Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S80 Lease Questions

Comments

• theroux1theroux1 Posts: 13
    Well, opted for the V8 after all (instead of the T6). It seems like it's a really great lease deal at the moment.

MSRP $57,000 (everything except Nav & Collision Package)
    Cap Cost $39,654 (selling price)
    Residual $24,500

36 month lease / 12,000 miles per year
    $2,100 down
    $527/month

Total cost of use: $21,100/36 mos.

Anyone do better than this?
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    MSRP $57,000 (everything except Nav & Collision Package)
    Cap Cost $39,654 (selling price)

Damn!!
  • crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    I know right now that Volvo is hot to move 2008's and I see that a lot of folks are getting spectacular deals on 2008's. I've always admired the Cross Country (XC70) but after driving a 2008 I decided that I'd prefer a little more power. I know that the T6 will be available in the 2009 XC70. Are there current programs on the 2009? Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi crestonave. This particular discussion is for community members to talk about leasing the Volvo S80. You stand a much better chance of having any questions that you have about leasing an XC70 answered if you post them over in the "Volvo XC70 Lease Questions" discussion.

For now I can quickly provide you with the info that you're looking for. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 XC70 3.2 with 15,000 miles per year are .00169 and 51%, respectively. Volvo is not providing lease support on any other trim levels of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey crestonave. Please see my previous post for the info that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • onconc Posts: 26
    I leased back in 6/08 but forgot to post it. This site helped me a lot and I thank everyone here for that.

I got 2008 S80 3.2, Gold metallic paint, PCC, climate and sport package.
    I took 48 month lease given the warranty covers the whole 4 years and I take good care of my cars. I also was not sure if the S80 will have such discounts in 3 years.

I do not remember the exact numbers but MSRP was around $45500, selling price around $33500 (invoice minus $500 Costco discount minus $4250). MF was around 0.00225
    Downpayment was $1500, monthly with tax: $484.
    Done through Chase bank ($1000 allowance for wear and tear).

It is probably not the best deal possible but they gave me an extra $500 on my trade in than anybody else (including Carmax) and Costco mailed me $500 cash card. So you take that extra $1000 and I think it becomes a great deal.

By the way, the car is just amazing. NO problems so far. Sport package with cooled seats is very nice here in Texas. The value for the money can not be matched by anything else in the market. The car rides like a charm and feels very luxurious inside. I will get XC90 for my wife in 12/08 when our Pilot lease is up.
    Congratulations on getting your new S80, onc. Thanks for stopping back to let us all know how everything turned out. If you'd like, you can also hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your dealer experience. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • robger99robger99 Posts: 42
    How do you like the car. Seems like a great deal. Im looking at a similar car and the initial email numbers from the first dealer are over $600.00 month with 1500 down on three years at 15 k year! Doesnt seem like a very good deal.Im in Michigan and there are 3-4 dealers here.
  • theroux1theroux1 Posts: 13
    I love it. I would have been very happy with the V6 turbo but the V8 is very nice. I'd look for another dealer if the first one won't deal. I had two separate dealers within 20 miles offer the same deal to me. I'm in Southern NJ/PA.
  • Car Man or others, I am in market for either 2008 or 2009 s80. Over the weekend dealers told me that there was no more leasing on 2008's only to be told today that Volvo Finance is offering leases. I hear that $4750 dealer cash may still be available on 2008's but no idea on 2009. Any idea about incentives, residuals, factors on 36 or 48 month leases 12k per year? Any other suggestions appreciated.
  • Hi carfan22. Volvo Finance was running a special lease program on the 2008 S80 in October, but only in certain parts of the U.S., specifically the Southern and Western parts. In those areas, Volvo Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '08 S80 3.2 2WD with 12,000 miles per year were .00189 and 45%, respectively. I say were because I have not seen if this lease program has changed for the month of November yet. It probably hasn't, but I still need to check.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 model are .00234 and 51%.

For leases through independent banks Volvo is providing $9,000 on the '08 S80 3.2 2WD and $6,500 on the '09 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks car Man,

I am not sure the $9000 and $6500 continued past Oct 31 but I will check.
  • Carman,

I am looking to lease (in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) a 2009 S80 T6 with metallic paint (req'd), the executive package, and park assist front and rear. MSRP, according to my numbers, should be $46390. I am looking for a 12k mi. lease for 36 mo.'s. What's the MF? What's the residual?

Also, I know Volvo is offering $2k for current Volvo owners, and a $750 holiday gift card which I've been told can also be applied to the deal. Any other incentives that you are aware of?

Thanks in advance!
  • FYI - Costco has another holiday Volvo promotion going on - $500 under employee pricing plus a Costco gift card and all other incentives still apply.
  • Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the S80 is not part of the special offer.
    :cry:
  • Jordon,
    I would like to clear something... Costco gets you Invoice - [All the incentinves+$1000]... Customer also gets a $500 gift card to be used at the Costco stores. If you have any further questions send me an email, I would be able to help you since I am very familiar with Volvo products/promotions.
  • Serdar:
    One question on the Costco program: Is the S80 included or not ?

Also, question to Serdar or Carman: A local dealership is running the following ad:
    '09 S80 (Base Car) lease with a total down of $2,750 ($2k out of pocket plus the $750 gift card from Volvo) .... 24 months / 12k miles ... payment of $399 plus tax.

