi will do the trick
  • Options
    liverichlyliverichly Member Posts: 25
    the lease incentive program is designed to unload 06's this month.

Are you saying Volvo is still doing the $10k lease incentive in July?

An R for under $400/mo on a 36 month lease with 15k miles/year is a great deal IMO, I was expecting it to be in the $500-600/mo range (on a 60 month lease too).
  • Options
    Lease incentive applies for July.
    However, residuals have dropped so payments will go up slightly anyway.
  • Options
    Thanks for confirmation of the lease incentive and I hear you on the residuals. Do you happen to know what the residuals are for the 36/48/60 month terms? The flag next to your name makes me think you work for Volvo or something.
  • Options
    Residuals are bank dependent, and mileage dependent.
    Figure 36 mos @ 41% for 15k/yr
    48 mos @ 33%
  • Options
    smartkidsmartkid Member Posts: 5
    THis is a great deal. I would say go for it. I have a s60, but not all wheel drive. I leased it and the msrp was around $37. My monthly payment is 425 and i put $2000 down. Your deal seems very good. Dont lose it :)
  • Options
    smartkidsmartkid Member Posts: 5
    I was wondering if I should purchase a Volvo XC90 or a Lexus RX350. They are both quite luxurious. The advantage is simplyu that the Lexus is more reliable and that it has 270 horsepower pushing 251 lb torque. Yet, i have a Volvo s60 and i love it. Rides great and no problems since 2002, when i bought it. The Volvo features a turbo and the best crash testing scores i have ever witnessed. Please respond quickly because i need a car for my wife.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    well, you are on a volvo discussion.

get the xc90.

personally, i think the lexus suv is quite unattractive.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    I think the Volvo SUV is the best looking mid-size SUV on the market.
  • Options
    25stjames25stjames Member Posts: 6
    Is this a good deal?
    2006 s60 2.5t
    msrp 35,675
    48 months
    12k per year
    $320 per month
    $999 down
  • Options
    You were right on the button for those residuals.

I ended up leasing an '06 S60 R yesterday with manual transmission.

MSRP: 45,020
    Cap Cost: Just under $33k (not including LoJack or PermaPlate which were added during discussion with finance manager)
    Term: 48 months
    Mileage: 15k miles per year
    Residual: 33%
    Money Factor: .00265
    Payment: $557/mo
    $2k total due at signing, $1k went to cap cost reduction
  • Options
    sbvolvosbvolvo Member Posts: 7
    We have been shopping the S60R and received the following lease offer today.

MSRP: $43,810
    Cap cost: $31,616
    Term: 36 months
    Mileage: 15k
    Residual; 41%
    Money factor: .00236
    Payment: $558.77/mo.
    Due at signing: $898.52

We mentioned the incentives that I read about here and they were really up front about what they are getting. They even showed us the dealer sheet showing over $11k in incentives right now on the S60R. they have about $10k on the S60 T5 special ed. but we are in love with the R now that we drove it. We really wanted a payment that was around $500-$525 with one payment drive-off. Do you think this is possible?
  • Options
    Is that the payment including taxes?

Without I calculate it to be ~$494.

41% of $43810 is $17692.10

$31616 - $17692 = $13624 / 36 = $378
    $31616 + $17692 = $49308 x .00236 = $116

Or total about $494.

So if they are telling you $558 is the payment without taxes there is something missing or they are wrong. If you want to reduce the payment you'd want to put some money down as a cap cost reduction, or negotiate the cap cost lower.
  • Options
    sunpro2003sunpro2003 Member Posts: 15
    The new quote for July 8th changed from the June 10th quote
    Looks like residual went from 43% to 42%; money factor went up to .00207, cap cost went down by $230 and a $500 rebate went away.

2006 S60-AWD-MSRP-$38,335
    Net Cap Cost-$26,247
    Term-36 months
    15K Miles/Year
    Money Factor=.00207(4.97%)
    Residual-$16,100(42%)
    Monthly Lease Payment-$370
    Due on Delivery
    1st payment-$370
    Sales Tax-845
    1st years fees-261
    Security Deposit-0
    Other Upfront costs-777 (Money down)
    Total due at Signing-$2,253

This lease is via US Bank.

1. The price for the New 2007 S60 was quoted at $417 for 36 months(15K miles/year). So for $47 more per month, I can get a brand new 2007. Is this a decent deal?

2. What is new in the 2007 S60 versus the 2006 S60?

3. I received something from Volvo(since I lease an XC90 now) that references a $2,000 loyalty bonus on year end 2006 S60's from 7/6 to 7/31. This is only available if you lease with Volvo finance. Does anyone know about this?

4. I was told that the payment on either lease can be reduced by $10 per month if I go with 12K versus 15 K miles per year. I usually trade in my leased vehicles about 6 months prior to maturity at mileage below the allowed and they usually pick up the remaining payments and any overmileage if I lease a new vehicle from them.
    Does it make sense to pay the extra $10 for miles if I know I am going to lease another Volvo from them?

