Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S80 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Greetings carsmart1. It sounds as though you are new to leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a new vehicle is to negotiate the lowest possible selling price on it and then have the dealer calculate your lease payment using its buy rate lease money factor. You should be in good shape as far as the price of your vehicle is concerned because you will automatically be given an excellent price for purchasing through Ford's X-Plan. If you decide to lease this car through Volvo Finance, and while I am not sure it is possible that you may have to if you want to use the X-Plan, make sure that the dealer uses its buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment. This car's money factors vary by term, but its current 36 month buy rate is .00132.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • iaswedeiaswede Posts: 4
    what was the negotiated price on your deal? I have been trying to figure a 3.2 with climate only and am not getting that close to your payment. Anyone with any suggestions on how to get this car to sub 400 with only fp, tax and tag it would be appreciated. I don't want to put much down since I have to sell a 2000 XC70 in the paper.
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    This was at the end of June at closing hours. They might have given me a deal to just close the books. At that time there was a 2 grand customer loyalty rebate too.

MSRP was around 44.5K and negotiated price was around 40K. Residual was a bit more than 30K. 24 month lease, 10.5K miles per year. The 2 grand were used as cap cost. Another 750 bucks paid by the dealer were used as part of the cap cost too. I paid first payment, tax and tag due at signing.

Hope it helps. Where are u located btw?
  • iaswedeiaswede Posts: 4
    Iowa. I have it figured as an s80 with climate only. 39,430 msrp. if i can get them to invoice of 37,031, use 2k to get it to 35,031. .00037, 24 months, 12k miles. 64 percent or 25, 235 residual. i am getting a payment of 456 which includes tax. What am I missing here? Is it the 12k miles that is affecting the bottom line?
  • stop

you have msrp way too high on this car. 36K would be a better msrp for you and somewhere in the ballpark of what the dealer should take to get rid of this car.

things to remember the s80 has moved at an incredibly slow pace, therefore, you have the upper hand not the dealership. otherwise I think you are on the right track
  • tclantontclanton Posts: 15
    What are the current incentives on the 2008 S80 T6 (Volvo and non-Volvo finance)? What are the MF and residual on a (12K mile/year 24 month) and on a (12K mile/year 36 month lease)?
  • Carman, can you please answer tclanton's message on 8/11? I'm interested in the same. Can you also let us know figures for 10K/yr as well along with what the acquisition fee is and over mileage cost?

Thanks,
    Jabber
  • I would like to close a deal on a Volvo S80, 3.2 liter car very shortly for a 24 month lease. I live in Long Island, NY and have been given the following quotes:
    1.$525 per month with no money down(tax in payment) and 12,000 miles. The MSRP is 40,600,the selling price is 36,130 and the residual is 25,985.
    2. With Navigation,$571.83 per month and no money down
    and 12k miles. The MSRP is 42,770, the selling price is 38,516
    and the residual is 27,372.
    Thanks for your prompt advice.
    Spencer
  • I heard new incentives come out today.

I've been driving an 08 S80 MRSP 49k (obviously this is fully laoded), sport, climate, nav, park assist.. very sweet car..

I'm wondering what I can get this for.. I've leased two vehicles from the same dealer in last (1998 s70 and 2006 s60).. so now Im not sure what to get this s80, xc90 or just an s60

I love the s80... (did note the weird pedal thing when driving first time...)

I am trying to figure out what this car has that others are quoting msrp 42k with nave.. how do I have 7k more in options??
  • Just leased a 2007 S80 3.2 in NJ with nav, metallic paint, runflats and climate. 24 months, 10,500 miles/yr, I paid the sales tax/motor vehicle fees + 1st month pymt. out of pocket. Monthly payment $ 409.
  • Hi tclanton. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 S80 T6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00341 and 74%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00337 and 59%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Jabber. See my previous post for the info that you're looking for. Volvo Finance's residual values for leases with 10,500 miles per year are 1% higher than its 12,000 mile per year residual values. The last time that I checked, Volvo Finance charged a $595 acquisition fee on leases. I believe that Volvo Finance's excess mileage penalty is something like $0.20 per mile.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Spencer. Are you interested in a 2008 or a 2007 Volvo S80? I suspect that you are talking about an '07 model. Correct me if this is not the case. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks good to me. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Volvo Finance's buy rate lease money factor of .00132 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello bcumberledge. While the base MSRP of the 2008 Volvo S80 3.2 is only $39,450, one could easily add options to it to bring it to the $49,000 level. Navigation costs $2,000, the Sport Package is $2,500, the Climate Package is $875, park assist is $500. As you can see, the options add up.

