Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volvo S60 Lease Questions

Comments

• volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    08 is the last year for the S60.
    The tranny issue is being addressed, you should see normal allocations after the first of the year.

S40 will go away,but not until the new S60 debuts,which is in 2010.
  • Ok, now here's my question. Is purchasing a 2007 S60 2.5T not a good move? What's the deal re: the tranny? Are there issues w/the tranny or are they phasing them out? And if so, why? I have an offer for 26K for a 2007 S60 2.5T w/premium and metallic paint. Any help is appreciated. Going to dealer tomorrow.
  • I have an offer for a 2007 S60 2.5T w/premium and metallic paint. Is this a good deal? What's the deal re: the tranny? Is there a problem w/the tranny? Would I be better off w/a 2008? Going to dealer tomorrow. Any help, thanks! Love my Volvo, but want to make the right move.
  • kgukgu Posts: 4
    Check the Volvo "S60 Price Paid" group. They usually paid 28.5~30K (before TTL) for similar cars. I think (invoice - 4.5K) is a good price.

There used to be a 4.5K leasing incentive. But it is expired I think.
    Just a supplier issue w/ the tranny.
    For whatever reason, Aisin-Warner ran short on the automatic tranny.
    Unless you are buying a loaner car, $26,000 won't get you an 07 S60 with those options.
  • The problem with the tranny supplier is there was a sudden demand worldwide for v70 2.5T's before the new body style came out and aisin-warner put all there efforts into keeping up with the V70 demand causing a shortage.
  • So if this is the last year of the S60 and the new one doesnt come out until 2010. We are going to be left with no S60's to sell for 2009? Thats not smart, S60 is a good seller.
    Yup.
    Hopefully, we'll be selling lots of XC60's :D
  • Possible Remorse. Please console or congratulate. Looking for help.

Newly Minted Deal:
    2800 Cash
    S60 2008 2.5Turbo AWD
    Blue (the light blue); Tan Interior
    Premium Package
    Lease 400 per month
    Buy out 17550 after 36 month Lease

We looked, drove and priced pre-owned S60s, both 04 (23K miles for 23K) and an 05 and decided that the deal listed above was the best value. The dealer said we could only choose between the light blue (tan interior) or the maple (black interior). We chose the light blue (tan interior with grey and brown trim). I think it is a standard type of color and trim not sure.

We signed this evening (Saturday night). My question is, "Did we secure a fair if not a better than fair deal?" My only concern after the fact is whether or not we could have leased a dark blue with black interior for same lease price (from another dealership).

Thoughts?
  • Thanks for input. Oops...I meant $28K is offer for new 2007 S60 2.5T w/premium, wood wheel and metallic. Is this a good price or could I do better? Since S60 may be disappearing, is it a good idea to purchase one before they are phased out? Is it a bad choice because of this?
  • Good point Volvomax. I hope we see lots of those!! :shades:
  • Looks like a good deal to me.
  • looks like you made a good move. thats a great deal.
  • jcb123jcb123 Posts: 18
    I was at local dealer on Saturday to test drive / negotiate for the lease on a 2008 S-60. MSRP with premium package, advanced package was $35,730. Looking at 36 month, 12,000 miles lease. No cash out of pocket except for acquisition cost, 1st payment, license, etc. Price offered wasn't locked down, but monthly payment came back at $568. Per salesperson, money factor was .00200 or 4.8% which seems ok, but the quoted residual was only 43%. I had an S-60 back in 2001 and I thought the residual was about 10% higher. Can anyone confirm the residual numbers for a new S-60? Any info on why so low? :confuse:
    From reading the last 2-3 pages of posts, it seems as if my 43% residual quote for a 2008 S-60 2.5T is low. I thought I saw a 50% number in an earlier response with a 15,000 mile, 3-year deal?

Also, any thoughts on the 2.5T vs the T5 ? At first my salesperson said there were no T5s for 2008 but they were on the lot and in his catalog?
  • is my post number 499 in the wrong place?
  • Yes residulas dropped if you are looking at 2007's. They are infact T5's available for 2008.
  • can someone comment on my acquisition, please.

Possible Remorse. Please console or congratulate. Looking for help.

