Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volvo S60 Lease Questions

Comments

• eliscoelisco Posts: 6
    Not that I know of... The lease deal seems really good, so I would assume so.
    Should I ask for money factor and risidual?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,440
    You definitely want to know every detail beforehand.

My concern would be your S40. If you feel you truly could turn around and make some money on it, why wouldn't you?

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• ortegaortega Posts: 57
    CarMan, could you post the April MFs and residuals for the S60 T5 FWD on 36mo & 48mo leases, 15k miles/yr? Also, do you have these numbers for higher mileage like 16K & 17K?

Thanks in advance!
    Any opinion on the deal I just closed on would be appreciated!

I traded my old lease in for the new S60
    Premium Sound
    Navigation with rear camera
    Park assistance
    Dynamic package with upgraded rims

Full tank of gas and tint
    12k per year

1000$ down
    350 inclusive of tax monthly payment
    3 years

Gross cap cost on the car: 33,613
  • rman850rrman850r Posts: 14
    Elisco,

Were you provided any equity on your current car?

Do have the down payment and adds to cap cost?

Do you have the MSRP as well as money factor and residual?
    Yes. I was given $2662 equity on my previous lease.

I put 1000$ down. Total credited toward down payment: 4662$

Suggested retail for my car listed on sticker: 38,725$
    Gross cap cost is 33613$

I'm not sure where to find residual. Buy out at the end of my lease is 22k

Did I get a good deal?
  • dcooper6dcooper6 Posts: 8
    Wondering if I got a good deal.

36 mos/10k miles per
    617 out of pocket including 1st month payment
    Premium package, Climate package, and 17" Njord wheels
    Final Price was 32,025, Sticker was about $35K
    Had 3 payments left on a previous lease of about $700 total which they got me out of
    $356 per month payment

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • ursusursus Posts: 48
    How much equity did you get for your old lease? It must have at least covered your tax and acquisition fee.
    Looks like they have the Trade/Lien Payoff at $13,229.
    Assuming you had a Volvo (and not a Toyota Corolla ;) ) 3 year lease through US Bank with an artificially low residual, your equity was probably $5-$8K depending on the car. Had they given you at least $5K, your lease would be around $246/month including assumed 7% tax and $995 acquisition fee, based on .00017 MF and 57% residual. With your number it looks like they gave you about $1.5K of equity.

But it's all very approximate with some guessing on my part since I don't have all the numbers.
    Actually, I had a Honda Civic LX. So a Corolla isn't far off.

I just got home so I have all of the numbers:

Price of Car - $32,025
    Sales/Use Tax (8.625%)- $1,104
    Acq. Fee - $695
    Gross Cap Cost - $33,825
    Cap cost Reduction (Volvo Conquest) - $1,000
    Adj. Cap Cost - $32,825
    Residual - $20,334
    Total Monthly payments - $12,816
    (incl. $325 Rent Charge)

$356 per month plus
    Fees - $93.50
    Upfront Tax - $93
    Doc Fee - $75
    Total out the door - $617

And they ate my $700 in Civic payments.
    I think you got a very good deal, enjoy.
  • hvermahverma Posts: 1
    Hi, you got a very good deal. Where did you buy the car? Is this in Texas?
  • enjoyablegabienjoyablegabi Posts: 6
    edited April 2012
    I need you to scrutinize my numbers and offer your two cents.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Trading in a 2002 XC70 with 95k miles
    Leasing an 2012 S60 T5 with:
    - Premium Package (leather, moonroof)
    - Cold Weather Package
    - Chrome exhaust tips
    Nothing due at inception, getting a check for $3,000
    $419/mo for 36 months @ 12k miles/year in Chicago
    Good deal or no? It still feels high, but with nothing down except half the value of my trade-in, it might be about right.
    It is way too high. What's the MSRP (metallic is extra $$), sales tax, dealer fee, tags & title fee, how much was acquisition fee, exact amount of the half of you trade-in...?
  • How do you know it's too much if you don't follow how much I'm putting down??? It would seem that is impossible. :) Forget the trade-in math. Assume I'm putting $2,000 down. No first and last payment or anything else paid at inception.

The MSRP is $35,920
    if I reverse engineer the deal and remove the options I can get exactly to the 3293 down, $299/mo deal being advertised for the base S60, but my issue is why are the whole purchase prices of the options being rolled in when I'm only leasing the car. For example, I don't want to "buy" the leather option over 36 months.

Thanks again for your help. Please tell me more. :)
    edited April 2012
    "How do you know it's too much if you don't follow how much I'm putting down???"

