Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo S80 Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Cadillac STS. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• ron4xron4x Member Posts: 2
    Can you provide the money factor and residual for a 36 month lease at 15,000 miles per year for a S80 2.5T sedan with climate and convenience packages and dynamic stability and traction control (DSTC)?
    Thanks.
  • green33green33 Member Posts: 8
    can anyone provede current residual and money factor on a 24 month 12k/yr volvo s80 lease both for the v6 and v8 model.
    also any recent prices paid as well
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    I was just the quoted for 2007 s80 from dealer in NJ. Metallic, Climate, Leather
    MSRP: 40,600
    Vehicle Lease Price: 37,000
    24 Month Lease/10,500 miles per year
    Residual: 68%
    Money Factor: .00050 - Volvo financing
    $469.00 per month including NY taxes, $1,500 total at signing (includes 1st month payment, registration, sales tax, and ALL fees)
    Sales person told me there is a special promotion for current Volvo owners - I have leased xc90 from this person.
    Very nice guy excellent experience

I think it's quite attractive offer, what do you think?
  • travispetetravispete Member Posts: 24
    way too much...check out my deal on the other board.
  • osu18osu18 Member Posts: 18
    I'm about to get delivery of a 2007 S80 3.2, the dealer keeps telling that the APL doesn't make sense and doesn't even offer a quote versus current offer. Anyone who can help with how much the reduction on the MF is on the APL versus regular current lease?
  • raln48raln48 Member Posts: 33
    I am hoping that someone can reply back with the current best deal on the following lease variables for the S80:

1) Money Factor
    2) Acquisition Fee
    3) Residual for 36 mos with 15k per year

What is the MSRP for a V8 with the sport package?
    What is the range of discount from MSRP?
    Are there currently any incentives available?
    Thanks very much.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi green33. Here is the information that you are looking for. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Volvo S80 3.2 with 12,000 miles per year are .00050 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 S80 V8 are .00058 and 67%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi beoperson. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is right in line with Volvo Finance's buy rate for it. This is always a good thing. The residual value looks correct as well. You are being given a substantial discount on this car as well. Part of that is being provided by the $2,000 owner loyalty cash incentive that is currently available on the '07 S80. Even without this car, you are being given a $1,600 discount. It is difficult to tell exactly how much over invoice the price that you were quoted is, but it is less than $1,000 over which is a pretty good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi osu18. The last time that I checked, Volvo Finance provides a money factor reduction of .00041 for 24 month, .00083 for 36 month, and .00125 for 48 month Advance Pay Leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, raln48. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 S80 3.2 with 15,000 miles per year are .00143 and 52%, respectively. It charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. You can look up the MSRP of the exact car that you want by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com New Vehicle Pricing.

I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the S80 right now, but you may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car by visiting the following discussion: "Volvo S80: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". If you are a current Volvo owner or lessee you are eligible for a $2,000 owner loyalty incentive on the '07 S80.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • raln48raln48 Member Posts: 33
    Thanks very much Car_man. I'll research the rest.

raln48
    Thanks Car_man, this seems to be a great deal to go through the APL versus the regular lease rate, that would mean a net rate of .00009. Appreciate your help!
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    Car_man,
    Appreciate your input!
    No problem, raln48.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, osu18.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'm glad that I was able to help you out, beoperson. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • fatboy04fatboy04 Member Posts: 7
    Hey Car man can you help me out. I curently own a BMW. I am very interested in a loaded S80. What would my Money factor and residual be for the following: 24 months, 12,000 miles and 36 months 12,000 miles. Waiting on your reply
    Ray
  • fatboy04fatboy04 Member Posts: 7
    Can anyone provide me June's money factors and residual for S80 V8 for 24 and 36 months 12 000 miles.
    Thank you
  • bodidbodid Member Posts: 88
    Car_Man,

Do you have numbers for the 08' T-6 S80? There's a program from 6/29 through believe 7/06 for all new 08' Volvos. I'd be interested in the following,

08' Volvo S80 T-6
    36 months
    18K miles
    NY State Lease

Thanks,
    Bo
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    3.2 metalic grey
    Sports Package (18" wheels, xenon, etc)
    Climate Package
    Park Assist

$700 due at signing (includes first payment, tax and tag).
    $399 x 24 months (first payment already in inceptions above). With tax comes out to $424.