Newly Minted Deal:
    2800 Cash
    S60 2008 2.5Turbo AWD
    Blue (the light blue); Tan Interior
    Premium Package; Climate Control
    Lease 400 per month
    Buy out 17550 after 36 month Lease

We looked, drove and priced pre-owned S60s, both 04 (23K miles for 23K) and an 05 and decided that the deal listed above was the best value. The dealer said we could only choose between the light blue (tan interior) or the maple (black interior). We chose the light blue (tan interior with grey and brown trim). I think it is a standard type of color and trim not sure.

We signed this evening (Saturday night). My question is, "Did we secure a fair if not a better than fair deal?" My only concern after the fact is whether or not we could have leased a dark blue with black interior for same lease price (from another dealership).

Thoughts?
  • kgukgu Posts: 4
    It looks a pretty good deal to me. congratulation.
  • thats a better than great deal. good job.
  • thanks for the reply as i am unsure about dealers and dealerships. thanks again.
    Looking for any comments on following deal:

2008 Volvo S-60 2.5 T AWD with advanced, premium, and climate packages. Titanium grey.
    MSRP - $37,100
    Price - :confuse: $30,073 (number supposedly used to calc lease)??
    Residual - 44%
    Money factor - .00245
    36 months/12,000 miles
    Monthly payments of $596
    First payment + TTL due at signing

I know something doesn't seem right about the price above, but that's my best info at the moment. Please see if anything is possible to calculate with the other info and I will try to confirm or correct the one number.
  • Hello jcb123. It looks as though this deal may be being run through an independent bank rather than through Volvo Finance. If that is the case, then there is a $5,250 cash incentive on it that you can use to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease. In addition to this cash incentive, this car has a spread of just under $2,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. This gives you a total of around $7,200 to play with during your negotiations. The $7,027 discount that you were quoted on this car looks good to me. You may want to comparison shop with another dealer or two just to make sure that this is as good as it gets on this car in your area right now, but this looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I have the following deal from a dealer for a 2008 S60 with premium package in the Miami florida area.

Initial payment $1,500.

term 48 months
    Monthly payment $389 plus tax
    Money Factor: 0.01875
    Residual : $12,000

The only problem is I was not given the Cap cost.

Is this a good deal?
  • I signed the lease for my 2008 S60 on Saturday. I have a week to decide if I want to purchase a maintenance package for $695 which will cover oil changes, wiper blades, fluids and brake pads for the next 36 months. Anyone do this?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,536
    well... if I assume you took a 15k per year lease, we're talking maintenance for the next 45k miles. In that time, if you change the oil every 5k miles (i don't know what current requirements are of the '08 S60, but 5k is probably too soon), that's 9 oil changes. If you use an independent volvo mechanic, those will be ~$30 each, for a total of $270. You MAY need front brake pads in 45k miles. maybe not. But if you do, you might be looking at $150. Wiper blades? $15 and change them yourself, if so inclined. I dunno. I'm just not seeing $695 being necessary, personally. If you could find out exactly what is included in that ... I mean, they have a schedule they follow, so the dealer should be able to say "we'll do x, y, and z at this number of miles, then xx, yy, zz at this number, etc, etc." And if you feel you want to follow THEIR schedule and overmaintain your leased vehicle, then that is up to you.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• Any idea on Q4 incentives for S60 2.5T 08s? (not R models) Or do these incentives only apply to 07s?
  • Hi geomens. The money factor that you were quoted for this car looks good, but as you said you didn't mention its selling price. This is a very important number to know. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. One should always find out the selling price and MSRP of the vehicle that they want to lease. They will show you how much of a discount you are being given and to double check the dealer's calculation of your monthly payment. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi gnotcat. I don't believe that Volvo is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the 2008 S60 through Volvo Finance. It does have $750 dealer cash on this model right now, but it is not compatible with Volvo Finance's special lease program. Volvo is providing a $5,000 cash incentive on leases of 2008 S60 2.5T 2WD models through independent banks.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you please tell me what are the current rebates (if any) on the 2007 S60R?

Also, can you please provide MF and residual information for the following terms:

24 month 12k
    36 month 12k

Thank you