How do the numbers look to you? My guess is they could even go lower or get more of a car for same price as dealers try to squeak in the last sales for the year. Your thoughts ?
  • After the Dec 4 post by serdarfl, I followed up with Costco and the fact is that the S80 is not part of the same promotion as the XC70, XC90 and V70. However, I went as far as talking to a representative that handles the Costco program at one of the Volvo dealers in the area, and he stated that through Costco I could get invoice price on the S80, plus all the applicable incentives at the moment.

Unfortunately, all they have available at the moment are T6's with oyster gray exterior and black interior, a color scheme I am not interested in. Ordering the car I want is always an option, but the current incentives don't include vehicles delivered outside of the incentive dates. However, if all you want is a 3.2, there should be plenty of those to choose from.
  • Jordon:
    how do you compare this vehicle to it's competitor's ? I have really just begun looking at this car and have never owner a Volvo before. It appears to be a value compared to other mid to large sized luxury sedans.
  • JPeriwinkle,

I think the Edmunds review on the S80 is right on the money. As far as quality and reliability, you may also want to check out similar blogs that deal with that. I have never owned an S80 before, so I cannot speak from experience except to say that my wife has been driving an XC90 for almost 4 years now and we have both been very pleased with that vehicle. We've never had an issue with our Volvo, and we love almost everything about it.

Having said that, I recently decided to take the plunge and lease a 2009 T6 with the works. I can't wait until I take possession of the car next week.
  • Jordon, you are right. My mistake. Costco only applies to XC's and V70. However if you work for a company that is affiliated with Ford or Volvo you qualify for the X-plan prices. You have to provide your dealer with a Pin Code.That gets you additional $2,500 on top of the current incentives. Also, If you currently own a Volvo that's 2,000 loyalty money on the S80. T6 is a very nice ride. Has the pick up the 3.2 lacks. I believe you already finalized the deal but I wanted to make sure you are aware of the promotions. Enjoy your vehicle!
  • Have just been quoted the following lease deal on a Volvo S80, 3.2 (not turbo or V8). Convenience package, navigation, BLIS - MSRP (according to Vovlocars.com)at $45,235. For 42 months, 15K/month, $1,200 down, and cap cost of $33,600 for a total monthly payment of $535/month plus tax. Seems a little high to me. I was hoping of something in the $400's including tax with no money down (other than 1st month's payment). Does this seem like a good deal? If not, how much can I negotiate off the quoted cap cost? I am not a current Volvo owner, nor do I have a family member who is a ford ee.

Thanks!!!
  • Carman, my lease is up in June. Will Volvo Finance negotiate on my buyout? If yes, any idea how I figure out what is the minimum they will take for the car? Thanks
  • Carman or others-

Just negotiated the following lease for a 2009 S80. I was hoping at the end of the day to be at $500 including tax, but I'm pretty happy with this. Any thoughts on whether I should take the deal?

3.2, Convenience Package, Climate Package, BLIS, Sirius - MSRP $44,335.00
    Sale Price - $31,601.00
    First month payment down only
    39 months
    12,000/year
    496.00/month plus tax = $530.00/month total
  • Hi johninDC. I do not have any personal experience in trying to negotiate a vehicle's end of term purchase option price with Volvo Finance. In general though, more often than not, banks will not negotiate these prices. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't try though. The only thing that you have to lose by giving them a call to see if they will work with you is a few minutes of your time.

Base your offer to them on what your used S80 is worth in the open market right now. You can find out approximately what your car is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

Car_man
    Host
  • sophie44sophie44 Posts: 1
    I am about to sign an S80 lease and would appreciate any informed feedback as to the negotiated terms.

The vehicle is a black/black 2009 S80 T6 with metallic paint, the climate package and diamond cut wheels. It is a 36 month/12K mile lease. I would be paying no cap reduction, only tax, title, licensing and first payment at signing.

The monthly payment is $459. Is there any reason not to close this deal?
  • azbmwx5azbmwx5 Posts: 10
    Hello Car_Man:

I realize that this is not a well frequented thread, so I hope that you will see my message. I am working on a lease for a 2009 S80 3.2 6 cyl (non-turbo), either the base model, or with only the convenience package added. I understand that the dealers are receiving $6,500 cash on this model. Can you give me Volvo Finance's money factor and residual on a three or four year deal, 10,000 or 12,000 miles per year? Can you also let me know what Volvo's bank fee is and if there is typically a fee at the end of the lease? I am seeing deals advertised that are all over the place, so I am willing to be flexible on the exact deal terms to get the best money factor/residual balance. I really appreciate your help.
    Hi azbmwx5. Volvo is providing $6,500 dealer cash on the 2009 S80 right now, but this cash is not compatible with its special lease program. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 S80 with 12,000 miles per year are .00172 and 43%, respectively. The 10k residual value would be 1% higher.

I know that Volvo Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases, but I'm not sure if it has a disposition aka termination fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • godfather9godfather9 Posts: 27
    Does anyone know the current money factor and residual for a 15k a year, 36 month lease?
  • godfather9godfather9 Posts: 27
    Here is what I have been offered on a 36 month, 15k lease on the s80 3.2

$29650 selling price
    2601 sales tax + other fees =

more importantly- 41% residual and .00208 mf. Can anyone verify what the lowest mf they can do is?