That's it. I used the $2,000 customer loyalty rebate.
    After a long wait for the car to be produced and shipped, I took delivery of my 3.2 S80, Silver on Black with the additions of PCC, Nav and Park Assist. One Pay deal for 24 Months and 30K miles, $13,489.00 Including all fees. part of the deal was the Volvo loyalty program. Love the Car but hate the ABS Check procedure that is felt on the accelerator every time after start up....
  • jeffw2121jeffw2121 Member Posts: 2
    I have just been offered the following lease. We are just preliminary looking so I dont have the exact numbers they are using for residual or money factor. Please let me know if this is a good deal or if I can do better:

2007 Silver Mettallic 3.2 S80 with Black Perforated Leather
    24 month lease/ 12k miles per year
    Sport, Climate, Navigation, Parking Assist, Blind Spot, PCC
    1k down payment
    $479/month plus tax

They let me take it for the weekend to test so I have to return on Monday and let them know.

Thanks for your help
    If the 1K is due at signing (meaning that includes everything, like tax, tag, first payment and other fees), andconsidering the options (certainly almost all options included), I would say it is a pretty good deal.

I love the sport package. I wish I could see any with navi in stock.
  • thebradthebrad Member Posts: 36
    I have been looking for an S80 lease and the dealer offered me the following deal:
    S80 3.2 silver metallic with comfort package only
    419/month + personal property tax ea month
    10.5 mi/yr, 24 months
    $2200 for taxes, title, dealer fees

The dealer is trying to yank me around on my trade..by a few grand. Is the lease offer a good deal or can I do better? I've read a few people are paying sub 400 for monthly payments.

Thanks in advance for the input
    You should be able to get the same deal with just $0 down. Just First payment, tax and tag. Maybe they are adding the difference of your trade in to the mix. Trade-ins are usually equivalent to throwing cash through the window.
  • carsmart1carsmart1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm starting the process of deciding if to lease a 2007 3.2 S80. The current lease offer sounds appealing, but I'm trying to understand the math behind the numbers. I'm qualified for "X" plan pricing, customer loyalty (I'm currently leasing a 2006 S60), as well as another available incentives. I've read about the $11K incentive to finance through a bank other than volvo-finance (although my dealer acts like he's never heard anything about this!). Can someone please help me understand what I should look at before walking into the dealership? Residual? Money Factor?
    Here you go Ray. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Volvo S80 3.2 with 12,000 miles per year are .00037 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00132 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey Bo. Here's the information that you're interested in. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Volvo S80 T6 with 18,000 miles per year are .00132 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting such a good deal on your new car, zamo. Make sure to stop by the new Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site to share your thoughts on your dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi thebrad. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this what car's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings carsmart1. It sounds as though you are new to leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a new vehicle is to negotiate the lowest possible selling price on it and then have the dealer calculate your lease payment using its buy rate lease money factor. You should be in good shape as far as the price of your vehicle is concerned because you will automatically be given an excellent price for purchasing through Ford's X-Plan. If you decide to lease this car through Volvo Finance, and while I am not sure it is possible that you may have to if you want to use the X-Plan, make sure that the dealer uses its buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment. This car's money factors vary by term, but its current 36 month buy rate is .00132.

Car_man
    Host
  • iaswedeiaswede Member Posts: 4
    what was the negotiated price on your deal? I have been trying to figure a 3.2 with climate only and am not getting that close to your payment. Anyone with any suggestions on how to get this car to sub 400 with only fp, tax and tag it would be appreciated. I don't want to put much down since I have to sell a 2000 XC70 in the paper.
    This was at the end of June at closing hours. They might have given me a deal to just close the books. At that time there was a 2 grand customer loyalty rebate too.

MSRP was around 44.5K and negotiated price was around 40K. Residual was a bit more than 30K. 24 month lease, 10.5K miles per year. The 2 grand were used as cap cost. Another 750 bucks paid by the dealer were used as part of the cap cost too. I paid first payment, tax and tag due at signing.

Hope it helps. Where are u located btw?
  • iaswedeiaswede Member Posts: 4
    Iowa. I have it figured as an s80 with climate only. 39,430 msrp. if i can get them to invoice of 37,031, use 2k to get it to 35,031. .00037, 24 months, 12k miles. 64 percent or 25, 235 residual. i am getting a payment of 456 which includes tax. What am I missing here? Is it the 12k miles that is affecting the bottom line?
  • britcrlvrbritcrlvr Member Posts: 83
    stop

you have msrp way too high on this car. 36K would be a better msrp for you and somewhere in the ballpark of what the dealer should take to get rid of this car.

things to remember the s80 has moved at an incredibly slow pace, therefore, you have the upper hand not the dealership. otherwise I think you are on the right track
  • tclantontclanton Member Posts: 15
    What are the current incentives on the 2008 S80 T6 (Volvo and non-Volvo finance)? What are the MF and residual on a (12K mile/year 24 month) and on a (12K mile/year 36 month lease)?
  • jabberjabber Member Posts: 64
    Carman, can you please answer tclanton's message on 8/11? I'm interested in the same. Can you also let us know figures for 10K/yr as well along with what the acquisition fee is and over mileage cost?