Volvo is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive and special money factors for leases of the 2008 S80 through Volvo Finance. The S80 that you described has a spread of at least $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. When I add that to the aforementioned lease cash, it gives you a total of $4,500 to play with in your negotiations. I personally would shoot for a $3,500 to $4,000 discount if I was in the market for this car. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Volvo S80 Prices Paid and Buying Experience".

Negotiate the lowest selling price that you can on the car that you want and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using Volvo Finance's buy rate lease money factor. This car's buy rate is currently .00303 for 36 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Congratulations on getting your new Volvo, varick222. Thanks for taking the time to stop in and share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • I am looking at a deal for an '07 S80 with sports and climate and about everything else. metallic silver on black v6. Offer is 3k up front and 399 month 24 month 10,500. List on car is 45. I have never leased before (although this will be my 5th volvo). I would appreciate any thoughts.
  • apj74apj74 Posts: 4
    Carman,
    I leased a 07 S80 with 5400 downpayment and a monthly payment of 323 for 24 months with a 12000 annual mileage? Do you think this is a good deal?
    thanks,
  • Greetings olivia5. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to negotiate a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you want and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If you let me know what this car's selling price and MSRP are, I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Congratulations on your new S80, apj74. I usually advise consumers not to make such large down payments on leases because if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered part or all of any down payment that was made may disappear. Having said this, making a large down payment is not the end of the world and it does not mean that you got a bade deal on your lease.

It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide me with your car's MSRP and selling price. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • shellzshellz Posts: 34
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you provide the money factor and residuals for the 2008 Volvo S80 T6 and V8 for 24 and 36 months for 12,000 miles per year?

Thanks
  • shawn757shawn757 Posts: 132
    Hello Car man,
    Can you give me the Volvo Finance current Money factor and residual value for 24 month lease with 19500 miles a year?

Thanks
  • shawn757shawn757 Posts: 132
    The car I am interested in is S80 T6 2008 model.
  • Here you go, shellz. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 S80 T6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00213 and 59%. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Volvo S80 V8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00054 and 67%. Its 36 month numbers are .00159 and 56%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Wow, you do a lot of driving shawn757. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Volvo S80 T6 with 19,500 miles per year are .00165 and 67%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am currently negotiating with 2 dealers on the price of a new S80 (to ultimately lease). I am eligible for the X Plan price as well as all associated promotions / incentives. However, both dealers are pushing me to the A Plan price (which is lower).

My question is why would they do that? Are they not obligated to give me all available incentives under the A Plan where they are if I ask under the X Plan? What is the catch? Can anyone advise? Thanks!
  • Hey Car Man:

I also posted this in the S60 forum, as I have questions on both models. I spoke to my Volvo sales consultant yesterday and he mentioned that Volvo just announced aggressive lease programs on S60s and S80s. I am considering both models, so I would be curious if you knew the current MF and residual for both (24 mo and/or 36 mo; 12K per year). I was in the car, so I couldn't write down the numbers but I think he said there is $6500-$7000 lease support on the S60 and S80. We are coming off lease in February (V70), and I don't know if any loyalty cash is out there as well. I just would like to be prepared before I go in to see him next weekend. Any info would be great.

Thanks.
  • jabberjabber Posts: 56
    Hey sparty, have you gone back to your sales guy? What did he say? I believe this might be an alternative lease program. Do you know how much support there is, and what the best bank is?
  • natgornatgor Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,
    can you please let me know the money factor and residual value for 24 month lease for Volvo S80 3.2.

Thanks.
  • Hi Carman,

Requesting current money factor and residual for 36 month lease on the 2008 S80 & the S80T6 for 15K miles a year.

Also, Volvo is providing $3250 cash to dealer on the S80 through Feb. In your opinion, how much of this $3250 could I apply to a cap cost reduction?

Thank you very much and look forward to your response.
  • Stopped by a nearby dealer today to inquire about leasing a 2008 S80 with AWD, 24 month, 12K per year, zero cap reduction, (note: we have excellent credit).

The dealer just emailed us the following outrageous quote:

"2008 Volvo S80 with all wheel drive and T6 engine leased through Volvo leasing:

Price: $44.455.00 + Title and License Fees
    Discount: $0
    Term: 24 months/12,000 miles annually
    Down Payment: $2,900
    Residual 61%
    Money Factor: 0.00522
    Monthly Payment $1,125-1,135.00 + Tax On Approved Credit"

Comments anyone?

Thanks!