5. Is the Volvo Navigation System available on the 2006 S60? It looks like it pops out of the dashboard which is pretty cool. I like this setup versus the portables that stick to you windshield. However, it looks like a $2K option. Any others you would recommend?

Thanks
  • Options
    Well, if you are getting all the incentives, then another $25-50 mo is not happening. You would need another $1-2K off the price of the car.
  • Options
    1 its your $47/mo.

2 07 S60 has a new front bumper and tire pressure monitoring is standard.

3 the 06 lease w/ VFNA is horrible. Even w/ the $2k.

4 Don't bet that you will be able to get out of your lease early. Esp if it is a bank lease. All that will happen is that your dealer will take the payments and mileage out of the discount on a new car. Take the miles you need and the term you can live with. It will save you money in the long run.

5 Nav is available on the 06 but very, very rare.
  • Options
    Honestly I think the Nav for the Volvo (the pop up in the middle) is a little ghetto looking. I've read it's not touch screen, that you control it with some knobs near the steering wheel. For the $2k it costs you can get an aftermarket one for around $1200 less with a lot more features (a Megallan that sticks on your dash). While you have me on it the stereo head unit on the S60 does the job for CD's, but if you want to play MP3 CD's or plug in a non iPod MP3 player it won't support it. Alpine makes a good aftermarket stereo/nav system all in one for around $1k.

IVA-W200:
    http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=IVA-W200

Read about one user's experience with it here:
    http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=60574
  • Options
    problem w/ the touch screens is that you have to take your eyes off the road to use them. Not safe.
    Having the scrren on top of the dash minimizes this.
    Some other auto makers are following suit.

The Volvo system can be controlled either by the steering wheel or by a remote control.
  • Options
    I see the point of the Nav on top of the dash but it looks like it lacks features some of the other Nav systems offer. The Alpine is a solution for the MP3 & DVD discs as well, for half the cost of Volvo's you can get a lot more utility.
  • Options
    bach63bach63 Member Posts: 18
    Volvomax, (or anyone else that knows) are the lease incentives you mentioned for July the same for all models? I was looking at the S60 2.5T AWD, but if the incentive is more on the S60R I might take the leap. Also, just to clarify, the $10,000 incentives are for non-VFNA leases, is that correct? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Options
    Incentives vary from model to model.
    The R has the most.
    The incentives only work in conjunction w/ non VFNA leases.
  • Options
    petrus36petrus36 Member Posts: 20
    Did you already buy your S60R? I just bought the black saphire S60R MSRP $44,101 for 36 months, 15K miles, $550 total drive off and my payments are $455/month. I would keep working them.
  • Options
    What was your cap cost & money factor?
  • Options
    araba3araba3 Member Posts: 16
    I am confused. I am hoping to lease an S60 and this was the offer made:
    s60 2.5TAWD
    List price: 37,330 (has premium package and some other things)
    Real price: $35,077
    I would put $1154 down, which includes first month/0 security/0 cap cost reduction and $795 acquisition fee)
    For 12k miles (which I plan to ask to boost to 15k) and 36 months, payments before tax: $359
    But based on the numbers in this forum, the car's residual will beless than what I would have to pay at the end of the lease to acquire the car (about $1000 less, if I did the figures right). is this a problem? Does the deal look good? Is there anything I can do to reduce the monthly payments (negotiate further the price of the car? I don't want the premium package etc, but that's all the dealer has left).
    --only thing is, the dealer said it includes the registration fee, although I am wondering if he is mistaken....another Volvo dealer who came up with a down payment of $1600 for a similar car with similar monhtly (although not AWD/but the initial payment includes registration fee) said he could not figure out how the first dealer got the initial payment so low unless he was also paying registration fee.
    I'm also looking at the Infiniti G35, which has about $389/mo for 24 months, but requires $2k down. but it's not AWD.
    thanks
  • Options
    My cap cost was just a little under $34k for an S60R (MSRP around $44k) and I just leased on 7/8/07, I'd think you could get them down another $3-4k considering this is the 2.5T.
  • Options
    alleykat26alleykat26 Member Posts: 5
    just picked up an S60 2wd premium pkg + sirius and homelink for 27,800. MSRP just over 35000
  • Options
    wow. did you lease it? if so, monthly cost? :confuse:
  • Options
    the cap cost is more like $24,500 (I mixed up the sticker price and the price at which the lease is being offered--the MSRP is $35,550).
    I'm going with the second (seemingly more pricey) dealer: the first called me back today and suddenly changed the original offer. In the end, he came the same as the second dealer, and for an AWD, but I was so displeased with the dishonesty (he claimed the initial dealer who spoke with me was new...too bad he was not actually new and was conferring with his manager the whole time }
    So now, with the second, at least honest dealer, the deal is 1700 out of pocket, which includes first month's payment of $380 (which includes state tax of 7 percent in the monthly payment) for 36 months with 15,000 miles a year. This is for 2WD, plus premium package and climate control. The money rate is 00.207 and the residual, I can't recall, but it totals $14,989. I am pleased with the deal, just unsure whether instead to buy a 2004 Volvo S60 with low low mileage quite cheap!