"It's very simple, Watson" (c) ;). Of course, I just assumed that the half of your trade-in is $3,000. But wanted to make sure that "half" is not a figure of speech. FYI: each $1K equals approximately $30 in monthly payment.

Now, "No first and last payment or anything else paid at inception". It was all rolled in your monthly payment. That's why to give you precise number, I need to know about all the fees that will be rolled in your monthly payment. By just guessing some of it, your payment should be ~ $360-370/month based on approx. sale price $34,284 (invoice) and $1K loyalty cash.
    edited April 2012
    "...but my issue is why are the whole purchase prices of the options being rolled in when I'm only leasing the car. For example, I don't want to "buy" the leather option over 36 months."

But for 36 months you will be sitting, spilling coffee etc. on this leather, no? It's called "amortization" ;) This is what you pay for.
  • You don't know me very well. That car will be returned to the dealership in 3 years without a mark. Niles Crane from Frasier with less money is about right. I have a problem. :)

I'm going to get a list of those fees for you to look at. I think another place I might be off is the MSRP is a touch higher than the "good price" on the Amex site.

Will post as soon as I have those numbers. Thanks so much for the helpful replies.
  • not MSRP, the sticker is a touch higher than the "good price" I meant.
    Car_man can give you a better idea about sale price. I think at least invoice or even $500 under is a good price.
  • Ok, Ursus... Here you go. This is the most expensive as an example:
    MSRP: 36,565
    Taxes (Chicago): 547.50
    Acquisition: 161.39
    Same-day License Plate: 25.00
    Title: 95.00
    License Fee: 99.00
    $2000 down, nothing paid by me at inception, $424.19/mo.
    School me! Thanks again.
  • Here is another example, just in case it helps:
    MSRP: 35,820
    Taxes (Chicago): 473.25
    Acquisition: 161.39
    Same-day License Plate: 25.00
    Title: 95.00
    License Fee: 99.00
    $2000 down, nothing paid by me at inception, $407.77/mo.
    School me! Thanks again.
    What's the sale price? Did you get $1,000 loyalty cash which is available to you as a Volvo owner? Acquisition fee is $695-995 if financed through US Bank (Volvo finance bank). I can only tell you how much it should be if I at least know answers to my questions. You should read about leasing first to understand how it works. It should be somewhere on edmunds.com or just google it.
    BTW. You should consider buying it instead of leasing. It's a straight forward deal for you, unlike leasing. Volvo currently offers 1.9% for 72 months. If you get the car with MSRP 35,820 at invoice and get $1K loyalty your payments will be around $465/month with $1.5K down and paying sales tax (I believe it's 9.25% in the Chicago area) and all other fees upfront with the remainder of your trade-in ($3.5K). Or you can roll you sales tax into the monthly payments and increase down payment. You can play with numbers on online car payment calculator.
  • lhkorn99lhkorn99 Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    I traded in my 2007 S40 2.4i (with 52K miles) of which payoff was $11k.

I leased the S60 T5 with Climate Package, and Premium Package and 12Kmiles/year for 36 mths

MSRP $34,875.

I got Net Cap Cost $31,802.
    Base Payment $349 with $1094 down and they are paying off my S40.

Good deal or not?
  • huny409huny409 MAPosts: 14
    I currently finance my 2009 VW Jetta SE 24700 mi on it and am looking into leasing a Volvo S60 T5, MSRP $35,070. I am 3 years into my loan and currently owe about $15,900 on it. Considering I'd have to "rollover" my current loan to go to a lease now, what is the price range I should be looking in to consider it a good deal. I'd put a max of $1000 down initially to cover fees and first months payment. Many thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,440
    How in the world, after 3 years, do you still owe $16k on a Jetta SE?? The original MSRP was only $20k.

You either financed for an absurdly long time or you already rolled a great deal of negative equity into it.

If you are lucky, they will give you $12k for your car, which means you are still $4k in the hole. I STRONGLY suggest you don't roll that into a lease. PLEASE, keep your Jetta until you are right-side up and stop digging this hole.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• huny409huny409 MAPosts: 14
    edited April 2012
    Hi gbrozen - You're right, I did roll over some inequity when I got this car. The loan also included an extended warranty that I purchased (which I know I can get a prorated refund - not much, but I know some). And since I keep rolling over inequity, I felt that leasing was a better way to go (along with low mileage, want for a new car every few years, etc).

My question is, how is it any different to pay the difference in what I owe until I'm right side up, vs. putting a down payment on a lease (which I'm aware, they say not to do it - besides the obvious of paying towards something that I will own)?