Thanks,
    Jabber
  • herms52herms52 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to close a deal on a Volvo S80, 3.2 liter car very shortly for a 24 month lease. I live in Long Island, NY and have been given the following quotes:
    1.$525 per month with no money down(tax in payment) and 12,000 miles. The MSRP is 40,600,the selling price is 36,130 and the residual is 25,985.
    2. With Navigation,$571.83 per month and no money down
    and 12k miles. The MSRP is 42,770, the selling price is 38,516
    and the residual is 27,372.
    Thanks for your prompt advice.
    Spencer
  • bcumberledgebcumberledge Member Posts: 1
    I heard new incentives come out today.

I've been driving an 08 S80 MRSP 49k (obviously this is fully laoded), sport, climate, nav, park assist.. very sweet car..

I'm wondering what I can get this for.. I've leased two vehicles from the same dealer in last (1998 s70 and 2006 s60).. so now Im not sure what to get this s80, xc90 or just an s60

I love the s80... (did note the weird pedal thing when driving first time...)

I am trying to figure out what this car has that others are quoting msrp 42k with nave.. how do I have 7k more in options??
  • varick222varick222 Member Posts: 6
    Just leased a 2007 S80 3.2 in NJ with nav, metallic paint, runflats and climate. 24 months, 10,500 miles/yr, I paid the sales tax/motor vehicle fees + 1st month pymt. out of pocket. Monthly payment $ 409.
    Hi tclanton. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 S80 T6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00341 and 74%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00337 and 59%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jabber. See my previous post for the info that you're looking for. Volvo Finance's residual values for leases with 10,500 miles per year are 1% higher than its 12,000 mile per year residual values. The last time that I checked, Volvo Finance charged a $595 acquisition fee on leases. I believe that Volvo Finance's excess mileage penalty is something like $0.20 per mile.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Spencer. Are you interested in a 2008 or a 2007 Volvo S80? I suspect that you are talking about an '07 model. Correct me if this is not the case. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks good to me. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Volvo Finance's buy rate lease money factor of .00132 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello bcumberledge. While the base MSRP of the 2008 Volvo S80 3.2 is only $39,450, one could easily add options to it to bring it to the $49,000 level. Navigation costs $2,000, the Sport Package is $2,500, the Climate Package is $875, park assist is $500. As you can see, the options add up.

Volvo is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive and special money factors for leases of the 2008 S80 through Volvo Finance. The S80 that you described has a spread of at least $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. When I add that to the aforementioned lease cash, it gives you a total of $4,500 to play with in your negotiations. I personally would shoot for a $3,500 to $4,000 discount if I was in the market for this car. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Volvo S80 Prices Paid and Buying Experience".

Negotiate the lowest selling price that you can on the car that you want and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using Volvo Finance's buy rate lease money factor. This car's buy rate is currently .00303 for 36 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new Volvo, varick222. Thanks for taking the time to stop in and share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • olivia5olivia5 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a deal for an '07 S80 with sports and climate and about everything else. metallic silver on black v6. Offer is 3k up front and 399 month 24 month 10,500. List on car is 45. I have never leased before (although this will be my 5th volvo). I would appreciate any thoughts.
  • apj74apj74 Member Posts: 4
    Carman,
    I leased a 07 S80 with 5400 downpayment and a monthly payment of 323 for 24 months with a 12000 annual mileage? Do you think this is a good deal?
    thanks,
    Greetings olivia5. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to negotiate a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you want and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If you let me know what this car's selling price and MSRP are, I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new S80, apj74. I usually advise consumers not to make such large down payments on leases because if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered part or all of any down payment that was made may disappear. Having said this, making a large down payment is not the end of the world and it does not mean that you got a bade deal on your lease.

It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide me with your car's MSRP and selling price. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • shellzshellz Member Posts: 51
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you provide the money factor and residuals for the 2008 Volvo S80 T6 and V8 for 24 and 36 months for 12,000 miles per year?

Thanks